Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,474 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:02 PM

Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (33937 Views)

Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes / Federal Government Is Not Treating Igbo People Right - Yerima / Democracy Or Which System Of Government Is Practice In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 02, 2014
Mr.Fashola is miles ahead of looters like Uduaghan,Akpabio of pdp,with their stupendous oil allocations.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by agabaI23(m): 11:33pm On Jan 02, 2014
Yomieluv: How do you expect a governor to fix the rot of many years of neglect,if other governors had been performing,fasola's input would have been felt,so don't expect miracle to happen too soon.
Hope you will extend the same reasoning to GEJ who has not even been in office up to half of Fashiolas years. If you don't expect Fashiola to fix a state of 21 m in 7 years, You shouldnt GEJ to fix a nation of 170 m in 3 years. Lagos state is just one of 36 states of the Federation.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by jmaine: 11:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
agabaI23: Hope you will extend the same reasoning to GEJ who has not even been in office up to half of Fashiolas years. If you don't expect Fashiola to fix a state 21 m in 7 years, You shouldnt GEJ to fix a nation 170 m in 3 years. Lagos state is just one of 36 states of the Federation.

Nice one grin. . . . .You dey mind them . . . . cool
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by tomakint: 12:09am On Jan 03, 2014
Yomieluv: How do you expect a governor to fix the rot of many years of neglect,if other governors had been performing,fasola's input would have been felt,so don't expect miracle to happen too soon.
I didn't mean to digress from this rich thread but just to suggest that if it were Jonathan, the rot must be fixed immediately but becos it is Fashola's (Mr Eko o ni baje o) turn he should be excused and perhaps given more time undecided what a logic!
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by agabaI23(m): 12:28am On Jan 03, 2014
pascyj: Mr.Fashola is miles ahead of looters like Uduaghan,Akpabio of pdp,with their stupendous oil allocations.
I bet you would've included Amaechi If he had Not defected to APC. If Akpabio changes position now, he will become a saint overnight.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by agabaI23(m): 1:08am On Jan 03, 2014
jmaine:

Nice one grin. . . . .You dey mind them . . . . cool
Abi ooo
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by bankyman(m): 1:11am On Jan 03, 2014
I see a lot of people here trying to prove that the lasg is not performing..... its your opinion and your entitlement. What in the name of God are u still doing in lagos? For those of you outside lagos bother not about lagos and concentrate your criticsm at the government of your residual state for lagos is making life easy for your people - more people are migrating to lagos and making fashola's brilliant work a mess and your state have less people to deal with. Those of you in lagos and blaming the govt listen, in the law of equivalent exchange, you must give as much as you expect, so what have you done for the mediocre govt as you labelled it.
Have you paid taxes?
Did you help prevent or not take part in theft or vandalisation of public utilities?
Have you done anything as a responsible social citizen for the betterment of the state?
Etc

Yet you all can complain that the govt is doing nothing, must the govt do all? They created drainages and all u can do is to block it and complain abt the govt, roads una spoil am and complain, illegal places you lived and slummed it and yet complain of housing issues, when he cleared or tried clearing you labelled him as devlish and still complained this slums exist..... what exactly do u want? He tolled lekki and suspension bridge you said he is anti poor, na poor people plenty pass for lekki or ikoyi? All this educated illiterates are the major problem, they dont understand ideologies and woukd think they know what is right or wrong and come online to spew spew rubbish.

Really you anti lagos guys would remain blind and ignorant or just let your hate for better lagos consume you.....I just pity you'll
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by meforyou1(m): 1:26am On Jan 03, 2014
agabaI23: Hope you will extend the same reasoning to GEJ who has not even been in office up to half of Fashiolas years. If you don't expect Fashiola to fix a state of 21 m in 7 years, You shouldnt GEJ to fix a nation of 170 m in 3 years. Lagos state is just one of 36 states of the Federation.
lagos is not up to 10 million. Most of the people they call lagosians actually live in ogun state. And naija is almost 200 million.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 2:56am On Jan 03, 2014
tomakint:
I didn't mean to digress from this rich thread but just to suggest that if it were Jonathan, the rot must be fixed immediately but becos it is Fashola's (Mr Eko o ni baje o) turn he should be excused and perhaps given more time undecided what a logic!
to either party,Fasola,and GEJ,the same logic applies here,I always tell people to take it easy on GEJ cos the president is saddle with problems as a result o neglect of yesteryear..so either for GEJ,or Fasola,Nigerian shouldn't expect miracle.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by deb(m): 4:51am On Jan 03, 2014
incrediblestev: Anyone that takes the very sentimental and exaggerated figures being bandied by shymex is not smart at all. From the way he keeps making ignorant claims in his posts, it is obvious the guy does not even live in the said Lagos.

Lagos population is not anywhere close to 20million people, no intelligent person will make such a preposterous claim just prove his point.

And it can not be denied that there is large scale corruption going on in LSG, fashola is trying but he is no saint or extraordinary.

There are over 4million houses built in Lagos. And except we have only 1person living within each house, no spouse & children; no tenants & homeless people, then the population of lagos is not up to 20million.

Only an iddiot will believe the political figure our fraudulent govt ascribed to Lagos to short-change the state. Even the international bodies disagree wiith the fraudulent figure as they recognise lagos as one of the fastest populated city in the world.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by incrediblestev: 8:28am On Jan 03, 2014
If we were to go by number of residential buildings, we can say thesame for places like Anambra states with over 2 million residential 4 storeys not to talk of the other varients, should we now conclude and say Anambra has a population of 10-15million people?

You argue as if every house in Lagos is for residential purpose, abeg, you guys should calm down with the ridiculous claims of Lagos having a population of 20 million.

People should not forget that because the landmass of Lagos is very small compared to the population it has, every part of Lagos will densely populated giving a somewhat exaggerated impression of figures. Spread thesame population in a state like cross river or Niger state or Kano, you will get a different impression.

Apart from wild and unfounded guesses, there is hardly any respectable authority that makes such preposterous claims, let's be moderate with our assumptions and guesses so we can be taken seriously, I live and work in Lagos too

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by mapet: 10:14am On Jan 03, 2014
I have been on 2 weeks vacation. I have gone round pretty much of Lagos, safe for places like Epe and Badagry. I will do a piece on some of the things I've seen.

In reaction to the OP, it is either you're less informed, Lazy or laying ascertions which are not true.

1. Very poorly planned Urban Center - this is the flaw of many years and it simply should some reasoning deficit to lay it at Fashola's doorsteps. Poor Urban center planning had always been our a national malaise. Even El-Rufai's stint in sanitizing Abuja is Urban Center planning is still receiving flaks from people that are ignorant and simply unwilling to embrase change. When Fashola's government pulls down places that are not in conformance with the urban centre planning,(Shanties, Market, Buidings on drainages etc) is it not the same you lots that cry that he's against the poor? or the bruhaha our Igbo folks threw up here when he almost shot down Ladipo for good comes to mind. My submission is simply that the refocussing Lagos Urban Center planning will take a longer time, come with its price and we should be ready to pay. But if you are well informed you will know that Fashola's government had just concluded a 10year Urban Center planning for Lagos, a project led by Ben Akabueze. This is even a platform for the next government to build on.

2. Lack of cheap mortage or low-cost housing. - You almost lost me here, as your arguement are at best not coherent. Are you advocating for slums or cheap mortgage? First off is that except we want to be economical with the truth, Jakande's scheme, even if replicated today, at an extrapolation of inflation rates and others, will still not come as cheap as many of you think. Secondly a mortgage scheme of any sort will only be assessible to gainfully employed people whose data is somewhat captured by the state and registered tax-payers. Thirdly, the mortgage can only be accessed by those in the income bracket that can afford it. When you put all these together, then you need to rethink your assumption of cheap mortgage or low-cost housing. Educate me? what in your opinion should be defined as cheap and low cost? Lagos state government have put in place a scheme. I dont think you know the details at all?

For me I'd rather government continue to partner with the private investors that can actually run the mortgage scheme and let's not fool ourselves. That man on the street is probably better off buy a modest land in Mowe, Ibafo, Ikorodu, Igbogbo etc, putting a small apartment that will not cost more than 2.5m cummulative and he'll build it over 3years, than getting locked in a mortgage scheme, that his irregular income cannot sustain, and will lock him in for a longer period.

3. Roads still poor. - This is another fallacy and we need to put things in proper perspective. Roads are massively being built and rebuilt. A lot more thoughts are going into roads and an outsider like me can see. We definitely cannot land all the road projects in a day. We have a heavy vehicular (especially heavy trucks) presence in Lagos more than any other states. It is imperative to take all the major and feeder roads out of the equation and that is what i see being done. I was in Surulere - Adeniran Ogunsaya, Bode Thomas, Aguda Axis, Eric Moore, I went to Ikorodu - Mile12 to Ikorodu round about, Ibeshe, Ipakodo and inner roads; I was in Ikeja - GRA roads and drainages, Mile 12 - Ajelogo axis, Inner Mile 12 road with a bridge. I was in Iddo - Yaba to Iddo, lots more many of these areas either have new roads or roads heavily under construction. I don't need him to do all the roads in Lagos in his time. I need him to consistently fix the ones we have and open up new ones.

4. State schools still in bad shape. - It depends on what you mean "in bad shape". I have my opinions too but the hydra-headed monster in the education sector is not this simple. What did I notice in the schools I visited? Mostly hade at least a block or two recently added by Lagos state government. I think this is not enough, but it's something.....I think we need an education summit to relook the Education sector in Lagos. What I saw during my vacation tells me we need to do a whole lot more about the teaching of the average Lagos Student.

5. Under-performing waste management - Don't just go there...... tell me which state or federal government that has the Waste Management has robust and organized as Lagos State? this even deserves no need for me to waste time with you on.......keep sweeping ignorance under the carpet if you like

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ketoprofen(m): 10:27am On Jan 03, 2014
rozayx5:

what is the monthly IGR of Lagos and where does it go?

exactly, they keep on shouting Igr this and that, and at the end of the day, u won't see the results.
Small Lagos that has many parts covered with water can't even boast of all round good roads, water supply, sanitation; the good schools there are private, the yorubas keep enrolling into underpaid political touts, Yoruba beggars everywhere
Where is the evidence of the high igr?
Tinubu keeps using the igr to open his own hotels and resorts.
Fashola uses them to buy bullet proof vehicles and host every 100 days in office.
The rest goes on media propaganda.

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ketoprofen(m): 10:43am On Jan 03, 2014
mapet: I have been on 2 weeks vacation. I have gone round pretty much of Lagos, safe for places like Epe and Badagry. I will do a piece on some of the things I've seen.

In reaction to the OP, it is either you're less informed, Lazy or laying ascertions which are not true.

1. Very poorly planned Urban Center - this is the flaw of many years and it simply should some reasoning deficit to lay it at Fashola's doorsteps. Poor Urban center planning had always been our a national malaise. Even El-Rufai's stint in sanitizing Abuja is Urban Center planning is still receiving flaks from people that are ignorant and simply unwilling to embrase change. When Fashola's government pulls down places that are not in conformance with the urban centre planning,(Shanties, Market, Buidings on drainages etc) is it not the same you lots that cry that he's against the poor? or the bruhaha our Igbo folks threw up here when he almost shot down Ladipo for good comes to mind. My submission is simply that the refocussing Lagos Urban Center planning will take a longer time, come with its price and we should be ready to pay. But if you are well informed you will know that Fashola's government had just concluded a 10year Urban Center planning for Lagos, a project led by Ben Akabueze. This is even a platform for the next government to build on.

2. Lack of cheap mortage or low-cost housing. - You almost lost me here, as your arguement are at best not coherent. Are you advocating for slums or cheap mortgage? First off is that except we want to be economical with the truth, Jakande's scheme, even if replicated today, at an extrapolation of inflation rates and others, will still not come as cheap as many of you think. Secondly a mortgage scheme of any sort will only be assessible to gainfully employed people whose data is somewhat captured by the state and registered tax-payers. Thirdly, the mortgage can only be accessed by those in the income bracket that can afford it. When you put all these together, then you need to rethink your assumption of cheap mortgage or low-cost housing. Educate me? what in your opinion should be defined as cheap and low cost? Lagos state government have put in place a scheme. I dont think you know the details at all?

For me I'd rather government continue to partner with the private investors that can actually run the mortgage scheme and let's not fool ourselves. That man on the street is probably better off buy a modest land in Mowe, Ibafo, Ikorodu, Igbogbo etc, putting a small apartment that will not cost more than 2.5m cummulative and he'll build it over 3years, than getting locked in a mortgage scheme, that his irregular income cannot sustain, and will lock him in for a longer period.

3. Roads still poor. - This is another fallacy and we need to put things in proper perspective. Roads are massively being built and rebuilt. A lot more thoughts are going into roads and an outsider like me can see. We definitely cannot land all the road projects in a day. We have a heavy vehicular (especially heavy trucks) presence in Lagos more than any other states. It is imperative to take all the major and feeder roads out of the equation and that is what i see being done. I was in Surulere - Adeniran Ogunsaya, Bode Thomas, Aguda Axis, Eric Moore, I went to Ikorodu - Mile12 to Ikorodu round about, Ibeshe, Ipakodo and inner roads; I was in Ikeja - GRA roads and drainages, Mile 12 - Ajelogo axis, Inner Mile 12 road with a bridge. I was in Iddo - Yaba to Iddo, lots more many of these areas either have new roads or roads heavily under construction. I don't need him to do all the roads in Lagos in his time. I need him to consistently fix the ones we have and open up new ones.

4. State schools still in bad shape. - It depends on what you mean "in bad shape". I have my opinions too but the hydra-headed monster in the education sector is not this simple. What did I notice in the schools I visited? Mostly hade at least a block or two recently added by Lagos state government. I think this is not enough, but it's something.....I think we need an education summit to relook the Education sector in Lagos. What I saw during my vacation tells me we need to do a whole lot more about the teaching of the average Lagos Student.

5. Under-performing waste management - Don't just go there...... tell me which state or federal government that has the Waste Management has robust and organized as Lagos State? this even deserves no need for me to waste time with you on.......keep sweeping ignorance under the carpet if you like

stop comparing Lagos to other states cos that will make it even more pathetic.
Lagos was a fg capital, it is small in size and boasts of a high igr from fg investments, foreigners and non indigenes in the state.
Comparing it to kebbi is irrational.
The worst is that propaganda against other states and ppl go on in that same state
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by tomakint: 11:10am On Jan 03, 2014
Yomieluv: to either party,Fasola,and GEJ,the same logic applies here,I always tell people to take it easy on GEJ cos the president is saddle with problems as a result o neglect of yesteryear..so either for GEJ,or Fasola,Nigerian shouldn't expect miracle.
Ok then, you are covered!
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by revolt(m): 11:43am On Jan 03, 2014
worst of all is the igr is people's sweat from tax not oil money. it's more satanic when they take from the poor then sponsor weddings in Dubai.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by mapet: 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
1. there was a verifiable census activity that was embarked upon by Lagos State government. It ran parallel to the Federal government recent cesus exercise with equal staffing and arrangements. That was where the over 4million housing figures came from. Please supply us the basis of over 2million buildings in Anambra with veritable facts. Else I'm tempted to belive as many do here you just went intellectually berserck just in desperation to argue.

2. The Census measured only residetial building, so the 4million+ is net of office complexes. O boy! we may need to audit somethings in you....

3. You should not also forget that by global demographics, population increases is not by land mass, but by other factors like proximity to internation waters and trade routes etc.....

4. I think you need to do simple search before needless assumptions

incrediblestev: If we were to go by number of residential buildings, we can say thesame for places like Anambra states with over 2 million residential 4 storeys not to talk of the other varients, should we now conclude and say Anambra has a population of 10-15million people?

You argue as if every house in Lagos is for residential purpose, abeg, you guys should calm down with the ridiculous claims of Lagos having a population of 20 million.

People should not forget that because the landmass of Lagos is very small compared to the population it has, every part of Lagos will densely populated giving a somewhat exaggerated impression of figures. Spread thesame population in a state like cross river or Niger state or Kano, you will get a different impression.

Apart from wild and unfounded guesses, there is hardly any respectable authority that makes such preposterous claims, let's be moderate with our assumptions and guesses so we can be taken seriously, I live and work in Lagos too
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by mapet: 1:38pm On Jan 03, 2014
Lagos was FG capital and so what Is Lagos current "rent" from Abuja same as other states? Is there any state that has the current Lagos populations...... you're simply irrational and you sound like dont even demonstrate the capacity to decipher the key issue
ketoprofen:

stop comparing Lagos to other states cos that will make it even more pathetic.
Lagos was a fg capital, it is small in size and boasts of a high igr from fg investments, foreigners and non indigenes in the state.
Comparing it to kebbi is irrational.
The worst is that propaganda against other states and ppl go on in that same state
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ketoprofen(m): 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2014
mapet: Lagos was FG capital and so what Is Lagos current "rent" from Abuja same as other states? Is there any state that has the current Lagos populations...... you're simply irrational and you sound like dont even demonstrate the capacity to decipher the key issue

Yes, as a former capital, it was built and equipped with infrastructures that attract populations and corporate bodies, embassies, high commissions, etc.
That's y it has much population.
And don't forget the British made it their base and put those companies there.
These are not fasholas doing.
What we are asking is what and how he and tunubu have spent Lagos allocations plus IGR.
With Lagos being small in size and previously developed by the fg, y are there no standard public sch, all round good roads, sanitation, etc.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by tensor77(m): 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2014
deb:

There are over 4million houses built in Lagos. And except we have only 1person living within each house, no spouse & children; no tenants & homeless people, then the population of lagos is not up to 20million.

Only an idiot will believe the political figure our fraudulent govt ascribed to Lagos to short-change the state. Even the international bodies disagree wiith the fraudulent figure as they recognise lagos as one of the fastest populated city in the world.
Where did you get your figures from. Anyone can come online and start mentioning millions. It is simply not true. By the way most of the population resides in the old Lagos Mainland and Lagos Island. The outlying areas of Badagry and Epe are sparsely populated. In other words the population density and settlement pattern is not uniform.
Simply put Lagos State does not have the modern infrastructure to maintain a population of 20 million. The true population is between 5 and 10 million
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by tensor77(m): 2:49pm On Jan 03, 2014
ketoprofen:
Yes, as a former capital, it was built and equipped with infrastructures that attract populations and corporate bodies, embassies, high commissions, etc.

To be fair its more than that. Most companies like to set up in Lagos because that is where the market is and that is where graduates come to look for work. Hence the number of banks , insurance companies legal and accounting firms situated in Lagos
The presence of a natural harbour makes it an ideal location for companies involved in the import/export business.
However the state of infrastructure is grossly inadequate to cope with demand for good transport water supply and disposal, sanitation and public security services.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ketoprofen(m): 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
tensor77:
To be fair its more than that. Most companies like to set up in Lagos because that is where the market is and that is where graduates come to look for work. Hence the number of banks , insurance companies legal and accounting firms situated in Lagos
The presence of a natural harbour makes it an ideal location for companies involved in the import/export business.
However the state of infrastructure is grossly inadequate to cope with demand for good transport water supply and disposal, sanitation and public security services.

But the igr covers all those tnz.
As offices open, they pay various taxes to the govt

Accountability is the issue here
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by revolt(m): 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
revolt: worst of all is the igr is people's sweat from tax not oil money. it's more satanic when they take from the poor then sponsor weddings in Dubai.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by incrediblestev: 9:36am On Jan 04, 2014
mapet: 1. there was a verifiable census activity that was embarked upon by Lagos State government. It ran parallel to the Federal government recent cesus exercise with equal staffing and arrangements. That was where the over 4million housing figures came from. Please supply us the basis of over 2million buildings in Anambra with veritable facts. Else I'm tempted to belive as many do here you just went intellectually berserck just in desperation to argue.

2. The Census measured only residetial building, so the 4million+ is net of office complexes. O boy! we may need to audit somethings in you....

3. You should not also forget that by global demographics, population increases is not by land mass, but by other factors like proximity to internation waters and trade routes etc.....

4. I think you need to do simple search before needless assumptions

You are yet to furnish us with a verifiable source to your own 20million claims of Lagos state population yet you question my random use of 2million houses in Anambra state, don't you see how hypocritical you sound?

And please get my argument right before bandying global demographics standards of population statistics, my argument is that an increasing population will be felt more in a small land space when compared to a larger one.

It is common sense that is even espoused in gas laws, when you take thesame figure and spread it in a much larger area like Calabar or Kano, you might come off with a different impression of thesame population, that is the reason why I was not too surprised when it was claimed in the last federal government census that Kano has a higher population than Lagos , though heavily flawed but it is an indicator as well.

Kano is heavily populated as well, probably more than Lagos but because most part of Lagos is dense as a result of its small landmass, one can make the mistake of thinking Lagos has a higher population than Kano..... Being heavily populated is very different from having a higher population.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by mapet: 2:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
This is another I'll informed assertion that has faulty basis. I think we need to state these infrastructures you guys so lazily brandied. ....

The bridges - Eko and 3MB, yes. Virtually all the high rise are sold out. The average lifespan of a road is less than 15years, factor that into the time capital was moved away from Lagos and you can imagine what is left of this so called Federal roads. The mile 12 to Ikorodu portion Ikorodu road is undergoing total rebuilding. Oshodi to Tin -Can consistently is a headache, Badagry express is being rebuilt, Lagos Abeokuta Expressway is another headache. .....So which infrastructure? Nutella building sold, ikoyi secretariat is at its relics. ...humor me....truth is we have gone past the Lagos as a former capital argument.

I avoid argument on Lagos IGC because many of you come short in even understanding that even the current IGR is inadequate for the quantum of work left.....and please leave me out of the Tinubu/Fasholas hate
ketoprofen:

These are not fasholas doing.
What we are asking is what and how he and tunubu have spent Lagos allocations plus IGR.
With Lagos being small in size and previously developed by the fg, y are there no standard public sch, all round good roads, sanitation, etc.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by mapet: 8:12am On Jan 07, 2014
1. Except you were still in your dipers, Lagos State conducted a state cencus during the era of Obasanjo. The Census ran on the same dates with the federal cencus, each Lagos resident was enumerated twice, 1 by the federal and the other by the state. Naturally the result will be annouced. Lagos State gave the scientific basis of the results which included headcounts, arial photomaps etc......

2. It is just a share waste of time for me to make you reason beyound your confort zone. Land mass is not a direct indicator of population in all cases. Check the records - Russia has the biggest landmass in the world, yet Nigeria's population is more than Russia's. Argentina, Austrialia, Kazakstan and Sudan are in the top ten in terms of landmass yet are farther down the pecking order on population. So your common sense espoused in some ridiculous gas laws is probably limited to your reasoning alone

3. Lagos has a far higher population than Kano. Kano is an arid region, accessibility to waters are far off........Lagos is globally acknowledge as one of the top 3 fastest growing cities in African and will be by 2025 onward. Population growth is one of the key indicators.

My brother you're simply arguing amiss in the face of glaring evidences. Whichever school you're currently in, you'd take time to study well enough than display ignorance here....
incrediblestev: You are yet to furnish us with a verifiable source to your own 20million claims of Lagos state population yet you question my random use of 2million houses in Anambra state, don't you see how hypocritical you sound?

And please get my argument right before bandying global demographics standards of population statistics, my argument is that an increasing population will be felt more in a small land space when compared to a larger one.

It is common sense that is even espoused in gas laws, when you take thesame figure and spread it in a much larger area like Calabar or Kano, you might come off with a different impression of thesame population, that is the reason why I was not too surprised when it was claimed in the last federal government census that Kano has a higher population than Lagos , though heavily flawed but it is an indicator as well.

Kano is heavily populated as well, probably more than Lagos but because most part of Lagos is dense as a result of its small landmass, one can make the mistake of thinking Lagos has a higher population than Kano..... Being heavily populated is very different from having a higher population.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by SangoCrusader: 9:34am On Jul 09, 2014
Fashola - Please be my president in 2015!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Wike: Something Will Soon Happen In PDP / 'I No Sabi Tinubu. Nah Only Peter Obi I Dey Hear - Fulani Herds Boy (Video) / Senator Ademola Adeleke To Be Docked 31 October For Exam Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.