Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Is It A Must To Go To Church On New Year Eve - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Must To Go To Church On New Year Eve (749 Views)

Church Locks Out Commercial Sex Workers From New Year’s Eve Service / Pastor Enters Into Church On A Hoverboard (Photos) / See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Must To Go To Church On New Year Eve by akpomeme(m): 1:26am On Jan 01, 2014
My madam thinks I am a horrible person for suggesting we pray at home. My concern was all based on safety than roaming around Lagos at night. She agreed and we chilled at home but now afte our prayers at home she is battling with me for being responsible for her backsliding in the face of The Lord... What wrong have I done?
Re: Is It A Must To Go To Church On New Year Eve by vicoloni(m): 1:30am On Jan 01, 2014
I think your madam doesn't really know The Lord. There is nowhere in the bible where he instructed every to be in church on new year eve though it is advisable to start the new year seeking help from above.
Wherever you choose to do that however is irrelevant.
Re: Is It A Must To Go To Church On New Year Eve by NosoChic: 7:50am On Jan 01, 2014
For the past 5 years, I did not attend any crossover service. I pray at home.

I believe it is a time to seek one on one INDIVIDUAL WORD from God. For the year 2014, I received the word my year of IN CHRIST ALONE, in my little bedroom.

This word was so soothing as I received it. It was indeed relevant as my faith in 2013 was staggering as I had faced so many difficulties and given up. But in His faithfulness and righteousness, HE kept me.

We need to understand that as long as you invite the presence of GOD wherever you are in faith, HE will honor HIS word.

God is not a God of the crowd....... smiley
Re: Is It A Must To Go To Church On New Year Eve by omenka(m): 8:27am On Jan 01, 2014
Firstly, what has this got to do with politics? Why didn't you post it in the religion section where you are most likely to get replies??

Secondly that phrase "is it a must..." sounds so "illiterate" and irritating. Simply say "must one...". U understand?
Re: Is It A Must To Go To Church On New Year Eve by akpomeme(m): 3:52pm On Jan 01, 2014
omenka: Firstly, what has this got to do with politics? Why didn't you post it in the religion section where you are most likely to get replies??

Secondly that phrase "is it a must..." sounds so "illiterate" and irritating. Simply say "must one...". U understand?
At least you understood it... Is it a must for you to comment angry
Re: Is It A Must To Go To Church On New Year Eve by omenka(m): 3:54pm On Jan 01, 2014
akpomeme:
At least you understood it... Is it a must for you to comment angry

Pity.

(1) (Reply)

Can Satan See God For Any Purpose / Photos: Synagogue Building Had No Govt Approval, Fashola Visits Site / Those Blaming The Lasg For Synagogue Church Tragedy Should Read This Conspiracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.