Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions - Education (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions (569013 Views)

Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission. / Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> / Delta State University, Abraka 2014/2015 Admissions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (370) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Starprince2(m): 2:06am On Oct 01, 2014
phemmyjohnson:

Update O'Level Result
UTME Applicants with NECO result but yet to be
offered
admission may now update their results for
consideration if interested in any of the following
course:

•Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
(AERD)
•Animal Breeding and Genetics (ABG)
•Animal Nutrition (ANN)
•Animal Physiology (ANP)
•Aquaculture and Fisheries Management (AQFM)
•Crop Protection (CPT)
•Forestry and Wildlife Management (FWM)
•Horticulture (HRT)
•Pasture and Range Management (PRM)
•Plant Breeding and Seed Technology (PBST)
•Plant Physiology and Crop Production (PPCP)
•Soil Science and Land Management (SSLM)
•Water Resources Management and AgroMeteorology
(WMA)
Deadline: Tuesday, 7th October 2014.
Visit: Update O'Level results page
http://admission.unaab.edu.ng
mehn! Make u guys wey wryt neco just ds opportunity ABG and ANP make sense die....supplementary cuming for sciences nt sure about management sh....all z well. Great funaab!!! GREAT
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by davidchuks89(m): 8:28am On Oct 01, 2014
FOR THOSE WHO ARE HAVING PROBLEM WITH THEIR ADMISSION PROCESSING AND WISH TO FOLLOW UP SHOULD FEEL VERY FREE TO CALL THIS NUMBER; 08162558764
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by bobbyspeed(m): 10:10am On Oct 01, 2014
Damex333: I wonder why u looking for every opportunity to dump more mud on funaab. Funaab s no saint in admission runs, neither s any school in Nigeria, not even your highly credited lasu.

You must be talking from an un-informed position and may be you av not been following trends and my past contributions on this thread.

If you do a comparative analysis of admission procedure btw lasu and funaab you will know that though lasu may not be immuned from imperfections but lasu system is more transparent and objective.

We av empirical facts from jamb reg posted on this thread that pple who scored higher are unjustly denied admission and those with lower putume and composite are given admission.

A standard set must be uniformly applied to all the faculties for it to be objective and av integrity. Why calving a separate and unknown admission rule for Colmas and many brilliant students are frustrated.

Mind you i av a son going to 300L in funaab coleng and he was admitted on merit first batch. My bliv in Funaab system which av been defending everywhere is what makes me to persistently chose the school for my 2nd son going for Colmas study..

No rule says u should tied your destiny to an institutions that av compromised their own standard when you av alternative you should avail your self. Not taken such alternative opportunities will be irrational and amount to stupidity.

Am not praising one school over the other cos all universities in naija has minimum benchmark to uphold as set by NUC in terms of course curriculum and admission requirements.

So when we critise and do a comparative analysis this is done objectively in constructive manner devoid of sentiments and on empirical facts.

Am sure once beating is twice shy and those colmas aspirant that want to chose funaab nxt year will think twice.

Happy new month and independent anniversary
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by bobbyspeed(m): 10:14am On Oct 01, 2014
H
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 01, 2014
Damex333: I wonder why u looking for every opportunity to dump more mud on funaab. Funaab s no saint in admission runs, neither s any school in Nigeria, not even your highly credited lasu.
Are u seriouuus? LASU s no saint too but trust me, dey re faar better wen it comes to admission process (i) u get to see aw many aspirants dat applied 4 d same course with u (ii) to check result/admission list, deres nofin like input reg no, u see evryones score in PDF format, u know where u fall, if ur best in ur dept/if u av any chnce at all to be admitted, u cant be among d best 20 - 40 in ur dept nd not be admitted unlike unaab where dey dnt even release cutoff or where pple with low scores get admitted nd pple with high scores left in d dark. unaab has only 500 space in COlMAS nd dey still do PD, FMP nd IJMB, dats greedy, dis programs already av bout 300 - 350 students whom unaab has to admit leaving only about 200 - 300 space 4 jambites out of ova 3000 management aspirants, dats y pple with very good scores dnt get admitted, it would be better if dey dnt allow management jambites apply at all, dey should leave dat faculty 4 dier internals. Dey should scrap dose programs so as to give jambites full opportunity, look @ UNN, she has large carrying capacity, still deres nofin like PD nd d likes. So y cant unaab do d same?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by bobbyspeed(m): 10:19am On Oct 01, 2014
Ellemuah:
Are u seriouuus? LASU s no saint too but trust me, dey re faar better wen it comes to admission process (i) u get to see aw many aspirants dat applied 4 d same course with u (ii) to check result/admission list, deres nofin like input reg no, u see evryones score in PDF format, u know where u fall, if ur best in ur dept/if u av any chnce at all to be admitted, u cant be among d best 20 - 40 in ur dept nd not be admitted unlike unaab where we dnt even release cutoff. unaab has only 500 space in COlMAS nd dey still do PD, FMP nd IJMB, dats greedy, dis programs already av bout 300 - 350 students whom unaab has to admit leaving only about 200 - 300 space 4 jambites out of ova 3000 management aspirants, dats y pple with very good scores dnt get admitted, it would be better if dey dnt allow management jambites apply at all, dey should leave dat faculty 4 dier internals. Dey should scrap dose programs so as to give jambites full opportunity, look @ UNN, she has large carrying capacity, still deres nofin like PD nd d likes. So y cant unaab do d same?

Tell them my dear. Coming back to this thread is for pple to learn and educate their siblings in chosing funaab colmas. If not greed why doing predegree and fmp without first increasing capacity
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 01, 2014
bobbyspeed:

You must be talking from an un-informed position and may be you av not been following trends and my past contributions on this thread.

If you do a comparative analysis of admission procedure btw lasu and funaab you will know that though lasu may not be immuned from imperfections but lasu system is more transparent and objective.

We av empirical facts from jamb reg posted on this thread that pple who scored higher are unjustly denied admission and those with lower putume and composite are given admission.

A standard set must be uniformly applied to all the faculties for it to be objective and av integrity. Why calving a separate and unknown admission rule for Colmas and many brilliant students are frustrated.

Mind you i av a son going to 300L in funaab coleng and he was admitted on merit first batch. My bliv in Funaab system which av been defending everywhere is what makes me to persistently chose the school for my 2nd son going for Colmas study..

No rule says u should tied your destiny to an institutions that av compromised their own standard when you av alternative you should avail your self. Not taken such alternative opportunities will be irrational and amount to stupidity.

[b] Am not praising one school over the other cos all universities in naija has minimum benchmark to uphold as set by NUC in terms of course curriculum and admission requirements. [\b]

So when we critise and do a comparative analysis this is done objectively in constructive manner devoid of sentiments and on empirical facts.

Am sure once beating is twice shy and those colmas aspirant that want to chose funaab nxt year will think twice.

Happy new month and independent anniversary

Thank you for the bolded part. that is what I want to bring out. All fed,state and even private university have skeleton in their cupboard over admission processes, OAU do me strong thing, after successfully overcoming their cut off mark , I wasn't offered admission but that doesn't make them worse than Funaab that gave me admission.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by galaxy15(m): 10:50am On Oct 01, 2014
Happy independencce

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by dharay99: 11:05am On Oct 01, 2014
Partially still around...#watchinq.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by ollykay619(m): 1:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
Pls i would like to know if there is anything like a muslim lodge or hostel where muslim students do stay
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by bobbyspeed(m): 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
Damex333:
Thank you for the bolded part. that is what I want to bring out. All fed,state and even private university have skeleton in their cupboard over admission processes, OAU do me strong thing, after successfully overcoming their cut off mark , I wasn't offered admission but that doesn't make them worse than Funaab that gave me admission.

If a system is transparent and you are denied admission if you are sure you meet dia cut off mark.

At least your mind will be settled that you are unjustly denied and not because you performed below expectations. This will spur you on to increase your performance and exercise free will to try anoda university and you did in funaab and God ordained your admission. Thats taking a calculated risk and not going to war as blind.

Colmas aspirants will be taken uncalculated risk and being blind folded in war front. You go into a game where you av 50% chance or probability of winning but funaab colmas admission is more of zerosum game in which admission had been skewed towards predite and Fmp.
Good Funaab offered you want OAU supposedly denied you because we dont have statistics or empirical facts to back up your claimed cos its likely the cut off was increased due to competition.

My son in funaab experience same in unilag in 2010 after scoring 72 he was denied based on state quota and i insisted he chose funaab and he was admitted.

Its God that ordain the steps of man and he will direct our steps to where our dream will be realised.

Lesson here is dont let any system frustrate you.don't stay in one place try ad many possible options till u realize your dream
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by pellycute(f): 10:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
Pls..z t true dah funaab z on strike nd wil b resumin by may Urgent reply,pls..
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
pellycute: Pls..z t true dah funaab z on strike nd wil b resumin by may Urgent reply,pls..
to me o. IMO. NO. FUNAAB is not on strike.
and sorry if I am derailing, Sister you are beautiful. a real beauty to behold.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
it's not tru funaab is not experiencing any strike atall
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
ollykay619: Pls i would like to know if there is anything like a muslim lodge or hostel where muslim students do stay
sir/ma, in the school hostel, capital NO. But outside the school, it might be possible but since the school is mixed it will be very hard
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Codedrock(m): 6:54am On Oct 02, 2014
pellycute: Pls..z t true dah funaab z on strike nd wil b resumin by may Urgent reply,pls..
lies lies... And u are admitted to which department??
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by dharay99: 7:04am On Oct 02, 2014
phemmyjohnson: Chaii!!! Funaab...
Expect the Unexpected..
Predict Funaab and Win scholarship...
#Smiles..
This means there is still a Supplementary List to be released.

Supplementary list for aspiring farmers i say.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by dharay99: 7:07am On Oct 02, 2014
Damex333: to me o. IMO. NO. FUNAAB is not on strike.

Lmfao.. grin grin grin
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by bobbyspeed(m): 7:29am On Oct 02, 2014
Damex333: to me o. IMO. NO. FUNAAB is not on strike.

How u take know say shes beautiful oh i see u arr being deceived by d name pellycute. Person wey u never see her face u jex dey day dream.

If u av been monitoring her on this thread u will know dat na devoted muslim she be and sure shes using hijab with veil covering her face to shield u guys from her supposedly beautiful face. So man no dey day dream.

Smiles
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by pellycute(f): 9:30am On Oct 02, 2014
bobbyspeed: 8

How u take know say shes beautiful oh i see u arr being deceived by d name pellycute. Person wey u never see her face u jex dey day dream.

If u av been monitoring her on this thread u will know dat na devoted muslim she be and sure shes using hijab with veil covering her face to shield u guys from her supposedly beautiful face. So man no dey day dream.

Smiles
..lol..lemme clearify things.. I'm in 200level,nt a fresher,I'm a xtian..nt a muslim.nd I dunno hw ure monitorin me o cos dis z d third tym I'll be postin on dis thread...nd d guys z ryt,I'm beautiful..thanks dear dammex.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Olubodef(m): 9:47am On Oct 02, 2014
Omo eleyi jawo.... Damn u are prettier than d prettiest.... quote author=pellycute]..lol..lemme clearify things.. I'm in 200level,nt a fresher,I'm a xtian..nt a muslim.nd I dunno hw ure monitorin me o cos dis z d third tym I'll be postin on dis thread...nd d guys z ryt,I'm beautiful..thanks dear dammex.[/quote] wish I could know dis gal
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 02, 2014
pellycute: ..lol..lemme clearify things.. I'm in 200level,nt a fresher,I'm a xtian..nt a muslim.nd I dunno hw ure monitorin me o cos dis z d third tym I'll be postin on dis thread...nd d guys z ryt,I'm beautiful..thanks dear dammex.
All this 200level students too dey form oh,see the way she's carrying herself like Angela Merkel smh...... Oya which dept are you in oh "beautiful lady"
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by pellycute(f): 10:03am On Oct 02, 2014
ikeola6: All this 200level students too dey form oh,see the way she's carrying herself like Angela Merkel smh...... Oya which dept are you in oh "beautiful lady"
crop protection o
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2014
Okay my here is my take on admission transparency
Admission process in Nigeria is not just shady but also shambolic and Funaab happens to be among the schools characterized by a shady process.
Firstly,Funaab does not release cut off marks for the courses they want to admit people to and I find it degrading for a school of such status not to do so when Conventional universities like UI,Unilag and OAU are doing so,why can't Funaab?
Secondly,why should candidates enter their jamb reg no to check their names in the list when you can put the list with names,scores etc of these prospective candidates on your website or is the website for designing purpose?
I've never trusted Funaab's admission process right from 2011 during Professor Balogun's tenure till today,and still the secretive admission process is still in use.

Let me leave Funaab alone jare, the only school where students opinions are not to be heard,the only school where students are not the number one priority of the school even a driver can make a student get expelled for a stupid reason and when the driver is at fault for that matter, the only school where you guard your words when talking about the school management.
Still I remain a Funaabite, 2 years more and I leave this autocratic system....

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 02, 2014
bobbyspeed: 8

Smiles
baba, use style click her name make you see for ya sef.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 02, 2014
pellycute: ..lol..lemme clearify things.. I'm in 200level,nt a fresher,I'm a xtian..nt a muslim.nd I dunno hw ure monitorin me o cos dis z d third tym I'll be postin on dis thread...nd d guys z ryt,I'm beautiful..thanks dear dammex.
Now I get why your face was familiar, I've seen before.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 02, 2014
ikeola6: Okay my here is my take on admission transparency
Admission process in Nigeria is not just shady but also shambolic and Funaab happens to be among the schools characterized by a shady process.
Firstly,Funaab does not release cut off marks for the courses they want to admit people to and I find it degrading for a school of such status not to do so when Conventional universities like UI,Unilag and OAU are doing so,why can't Funaab?
Secondly,why should candidates enter their jamb reg no to check their names in the list when you can put the list with names,scores etc of these prospective candidates on your website or is the website for designing purpose?
I've never trusted Funaab's admission process right from 2011 during Professor Balogun's tenure till today,and still the secretive admission process is still in use.

Let me leave Funaab alone jare, the only school where students opinions are not to be heard,the only school where students are not the number one priority of the school even a driver can make a student get expelled for a stupid reason and when the driver is at fault for that matter, the only school where you guard your words when talking about the school management.
the only school Where security guard can beat the hell out of a student and still punish the student
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by pellycute(f): 11:04am On Oct 02, 2014
Damex333: Now I get why your face was familiar, I've seen before.
yes yes.. ,probably
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by wanderlust007(m): 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
pellycute: yes yes.. ,probably
no wonder they say d higher institution is a community on its own... nt seen dis face b4.. guys... how has been ur day?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by rkarang: 1:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
ikeola6: Okay my here is my take on admission transparency

I'm very much sorry for quoting this long post, I strongly hope you're going to over look it reader.

One thing that amazes me in folks with objective mind is that they don't allow sentiment/personal feelings to cloud their assessment.

A university with a low carrying capacity coupled with abnormalities/irregularities.

There has never been a perfect system, however we have a relatively better settings in some institutions

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (370) (Reply)

2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread / 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.