Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

13 Frequently Asked Questions (faq) About Youwin 2013/2014 Program. Ask Me - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 13 Frequently Asked Questions (faq) About Youwin 2013/2014 Program. Ask Me (889 Views)

BVN: Frequently Ask Question / Bc / Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

13 Frequently Asked Questions (faq) About Youwin 2013/2014 Program. Ask Me by kingagropro1: 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2014
YouWiN means Youth Enterprise with Innovation In Nigeria. The Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YouWiN) Program is a collaboration of the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Communication Technology (FG) and the World Bank have launched the YouWiN annual Business Plan Competition 2013/2014 for young entrepreneurs in Nigeria, in line with the Federal Government’s drive to create more jobs for Nigerians.

YouWiN Business Plan competition winners will be selected from a large pool of applicants and they will attend training afterwards. The eventual winners will be given grants of between N1-10 million (FREE of CHARGE).

In applying for this grant, these are a few Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that should set you on a right footing.

Is YouWiN a Loan that would be paid back?
No. It’s a free grant from the Federal Government.

Do I need to know anybody to apply for this YouWiN Grant?
No. Winners have won based on the credibility and viability of the ideas and business propositions they presented.

What Business Sectors can I apply?
There is opening for every legitimate business that has a niche created; Agriculture, IT, Trading, Consultancy etc.

I do not have a University Degree or Polytechnic Certificate, can I apply?
Yes. You can apply, as long as you have completed your secondary school education.

How old do I need to be before I am eligible to apply?
18-45 Years

When is the closing date for YouWin Business Plan Competition 2013/2014?
21st. January, 2014

I am interested, but i have a beautiful idea i want to repackage and apply, can you assist?
Yes. We can assist you repackage your idea if you are within the required age limit. However, we shall charge you consultancy fees after we repackage for you, that is if you like what we have done for you. All you will be required to do is send us a 'one page' explanation of your idea, then we would advice you if it would be a likely winner of this YouWiN grant or not, otherwise we might just advise you not to present it at all. If we consider it viable, then you can either apply directly or we apply on your behalf. Our understated terms & conditions apply here.

My Computer Generated Password is Complex & Confusing, can I change it?
Upon filling of your biodata, an email will be sent to your mailbox giving you a computer generated password. The moment, you login to your account information page for the first time, go straight to the 'change password tab' and change your password to what you are more familiar with. Note: The YouWin information pages can be erratic atimes logging you out several times. Don’t be worried, just patiently login until you are in. Remember so many applicants are logging in nationwide.

Stage 1 Application, what do I need to know?
You will need to first of all provide your correct Biodata, then you will fill in the form for your business application (See the Green Button on the Right) which takes general information about your proposed or existing business. The questions from the business section will include; Business Description, Select your Industry Sector, Marketing Information, Management Information, Product Evaluation, Profitability, YouWin Award Section, Financial Information and Other Additional Information.

How can I manage the space given to me by the Business Plan template?
You will have to carefully choose the words you use, so as to capture the true essence and content of your business plan application. Every field has an allocated acceptable number of words. If you exceed the specified number of words, the space would turn red, telling you that you have exceeded your words limit. Visit www.youwin.org.ng

Can I save my work and resume filling my information?
Yes. You can save your fill form online in parts. Infact, you are advised to save your work at every point you fill in a new information because of our erratic internet connection. Alternatively, fill all your information in a Microsoft word document, then copy and past into the YouWiN application form. Whichever is convenient for you.

I can fill the Microsoft Word part, but I have problems with the financial section.
Yes. This is expected because not every business person has Accounting knowledge. In order to get this section right, we as Accountants can assist you at a fee to prepare a Cashflow statement/P & L Accounts to generate this figures. Note: You will still need this Cashflow Statement/P & L Account information in the next stage. The earlier the better you handle this reality from the beginning.

How much are your charges?
We do not have a fixed charge. These are basically broken down into 2 categories;

1. Assisting you fill the whole information from scratch, while you provide the information to us. We do not collect any upfront payment. We do all the work for you, while you will fill send your information to us via the Microsoft version of the YouWin Biodata & Business Plan form we created which captures all the information required by the YouWin Program. You will sign an agreement with us for collection of our fees post winning your grant.

2. You can engage our service in preparing the Cashflow Statement/P & L Account ONLY, since you can handle the other sections yourself. Here, we collect our charges upfront.

I may not be on Nairaland to answer all your questions immediately very regularly, so please feel free to contact us via email: obaconsultant@gmail.com

Wish you the best of luck.

(1) (Reply)

Payoneer Card And Naija Paypal? / China Overtakes US As The World's Largest Economy / Needs Help With Neteller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.