Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (69318 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
5.00GP:
YORUBA LANGUAGE IS THE EASIEST NIGERIA LANGUAGE TO LEARN.

MAJORITY OF NIGERIA ARTISTES USES YORUBA LANGUAGE IN THEIR LYRICS

NOLLYWOOD MOVIES (ENGLISH ) USES YORUBA LANGUAGE SOMETIMES IN THEIR SCRIPT .....

YORUBA LANGUAGE IS ALSO SPOKEN IN EDO, DELTA......... ..
not in my delta, I beg go front.

11 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Afam4eva(m): 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
tintingz: Are this igbo dialects same? All this Igbo-delta igbo-anambra etc will cause confusion to a learner.
Just learn to speak pedestran Igbo and you're ok.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Ifedechidex: 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
To answer your question, i'll say ,Hausa is the easiest, yoruba is the sweetest and igbo is just Fun..... Mind U, i had my primary and part of my secondary education in kano, finished my secondary education in lagos, and University ed. @ Nsukka-enugu... I can speak d 3 languages, but hausa is easier... I'm from Anambra though

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by DankemzI(m): 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
01mcfadden:
spoken in the south-south by the people of Akwa Ibom.

Geographically it's in the South-East, Politically it's called South-South.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by baggy4luv(m): 9:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
swhiss: I'm an Igbo guy
Hausa is the easiest Naija language to learn and
Yoruba is the hardest (sounds like they are
fighting,too much Yoruba Yoruba , trust me you don't
want to learn it ) ,the accents and emphasis in Igbo
and Yoruba will cause a learner to bite his tongue.
Hausa is more free flowing,very romantic sounding
and is very light on the tongue.
u need soldier knock to reset your default mode

8 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
Speaking igbo is like having a hot yam in one's throat. Its so difficult cos it involves vocal muscles.

7 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by vickyO(f): 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ifede chidex: To answer your question, i'll say ,Hausa is the easiest, yoruba is the sweetest and igbo is just Fun..... Mind U, i had my primary and part of my secondary education in kano, finished my secondary education in lagos, and University ed. @ Nsukka-enugu... I can speak d 3 languages, but hausa is easier

Yoruba is the sweetest, igbo is fun, hausa is easy.

This is the best post so far..

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
Yoruba language is sweet, easy to learn and understand that's why all this popular musician love using yoruba in their songs. Hausa should be another easiest language, I love the tones in hausa language.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
french undecided
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
DankemzI:

Geographically it's in the South-East, Politically it's called South-South.
attache by force angry

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by katty40(f): 9:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
Av lived in d north for 20yrs yet I can't speak or understand hausa but I have a yoruba friend online who teaches me and am learning real quick so ad pick yoruba. am igbo from anambara and I love my language!

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
Nonybb: Your submission that Imo state are the one with typical mainstream Igbo is a dangerous lie. The people with mainstream Igbo Nzugbe are the UMUAHIA PEOPLE. People should STOP portraying this vicious lie cos i hate it whenever i hear such. Even Igbo Bible was written in Umuahia igbo language! Beside i am from Anambra State and Onitsha igbo language is a load of scappy igbo
U are obviously a learner cos Igbo izugbe (central Igbo) is a combination of different Igbo dialects n nt just one.....
Op et al take note
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
Afam4eva:
Just learn to speak pedestran Igbo and you're ok.
OK
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
TribalEAST: Speaking igbo is like having a hot yam in one's throat. Its so difficult cos it involves vocal muscles.
mumu n speakin yeriba is lik one is runnin mad bcux of d high voice sad sad sad

6 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by REIN619(m): 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
DankemzI:

Ibibio is a Nigerian Language spoken by the South Eastern people of Akwa Ibom & Cross River.
pls d people of calabar dont speak ibibio but EFIK
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by swhiss: 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
baggy4luv: u need soldier knock to reset your default mode
for speaking my mind??!... smh, tell me u dont know what uwaka, aboki, wahala means in hausa or even ina sonki",
"burantashi" , "shege barawo", buro ubanka, shege,
iskanchi etc na all the bad bad words people dey
always sabi for hausa, Lol . i love that language, its so
sweet to speak. i tell u, if u hvnt lived in the
north before, u've never lived a complete fulfilled
naija life. i
had so much fun growing up among them and
assimilating the culture. they're just one of a kind!

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
katty40: Av lived in d north for 20yrs yet I can't speak or understand hausa but I have a yoruba friend online who teaches me and am learning real quick so ad pick yoruba. am igbo from anambara and I love my language!
Really? 20years??

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by jevic(m): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
Igbo is the easiest language.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Antonicx: 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
Tobetoe: I must say dat English is among d world's easiest language and also its d most broad.. I believe until d advent of English to naija, we have been communicating better.. There ar still words which ar hard to translate frm English to our local lang. And frm our local lang. to English. I found it hard to know wat TABLE is called in IGBO(pls pls, can someone help me wit it). .xo English is easy and simple to learn.

Unlike our different dialect in niaja,for example ,my mom reads igbo Bible,but wen i looked at it,brotherly ,i tried to murmur out some words, it wasnt fun at all , ,I open dis thread to get to know our opinions on d easiest Nigerian lang.

I have lived in benin for 6 years,d bini lang. dat i know how to utter ar d greeting formalities ,dooo,domur sir,eeye wacoyo,worsunu and others, .i also believe ,assuming i had lived in d west,maybe i would being fluent in yoruba. . And my own language(igbo) nt dat easy oo,cos there ar many versions of igbo ,d typical main igbo ar found in Imo state, i speak little of anambra and delta igbo combined .i got dis problem be4. In ma town this two words ARA and ALA were misinterpreted as BREAST and MADNESS respectively,buh at my teenage time dat i found dat ARA means madness and ALA being breast. .common trend wit d igbo's and d yoruba's . . So Nlander's lets open d floor of d house, . D easiest Nigerian language to learn perfectly . .hmm, i got wit IGBO. .and wat do u y'all think of hausa,urhobo,isoko,bini,izon,and d host of others.
yoruba,folo by hausa
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by chucky234(m): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
Yoruba is the easiest language to learn while Calabar and Ukwuani are the hardest.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by baggy4luv(m): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
TribalEAST: Speaking igbo is like having a hot yam in one's throat. Its so difficult cos it involves vocal muscles.
apkuna pkunachi oga mere chi..jeez where my beats by dre headphone
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
blink182: not in my delta, I beg go front.

STOP LYING!!!
YORUBA LANGUAGE IS A WELL SPOKEN LANGUAGE IN DELTA STATE ...

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by prof800(m): 9:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
If 'Pidgin' is considered a language then no doubt it is the easiest to learn and to speak.

But as regards ethnic dialects then the easiness starts from north running through south.

HAUSA Language comes first as the easiest. Also the most advanced in technical/lexical structure.

IGALA Next in line.

IDOMA Next in line.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by haykeenz(m): 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
Bcoz d british colonized a number of countries doesnt make English one of the easiest o.if u ve said one of d widely used,i might av agreed.Easy ke.our evryday written nd oral communication skills r filled wit errors.an assessment of ur thread xplainz it all.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Elevation(m): 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hausa is the easiest language in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
cashkid18: mumu n speakin yeriba is lik one is runnin mad bcux of d high voice sad sad sad
running mad?

You mean psquare, don jazzy, dr sid, chidinma etc who are all igbos making hits in yoruba language run mad everytime they do that?

15 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ichommy(m): 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
Yoruba wink

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by waxingmoon: 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
MMMua'zu:
It is a well-known fact that Hausa lang. Is the easiest to learn; if u doubt it, asked anybody that reside in the*united nothern Nigeria*(thinking aloud; our official language).

Bros,I do not accept that. I stayed in Kano for more than 4 years,still can't speak that language. Had a friend who was brought up in kano,he find it hard to speak it fluently.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by REIN619(m): 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]am from cross river but I can speak hausa very well even more than my own language and d funniest part of it is dat I Neva left my state for any northern state

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by lakefist(m): 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2014
hausa is hard joor..i lived more than 8yrs there i didnt understand anything..even nupe is better than hause

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by baggy4luv(m): 9:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
cashkid18: mumu n speakin yeriba is lik one is runnin mad bcux of d high voice sad sad sad
ispeaking igbo language is like arguing with someone..jeez communicating as if you are angry.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Masquerade, Ajeron, Cleanses Ajegunle Of Coronavirus (Photos) / 19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.