Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria (3831 Views)

Frederick Lugard, 'Iguocha', And Historical References / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS / Lord Frederick Lugard (1858-1945) And Dame Flora Shaw (1852-1929) [pictures] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by gratiaeo(m): 7:27am On Jan 01, 2014
Ile-Ife:

2 Likes

Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by IleIfe2(m): 7:28am On Jan 01, 2014
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by gratiaeo(m): 7:32am On Jan 01, 2014
Dear Sir,
My name is Pelu Awofeso, travel journalist and publisher of waka-about .
In the light of the federal government’s plan to mark Nigeria’s centenary in 2014, we sent one of our writers on assignment to Zungeru, the historic town.
Among other landmarks, the tour brought her to the building , where Frederick Lugard supposedly signed the Amalgamation of Northern and Southern Nigeria on 1 January 1914.
We like the idea of a centenary celebration. if anything, it will help to  unite our dear country even more. Already, there is a whole raft of  centenary everything:centenary city, centenary slogan, centenary song,  centenary logo/emblem, centenary lottery,centenary website.
But so far no mention has been made of Zungeru, Niger State, where Frederick Lugard  actually signed the amalgamation into effect.

Zungeru should be the ideal  CENTENARY CITY, a town that should be properly prepared ahead of the 2014  commemoration. I do hope this image will be published in your respected  medium to draw attention to an unfairly neglected but significant town in our country’s history.
http://premiumtimesng.com/letter/house-where-fredericklugard-signed-the-amalgamation-of-nothern-southern-nigeria

1 Like

Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by Taeewo(m): 7:33am On Jan 01, 2014
K
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by gratiaeo(m): 7:35am On Jan 01, 2014
Ile-Ife:
I don't what's hell with my BB it can't post picture?
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by Rexsul: 8:07am On Jan 01, 2014
I strongly beleive dat amalgamation is a historical mistake in ds country

2 Likes

Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by badmeat(m): 8:13am On Jan 01, 2014
So na this house wey Lugard n him yeye wife sign document wey join us to hell!angry

2 Likes

Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by eluquenson(m): 8:17am On Jan 01, 2014
Amalgamation...greatest mistake ever in this country

1 Like

Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by rodeo0070(m): 8:48am On Jan 01, 2014
This building ought to have been maintained over the years so as to serve as a national monument. Some countries do use sites like this for tourism...

2 Likes

Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:55am On Jan 01, 2014
Na the jagajaga house make Nigeria jagajaga.

1 Like

Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by chiefololade: 9:00am On Jan 01, 2014
Shame on our leaders.. (past and present)
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by ednut1(m): 9:02am On Jan 01, 2014
How can we be sure na
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by gratiaeo(m): 9:19am On Jan 01, 2014
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by nku5: 9:25am On Jan 01, 2014
I don't know why successive governments have neglected Zungeru. The place is a treasure trove of history but when u go there u will be very disappointed.

Besides being a one time colonial capital of Nigeria, its also the town where Zik and Ojukwu were born. When I went there I saw the remains of the house where Zik was born as well as the Anglican church he was baptised at and worshipped as a young boy. The church is still very much standing but in disrepair.

The pissed off chaplain gave me a lecture on how insensitive govt is before he let me take pictures grin
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 10:19am On Jan 01, 2014
Shocking! shocked
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by Temismith(f): 10:22am On Jan 01, 2014
Waow
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by Brimmie(m): 11:02am On Jan 01, 2014
Beautiful! shocked
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by Alexgeneration(m): 11:02am On Jan 01, 2014
Am not surprised the house is in dire need of repairs. Only Nigeria can come out of this shanty,delapidated shit hole

1 Like

Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 01, 2014
rodeo0070: This building ought to have been maintained over the years so as to serve as a national monument. Some countries do use sites like this for tourism...
Those countries are better countries.
Nigerian leaders dont see your point valid.
They would rather keep the money away in foreign bank accounts.
In all, Nigeria cant maintain such building because it's a failed state.
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 01, 2014
Brimmie: Beautiful! shocked
grin
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by 2fine2fast(m): 11:54am On Jan 01, 2014
The House that gave birth to the most Unhealthy Union in the history of Mankind.......
I dont expect much sad sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 12:19pm On Jan 01, 2014
What a shame to our FG and some part of the shame to the state government for not reminding the FG to do what is right.
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 12:25pm On Jan 01, 2014
nku5: I don't know why successive governments have neglected Zungeru. The place is a treasure trove of history but when u go there u will be very disappointed.

Besides being a one time colonial capital of Nigeria, its also the town where Zik and Ojukwu were born. When I went there I saw the remains of the house where Zik was born as well as the Anglican church he was baptised at and worshipped as a young boy. The church is still very much standing but in disrepair.

The pissed off chaplain gave me a lecture on how insensitive govt is before he let me take pictures grin

Our leaders need total deliverance.
They are busy chasing shadow neglecting what should be put right.

LORD unto thee I commit the so called One 9jaria.
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by Shekson(m): 12:40pm On Jan 01, 2014
Like expending money on dat shld be the govt's priority abi. Rubbish!!! If they build an edifice worth millions, these same hypocrites will come running on nairaland to spit criticisms.
I am not a fan of GEJ, buh I believe edifying dat structure which reminds us of the selfish motivation of the british for unifying the two protectorates is a total waste of public funds.
We have got beta tins I wld like us to remind the government to spend funds on.
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by angelTI(f): 12:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
What is this brouhaha about amalgamation celebration sef?

What good has it done Nigeria?

Its another avenue for the peeps @the top to waste and embezzle our resources
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by nku5: 12:44pm On Jan 01, 2014
Youngzedd: What a shame to our FG and some part of the shame to the state government for not reminding the FG to do what is right.

Their attention is almost always on funny things. In lokoja, governor wada of kogi rehabilitated the spot where the nigerian flag was first raised and the royal niger company flag lowered. It used to be a place where ppl used to sneak in and poo until last year.
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by IGBOSON1: 12:46pm On Jan 01, 2014
An apt metaphor wouldn't you say?

The house looks hunted as well! sad

2 Likes

Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by passion007: 1:34pm On Jan 01, 2014
IGBO-SON:
An apt metaphor wouldn't you say?

The house looks hunted as well! sad

Heh heh heh
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by kirian202: 1:39pm On Jan 01, 2014
The house even make sence pass Nigeria self

2 Likes

Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by dridowu: 4:01pm On Jan 01, 2014
Maintenance culture is 1 of our major problem in 9ja
Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by cashkid18(m): 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2014
The building itself is d reflection of the
d country is

2 Likes

Re: House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria by musiwa112: 4:18pm On Jan 01, 2014
I AM TELLING, IT IS 419. northerners are just 419 you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advantage Of Investing In Benin Republic. money Security / Please Can I Still Get "Wailers Form"? / Bishop Na Ozubulu, Alleged To Be The Target Of The Ozubulu Killings - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.