Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? (24277 Views)

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Folajay22(m): 10:50am On Jan 02, 2014
Please people..i need to ask this as i'm not sure..what is the current stand on the factory tinted glasses on cars..is a permit still required?
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 02, 2014
If you have a tinted glass, get a permit to prevent needless palava

1 Like

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Folajay22(m): 11:51am On Jan 02, 2014
Yep..thought so too..wanted to clear an arguement..please anyone here with any help on obtaining a tint permit?..procedures..cost and all?

1 Like

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by chucky234(m): 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
Folajay22: Yep..thought so too..wanted to clear an arguement..please anyone here with any help on obtaining a tint permit?..procedures..cost and all?
Go to a nearby Police station, tint permit cost just N10,000.

1 Like

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by udomma1005(m): 3:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
I have attached the stipulated penalties concerning tinted glass permit as recommended by the Senate!

1 Like

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Exponental(m): 6:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
udomma1005: I have attached the stipulated penalties concerning tinted glass permit as recommended by the Senate!
format not supported by my fone. Could u pls paste here, I love to read thru..
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Ogadtop(m): 7:34am On Jan 10, 2014
if i only tint glasses of the two back doors.will i still be harrased?
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Izz9111: 10:18am On Jan 10, 2014
chucky234: Go to a nearby Police station, tint permit cost just N10,000.
Please, the permit is issued by DIG, in Abuja, you can not get from any police station. Go to Kamsalem House Obalende, apply and they will send it to Abuja. It will take about 3 working days to come.

It cost about 20k

Regards

3 Likes

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by fingard02k(m): 10:20am On Jan 10, 2014
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by chelseabmw(m): 10:23am On Jan 10, 2014
What of A 2012 toyota highlander that comes with a factory tinted glass?
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by hooged: 10:23am On Jan 10, 2014
ANYONE DRIVING TINTED GLASS VEHICLES WITHOUT PERMIT NOW RISK A FINE OF N50,000 OR A SIX-MONTH JAIL TERM OR BOTH.

This was as a result of the final passage by the Senate, on Thursday, the Bill for an Act to amend the Motor Vehicle (Prohibition of Tinted Glass) Act aimed at checking indiscriminate use of tinted glass vehicles without approval.

The options of fine, jail term or both were contained in the bill, first read on the floor on April 18, 2013 and sponsored by Senator Ita Enang.

The decision of the Senate followed the adoption and approval of the report of its joint committee on Police Affairs and Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters on the bill.

The chairman of the joint committee, Senator Paulinus Nwagwu, said the bill “seeks essentially, to amend the extant law in order to check indiscriminate use of tinted glass vehicles which beat security checks and carry out nefarious activities.”

Nwagwu said the need for the bill arose, following the reactions of Nigerians to the recent announcement by the Nigeria Police of its intention to arrest and prosecute Nigerians driving cars with tinted glass.

He said it was, therefore, necessary to let Nigerians know that the police was not trying to introduce a new law but was merely trying to enforce an already existing Regulations 66 (2) of the National Traffic Regulations of 1997 and the Motor Vehicles (Prohibition of Tinted Glass) Act.

Nwagwu said the Motor Vehicle (Prohibition of Tinted Glass ) Act Amendment Bill 2013 was thus sponsored to, among others, amend the enabling act with a view to streamlining it with the present realities.

“The bill also seeks to address the persisting injustice meted out to Nigerians through embarrassment and harassment, which constitutes a serious affront to the fundamental rights of Nigerians against discrimination as enshrined under Section 42 of the Constitution,” he added.

He said various stakeholders, during the public hearing on the bill, had emphasized the need to address current upsurge in terrorism and other crimes like kidnapping, child trafficking.

The bill, among other provisions, requested buyers of imported vehicles with tinted, shaded, coloured, darkened or treated glass to change it to transparent ones within 14 days from the date of arrival in Nigeria or date of purchase.

In the alternative, it stipulated that buyers of such vehicles should request for a permit for the use of such tinted glass vehicles from the Office of the Inspector General of Police, anywhere in the country, within 90 days of importing the vehicle.
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by adebayo201: 10:24am On Jan 10, 2014
Izz9111:
Please, the permit is issued by DIG, in Abuja, you can not get from any police station. Go to Kamsalem House Obalende, apply and they will send it to Abuja. It will take about 3 working days to come.
It cost about 20k
Regards
grin
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by omoboy1: 10:26am On Jan 10, 2014
Na wa oooo.. over here in us. Person no need. permit... I hate nigeria for this

2 Likes

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by amiskurie(m): 10:33am On Jan 10, 2014
hell nooo!
I just wanna oppress,everyone has to see through.they have to see ma gold plated killers.they have to see ma blings.the uncommon chicks in ma wheel...
yeahhhh! cheesy
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 10, 2014
omoboy1: Na wa oooo.. over here in us. Person no need. permit... I hate nigeria for this

people wey dey born for America love naija & dey twitt happy new yrs in our language, na you wey sleep for embassy before u get visa come talk say u hate naija because of tinted glass? abeg pack well!! naija no dey miss you...

@OP - factory fitted or not, you need a permit. NB; get the original permit from police and not from vehicle licencing office.

8 Likes

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by gcey2k(m): 10:34am On Jan 10, 2014
ANYONE DRIVING TINTED GLASS VEHICLES WITHOUT PERMIT NOW RISK A FINE OF N50,000 OR A SIX-MONTH JAIL TERM OR BOTH.

This was as a result of the final passage by the Senate, on Thursday, the Bill for an Act to amend the Motor Vehicle (Prohibition of Tinted Glass) Act aimed at checking indiscriminate use of tinted glass vehicles without approval.

The options of fine, jail term or both were contained in the bill, first read on the floor on April 18, 2013 and sponsored by Senator Ita Enang.

The decision of the Senate followed the adoption and approval of the report of its joint committee on Police Affairs and Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters on the bill.

The chairman of the joint committee, Senator Paulinus Nwagwu, said the bill “seeks essentially, to amend the extant law in order to check indiscriminate use of tinted glass vehicles which beat security checks and carry out nefarious activities.”

Nwagwu said the need for the bill arose, following the reactions of Nigerians to the recent announcement by the Nigeria Police of its intention to arrest and prosecute Nigerians driving cars with tinted glass.

He said it was, therefore, necessary to let Nigerians know that the police was not trying to introduce a new law but was merely trying to enforce an already existing Regulations 66 (2) of the National Traffic Regulations of 1997 and the Motor Vehicles (Prohibition of Tinted Glass) Act.

Nwagwu said the Motor Vehicle (Prohibition of Tinted Glass ) Act Amendment Bill 2013 was thus sponsored to, among others, amend the enabling act with a view to streamlining it with the present realities.

“The bill also seeks to address the persisting injustice meted out to Nigerians through embarrassment and harassment, which constitutes a serious affront to the fundamental rights of Nigerians against discrimination as enshrined under Section 42 of the Constitution,” he added.

He said various stakeholders, during the public hearing on the bill, had emphasized the need to address current upsurge in terrorism and other crimes like kidnapping, child trafficking.

The bill, among other provisions, requested buyers of imported vehicles with tinted, shaded, coloured, darkened or treated glass to change it to transparent ones within 14 days from the date of arrival in Nigeria or date of purchase.

In the alternative, it stipulated that buyers of such vehicles should request for a permit for the use of such tinted glass vehicles from the Office of the Inspector General of Police, anywhere in the country, within 90 days of importing the vehicle.

that's d content of d document by udoma
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Project400: 10:36am On Jan 10, 2014
Interesting points
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:40am On Jan 10, 2014

22 Likes

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by felifeli: 10:41am On Jan 10, 2014
chucky234: Go to a nearby Police station, tint permit cost just N10,000.

Na lie. I paid N20k for original (plus quick process fee) . The N10k is fake.

2 Likes

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by omoboy1: 10:41am On Jan 10, 2014
O.T.I.S:

people wey dey born for America love naija & dey twitt happy new yrs in our language, na you wey sleep for embassy before u get visa come talk say u hate naija because of tinted glass? abeg pack well!! naija no dey miss you...

Your mama for there...e no easy to sleep for embassy... try am if u get mind
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by scrollmeout(m): 10:41am On Jan 10, 2014
O.T.I.S:

lwkmd grin
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by igbsam(m): 10:43am On Jan 10, 2014
What If I tint only the back glass of my car, will i be arrested ?
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 10, 2014
Get a permit if anyone of the glass is tinted and it costs N10k.... Av not been harassed abt it, though... Even after my particulars, av been checked... And funny enough , I simply smile.....And they all become soft , friendly and give me back my papers without much ado.... grin ...isn't it lovely to be a diva?.....lol... No mind me...but Maybe outside Lagos, one could be harassed , and the police stationed out there , might say the 10k permit issued is fake, possibly.?...but not within Lagos...the price is 10k...and no hassles

1 Like

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by TR0UBLeMaKeR(f): 10:49am On Jan 10, 2014
Why should you want a tinted car.. Wat r u hiding??
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 10, 2014
omoboy1:

Your mama for there...e no easy to sleep for embassy... try am if u get mind

the mother-insult tells a lot about who you really are....
BTW why would i sleep for embassy to get a visa? to go where? who's gonna live in my house here, drive my cars, hug my wife at nite, take my kids to school ? who is gonna take care of business here? abeg... my hustling days are over. tongue
cheers!!

6 Likes

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by benuegirl: 11:01am On Jan 10, 2014
Yes u sure need tinted- glass permit. I payed N25k. Then u r requested to submit copies of ur vehicle particulars and a picture of the vehicle showing the plate number and at least a tinted glass. The picture appears on the permit. It takes 12days to get it if u are in the east like me. Maturity date varies according to place of application.

1 Like

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by dammytosh: 11:02am On Jan 10, 2014
You need a tint Permit.

But your approach when you get to check point is very key with or without permit.

1. Stay Calm.
2. Switch On all your inner lights especially if you have a central switch
3. Wind down your glass and greet them with courtesy and smile.
4. If you have a company id card, show them first before the driving licence.

I have done this consistently and have not been embarrassed. They will ask you to go or worst case ask you for money with Hailing. Pretend as if you want to check something for them and tell them you dnt think you can get hold of cash.

I hope that helps.
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by benuegirl: 11:05am On Jan 10, 2014
chelseabmw: What of A 2012 toyota highlander that comes with a factory tinted glass?
Factory fitted or treated......u must get permit. thats the only way Nig Police can extort legally from us.
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by benuegirl: 11:07am On Jan 10, 2014
Oga-@-d-top:
if i only tint glasses of the two back doors.will i still be harrased?
Even if it's only booth!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of A Car In A Cage / Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) / Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.