Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss (11631 Views)

Man Who Accusd Ex EFCC Chief Of Diverting 1trn Recoverd Assets Sentenced To 3yrs / Nigerian Army Demotes Enitan Ransome-Kuti, Late Fela’s Nephew / Letter To President Buhari Warns Against EFCC Boss Lamorde And Senator Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by IncaGold(m): 11:04am On Aug 06, 2008
The  NEWLY CONSTITUTED Police Service Commission, reverse the former EFCC helmsman promotion from AIG (Assist. Insp. General) back to DCP (Deputy Commissioner of Police) citing irregularities and non-compliance with due process on his appointment.

This action is just shameful, i believe Ribadu has done well for Nigeria, I pray this attempt to humiliate the man will fail.
Our detractors (the looters) I guess will be smiling now.

Source: http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=118935
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by MrCrackles(m): 11:07am On Aug 06, 2008
When would the humiliation on Ribadu cease for God's sake?!
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by IncaGold(m): 11:20am On Aug 06, 2008
My brother, i'm still trying to get over it. The man (Ribadu) did well and meant well for Nigeria, although i must admit that he was a bit arrogant but i guess that was needed considering the battles he was fighting.

I dont know where Nigeria is headed!
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by abdurrazaq(m): 11:22am On Aug 06, 2008
Isn't the Nigeria Police responsible for Ribadu's promotion? I think Nuhu Ribadu should just resign and save himself from further humiliation undecided
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by McKren(m): 11:23am On Aug 06, 2008
I dont pity for Ribadu, he did what was right and will remain the people's hero

I pity for the other 139 others who were taken down merely because some people wanted to take down Ribadu.

President Yar'adua has no dignity.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by abdurrazaq(m): 11:27am On Aug 06, 2008
Can you imagine a dead man being demoted just to demote Ribadu? Almost everybody knows that the targeted in this demotion exercise is Ribadu.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by IncaGold(m): 11:28am On Aug 06, 2008
Seriously, this humiliation is just too much! Instead of giving him national merit award, some evil people are hell bent on smearing his name. They wont succeed in JESUS name. They wont ni oruko Jesu (Amin)! Insha Allah
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by IncaGold(m): 11:31am On Aug 06, 2008
I dont know how far back the PSC went in reviewing promotion cases. I suggest they look into all cases as far back as 20years. Meanwhile, is their decision binding? Can Ribadu appeal? or Can Yar'dua overrule it? Someone should pls say something.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by McKren(m): 11:36am On Aug 06, 2008
can Yaradua overule what??

I guess u dont understand that Yaradua should be held responsible for Ribadu's demotion.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by IncaGold(m): 11:45am On Aug 06, 2008
I tire for Nigeria. Such injustice! Can Ribadu go to court to upturn the decision?
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by lucabrasi(m): 11:51am On Aug 06, 2008
pls lets not make a big deal out of this,from what i recollect ribadu got a double promotion which he was not qualified for during the obj time by virture of his relationship with the presidency and being the efcc boss
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by abdurrazaq(m): 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2008
@lucabrasi. Who promoted him without following due process? Is it OBJ? He couldn't have promoted himself undecided
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by lucabrasi(m): 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2008
abdurrazaq:

@lucabrasi. Who promoted him without following due process? Is it OBJ? He couldn't have promoted himself undecided
obj did true,but im saying maybe what they are doing now is actually adjusting everything back to the way it should be normally
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by tundysho(m): 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2008
Even though i know Ribadu was promoted by favour from OBJ,the best he can do now is just to resign from the nigerian police,and put all those lizard heads to shame,He has no business being there any longer and in case he is reading this, I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT WE ALL LOVE YOU AND BEFORE LONG U LL RECIEVE A FAR BETTER AND SECURE JOB WITH THE UN.Was it not even a legitimate govt that promoted him in the first place even though he got favour from OBJ, This our country is finished
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by ssRhino: 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2008
Well, nigerians has always been users, uses you and dump you when you are no more of use, so Ribadu is just the next checkmate on the chess board.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2008
Ribadu was used by OBJ as his attack dog against perceived enemies,so i guess he deserves what he is getting, afterall why did'nt he probe "Baba"no pity for him at alllllllll! shocked
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by ssRhino: 1:49pm On Aug 06, 2008
ugogal:

Ribadu was used by OBJ as his attack dog against perceived enemies,so i guess he deserves what he is getting, afterall why did'nt he probe "Baba"no pity for him at alllllllll! shocked

I hate that word Baba, baby knows how many pikin him get and pikin know him papa.
They shd have put that fool in prison, and let him die there.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by KunleOshob(m): 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2008
@ topic
what a shame i really feel pity for Nigeria now that we have a mumu as president, i only wish that OBJ had been allowed to do a third term, we would have consolidated all the numerous achievements his administration embarked upon, now this mumu president is drawing us back ward.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by airegin: 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2008
Isn’t that what they want in the first place? I guess the case that contest Waziri’s nomination as EFCC chairman is still in court. The only way to fully throw the case out is if they can provide evidence that oppose / flaws Ribadu’s right to occupy the position in the first place. The idea is to frustrate the man’s life so that he will have no option but to quit and for the case in court to sort itself out automatically.

I think the man should continue with the fight. Based on their argument, they saying if we give high school kid double promotion based on his past performance (proven academics) …and this kid shows he’s capable of excelling brilliantly in his/her new position. Now, because this kid’s ability to perform threatening those elders he met in class. Does that mean we should demote him because of that? I think this is a fight that is worth fighting for, why chicken out. The man said in one of his speech, he’ll die fighting corruption. Well, here is his chance to prove he’s not all words.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by airegin: 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2008
The man is already a hero in my book regardless of the outcome of this situation.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by IncaGold(m): 1:58pm On Aug 06, 2008
To Ribadu,
The darkest hours are before dawn, do not give up. I love you so much. Aluta continua,
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by securi: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2008
IncaGold:

I don't know how far back the PSC went in reviewing promotion cases. I suggest they look into all cases as far back as 20years. Meanwhile, is their decision binding? Can Ribadu appeal? or Can Yar'dua overrule it? Someone should please say something.

Ribadu cannot win even if he appealled simply because due process was not followed by Obj when he gave him double promotion.
This is similar to many contracts awards, land allocation and oil block allocations during his 8 year regime, they can all be revoked if confirmed that due process was not followed.

The young man is just unfortunate, he was used to achieve Obj's selfish aims and now he's suffering alone while the 'big farmer' is enjoying life in his hilltop mansion.

Na so life be sa.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by davidif: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2008
The Nigerian judiciary is known for following legal exactitudes; they follow the law as it is written in the rule book, they forget that the law should be adjusted based on the circumstances and every situation is unique that's why the law needs to be constantly ammended. This is one of the reasons why our public officials cannot stand trial for there misbehaviour in office, simply because the constitution simply says that they are immuned from prosecution. This law is in the US constitution to prevent frivolous lawsuits and NOT CORRUPTION CHARGES. The US judiciary understands what the Nigerian judiciary does not: THAT THERE IS AN EXCEPTION FOR EVERY RULE.

They want to demote this guy simply because his double promotion by OBJ was not by the book, therefore it was not done in due process, WHAT A SHAME.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by Ibime(m): 2:09pm On Aug 06, 2008
God bless Ribadu. Don't worry, he once said that they offered him a job in the UN. I am sure they will offere him another job again.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2008
I guess u don't understand that Yaradua should be held responsible for Ribadu's demotion

Again, McKren, you do not get it.
Yar'Adua has done what is right by getting rid of Ribadu.

There was not need to fight over left over; the right thing to do was to immediately discard the mess OBJ left behind.

If Ribadu was still in-charge, Ehindero would still be walking around beating his chest as the man, his sister wouldn't have been demoted (as she was also promoted illegally), Bode George would still be sitting pretty, Akala would still be stealing 1 Billion every 11 months as a governor and many many more.

Ribadu played himself.
Yar'Adua has done well.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by idupaul: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2008
What is mr yar adua up to?
me no understand again
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by spikedcylinder: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2008
Can he not just resign from public service and save his name and face?
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by eminemkayc: 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2008
I DON'T THINK NUHU WAS VICTIMIZED IN THE PROCESS OR WAS SOME SORT OF SCAPEGOAT BECAUSE OF HIS PICK ON OBDURATE POLITICIANS!! I SEE IT AS PROBABLY A 'DUE PROCESS' OCCURRENCE undecided undecided undecided ! TAKE HEART NUHU, BABA'S HEINOUS DAYS ARE OVER smiley smiley smiley!  
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by IncaGold(m): 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2008
i'm still speechless! cant believe what's going on. THIS IS PURE VENDATTA. VENDATTA in its PUREST FORM
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by ssRhino: 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2008
But Musa YarAdua has never been a fan of Nuhu.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by jeebeewell: 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2008
I really feel for him, cry
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by securi: 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2008
In life you cannot win all the time.You win some and loose some. If I'm in his shoes, I will resign and look for appointment outside Nigeria.He is well trained and an asset anyday anytime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Federal Government Unveils Its Sexual Offenders Register / Orlu Attack,nigeria Army Trying To Hide In Old Woman's Pot Of Soup.photos. / HARDSHIP: What Is The Situation Of Things In Your Area.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.