Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,240 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? (904 Views)

Open Letter To My Future Boyfriend!! Looking Forward To Meeting You Here!!! / Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? / Are You Looking Forward To Valentine's Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
this is to the singles out there, are you looking forward to marriage life or do you cherish being single.
Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by chukwuinya: 10:33pm On Jan 01, 2014
hmmm why ask such ? This beautiful 1st day of d yr? Or is it part of ur new yr resolution
Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by xxKofoxx: 10:35pm On Jan 01, 2014
Am REALLY looking forward to it ooo
Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by nekaa(f): 10:39pm On Jan 01, 2014
Of cos I am looking forward to it...
Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by dasparrow: 10:45pm On Jan 01, 2014
@Post

No, I cannot look forward to anything that does not benefit me in any way, art or form and then puts me at risk for sexually transmitted diseases knowing fully well that most people are filled with the demonic spirit of lust and cannot stick to one sex partner for the rest of their lives.
Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by Enegod(m): 11:18pm On Jan 01, 2014
The problem is that many of the females in
this forum are so emotionally damaged
and battle scarred from failed relationships that getting married is
not an option... people like *some text missing* undecided

1 Like

Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by kindy86: 11:33pm On Jan 01, 2014
dasparrow: @Post

No, I cannot look forward to anything that does not benefit me in any way, art or form and then puts me at risk for sexually transmitted diseases knowing fully well that most people are filled with the demonic spirit of lust and cannot stick to one sex partner for the rest of their lives.

doez it mean u cant trust anybody,

no man is trustworthy okwayanu,ashi ocha
Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by jmoore(m): 11:52pm On Jan 01, 2014
Vision 2015.
Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by TerpeOjorobaby: 12:23am On Jan 02, 2014
Enegod: The problem is that many of the females in
my dear u r right some ladies are fed up.
Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by Ghadafy(m): 12:30am On Jan 02, 2014
Mine will happen this year by God's grace. So yes, I'm looking forward to it.
Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by Enegod(m): 12:48am On Jan 02, 2014
TerpeOjorobaby: my dear u r right some ladies are fed up.
hope you aren't among
Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by Nobody: 4:36am On Jan 02, 2014
yanshing tingz 24/7 woop woop
Yes I'm looking forward to having my own family
Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by shizzle11(m): 5:04am On Jan 02, 2014
Why would any sane person not think of being married someday?
Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by shizzle11(m): 5:39am On Jan 02, 2014
Enegod: The problem is that many of the females in
Lol @ missing text

if only those who feel that way realise that a failed relationship will not necessarily translate to a failed/broken marriage. Neither will a smooth r/ship guarantee a successful marriage. However I beg to differ slightly......

For me, I think its a thing of self ego/pride/arrogance of some ladies

Many (Naija) girls who prefer not to marry are predominantly working class ladies who feel they have just enough or comfortable with their earnings that they feel they can do without a man as husband. Obviously, they believe they are self made and can't humble themselves before any man all in the name of marriage, except of course if the man is like ×10 richer than them. tongue They believe albeit erroneously that money/economic need is the only reason a woman will/should get married to a man, forgetting that marriage exists more for reasons such as bonding and not just financial gratification.

Another category is those who are disenchanted about marriage cos of the over bearing attitude of some men. They believe that some men are too domineering, bossy, intolerant and control freak. Also experiences/stories they hear about others from abusive relationships and marriages scare the living daylight out of them, hence their stand on marriage.
Sad as it may be, this is true! Some men definitely don't deserve to be called husbands, so on this, I sympathize with the ladies who hold this view.

However, that some men have this obvious shortcoming doesn't mean one should give up on marriage. Please by all means marry. Terrible tales of others experiences shouldn't discourage you. That their marriage was full of thorns and abusive doesn't mean yours wont be rosy. The reason i will advice that we all work on ourselves (myself inclusive) to attract and get attracted to the right persons. So please a change of mindset will suffice here for the ladies.

None of the sexes has the monopoly of 'toutish' tendencies and waywardness. Just as we have hopeless and useless men who should have no business with marriage, we also have hopeless and useless women who don't deserve to be called wives.

In the spirit of the new year and as a good christian, wink I wish every Nlder a very blissful, eventful, abusive and violent free and of course a mutually beneficial relationship/marriage this year.

And yes, for those of us who are considering marriage in the very near future, possibly in 2014 smiley I pray God provides us with what/who we desire in our partner/spouse. AMEN..grin

....Happy day people wink

2 Likes

Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by Ghadafy(m): 6:01am On Jan 02, 2014
shizzle11: Why would any sane person not think of being married someday?

Abi o
Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by tonyadex(m): 12:21pm On Jan 02, 2014

Some prefer to wonder about believing they are enjoying life
Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by shizzle11(m): 2:46pm On Jan 02, 2014
Ghadafy:
Abi o
Na so e be my broda

tonyadex:
Some prefer to wonder about believing they are enjoying life
True there!
By the time they 'wake up' belatedly, they begin to run from pillar to post seeking for divine intervention from church to church. grin
Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2014
so reverend fathers are not sane
Re: Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? by shizzle11(m): 9:25am On Jan 03, 2014
Vilicious: so reverend fathers are not sane
Don't be shallow.

We are not talking about people who by their calling are restricted from marrying. Rev fathers as you and I know are expected to be celibate

(1) (Reply)

Is This Love Or Weakness? / Where Did You Meet Yur Ex's????? / 10 Useful Advices For Your First Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.