Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare (28387 Views)

It's Official Burna Boy Is Breaking Guinness World Records With TECNO BOOM J7 / My Experience With Tecno Carlcare On Phone Swap. / My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by superSsam(m): 9:06am On Jan 01, 2014
I was thrilled when I just got my N7, shey its the techno peeps have been yammering about. It was all rosy until the phone just refused to power on after less than 2 months of careful use. I happily walked into a carlcare office armed with everything I could find about my phone so I wouldn't falter in any terms and conditions. After struggling to find the hidden office, I saw a crowd of customers cramped up in a tiny room waiting for their turn. Standing for about one hour after hours of searching for this office was far from what I bargained for. I was patient though. I gave them my phone and I was told to come back in two weeks time.

Two weeks came and passed and I even gave them a couple of days more to avoid excuses. The excuses are exactly what I got. I was told to return the next week coz my fone was sent to Lagos blah blah blah. I still obliged. Till date I haven't collected my phone (2months) because my phone hasn't thought it wise to return from it's Lagos trip. I checked it, the amount I have wasted embarking on this fruitless weekly voyage added to the original price of my techno would get me a clean, fairly used s3. My brother has a similar experience, after I convinced him to get on the techno platform he got the phantom a+. After less than two weeks the phone started acting up. Restarting and sometimes going completely off on it's own. Now I take the slack for it because I was the one who convinced him to get the phone.

This piece is coming from my HTC phone which I got for far less (fairly used) and gives me way more than my thecno. Here's my advice, if you want to get an android phone, don't go for a cheap China phone, you'll still pay the original cost of a good one way or the other and still end up with your crap. Wise up, save a little more and save yourself from disappointments!

12 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 01, 2014
these are the faults one encounters gradually with an mtk device... i always warn against this.. not only tecno, but all mtk

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by krugar07(m): 9:51am On Jan 01, 2014
op has finally learnt his lesson... and also, 4get it... ur n7 phone has been used for spare parts.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by s3nn2x(m): 10:01am On Jan 01, 2014
It happens.
What is your point exactly? Is it that Tecno phones are crappy or Carl Care services is nothing to write home about? I really don't get your point. All I know is that there is no product that is perfect. You were just unlucky. I have been using my phone for 6 months and I have not had a reason to regret or even visit Carl care.
What is the name of the HTC you now use that is better than your Tecno and how much did you get it?
Well for me, I can never use a Tecno product below a Phantom A+.

24 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by sammer4life(m): 10:02am On Jan 01, 2014
I have a feeling that this will be the first tecno topic to hit the front page this year....... Till then, stay off my space
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by venorite(m): 10:11am On Jan 01, 2014
Op sorry tho,I always tell people to stay away from china fones.I don't see any reason why u will buy a fone for 35k that won't last wen u could just budget 40k for a samsung s3 that you will use without complaints.these tecno fones will only make sense wen their carl centres start doing what they are expected to do.pls nobody should quote me cos this is my opinion,ure entittled to urs.pele op

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 01, 2014
Space book in case this makes front page
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 01, 2014
M using a tecno Q1 and sometimes, it malfunctions... I have restored factory settings about 4 times since I bought it... I have nothing against tecno tho... I love this phone cos it is convenient... I plan on getting another android phone later but trust me, it aint gonna be tecno... M thinking Nexus... I just need an android phone which has OTA upgrade... The only good thing abt tecno that I can testify to is the good quality of their camera... That's all... Op, Pele... Take heart...

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Sunymoore(m): 10:42am On Jan 01, 2014
Hmm. undecided
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 01, 2014
venorite: Op sorry tho,I always tell people to stay away from china fones.I don't see any reason why u will buy a fone for 35k that won't last wen u could just budget 40k for a samsung s3 that you will use without complaints.these tecno fones will only make sense wen their carl centres start doing what they are expected to do.pls nobody should quote me cos this is my opinion,ure entittled to urs.pele op
you are right tho.. but a new s3 is 66grand 1gb ram version.. 75grand lte 2gb ram version... all those uk used all fairly used, i never recommend for any one...

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by zeanslim(m): 10:46am On Jan 01, 2014
sorry op.. but i think all devices cant be perfect, there must be rotten eggs between,brands dnt matter there are bad iphones,samsung etc too,, using mine for a year and its close to perfection.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by wheesin(m): 10:48am On Jan 01, 2014
I used an l3 ..first it couldnt charge...returned it to carl care ..stayed 3 weeks...worked for a day and d fault came back again...jeez...we are all on our own cry grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by daverebranded(m): 11:09am On Jan 01, 2014
rooted and got bricked... took to carlcare and they served my m3 for me...so far no headache for me...don't plan getting a phone soon sha ..tab fings this one for WiFi...they are serving me well at least better than bb did me...chai can't forget how costly those bb parts were
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by seribroo56(m): 1:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
deejay_harry1: these are the faults one encounters gradually with an mtk device... i always warn against this.. not only tecno, but all mtk
DIS STATEMENT IS FALSE

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 01, 2014
seribroo56: DIS STATEMENT IS FALSE
i am sure of my facts, but wouldn't mind learning more if you can guide me with facts to your statement..

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by adeoladrg(m): 1:33pm On Jan 01, 2014
That's ur headache Oga! Others av issues with their Samsung and HTC fones. But just a little problem with a tecno fone and they'll look for the shortest-cut to NL to open poo threads and throw useless complaints. I've not had an issue with my P5 for 3 months and kicking now. Collect ur fone or ur money back if possible!

Last bullet: If ur fone has a problem, sell and buy a new one with a better brand and stop the search for relevance on NL

13 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Anomnity: 1:52pm On Jan 01, 2014
Sorry OP, its possible you bought a factory defective Tecno phone.All phone manufacturers including HTC churn out few defective phones unknowingly.So it would be wrong to generalise then that all Tecno phones are bad because there are hundreds of thousands of people using Tecno phones without any complaint.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by olahero(m): 2:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
2013 is their first year of producing TECNO Smartphones running on ANDROID and the times are still young for WE consumer to have the 90% of their best product, fact is that they really tried and and I commend their effort on making Smartphones of their product cheap like no others, first of their product N3 was sold until it was desapear in markets and please tell me, are you expecting non of thousands of it to have no fault? follow by their other products which rock every angle of Nigeria, @Op, i had read a post like this on Samsung S4 here on NL so tackle the probe by urself.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Youngpo413: 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2014
Sorry
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by slimjoe25(m): 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2014
I'm sure u're only making a false acquisition. Guess u've been paid by some marketers. If u want to blame d carl care, Its nothing to do with d phone. The person u meet may not be a reliable person. All product has its problem, u were just unlucky. Techno is one of d best phones arround. I've been using the product long b4 d Android version came to d country. Believed me. I still av d one I bought in 2008 working well and d battery still functioning normal till this moment.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by oskaroni(m): 3:34pm On Jan 01, 2014
olahero: 2013 is their first year of producing TECNO Smartphones running on ANDROID and the times are still young for WE consumer to have the 90% of their best product, fact is that they really tried and and I commend their effort on making Smartphones of their product cheap like no others, first of their product N3 was sold until it was desapear in markets and please tell me, are you expecting non of thousands of it to have no fault? follow by their other products which rock every angle of Nigeria, @Op, i had read a post like this on Samsung S4 here on NL so tackle the probe by urself.
oga na lie o,i Bought my n3 2012,so i guess its 2012 nt 2013,get ya facts right b4 posting

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Nocojp: 4:43pm On Jan 01, 2014
@superSsam_:
I was thrilled when I just got my N7, shey its the techno peeps have been yammering about. It was all rosy until the phone just refused to power on after less than 2 months of careful use. I happily walked into a carlcare office armed with everything I could find about my phone so I wouldn't falter in any terms and conditions. After struggling to find the hidden office, I saw a crowd of customers cramped up in a tiny room waiting for their turn. Standing for about one hour after hours of searching for this office was far from what I bargained for. I was patient though. I gave them my phone and I was told to come back in two weeks time. Two weeks came and passed and I even gave them a couple of days more to avoid excuses. The excuses are exactly what I got. I was told to return the next week coz my fone was sent to Lagos blah blah blah. I still obliged. Till date I haven't collected my phone (2months) because my phone hasn't thought it wise to return from it's Lagos trip. I checked it, the amount I have wasted embarking on this fruitless weekly voyage added to the original price of my techno would get me a clean, fairly used s3. My brother has a similar experience, after I convinced him to get on the techno platform he got the phantom a+. After less than two weeks the phone started acting up. Restarting and sometimes going completely off on it's own. Now I take the slack for it because I was the one who convinced him to get the phone.
This piece is coming from my HTC phone which I got for far less (fairly used) and gives me way more than my thecno. Here's my advice, if you want to get an android phone, don't go for a cheap China phone, you'll still pay the original cost of a good one way or the other and still end up with your crap. Wise up, save a little more and save yourself from disappointments!
my dear that's bad luck for you people, for me Tecno is the best android for now. I started using tecno android phone since 2012 without any faults, so if tecno phone didn't favour ur family you people can gently go for other products without talking rubbish

9 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Nocojp: 4:43pm On Jan 01, 2014
@superSsam_:
I was thrilled when I just got my N7, shey its the techno peeps have been yammering about. It was all rosy until the phone just refused to power on after less than 2 months of careful use. I happily walked into a carlcare office armed with everything I could find about my phone so I wouldn't falter in any terms and conditions. After struggling to find the hidden office, I saw a crowd of customers cramped up in a tiny room waiting for their turn. Standing for about one hour after hours of searching for this office was far from what I bargained for. I was patient though. I gave them my phone and I was told to come back in two weeks time. Two weeks came and passed and I even gave them a couple of days more to avoid excuses. The excuses are exactly what I got. I was told to return the next week coz my fone was sent to Lagos blah blah blah. I still obliged. Till date I haven't collected my phone (2months) because my phone hasn't thought it wise to return from it's Lagos trip. I checked it, the amount I have wasted embarking on this fruitless weekly voyage added to the original price of my techno would get me a clean, fairly used s3. My brother has a similar experience, after I convinced him to get on the techno platform he got the phantom a+. After less than two weeks the phone started acting up. Restarting and sometimes going completely off on it's own. Now I take the slack for it because I was the one who convinced him to get the phone.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by zizky(m): 4:57pm On Jan 01, 2014
oskaroni:
oga na lie o,i Bought my n3 2012,so i guess its 2012 nt 2013,get ya facts right b4 posting
Yes. Tecno released their first android in 2012. Starting with T1 then T3 then N3...
@OP. Sorry but u just had bad luck in purchasing a faulty device. I av been using Tecno products since 2007, and I can still show u 80% of phones I used, still working! Now using an M5 (my 4th android from Tecno) without complaints.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
@superSsam_:
i have made a vow never in my life would i use any china product made for Africa and middle east because it's substandard exept their product made for western world

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by 4peace(m): 5:07pm On Jan 01, 2014
zizky: Yes. Tecno released their first android in 2012. Starting with T1 then N3...
@OP. Sorry but u just had bad luck in purchasing a faulty device. I av been using Tecno products since 2007, and I can still show u 80% of phones I used, still working! Now using an M5 (my 4th android from Techno) without complaints.
Thank you
I'm about to type that cos of misinformation above.

Some peeps still think n3 is their first android phone.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by zizky(m): 5:17pm On Jan 01, 2014
4peace:
Thank you
I'm about to type that cos of misinformation above.

Some peeps still think n3 is their first android phone.
Thanks. Pls my post has been modified.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by krugar07(m): 5:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
aladenimi: i have made a vow never in my life would i use any china product made for Africa and middle east because it's substandard exept their product made for western world
true...most oems have production plants in china that produce at cheaper/lower standard and ship to Africa. check all phones/electronics u buy here, its "made in china". the galaxy tab 2 i bought from europe is made in vietnam and its more superior(in quality) to the made in china ones i see everywhere here. little tip here is no "uk used phone/electronic" has made in china written on it.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by 4peace(m): 5:30pm On Jan 01, 2014
slimjoe_25: I'm sure u're only making a false acquisition. Guess u've been paid by some marketers. If u want to blame d carl care, Its nothing to do with d phone. The person u meet may not be a reliable person. All product has its problem, u were just unlucky. Techno is one of d best phones arround. I've been using the product long b4 d Android version came to d country. Believed me. I still av d one I bought in 2008 working well and d battery still functioning normal till this moment.

False accusation smh
Go to various carlcare and check
The op has access to disseminate his issues but what about hundreds who don't have,know or care.

N3 came with 256mb ram but tecno started their promo by giving them 512mb ram.I bought mine twice,first one has fault take it to Carl care said it was a fake after more than 4wks with them.
I threw into sea.Bought another one with 512ram rocky with it until similar problem started,when I was tired going to their Carl care at Ikeja, I forgot the phone there bought another phone.

It is my opinion not to open thread for it and just move on with my life but if op decided to do otherwise pls let him entitled to his own opinion.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 01, 2014
Tecno haters....... No amount of weapon fashion against tecno sha ever prosper!! **i dey kampe wit my tecno q1** #teamtecno cheesy
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Mattex001(m): 6:01pm On Jan 01, 2014
Nocojp:
my dear that's bad luck for you people, for me Tecno is the best android for now. I started using tecno android phone since 2012 without any faults, so if tecno phone didn't favour ur family you people can gently go for other products without talking rubbish
Oga why the Hate n harshness? An Android techie would never make Such statement! How can U say Techno/ tecno is the best Android Smart phone?? U must be dreaming! Honestly

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by superSsam(m): 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2014
I only posted my experience, I was the one who had to stay more than 4 weeks without a smartphone. I lost a lot. I was a more staunch fan of tecno, I even convinced people to go for the phone. No one has mentioned my brother's phantom a+ which he has almost packed up because he doesn't have time to go to the Carl care office for his time and his phone to be wasted. I repeat, I was a very loyal tecno supporter like some of yall here until I tried something better, a wise man once said : the monkey would never believe that strawberries are sweeter than bananas!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Hackers Have Easy Access To Our Phones / 5 Unmistakable Signs You Are A Phone Addict... / Samsung Galaxy A33 Vs Samsung A23 Vs Samsung A32 Camera Comparison (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.