Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

I Am Still Loyal To My Boss: Taraba Acting Governor Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Still Loyal To My Boss: Taraba Acting Governor Says (511 Views)

‘impeached’ Ondo State Deputy Governor Says He Is Still In Office / Supreme Court Orders Taraba Acting Governor Removed, Deputy Sworn In / PDP Affirms Garba Umar As Taraba Acting-Governor… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am Still Loyal To My Boss: Taraba Acting Governor Says by Mrevildoer(m): 6:17pm On Jan 01, 2014
The Acting Governor of Taraba, Alhaji Garba Umar, on Wednesday, said his loyalty to his ailing boss, Gov. Danbaba Suntai, was consistent and unshakable.
Umar, who made the disclosure in his New Year broadcast in Jalingo, said he was only holding brief for his principal, pending the time the governor fully recovered and was capable of resuming full duties as governor.
He said “as a loyal lieutenant, I will continue to hold brief for my boss by staying focused on his master plan for the development of our dear state.
“My resolve to do so is borne out of the need to ensure continuity and completion of the set goals and objectives within the life span of the current administration, started about seven years ago.’’
The acting governor listed some of his achievements to include the completion of work on Jalingo-Sunkani-Garba Chede Road and the completion and inauguration of Takum General Hospital.
Others, he added, include the connection of Suntai Village, the governor’s country home, to the national grid, as well as the state’s House of Assembly Service Commission Complex.
He said “it is to the credit of the current administration that local government workers are now enjoying a new minimum wage and we were able to pay September salaries of workers without federal statutory allocation.’’
Umar urged the state House of Assembly to hasten the approval of the 2014 budget he earlier presented to it so that the process of implementation could begin early in the year.
He commended security agencies for their roles in maintaining peace in 2013, stressing that the efforts of traditional and religious leaders was remarkable

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-am-still-loyal-to-my-boss-tababa-acting-governor-says/
Re: I Am Still Loyal To My Boss: Taraba Acting Governor Says by ckkris: 6:27pm On Jan 01, 2014
Usurper! Still he cannot win the next election to become Governor.

(1) (Reply)

PDP again: 65 houses razed, scores injured as PDP supporters clash in Benue / Jonathan’s Wife Orders Release Of Suspected Thugs In Rivers / Fani Kayode Did Not Like Yorubas.he Did Not Build Airport In Osun,ogun,ekiti,ond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.