Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,053 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:06 AM

UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread (9284 Views)

Uniport 2014/2015 Post-graduate Aspirant / Uniport 2014 Post-graduate | Master|phd|ma| Msc |med |meng |mba|pgd Form Now Out / Kogi State University Admission 2013/2014 (official) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by Naskiid(m): 2:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
2014 JambUtme UNIPORT Aspirants and Newly admited For Pre-degree or Degree ask ur Questions. Ranging from Registration, Accomodation (campus/off Campus), Online Registration, Medicals and Physical Clearance, i would be ur Tour Guide. Feel Free To Ask anything even if its the Name of the Gateman, am all urs!
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by frankmoney(m): 2:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
I wonna go for the part time form pls do dey learn everyday ? I need answers urgently
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by Naskiid(m): 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2014
It cant be everyday.. Everything has schedule and timetable..
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by Naskiid(m): 7:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
REGISTRATION OF FRESH
STUDENTS FOR 2013/2014
SESSION

The University Management has
made the following payments compulsory for Fresh Students (Year One) in the 2013/2014
academic session:
1. Acceptance Fee: N30,000.00
2. Accommodation Fee:
N19,850.00
The above payments must be made first to enable candidates
gain access to the Registration Process.

Registration Procedure:
Confirm your name on the Admission List on the
eCampus Portal Proceed to pay your Acceptance Fee in any of the
University’s designated Banks across the country, assigned to your Faculty; namely:
First Bank of Nigeria Plc –
(SCIENCE)
United Bank for Africa Plc – (COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES AND SCHOOL OF SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY)
Access Bank Plc – (DENTISTRY, ENGINEERING AND PHND)
EcoBank Plc – (AGRICULTURE AND SOCIAL SCIENCES)
U & C Microfinance Bank
(Uniport) – (EDUCATION AND POST-NCE)
Fidelity Bank – (ACIB;
HUMANITIES AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES)
FinBank Plc – (PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES)

*.Sign up and Sign in (Log in) on the eCampus Portal.
*.Proceed to pay your Hostel Accommodation Fee in any of the designated Banks across the country, assigned to your Faculty, as stated above.
*.Sign in (Log in) on the eCampus Portal to complete the Clearance Eligibility Form.
*.If not cleared:
*.Fill the Rejection Form online.
*.Proceed to the Admissions Office with the Form you completed online for advice from the Desk Officer in charge of Rejection in the Admissions Office.
*.The Admissions Officer, after confirmation, will direct you to pay for the Rejection Form.
*.Thereafter, return to the Admissions Office to obtain your Rejection Form.
*.Based on the advice of the Desk/Rejection Officer, the candidate should proceed to the recommended Department.
The Faculty Officer and the Head of Department of the recommended Department, respectively, will endorse the appropriate section (rejection/acceptance) on the Rejection Form, duly completed by the candidate (if the candidate is still rejected by the Department in question, the Officers (i.e. Head of Department and Faculty Officer) will make their remarks, stating the reasons for the rejection and the candidate is expected to go back to the Desk/Rejection Officer in the Admissions Office, for advice).
*.Otherwise, if the candidate is accepted by the Department, he/she should return to the Admissions Office for further endorsement of the Form.
*.The Department of the candidate will then be changed online to reflect the new Department.
*.This, therefore, creates room for the candidate to go back online to complete the Clearance Eligibility Form online based on the Department which accepted the candidate.
*.If cleared online:
*.Proceed to pay your School Charges in any of the designated Banks across the country as highlighted above.
*.Thereafter, Sign in (Log in) on the eCampus Portal and print all online Fee Receipts.
*.Complete the Personal Data Form for new Students.
*.Complete all other Registration Forms online and Print.
*.Carry out Medical Examination and Registration at the Uniport Medical Centre.
*.Take all your completed and printed documents including: Online Fee Receipts, Acceptance Form, Provisional Admission Slip, Guarantor’s Form and proceed for physical verification at the Admissions Office with the originals of your O’level Results/Certificates and UTME Result Slip (for sighting).
*.If cleared by the Admissions Office, proceed with your documents for clearance to the Faculty Officer of your Faculty. In addition to the documents indicated above, other documents required include: Birth Certificate, Local Government Identification, Eight (cool Passport Photographs, Matriculation Register Form, Student Undertaking Form, Uniport Health Centre Card and Two (2) Referee Letters.
*.If cleared by your Faculty Officer, wait for approval of the Academic Officer online, before you proceed with the other registration activities (such as course registration).
*.Candidates are expected to complete all registration activities on or before the stated dates in the University Calendar, failing which, you will stand the risk of forfeiting the offer of admission made to you.
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by frankmoney(m): 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
Naskiid: It cant be everyday.. Everything has schedule and timetable..
from ur response I guess u dnt rily av an idea , cos sme1 told me its everyday bt always in d evening ...a student of d program
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by Naskiid(m): 6:10am On Jan 03, 2014
frankmoney: from ur response I guess u dnt rily av an idea , cos sme1 told me its everyday bt always in d evening ...a student of d program
No Sir! Not that i dont have an Idea. You know the Program was stopped Sometime ago and it has just reopened and things are bound to Change because new departments has even be added that was why i cant answer with Certainty. But i will be in school by Nextweek to Gather more details
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by frankmoney(m): 6:55am On Jan 03, 2014
Naskiid: No Sir! Not that i dont have an Idea. You know the Program was stopped Sometime ago and it has just reopened and things are bound to Change because new departments has even be added that was why i cant answer with Certainty. But i will be in school by Nextweek to Gather more details
ok thanks wateva u get plz post it here
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by ChocolateBarbie(f): 8:16am On Jan 03, 2014
Wats d cutoff mark 4 pet.enq.
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by tony4244(m): 8:24am On Jan 03, 2014
has Senate approved graduation list?
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by Naskiid(m): 10:09am On Jan 03, 2014
ChocolateBarbie: Wats d cutoff mark 4 pet.enq.
all Cut off Marks Remains 180 except For Medcine. But Scoring above 180 is Safer than Heaven
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by Naskiid(m): 10:12am On Jan 03, 2014
tony4244: has Senate approved graduation list?
No News on that Yet.. All previous meetings of the Senate has been about ASUU Strike. Maybe on the Next meeting that would be addressed. I would keep you posted
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by ChocolateBarbie(f): 10:53am On Jan 03, 2014
Naskiid: all Cut off Marks Remains 180 except For Medcine. But Scoring above 180 is Safer than Heaven
kk
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by bellemoi(f): 6:54am On Jan 04, 2014
is management the same as business administration and what is the jamb combination
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by engrsoma(m): 7:59am On Jan 04, 2014
just got dmission recently but hving problems with the bank for payment of acceptance fees. went to ictc and they said i should try in dis jan that the fault is from the school. wen do you think i should try again since the reopens jan 5
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by Naskiid(m): 10:28am On Jan 04, 2014
engrsoma: just got dmission recently but hving problems with the bank for payment of acceptance fees. went to ictc and they said i should try in dis jan that the fault is from the school. wen do you think i should try again since the reopens jan 5
Check Back On the 6th that is by Monday.. Incase you need Physical Assistance then let me know so i would get you help. Meanwhile ur not the only one, many has same problems so dont get upset
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by Naskiid(m): 10:43am On Jan 04, 2014
Below is a list of subcourses offered in Nigerian Universities and Four subjects required in JAMB UTME see your course of choice and the subjects you must choose to get it.
Candidates should Note that Education On Any Field Of Study will Require the following subjects listed below.

* English Language.
* Mathematics.
* Plus additional Three (3) ARTS Subjects, if your field of study is in the art Field or Three (3) SCIENCE Subjects, if your field of study is in the science Field.
Below are the subjects combination for JAMB UTME candidates in the science field of study.

Engineering Courses
For Courses such as Engineering courses, which includes the following:
Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering. Electrical/Electronics Engineering. Petroleum Engineering, Civil Engineering. Metallurgical Engineering. Marine Engineering. Elect. Engineering, Agricultural Engineering. Polymer and textile Engineering, etc Jamb Subject Combination For Engineering Courses;
* English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.

* With any of the subjects mentioned below as make up subjects .Geography, Further maths, Economics, Agriculture.

Law Courses
For Law course mentioned below, for example;
Civil Law, Common Law, Islamic law, Commercial law, Private Law, Property law, Public Law, International law ,etc.
Jamb Subject Combination For Law Course;
* English Language, Literature In English, Mathematics, Government, History.
* While you can use any of the subjects mentioned below as Make Up Courses. Economics, Geography, Commerce.

Medical/Pharmarceutical Sciences Courses
Examples of Medical/Pharmaceutical Courses are listed below.
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Dentistry, Human Nutrition, Medicine and surgery (Human Medicine), Pharmacy, Nursing/nursing science, Radiography, etc.

Jamb Subject Combination For Medicine And Pharmaceutical Course;
* English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology
* While you can also use any of the below mentioned subjects as make subject. Health science, Commerce, Economics, Agricultural Science.

Sciences Courses:
Science Courses which includes courses such as:
Pure and applied Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Industrial, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Animal Law, Environmental Biology, Microbiology, Plant Science, Geography. Among other science discipline.
Jamb Subject Combination For Science Course:
* English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry ,Biology,
* You are also offered the opportunity to choose any of the below subjects as make up subjects.
Agricultural Science, Geography, Commerce, Economics.
Political Science
Political Science Jamb Subject Combination.
* English Language, Mathematics, Government .History.
* You can either choose any one of these subjects: Economics, Commerce, Literature in English.

Economics
Economics Jamb Subject Combination:
* English Language, Mathematics, Economics, Commerce, Government,
* You can either choose any subject below as make up subject. History. Geography, Literature in English.
Economics Courses:
Economics Courses which includes courses such as:
Geography, Geography and Regional Planning,
Geography and environmental Management.
Jamb Subject Combination;
English Language, Mathematics, Geography,
* You can also choose two subjects from the list below. Economics, Government. Physics, Chemistry ,Biology, Further mathematics, Commerce.
Please Note that These are the Subject Combination For all Jambites who are preparing to write their JAMB examination.
For Further Inquires about Your Jamb Course, issues, drop your requests/Questions below using the Comment Box.
Wishing you Success in your Examination!!!
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by Naskiid(m): 10:54am On Jan 04, 2014
bellemoi: is management the same as business administration and what is the jamb combination
They arent the same. Check below for the combinations
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by engrsoma(m): 11:03am On Jan 04, 2014
Naskiid: Check Back On the 6th that is by Monday.. Incase you need Physical Assistance then let me know so i would get you help. Meanwhile ur not the only one, many has same problems so dont get upset
thanks very much plz cn u drop ur FB name or Number
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by Naskiid(m): 11:47am On Jan 04, 2014
engrsoma: thanks very much plz cn u drop ur FB name or Number
www.facebook.com/nasiru.victor
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by clemz85(m): 12:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
please I want to know if the cce or part time form is on sale for 2014 session, the courses they offer and any idear on how much the fee may be this session?
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by clemz85(m): 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
Naskiid: www.facebook.com/nasiru.victor

I found so many users with this name on facebook, how we identify you sir?
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by Naskiid(m): 1:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
clemz85:

I found so many users with this name on facebook, how we identify you sir?
just Click the Link and it would take you to My Profile. Please Suggest this Thread for Front page so we can help more persons
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by clemz85(m): 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
Naskiid: just Click the Link and it would take you to My Profile. Please Suggest this Thread for Front page so we can help more persons

ok but please you have still respond my question.
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by clemz85(m): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2014
please Oga Seun, this is why NL counts so many useful to the youth, we need this in FP

please!
kudos!
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by Naskiid(m): 2:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
clemz85: please I want to know if the cce or part time form is on sale for 2014 session, the courses they offer and any idear on how much the fee may be this session?

The fee is close to 200 as the part time fee is 100+ now. Let me get you the courses available and Requirements

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by Naskiid(m): 2:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION INTO PART-TIME DEGREE PROGRAMME- 2013/2014 SESSION
COLLEGE OF CONTINUING EDUCATION UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT

This is to inform the general public that sale of Application Forms for admission into the Part-Time Degree Programme of the College of Continuing Education, University of Port Harcourt for the 2013/2014 session has commenced. The following Pogrammes will be on offer during the session:
DEGREE PROGRAMMES
1. FACULTY OF HUMANITIES

B.A. Degree Programmes in History and Diplomatic Studies, English Studies, Philosophy, Religious & Cultural Studies and Linguistics & Communication Studies.

2. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
B.Sc. Degree Programmes in Economics, Public Administration and Sociology (Community Development & Social Welfare) .
3. FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
B.Sc. Degree Programmes in Accounting, Finance & Banking, Management and Marketing.
4. FACULTY OF PHYSICALSCIENCES AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
B.Sc. Degree Programme in Computer Science.

ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DEGREE PROGRAMMES

Holders of WAEC/SSCE, GCE ‘O’ Level or their equivalent with credit passes in 5 relevant subjects, (including English & Mathematics) who have worked for not less than 4 years in relevant fields of application are eligible to apply.

The following subjects: Book Keeping, Business Studies, Typewriting, Secretarial Studies, Shorthand, Social Studies and Health Science are not acceptable.

1a) For a Degree in History and Diplomatic Studies, a candidate must have five credit passes which must include English Language, History or Government and any other Three subjects from: Literature in English, CRK/IRK, Economics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry Physics, Agric. Sc, a Nigerian Language: Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba, Fine Art, Geography and Commerce.

1b) For a Degree Programme in English Studies, candidates must have five credit passes, which must include English Language, Literature in English and any other three subjects from: History or Government, CRK/IRK, Economics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Agric. Science, a Nigerian Language: Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba, Fine Art, Geography and Commerce.

1c) For a Degree in Linguistics and Communication Studies, a candidate must have five credit passes, which must include English Language and any other four subjects from Literature in English, History or Government, CRK/IRK, Economics, Mathematics Biology, Chemistry, Agric. Science, Physics, a Nigerian Language: Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba, Fine Art, Geography and Commerce.

1d) For a Degree in Philosophy, a candidate must have five credit passes, which must include English Language and any other four subjects from Literature in English, CRK/IRK, Economics. Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Agric. Sc, a Nigerian Language: Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba, Fine Art, History or Government, Commerce and Geography. At least a Pass in either Maths, a Science subject or Literature in English is required.

1e) For a Degree in Religious and Cultural Studies, a candidate must have five credit passes, which must include English Language and any other four subjects from Literature in English, History or Government, CRK/IRK, Economics. a Nigerian Language: Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba, Fine Art, and Commerce, Geography, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Agric. Science.

2. For a Degree Programme in the Faculty of Social Sciences, candidates must have five credit passes, including English Language, two of which must be Social Science subjects, (Economics, Geography, Government or History) and credit in any other two Arts subjects.

2a) However, candidates for the B.Sc. in Public Administration, are expected mandatorily to have credit passes in English Language, Government or History, Economics and any other two subjects from: Geography, Commerce, Literature in English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Agric. Science and Mathematics or at least a pass in Mathematics, if Mathematics is not inclusive of the five credit passes.

2b) For a Degree Programme in Economics, candidates are expected to have 5 credit passes, including English Language, Mathematics, Economics, Government/History/Geography and any other subject from Commerce, CRK/IRK, Literature in English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Agric. Science.
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by Naskiid(m): 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
2c) For a Degree Programme in Sociology (Community Development and Social Welfare), candidates must have 5 credit passes, which must include English Language and any other four subjects from: Economics, Commerce, Government/History Geography, CRK/IRK, Mathematics or at least a pass in Mathematics, if Mathematics is not inclusive of the five credit passes.

3.For a Degree Programme in the Faculty of Management Sciences, candidate must have five credit passes, in WAEC/SSCE, GCE ‘O’ Level which must include English Language, Mathematics, Economics, and any other two subjects from: Government or History, Geography, Commerce, Accounting, Literature in English, CRK/IRK Science subjects- Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Agric. Sc.

3a. For a Degree Programme in Management, candidates must have five credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any other two from Government/ History ,Geography, Commerce, Accounting. Literature in English, Christian Religious Knowledge/IRK, Science subject -Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Agricultural Science.

3b. For a Degree Programme in Marketing candidates must have five credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any other two from Government/Hostory Geography, Commerce, Accounting, Literature in English, Christian Religious Knowledge/IRK, Science subject – Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Agricultural Science.

4.For a Degree Programme in Computer Science, candidates must have five credit passes, which must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

NOTE: ONLY ‘O’ LEVEL IN WAEC (SSCE/GCE), NABTEB AND NECO Certificates are acceptable for Registration.

*.TC II is not acceptable
*.The sets of names stated by candidates in their Application Forms must be consistent with the names on their credentials. Inconsistency in names may lead to disqualification.
*.Candidates with O/Level Examination Results from 2009 backwards must present their Original Certificates and notStatement of Results or Result Slips.

[b]* If You Need Help With The Registration or Any other Matter Of Concern, Feel free to ask
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by bellemoi(f): 2:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
Naskiid: They arent the same. Check below for the combinations
do u know if uniport offers business administration
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by Naskiid(m): 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
bellemoi:
do u know if uniport offers business administration
No they dont.
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by bellemoi(f): 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
i was told management was same as biz admin
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by clemz85(m): 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
I am grateful for this but would more grateful if please Mod's and Oga Seun move this to FP
Re: UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread by Amanyanabo(m): 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
which is the right jamb combination for pol science
is it english,maths,econs,geography or
english,maths,econs,govt

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of Proposed Titanic Senate Building In OAU / Masters in Business Administration Degree From Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. / Privacy Breach: JAMB Warns Against Enrollment Of Minors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.