Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information (122614 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by omoluabi001(m): 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
Guys i need help badly,
have gotten my VAL and am doing d NDLEA stuff right now in Ibadan but d offixer i met told me that i have to come with d receipt of payment for school fees before it can be done.

my question now is what is d fastest way to pay that kind of huge fund from Nigeria?
i was actually thinking of opening a domiciliary account but how do i get hard currency to fund it without being over charged by BDCs.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 11:13am On Sep 20, 2017
omoluabi001:
Guys i need help badly,
have gotten my VAL and am doing d NDLEA stuff right now in Ibadan but d offixer i met told me that i have to come with d receipt of payment for school fees before it can be done.

my question now is what is d fastest way to pay that kind of huge fund from Nigeria?
i was actually thinking of opening a domiciliary account but how do i get hard currency to fund it without being over charged by BDCs.
1st a public university would advise you not to pay because there are some registration steps you have to pass before you pay the tuition fee and its not advisable because some schools dont refund tuition fee irrespective of the circumstances, you need to check the school policy on tuition fee refund before you make any payment and the last time i checked school fee payment was not part of the requirements to get NDLEA certificate, i think the man is just trying to complicated the requirements for him. But if know someone here and you wanna make the payment the easiest and the cheapest way is to send the naira equivalent to someone you trust here and they will change it to ringgit for you and can pay it here and send you the receipt, there are many people that change naira to ringgit here. But i don think it's necessary to pay the tuition fee except the school ask for it.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by papaput2(m): 5:01pm On Oct 13, 2017
Going for a BSC program in Malaysia just waiting for VAL as first-time traveler do I need an NDLA clearance. ?

And please anyone got the full requirements of what I need to obtain d student visa please kindly copy paste so that I can prepare for it on time

Thanks guys
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Kranjar(m): 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2017
My VAL was approved yesterday at 38%. It took about 8 working days. I am just waiting for it to be mailed to me then I can go for my Visa.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Josh121(m): 10:44pm On Oct 13, 2017
Kranjar:
My VAL was approved yesterday at 38%. It took about 8 working days. I am just waiting for it to be mailed to me then I can go for my Visa.
It as to be 100% and it takes 2-3 months before you can have your Val mail to you
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 10:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
Josh121:

It as to be 100% and it takes 2-3 months before you can have your Val mail to you
Wrong. The process becomes 100% after you have arrived in Malaysia and gotten the student pass on your passport. It's usually 80% when you get your single entry visa.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 10:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
papaput2:
Going for a BSC program in Malaysia just waiting for VAL as first-time traveler do I need an NDLA clearance. ?

And please anyone got the full requirements of what I need to obtain d student visa please kindly copy paste so that I can prepare for it on time

Thanks guys
You don't need NDLEA for BSc in a university.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Josh121(m): 11:43pm On Oct 14, 2017
zaimeg:

Wrong. The process becomes 100% after you have arrived in Malaysia and gotten the student pass on your passport. It's usually 80% when you get your single entry visa.
Hahahahaha bro I have been to Malaysia on student visa and have also process for people before. You can't get the Val if it not on 100%, a new process is started when you get to Malaysia with your single entry at also have to wait till it 100% the school will collect your passport with your pass for you
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 2:50am On Oct 15, 2017
Josh121:

Hahahahaha bro I have been to Malaysia on student visa and have also process for people before. You can't get the Val if it not on 100%, a new process is started when you get to Malaysia with your single entry at also have to wait till it 100% the school will collect your passport with your pass for you
I don't know when you processed yours or when you helped someone. The process is now continuous. My position is based on that of someone I helped this month. He got his VAL in August at 80%. It moved to 85% after he arrived MY and submitted his registration letter and medicals to emgs. It is now 100% cos the student pass has been stamped on the passport. Even when I processed mine last year, I got my val at 70%. Some changes were made to the process last year. More changes were made this year. We don't need to argue over it.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 9:00am On Oct 15, 2017
papaput2:

Thanks guys
No, it is not needed for universities only colleges
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by papaput2(m): 10:43am On Oct 15, 2017
No, it is not needed for universities only colleges[/quote

So colleges that offer BSC programes just like the one am into can still be exempted. ?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Josh121(m): 10:55am On Oct 15, 2017
zaimeg:

I don't know when you processed yours or when you helped someone. The process is now continuous. My position is based on that of someone I helped this month. He got his VAL in August at 80%. It moved to 85% after he arrived MY and submitted his registration letter and medicals to emgs. It is now 100% cos the student pass has been stamped on the passport. Even when I processed mine last year, I got my val at 70%. Some changes were made to the process last year. More changes were made this year. We don't need to argue over it.
Okay I have not process anything dis year
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Tabbaz(m): 4:11am On Oct 16, 2017
omoluabi001:
Guys i need help badly,

Usually, school fees is paid upon arrival to malaysia. However, if it's mandatory that you pay it before leaving home country and you are willing to do so. Contact us and we will pay on your behalf while you pay us naira equivalent

Regards
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 12:05am On Oct 23, 2017
papaput2:

No, it is not needed for universities only colleges[/quote

So colleges that offer BSC programes just like the one am into can still be exempted. ?
Yeah, i think you will need it
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Sabaola: 11:27am On Nov 23, 2017
Please how is application fee paid to the Malaysian bank account of the University e.g. upm? Secondly, must the statement of account they request have so much money to prove ability of funding and must it be the applicant's account?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 8:48am On Nov 27, 2017
Sabaola:
Please how is application fee paid to the Malaysian bank account of the University e.g. upm? Secondly, must the statement of account they request have so much money to prove ability of funding and must it be the applicant's account?
Open a domiciliary Account, fund with dollar and transfer to the school account, very simple or someone in malaysia can pay the money into the school account for you and send you the receipt, then you pay the equivalent in naira to his account.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by kevincal144: 12:38pm On Dec 03, 2017
I just want to commence the processing of my own travel documents. I want to apply for masters in upm, please my Oga them in the house, how much should I budget for the whole process of visa application? Please your urgent replies is highly needed. Thank you!
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by aldeon: 3:03am On Dec 05, 2017
Hi house, i want to apply for a college/ university for a friend of mine to come over to Malaysia for Masters in March/April intake. I was told some colleges/ university are not recognized in the Malaysian embassy in Nigeria. I choose to apply for Limkokwing University Malaysia, FTMS College, Masha University. Are this institution recognized at the Malaysian embassy in Nigeria even after given a VAL.

Thank you
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by ejikemichael: 12:40pm On Feb 01, 2018
Please can someone in Nigeria get a genuine Malaysia visiting visa from South Africa? Please it's important someone is confused thanks
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 10:28am On Feb 05, 2018
aldeon:
Hi house, i want to apply for a college/ university for a friend of mine to come over to Malaysia for Masters in March/April intake. I was told some colleges/ university are not recognized in the Malaysian embassy in Nigeria. I choose to apply for Limkokwing University Malaysia, FTMS College, Masha University. Are this institution recognized at the Malaysian embassy in Nigeria even after given a VAL.

Thank you
Masha and limkokwing are recofnised, not sure about FTMS
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 10:32am On Feb 05, 2018
kevincal144:
I just want to commence the processing of my own travel documents. I want to apply for masters in upm, please my Oga them in the house, how much should I budget for the whole process of visa application? Please your urgent replies is highly needed. Thank you!
after getting your val, the other expenses are minor if you have all your documents intact and ready.
For Visa processing the last information i got was that the application was increased from 1k to 10k, apart from that, others are minor expenses like Yellow card, printing, photocopies etc, another main expenses is staying in abuja till u get ur visa, if you dont have someone to stay with, then you have to rent a hotel, transportation, feeding, if you have someone to stay with during your visa processing in abuja, i think 100k will be more than enough
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 10:33am On Feb 05, 2018
ejikemichael:
Please can someone in Nigeria get a genuine Malaysia visiting visa from South Africa? Please it's important someone is confused thanks
I think so but you still have to confirm with the malaysian embassy in South Africa
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Mahesh26: 2:58am On Feb 10, 2018
Hello everyone im maheshwari, am indian girl from malaysia. There is only one thing i want to remind you all, there is a lot of fraud things happening in your country regarding visa to malaysia. And im very sorry to say its by your own people. To be honest, there is no work for you in my country. If someone say it is, then they are lying. And as for school, make sure you get your student visa done before you arrive in Malaysia. All just try to make money from you, it's agents or the school itself. Dont come and suffer, i have seen many of your people wondering how to go back. Take note, thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by BabaDessy: 9:22am On Feb 16, 2018
Mahesh26:
Hello everyone im maheshwari, am indian girl from malaysia. There is only one thing i want to remind you all, there is a lot of fraud things happening in your country regarding visa to malaysia. And im very sorry to say its by your own people. To be honest, there is no work for you in my country. If someone say it is, then they are lying. And as for school, make sure you get your student visa done before you arrive in Malaysia. All just try to make money from you, it's agents or the school itself. Dont come and suffer, i have seen many of your people wondering how to go back. Take note, thanks
Ada India, your advice is noted,please where are you and what are you doing for a living?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 11:53pm On Feb 16, 2018
Mahesh26:
Actually she is right, if your papa or mama no get money to sponsor you, please dont come here, go to other better countries where u can study and work, malaysia will question all your moral and ethical beliefs and u might get yourself into doing things you dont wanna do if your funds is not coming from Nigeria, alot of people are already stock in this, and i hate to see people with poor backgrounds are still coming into Malaysia with High hopes, that is the main reason why we have a bad name in malaysia, 90% of this news u read about nigerians in malaysia are bad news, because people get stocked here so they just do whatever to survive and make money but if your family is rich enough to fully sponsor both you tuition and living fee, then malaysia is good for you. Just that you have 0-10% chance of getting a job after you complete your education, i just complete my masters in UPM with a distinction , i have applied to apply to over 100 companies and institutions, only 4 called me for interview, all are rubbish, out of the 4 one is a scam, the other 2 are recruiting companies , the last one just wanna use and dump u, so u need to think twice
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Orofun1: 11:32am On Mar 06, 2018
I just got a PhD admission in USM and the beauty of it is that I can resume anytime I want. Guess I will just take my time to arrange enough pepper
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ask me any question about Malaysia and I am here to give you a useful and helpful information starting from Living, Visiting, Education, Business, How Nigerians are Living here, the Nigerian Embassy and other things.........Note: No phone number, No Email address, No contact me and finally just to give you a tip and information about Malaysia. Thats all
Please do you know any bulk supplier of CRUDE PALM OIL in malaysia?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Kranjar(m): 6:35am On Mar 10, 2018
My VAL was approved in October last year, I did not know it has a validity of 6 months. Since my start date is September 2018, it means I have to apply for another by next month. I have contacted USM to return the current VAL for cancellation so that I can reapply. Quite unfortunate I have to pay the VAL application fee twice.

@barleeh
Congrats on the distinction u made. Have you considered being an academic. May be you should apply for PhD admission to universities in Canada. You have a good chance of being selected with funding. Although pursuing a doctorate degree can be mentally exhausting and you have to be ready for the duration, I think it is worth the shot.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Mistymash: 12:07am On Mar 13, 2018
Hello @barleeh,please I want to inquire if you know any courier service company in Malaysia that one can use their services to send stuffs to Nigeria? Thank you
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by macromyk: 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2018
Hi guys, good day. Please I need advise on an issue bothering me. I just finished from a tertiary institution here in Nigeria, and my aunt wants me to immediately go study for my masters in Malaysia. She is based there, however she says my certificate and transcript must be ready and would be taken to ministry of foreign affairs for it to be sfamped before we proceed .. the issue now is that I asked some of my course mates and also staffs in my school on when our certificate would be ready, they all said 2years above.. my question now is , without the certificate is there any hope of studying in Malay or what else can be used in place of certificate?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Orofun1: 12:21pm On Mar 29, 2018
I am sure your school will issue you a document known as "to whom it may concern" which can be tendered in lieu of a certificate. Ask your school for that and you can then go ahead to process your application with that. Best of luck...
macromyk:
Hi guys, good day. Please I need advise on an issue bothering me. I just finished from a tertiary institution here in Nigeria, and my aunt wants me to immediately go study for my masters in Malaysia. She is based there, however she says my certificate and transcript must be ready and would be taken to ministry of foreign affairs for it to be sfamped before we proceed .. the issue now is that I asked some of my course mates and also staffs in my school on when our certificate would be ready, they all said 2years above.. my question now is , without the certificate is there any hope of studying in Malay or what else can be used in place of certificate?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Kranjar(m): 10:36am On Mar 30, 2018
@Orofun1
Hi, I also got Msc admission for one year at USM to start in 2018, after which I will immediately start a PhD program. The issue I am faced with now is that I intend to defer the admission to 2022 because I also plan to work for about 4 years to save enough money for both programs. Please were you given a maximum amount of years that your admission can be deferred? I am in the process of cancelling my VAL and request that my admission be deferred hopefully for 4 years. I just don't want to go through the whole process of reapplying for admission.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply)

Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative / 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.