Stats: 3,146,490 members, 7,793,492 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders (1018 Views)

An Open Appreciation Letter To Mr Seun, Moderators And Fellow Members / Seun - Seun Osewa, Nairaland Forum Website Administrator (2) (3) (4)

An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders by Davo93(m): 12:44pm On Jan 01, 2014
I wish you all a happy new year 2014. I pray God in his infinite mercy will make this year a better one for us. I also pray that our hopes and aspirations will turn to reality this year by God's grace. I want to believe that the year started on a worthy note for everyone of us?

As part of our(Nairalanders) little efforts at making Nairaland a better place, we collectively requested the feature of a Deactivation Button some months ago. After so many avoidable rigmarolling, the Admin of this lovely forum implemented this necessary feature. You will also arguably agree with me that this feature has been worth it. I sincerely thank all those that rose to support the cause then. Bien fiat!

An attribute of a progressive and a well wisher is that such person never gets tired of pursuing something good. I mean, any effort at making such person's haven a better one is always vehemently protagonised by him/her.

Another e-protest? NO!

"Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2013 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved." The quoted attest to the incontestable fact that this forum belongs to a man and not groups of people. Hence, it is no offence in any way if most moves by the owner of this forum is geared towards making reasonable profits at the expense of some 'not too bothering ideas'.

However, in any conglomerate, association or forum that wishes to thrive, abound or maintain its hard-earned lead, it is of utmost importance that decisions, actions and features respectively that will make its members to stay happily together should be implemented.

It is no longer a rumour but a verified truth that Mr Seun Osewa has decreed that no topic about contests, competitions or debates here should grace the front page of this lovely forum any longer. This decree has led to no creation of awareness, information and publicity for those value-adding events.

I would not know if such decree was been considered for deliberation among the moderators and unanimously agreed to promulgate this 'No front page' law but I want to state that I know without mincing words that this is not the best for Nairalanders.

These events you have disallowed Nairalanders from getting to know about are life impacting if you ask me. How? The Nairaland Educational Debate in the Education Section opened a new chapter in my own personal life and spurred me to realize I have a hidden potential in me. Come to think of this, if I had not known about the debate, who knows maybe I would have left this vibrant stage of my life without realizing this. Thanks to some peeps here that I am following through whom I got to know about the debate.

To make sure I don't give boredom a chance to breed on this letter, I will stop here but I want the Admin, Moderators and True Members of this great community to please ponder on this and share their opinion on this nice idea. It will be a nice development if Mr Seun Osewa and his moderators can please reconsider this at the interest of Nairalanders. Please don't let us derail this thread or turn it to a war/insult zone.

Personally, I would have preferred to write this letter and forward it to Mr Seun but due to many letters that some Nairalanders have alledgedly forwarded to him in the past through e-mail and yet unattended to, perhaps due to too many mails he receives, so I decided to make this an open discussion.

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders by AbuMikey(m): 12:54pm On Jan 01, 2014

You've said well Davo93, our very own Femi Falana of Nairaland.

The educational debate is something most NLders don't know about, but still, the debate is a success, atleast to the point where we've gotten to now.

Through this debate,We've seen excellent debaters like Epaul and Mr.OP » Davo.

The judges are doing very well, dedicating their time to help in judging the debaters, as well as the coordinators who are all working round the clock to see this debate get to its peak, which is crowning the best debating school.

That been said, Mr. Seun Osewa, we do humbly request for frontpage spots for the remaining debates, at least, I'm very much sure, it would drive more traffic to Your forum, even if You are of the negative that it does not drive traffic.

Happy New Year Y'all cheesy

www.nairaland.com/1576405/dubai-puts-record-setting-fireworks-show#1576405

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders by olorunthobby(f): 12:57pm On Jan 01, 2014
embarassed
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 01, 2014
spot on bro.. happy new year

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders by Danhumprey: 1:08pm On Jan 01, 2014
I agree with what you said. But when you got to the part where that decree was said to have been made,I didn't get something correct. Personally,I'm aware of the e-debate going on in the Education section. I'm sure that was the brainchild of Fynestboi(I maybe wrong though) and I support it,because it is adding more values and ideas to us,most especially we who are students. And I wish the debates should be allowed to continue,and actually be given Frontpage attention. But the part I don't support is the e-contests(Mr and Mrs Nairaland). Seriously,of what values are they to a greater percentage of Nairaland?
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders by WorldGreatest1(m): 1:52pm On Jan 01, 2014
Booked.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders by Rummenigge(m): 1:52pm On Jan 01, 2014
@davo93, well written. Abeg wetin b d latest abt dat bursary stuff?
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
Ok! Waiting for Seun's response, Davos you can also forward your letter to the complaint thread.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders by Davo93(m): 3:07pm On Jan 01, 2014
Danhumprey: I agree with what you said. But when you got to the part where that decree was said to have been made,I didn't get something correct. Personally,I'm aware of the e-debate going on in the Education section. I'm sure that was the brainchild of Fynestboi(I maybe wrong though) and I support it,because it is adding more values and ideas to us,most especially we who are students. And I wish the debates should be allowed to continue,and actually be given Frontpage attention. But the part I don't support is the e-contests(Mr and Mrs Nairaland). Seriously,of what values are they to a greater percentage of Nairaland?
What I was insinuating was that the Admin and Moderators decided to stop featuring those contests on the front page thereby killing the awareness.

As regards the Mr &Mrs Nairaland contest, well, another man's food they say is another man's poison. What I like, you may not like and vice versa. I want to believe the contest has its own fans and followers, so they can really say what value it impacts.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders by Davo93(m): 3:09pm On Jan 01, 2014
Rummenigge: @davo93, well written. Abeg wetin b d latest abt dat bursary stuff?
Like I told you once, some students were alledgedly paid before Christmas but majority are yet to receive theirs. Hopefully, before this week runs out or early next week, something good should pop up. smiley
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders by Davo93(m): 3:14pm On Jan 01, 2014
Buzzonix: Ok! Waiting for Seun's response, Davo you can also forward your letter to the complaint thread.
Do you think that will still be necessary? I noticed one of the able moderators of the General Section, r231 was viewing the thread some minutes ago. So I believe he is aware.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders by Oluwatola5(f): 5:53pm On Jan 01, 2014
Hmmm.......well lets hear from the boss himself in person of Seun Osewa about how he feels about this or him giving it a thought. Perhaps he sees them as a source of distraction when on fp or something, but personally, i think e-debates deserve to be on fp, not just a thing that just a few people are aware of. It should be made known to a wide no of people if not all.

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders by Rummenigge(m): 6:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
Davo93: Like I told you once, some students were alledgedly paid before Christmas but majority are yet to receive theirs. Hopefully, before this week runs out or early next week, something good should pop up. smiley
Yes boss!
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders by Fynestboi: 11:39am On Jan 03, 2014
Hmmmm just seeing this.... sad sad
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders by honeydear(f): 12:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
I totally agree

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa, Nairaland Moderators And Fellow Nairalanders by Davo93(m): 2:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
Fynestboi: Hmmmm just seeing this.... sad sad
So what do you think Fynestboi?

PHOTOS: Python Swallows Antelope Then Spews Out Its Dead Body / A 9-year-old Dubbed' Most Beautiful Girl In The World. / Critical Thinking: Is This Cat Going Upstairs Or Downstairs? (photo)