Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (69334 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 8:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
tintingz: Where are the igbos claiming Nollywood your igbo movies was rated 1% grin

Nollywood is not own by igbos but a Nigeria board of movies.
luks lik u ar hvin difficulty in comprehension.those words dt u highlighted means those movies wic are produced in native languages lik hausa,yoruba n igbo
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

O BOY DON'T BE AT LOGGERHEAD WITH HIM NOW..
THE GUY HAS SPOKEN THE TRUTH....

THE ITSEKIRIS ARE YORUBA ....
haba, I agree the itsekiris came from yoruba but they are not yoruba. Do not mention this sort of thing publicly in a place like warri because the itsekiris will tear you to pieces and I mean it literally. The itsekiris are people trying to harness and find an identity in delta state and you are here saying they are yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 8:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: sharap! Its english movies they make.
i cant wait to see olu jacob to start actin oba or emir instead of d normal igwe he normally acts since nollywood is now a nigerian industry

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by todayguest(m): 8:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
No language is easiest. All are difficult. I've lived in both Hausa and Igbo lands for years. Yet can't speak these languages fluently. I think, one's level of interaction and giftedness is key to better understanding and usage.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 8:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
paj4love:

pls those name you mentioned who are they?

help me ask him o
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
sholemania: A Yoruba can talk 48hrs without bringing in an English word.. Tell an Igbo man to do the same!

Una better act fast on ur language cos its going extinction lipsrsealed
This not news, articles has been written on it "how igbo language is dying/fading"

Who Will Save The Igbo Language?
http://www.naijarules.com/xf/index.php?threads/who-will-save-the-igbo-language.18844/

Igbo Language in Trouble
http://odinalamagazine.com/igbo_language.html

THE DEARTH OF THE IGBO LANGUAGE
http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2008/apr/062.html

Igbos should do something to their language before it die off, come to lagos for an example many igbo children prefer speaking in english than their language this is even the fault of their parents. I have this igbo friend he doesn't speak igbo but very fluent in yoruba, tho his mother is yoruba but have never seen him communicating in igbo.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 8:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
superstar1:

So because they started, it is now solely theirs.

They should give it igbowood then or biafrawood.

Nollywood is the exclusive film industry of all Nigerian films, whether in kanuri or itsekiri or anango or idoma.

Sorry.
We own the mainstream nollywood.
The one the world knows .
The one that gives fame.
The one that exports Igbo culture to the world.
Igbos are good.
Igbo spoken living in bondage of 92 shook the world, pls who knows abt Yoruba movies in naija aside yorubas.
The other day, they were a cussing Igbo ppl of wrong subtitles in Yoruba movies and I ask, are we the ones even making subtitles?

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: luks lik u ar hvin difficulty in comprehension.those words dt u highlighted means those movies wic are produced in native languages lik hausa,yoruba n igbo
So what am i saying undecided why is that igbo movies are rated 1%?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by superstar1(m): 8:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: if u cant accept d fact dt nollywood was started n owned by d igbos,u shud then go n die sad sad
that we decided to name it nollywood instead of biafrawood or igbowood was due to one nig n to to mak other tribes to feel wanted bt we knw who owns n controls d industry.,
Mayb wen naija divides it wil b changed to biafrawood tongue tongue

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Whining as usual, whenever their bubble is deflated.

Liarrrrrr. Igbos are not patriotic to Nigeria and they are very self centred group of people. It was named Nollywood because it is the film industry for the whole of Nigeria and not Biafra and alaigbo.

If you can't deal with that, jump inside Atlantic ocean and die.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 8:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
ketoprofen:

Sorry.
The one that gives fame.
Igbos are good.
Igbo spoken living in bondage of 92 shook the world, pls who knows abt Yoruba movies in naija aside yorubas.
The other day, they were a cussing Igbo ppl of wrong subtitles in Yoruba movies and I ask, are we the ones even making subtitles?
LOL, the fact still remains that igbo movies are rated 1% grin don't forget kunle afolayan also produce english movies.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by superstar1(m): 8:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
pazienza:

This attache by force,is not good for your health. With all due respect,when people say Nollywood,what they mean is the Nigerian movies where the kings are Igwes/Ezes and obis, Where the traditional marriage ceremonies are similar to what we all saw in flavour's Ada ada.

If yorubas now want to share in the glory of Igbowood aka nollywood,they should learn to tell their yoruba stories in a language the world understands. Nobody outside yorubaland watches yorubawood. Using English ,igbos has packaged and sold igbo culture and happenings to the rest of world,so much that when other Africans thinks of Nigerian culture,they are unconciously thinking of Igbo culture.

Attaché by force to a tribe that cannot even produce films in their language.

Tell the world when English became the exclusive right of y1bos in Nigeria. Tell the world how Nollywood has turned to Biafra wood or igbowood.

Another of your bubble deflated.

Deal with. Nollywood is the film industry of all Nigerian films.

The world can see the igbos greediness and covetousness as usual.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by superstar1(m): 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
ketoprofen:

Sorry.
The one that gives fame.
Igbos are good.

They own mainstream Nollywood with their usual fake, low-budget, substandard films, when people like tunde kelani, tade ogudan etc are producing block busters. The same way zeb ejiro and amaka igwe, Lancelot Imasuen are top draw.

Again, I repeat, Nollywood is the film industry of all Nigerian films, whether Hausa, Fulani, kalabari, ikwerres, Yoruba or Ogoni.

Jump inside ezzu river full of dead bodies , if you are pained.

If you want exclusive right to a film industry, start producing your films in y1bo. They are rich and their people cannot even afford to buy their films produced in y1bo, no wonder they cannot sustain such production.

English is the language of Nigeria and not of Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by aljharem(m): 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
When did English language become an Igbo language. C'mon it sounds ridiculous

Secondly itsekiris whether related to Yorubas or not are NOW Yorubas. Moreover ilajes are also in delta state.

Thirdly, go and kill yourself if you don't like to hear the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by theripper3: 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ofeeema-nu no go let us hear word.

Ogunde produced the first home video.

Ur movies are inter-galactic

Ur actors and actresses are lionized even in the evil forest.

U own 95% stake in kannywood, yollywood and igbowood.

Shey we go sleep now?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Kaysalas(m): 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
tintingz: LoL, I rated each dialect 100% its like a score.
wink shocked
Person no fit catch you for corner.SHSRP GUY! Nothing do you. Av a nice week ahead bro.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Kaysalas(m): 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
tintingz: LoL, I rated each dialect 100% its like a score.
wink shocked
Person no fit catch you for corner.SHARP GUY! Nothing do you. Av a nice week ahead bro.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
I knew this will become a tribalism war.... Igbo? Yoruba? Hausa? Whu cares? we are 1 Nigeria...... and God punish the op for wanting to cause anoda civil war in nairaland
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
LOL @ y'all saying Itsekiris are Yorubas. Tell an Itsekiri man he is Yoruba at your own peril. Like @blink182, go to Warri and tell an Itsekiri man to his face that he's Yoruba and see if he'll not use your head to make peppersoup. I hope you guys understand these are people with different cultural practices, they have their own identity.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by timilehin007(m): 9:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
01mcfadden:
hahahah
even if its true,its nice knowing my root but falling from the sky is another thing....your ancestor is an alien or is he one of the fallen angels?
Just asking! grin

If really we fell from the sky that means we deserves to be worship..we are not of this world our creation is divine..

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by aljharem(m): 9:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
Loooool there is No I mean No itsekiri person I have seen that has ever shut me down because I called him or her Yoruba. Nairaland is for those abroad, I am here in Nigeria and I mean what I am saying.
Itsekiri joined afenifere
Joined opc

Joined odua school of thought

What else is remaining. It is the same useless propaganda zik said in Lagos before he was stoned out

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
tintingz: LOL, the fact still remains that igbo movies are rated 1% grin don't forget kunle afolayan also produce english movies.
go n read d article again n u wil feel sorry for ur ignorance
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kaysalas: wink shocked
Person no fit catch you for corner.SHSRP GUY! Nothing do you. Av a nice week ahead bro.
and you too smiley
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 10:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: go n read d article again n u wil feel sorry for ur ignorance
Which ignorance tss..
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by jesunaanigmail(m): 11:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
fran6uc: 4 me as an ibo boy i think its hausa den yoruba b4 igbo. Hausa is a straight 4ward language & also if u stay wit dem u'l learn it faster cos dey dont communicate wit anoda language ova dia.
Den yoruba is next cos dey also ve straight 4ward language bt its acuracy is beta acquired (by birth) dan by learning it. Bt i think d language dozn't seem 2
suit doz living outside dia boundary as against hausa.
Igbo! I can confidently tel u dat irrespective of hw long u stay in igbo land as an adult u seldom b a pro in it or beta dan one immersed in it by birth or gets 2 acquire it 4rm childhood (children assimilate faster). Secondly dia's no ibo man who is fluent in as many as 3-4 different dialects because igbo has vast dialects dat are individually distinctive. I speak igbo izugbe (central igbo) & my dialect (amuda, abia) fluently bt i'd look totally foreign 2 an abakaliki or nsuka man. I'm also grabbing owerri too.
Dos of u tribalising dis thread dou uninformed should knw dat yoruba is rampant in music cos lagos is wia most productions are made which makes it easier 4 yorubas witout any knowledge of anoda language 2 fall in2 line. Pple 4rm oda languages are clustered in Lagos 2 do music thereby not being able 2 help learning d yoruba. It might interest u 2 knw dat Nigerian soldiers grind hausa well cos of there base, so locatn is a factor of rampancy.
Dont say d ibos are going extinct cos u'r simply geographicaly immobile abi u no dey c phyno (capital rec) & flavour? I bet u olamide cannot pull a crowd of 2 hundred in ebonyi cos dey dnt undastnd a tin he says.
If u go eastern u 2 wil like dia hits ova dia. (bongo, arabanko et al)

Also pls d igbos dont own nollywood bt dey tend 2 exist around a venture dat pays. PERIOD! Its nt peculiar 2 nollowood bt also in many endeavours. Doz guy just let dia accounts speak 4 dem.

Thanks for your comment. You showed a great deal of maturity & inteligence. I am happy there are still Nigerians like you who. God bless you
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Sparklingheart: 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
In igbo language, wen ur leg or hand seize 2 move freuently n @ d same tym u feel like u dnt own d leg or hand again coz even if u r pinched @ dat tym u wil nt fell it( it is called OTAK-OGWERE).... Pls wot is it called in english language?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
Igbo and SS-Nollywood
Hausa-Kannywood

Yoruba can have their Yollywood

It's based on facts!

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by alivetofuckonly(m): 11:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
Tobetoe: yeah, its d sweetest. I love d lyrics,its d fastest in rap music, .

Yeah with yoruba rap is easy. I mean check out naija hiphops today yoruba is always just it. Besides if the language is studied carefully, u will realize a vowel usually comes after a consonant and followed by a consonant again..that makes it really easy to learn and speak. Another such language is hausa..easy too but some language like I-g-b-o where 1 consonant is followed by 3-4 vowels including nostril vowels...chei..na hell. I'm neither of these 3 tribe but I just say the truth.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by superstar1(m): 1:00am On Jan 06, 2014
donedy: Igbo and SS-Nollywood
Hausa-Kannywood

It's based on facts!

Englishwood + kannywood + yollywood+ otherwood = NOLLYWOOD = Nigeria Film Industry

Or

Englishwood + Hausawood + Yorubawood + Otherwood - Igbowood= NOLLYWOOD

Shikena.

If you are pained about that, roll inside the mud of alaigbo 70*70 times. grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 3:15am On Jan 06, 2014
Igbo and SS - Nollywood
Hausa -Kannywood

It's based on facts!
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Tobetoe(m): 7:02am On Jan 06, 2014
mvem: The easiest language in Nigeria should be hausa cos of its popularity...It is the most spoken language in Nigeria and one of the major languages of W.Africa.....it is spoken in Mali,Niger,part of cameroun,northern part of Benin,south of Chad e.t.c....its even d language of d nigerian army...all d whole north speak hausas either as 1st or 2nd language....U can see alot of igbos and yoruba speaking hausa but u cant see a northerner person speak igbo or yoruba, i mean hardly....and am not hausa
we ar talking about naija nt other african countries . We know dat hausa has d largest population in naija,then d naija army all tend to speak d three major langs(u know d reasons for dat, or dont u). Dats a pure lie wen u said northerners cant speak igbo, ur problem is dat u dont travel,maybe u have been based in one location all ur life. .listen to me now,hausas ar found everywhere in naija, brotherly i tell u, check out d hausa's living in onitsha, asaba,abia state,imo. .i swear they speak igbo more than i do ' .. .ignoramus is ur problem
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by jmoore(m): 7:27am On Jan 06, 2014
Sparklingheart: In igbo language, wen ur leg or hand seize 2 move freuently n @ d same tym u feel like u dnt own d leg or hand again coz even if u r pinched @ dat tym u wil nt fell it( it is called OTAK-OGWERE).... Pls wot is it called in english language?
Numbness.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Meox: 8:06am On Jan 06, 2014
Tobetoe: I must say dat English is among d world's easiest language and also its d most broad.. I believe until d advent of English to naija, we have been communicating better.. There ar still words which ar hard to translate frm English to our local lang. And frm our local lang. to English. I found it hard to know wat TABLE is called in IGBO(pls pls, can someone help me wit it). .xo English is easy and simple to learn.

Unlike our different dialect in niaja,for example ,my mom reads igbo Bible,but wen i looked at it,brotherly ,i tried to murmur out some words, it wasnt fun at all , ,I open dis thread to get to know our opinions on d easiest Nigerian lang.

I have lived in benin for 6 years,d bini lang. dat i know how to utter ar d greeting formalities ,dooo,domur sir,eeye wacoyo,worsunu and others, .i also believe ,assuming i had lived in d west,maybe i would being fluent in yoruba. . And my own language(igbo) nt dat easy oo,cos there ar many versions of igbo ,d typical main igbo ar found in Imo state, i speak little of anambra and delta igbo combined .i got dis problem be4. In ma town this two words ARA and ALA were misinterpreted as BREAST and MADNESS respectively,buh at my teenage time dat i found dat ARA means madness and ALA being breast. .common trend wit d igbo's and d yoruba's . . So Nlander's lets open d floor of d house, . D easiest Nigerian language to learn perfectly . .hmm, i got wit IGBO. .and wat do u y'all think of hausa,urhobo,isoko,bini,izon,and d host of others.
Hausa is the best spoken language in nigeria, when you listen to an hausa lady speak, you will fall inlove believe me it is sooooooooo romantic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Olori Sekinat-Elegushi Wife Of Oba Of Ikate Land [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.