Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,154 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Toyota Highlander 06 Vibrates On Idle. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Highlander 06 Vibrates On Idle. (1759 Views)

2008 Camry: My Car Is Jerking On Idle! / Highlander 06/07 Normal Engine Vs Hybrid Engine / My Steering Wheel Vibrates At High Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Highlander 06 Vibrates On Idle. by zamirikpo(m): 4:50am On Jan 02, 2014
Hi guyz, i just bought an 06 highlander and everytn was fine until i decided to wash d engine, after that the check engine like came on nd i noticed d engine vibrates on idle nd if engaged in a gear wit ur legs on d brakes, nd also if u r moving very slowly. am afraid, i dnt any mechanic to touch it until am very sure of wot d problem is.
Re: Toyota Highlander 06 Vibrates On Idle. by sultaan(m): 5:05am On Jan 02, 2014
scan then post the codes also post several pics of the engine incase something is missing
Re: Toyota Highlander 06 Vibrates On Idle. by lonelydora: 6:48am On Jan 02, 2014
Just do a scan on the car. Since it's a new car, don't allow any mechanic to touch it until u run a scan. i would rather drive a dirty engine than to steam wash it.
Re: Toyota Highlander 06 Vibrates On Idle. by tyoseni(m): 6:53am On Jan 02, 2014
For you to have wash the engine, water must have find it's way into the plugs compactment area and that might cause the vibration. firstly remove the plug one by one and start the engine as you will do this activities 6 times in order to flush the trapped water from the engine. after this you will need to scan the vehicle for further diagnosis.
Re: Toyota Highlander 06 Vibrates On Idle. by nissparts(m): 7:07am On Jan 02, 2014
What you are experiencing is called a misfire, caused by water getting to your ignition coils. A scan will tell you which coil(s) has been affected.
Re: Toyota Highlander 06 Vibrates On Idle. by itsmayiela(m): 8:07am On Jan 02, 2014
why do people wash their car engines? Effizy i guess. U buy a car, u open the bonnet and show people how clean the engine is. Anyway, lets hope water didnt get into the ECU.

Scan ur car with an OBD2 and lets see how we can assist
Re: Toyota Highlander 06 Vibrates On Idle. by zamirikpo(m): 2:08pm On Jan 02, 2014
thanks guyzzz...itsmayiela i almost laughed buh no b efizy, na dat busy body dat grips u wen u buy sumtin new esp. a car, u want everytin to glitter. thanks anyway for all d response,buh i live in asaba and i dont knw anyone hu does dis scan in asaba.
Re: Toyota Highlander 06 Vibrates On Idle. by abatically(m): 3:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
itsmayiela: why do people wash their car engines? Effizy i guess. U buy a car, u open the bonnet and show people how clean the engine is. Anyway, lets hope water didnt get into the ECU.

Scan ur car with an OBD2 and lets see how we can assist

there is absolutely nothing wrong with washing ur engine especially in this Nigeria that is filled with dust. I like my car car to be clean which also includes the engine compartment. It has nothing to do with efizzy. Its also an avenue to get ur clogged condenser flushed. I wash my engine every 2-3 months and haven't had any problem with it.

(1) (Reply)

Golf 3 Vs Nissan Almera / How To Determing A Good Toyota Camry Ac Compressor / Which Is Better, Honda Odyssey 2004 Vs Toyota Sienna 2004

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.