Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

The Newness Of Life (A New Year Poem) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Newness Of Life (A New Year Poem) (691 Views)

The Greatest Mistake I Made In My Life....a True Story / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) / The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Newness Of Life (A New Year Poem) by larryfreedom(m): 1:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
New is the year
New are the wares
New are the resolutions
Likewise the aspirations
New is the spirit
Strange to retreat
New is the vibrancy
A force of potency.

Life offers newness
To wear out oldness
Oldness that bores my heart
Newness that gladdens my heart
Be merry, new is the life
It holds no place for strife.

The desire for change
Has no definite range
Time to change ways
Rays of hope
Help you cope.

A blissful and prosperous year to you all.
~ Written by: Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom (Excerpt From "My First Poetry Book"wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Call For Entries - Wazobia Women Writers Journal (monthly) / Chronicles Of Chikwado / The Red Brick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.