Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! (36707 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Okijajuju1(m): 9:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
xplicity1: Nobody is born an atheist, u can change as lng as u're nt born with it.

And people were born theist... grin

Like seriously.... grin

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by deeptesting(m): 9:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
@OP you are not truly convinced of your belief...If you are truly an Atheist you will not be disturbed by the emotional tantrum of your Mum. A convinced Atheist would help his/her Mum to stop wasting her time in fairy tale of a friend in heaven..I went through similar situation after my conviction that god does not exist and up until now everyone including my Mum respects my non belief in a god and I have nothing against their belief in god.

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
The moment when you're called by the MC to give a prayer of thanksgiving at your mum's 60th birthday anniversary embarassed or your daughter's 5th and u realize u havent said one in years..

3 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by SIRANDREWS: 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
adsonstone: @OP;

Of course I believe your mum has a reason for believing there's a God which she wants you to see and she's not 'deluded' as atheists see theists.

Since you have once been a theist and you did not see those reasons/find them worthy, I think you should not just pretend to be one because it is of no use and besides, it won't make a difference perhaps, it will make things worse in the long-run

@ other Atheists,
I think you haven't still understood the concept of a God who wasn't created but created all things.

P.S.
Atheists, Open a thread and invite me for a dialogue.
why don't you open a thread and explain the concept of god
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
Okija_juju:

Like when God said thou shall not kill and thous shall do good to those who persecute you, yet ordered the Jews to kill man, woman and children of their enemies.. grin
You must also know i cannot & will not even try to defend God. Believe whatever you will about him. I don't care.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by oladistinct(m): 10:01pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: I'm talking about the great grand mother of all failures: eternal condemnation. grin
Now I get your drift, eternal condemnation? how? where? You mean eternal condemnation to people that do not believe in that god of yours, I laugh you. Think about this; what if Mohammed, Budha or Krishna happen to be the right way to the almighty; alas, we will enjoy that eternal condemnation together, if it's real anyways.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by 2sexyus: 10:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
libero00:

Then quite bluntly your mother does not love you. If she did, she would respect your beliefs. You are willing to change for her but she is not willing to change for you. Can't you see she is using the tatic of making you feel guilty by inciting fear into you because she's insecure about her religion so she needs to convert you to reassure herself of her salvation?
My advice: tell her the day you go to god, you will go to an early grave as well. Tell her not to worry her salvation is already secure.
I beg you, stick to your belief. Religion has been the cause of many wars in this world.
smh... A woman that carried him for 9 whole months, took care of him at infant, fed him etc does not love him?

You my friend is a devil.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by lizbum(f): 10:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ask God to open d eyes of ur undrstnding to kw him in person
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Okijajuju1(m): 10:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: You must also know i cannot & will not even try to defend God. Believe whatever you will about him. I don't care.

Its not about belief..

God alleged is the author of the bible.. And if his 'words' contradict itself, you shouldn't expect me to turn a blind eye..

Assuming God really created us, I'm sure he gave us out brains for a reason.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Acidosis(m): 10:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
Your mom should have trained you in the way of Christ right from your child hood.

I've been listening to the message of Christ right from my mother's womb..

100Billion atheists and 100 Billion demons cannot change my decision to follow Christ. Blame/Thank my Parents smiley
It is not a myth..
Personally, I've discovered, experienced, lived and ate the gospel. smiley

All I have to tell you is to open your mind.. do not pretend to serve a God you do not know...

Sit down and ask God to reveal himself to you. smiley
Salvation is gotten by the effort of NO man, but the Holy Spirit.

Once again, open your mind and be neutral... Ask HIM (The creator of Heaven & Earth) for a real revelation. Ask him in your silent moment...

What you're about to Experience will shock you.

3 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
oladistinct: Now I get your drift, eternal condemnation? how? where? You mean eternal condemnation to people that do not believe in that god of yours, I laugh you. Think about this; what if Mohammed, Budha or Krishna happen to be the right way to the almighty; alas, we will enjoy that eternal condemnation together, if it's real anyways.
No wahala. Sebi we'll all die one day. You people think we christians don't know what we are talking about when we talk of this Jesus. He is the image of the invisible God.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Solankelekzy(m): 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
mazaje:

There is no god but allah and mohammed is his messenger, my brother you are on the wrong path. . You will rot in allah's hell unless you believe in him and accept his religion which is islam. . .say what ever you want but you will definitely remember this post some day. . .
believe this bro, i can hear the 'tolerance'&'peace' in your post, christ offers you salvation free from a set of rules and conduct, he doesnt sentence you to hell lyk you av jst done, doesn maim and kill innocent lives to prove he is lord, you are pure hostile flesh hiding under the cloak of a tagline, when you find true peace you find christ!
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by oladistinct(m): 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
lizbum: Ask God to open d eyes of ur undrstnding to kw him in person
Why on earth should u ask the ever knowing and ever present god for that? god should be smarter than that now, after all we didn't ask him to create us in the first instance yet he created us, why should we now open our heart and look forward to him revealing himself to us. If indeed he is the almighty, he should have come up with a plan to clear the air all this while. Maybe he is now in extinction sha
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
Okija_juju:

Its not about belief..

God alleged is the author of the bible.. And if his 'words' contradict itself, you shouldn't expect me to turn a blind eye..

Assuming God really created us, I'm sure he gave us out brains for a reason.
okija boy, everything will not always make sense. It's not given to us to understand all, but it's given to us to believe.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
Solanke lekzy:
believe this bro, i can hear the 'tolerance'&'peace' in your post, christ offers you salvation free from a set of rules and conduct, he doesnt sentence you to hell lyk you av jst done, doesn maim and kill innocent lives to prove he is lord, you are pure hostile flesh hiding under the cloak of a tagline, when you find true peace you find christ!
Nice one solanke. Muslim's are busy wearing themselves out with long list of rules that lead to a dead end, instead of coming to grace & freedom.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Okijajuju1(m): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: okija boy, everything will not always make sense. It's not given to us to understand all, but it's given to us to believe.

Aint that the dumbest statement I have ever heard... shocked

How can you just believe in something that you dont understand nor makes sense to you..

Do you believe in the tooth fairy? Or Santa clause? Or the Easter bunny? If NO, then the next question is why? They are just as real as God, Thor, Hercules, e.t.c..

No disrespect intended..

And it's Sir to you not Boy.. Even the bible you believe in talks about respect..

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by oladistinct(m): 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: No wahala. Sebi we'll all die one day. You people think we christians don't know what we are talking about when we talk of this Jesus. He is the image of the invisible God.
Thank your god for you, you said it yourself, invisible god but I'll help you a little, it should have been imaginary god. Trust me my brother, you christians don't know what you are talking about. when you die you can't know where you will be, because you don't know where you were before you were born.

3 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
Okija_juju:

Aint that the dumbest statement I have ever heard... shocked

How can you just believe in something that you dont understand nor makes sense to you..

Do you believe in the tooth fairy? Or Santa clause? Or the Easter bunny? If NO, then the next question is why? They are just as real as God, Thor, Hercules, e.t.c..

No disrespect intended..

And it's Sir to you not Boy.. Even the bible you believe in talks about respect..
ok
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by SIRANDREWS: 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: okija boy, everything will not always make sense. It's not given to us to understand all, but it's given to us to believe.
rubbish

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Okijajuju1(m): 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
oladistinct: Thank your god for you, you said it yourself, invisible god but I'll help you a little, it should have been imaginary god. Trust me my brother, you christians don't know what you are talking about. when you die you can't know where you will be, because you don't know where you were before you were born.

Gbam...

I had no idea where I came from.. If I could have planned for this life, I'm sure Nigeria would not have been my first choice, nor Africa and my Parents would most likely be Bill Gates or someone wealthy like that.. grin
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by SIRANDREWS: 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: No wahala. Sebi we'll all die one day. You people think we christians don't know what we are talking about when we talk of this Jesus. He is the image of the invisible God.
and the Muslims don't know what they're saying
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by maryhaam(f): 10:20pm On Jan 04, 2014
Allihamdulilahi for my life......this thread thou
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 04, 2014
oladistinct: Thank your god for you, you said it yourself, invisible god but I'll help you a little, it should have been imaginary god. Trust me my brother, you christians don't know what you are talking about. when you die you can't know where you will be, because you don't know where you were before you were born.
So, what are you saying in essence? Are you part of the atheists?
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Teeted: 10:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
onetrack:

Nonsense....Krishna is going to torture you cruelly for eternity if you don't believe and follow him only....and his cruelty surpasses even the cruelty of Yahweh and Allah, and anyone with even the slightest bit of reason will agree with me. Now submit. And give me your money.
Bros eee I no go lie you; Your shake dey brian
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by tonididdy(m): 10:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
this THREAD serves as an eye opener to everybody....i personally dont know what to beleive in, i had a christian childhood and have STUCK to that uptill now BUT reading every comment now, i dont shun or belittle any ''as we all have a point''.
what if christianity or islam or buddism isnt the way to ETERNAL GLORY and hinduism IS or vice versa...what then?...do we all perish then for our ignorance or mistakes? bECAUSE SAME WAY CHRIStianity dey shack we christians (that we are so sure its the right religion to heaven,) SAME WAY other religions are sure there's is the right way.

THERE HAS TO BE AN EXPLANATION For ALL THIS.

a REAL HIGHER BEING help us all...amen

4 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
SIR ANDREWS: and the Muslims don't know what they're saying
Sir andrews, i cannot stay on the side of equity in matters concerning my knowledge of God. YES...muslims are very lost.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by lolaxavier(m): 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd: Since I officially dumped the idea of a god, I haven't seen my parents. I went home this christmas,it was a wonderful holiday for me,little did I know my mum was hurting deep down inside!

She called me today being the 1st of January 2014 and started telling me how she asked Yahweh to give her a son after she had four girls(who are all married) which He did according to her. She told me how she has barely slept most nights in the pasy year because of my atheism. Also said it might lead her to her early grave if I continue living without god.

My dilemma is I can't pretend about god and the bible,yet I don't want my mum to die or have sleepless nights! When people read the bible the smile on face shows I don't believe any of it, when I try to pray I feel like I'm mad talking to myself or like a kid talking to Barney and friends!

How do I undo what has been done! How do I unknow what I know about god and religion? How do I ignore the inconsistencies?

I love my mum so much and will gladly become a sheeple for her to be happy
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by oladistinct(m): 10:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
Okija_juju:

Gbam...

I had no idea where I came from.. If I could have planned for this life, I'm sure Nigeria would not have been my first choice, nor Africa and my Parents would most likely be Bill Gates or someone wealthy like that.. grin

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Teeted: 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2014
oladistinct: Why on earth should u ask the ever knowing and ever present god for that? god should be smarter than that now, after all we didn't ask him to create us in the first instance yet he created us, why should we now open our heart and look forward to him revealing himself to us. If indeed he is the almighty, he should have come up with a plan to clear the air all this while. Maybe he is now in extinction sha
Sorry!
Ndo!
Pele!
Doo!
Eeyaaa!
Mmmmmn!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by oladistinct(m): 10:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: So, what are you saying in essence? Are you part of the atheists?
you want to put me on gej's list?
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Legit: 10:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd: Since I officially dumped the idea of a god, I haven't seen my parents. I went home this christmas,it was a wonderful holiday for me,little did I know my mum was hurting deep down inside!

She called me today being the 1st of January 2014 and started telling me how she asked Yahweh to give her a son after she had four girls(who are all married) which He did according to her. She told me how she has barely slept most nights in the pasy year because of my atheism. Also said it might lead her to her early grave if I continue living without god.

My dilemma is I can't pretend about god and the bible,yet I don't want my mum to die or have sleepless nights! When people read the bible the smile on face shows I don't believe any of it, when I try to pray I feel like I'm mad talking to myself or like a kid talking to Barney and friends!

How do I undo what has been done! How do I unknow what I know about god and religion? How do I ignore the inconsistencies?

I love my mum so much and will gladly become a sheeple for her to be happy
Organise religion is confusing and causing so many division, among families and ppl of the world. The truth is nobody knows the truth, we are all following our parents doctrine. There are many religion in the world, all of them claimed they are the right path, hence, we are ALL confused. I think we should follow our conscience as our guide, because no matter your religion, somebody will tell say you are on the wrong path. Atheism is an absolute that there's no god, they don't know either. The best and honest following is Agnostic, who believe that nobody know, they are on the fence per se, and that is the only honest assesment. So, follow your conscience and let your mom know, she cannot save you on the judgment day, if there's one. Everywo/man for him/her self. My 2cents

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by oladistinct(m): 10:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
Teeted:
Sorry!
Ndo!
Pele!
Doo!
Eeyaaa!
Mmmmmn!!!!
same here brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article / Leke Adeboye Apologises For Calling RCCG Pastors Goats / Dunamis: Miracle Claim Causes Controversy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.