Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Hubby Won't Talk To Me. - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hubby Won't Talk To Me. (43237 Views)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / Hubby Caught Me Using Contraceptives!!! / Her Husband Won't Talk To Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by qtx(m): 10:51am On Jan 04, 2014
shoerack6:
I don't even want to explain what happened cos if I do, u people will help me insult him.
Ok, let me explain. Hubby is a tribalist. He said he doesn't like me speaking this particular language and that's the language I use when communicating with my family.
So yesterday, my aunty called. I tried as much as possible not to speak this language so was just answering her hun, ehn ehn but at the same time I don't want him to think i'm talking with someone I don't want him to know, so I decided to ask after her son in the language. That's where the trouble started oo.
I'm so sick and tired of all this. When I tried begging, he asked me to leave his presence and that was when I asked him if he was trying to frustrate me. He now said these days that my mouth is becoming too sharp and even threatened to slap me.

Ok i think am beginning to have an idea of what is happening. but to start with are you guys from the same tribe or you are from a diff tribe with him so you speak your own tribal language which is causing the disagreement?
If you answer these questions i will have a clearer understanding to be able to offer my advise.
stay blessed.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Sagamite(m): 10:56am On Jan 04, 2014
shoerack6: Hello house,

Whenever I have disagreement with hubby, he'll decide not to talk to me. He won't eat my food and also will not sleep on the same bed with me. I'll have to beg and beg before he finally decides to talk to me.
I'm so sick and tired of his attitude. I tried discussing with him that we should look for a better way to resolve issues but he said he doesn't want to discuss anything with me.
We are presently not talking and have promised myself that this year, no more begging and begging. Have apologised to him like thrice since yesterday, i've sent him messages apologising even though I know that i've done nothing wrong.
Now i'm always in my room because even when I go to where he is, he'll stand up and leave d place.
This is killing me inside. Don't know what to do.
Pls mature advice only.
Mod pls I don't want this thread on front page.

If you have not done nothing wrong and your husband is refusing to talk to you, then you are married to a mad man.

If that is the case, I will suggest you get out of the marriage ASAP.

But I am sure that it not the case, so you better re-evaluate yourself more objectively.

With that attitude of "I have not done anything wrong", yet someone is pissed enough not to want to talk to you, then I think I don't blame the guy not wanting to talk to you and just ignoring you.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by haryourbarmeah(f): 11:08am On Jan 04, 2014
It is only an immature man that does not eat his wife's food when he is angry with her.You can be angry with ur wife but never stay angry for a long time,it breaks ur marriage.Just pray to God to touch his heart and if there is anybody he respects and looks up to e.g your pastor,you can tell him about it and he can talk to your husband about it.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by qtx(m): 11:09am On Jan 04, 2014
Sagamite:

If you have not done nothing wrong and your husband is refusing to talk to you, then you are married to a mad man.

If that is the case, I will suggest you get out of the marriage ASAP.

But I am sure that it not the case, so you better re-evaluate yourself more objectively.

With that attitude of "I have not done anything wrong", yet someone is pissed enough not to want to talk to you, then I think I don't blame the guy not wanting to talk to you and just ignoring you.
Are you sure you are married? get out of which marriage ASAP?
From this your comment it shows you are far from being married. i dont blame you. e easy?
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by sammY2075: 11:10am On Jan 04, 2014
Poster I'm not trying to b biased,but ur religion approves of a man getting more than 1 wife and that been the case your ultmost poiority now should be taking care of your children and also as a gradute I'll advice U go for service since U are married nysc will post U to anywia ur family is,serve get dt discharge certificate have a career a U'll definity see the difference and then U'll actually have a say..Gone are d days wen women are kept at home.So my dear still remain a good wife but don't allow ur rights to b voilated..I pray d best comes out of ur marriage
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Sagamite(m): 11:12am On Jan 04, 2014
qtx:
Are you sure you are married? get out of which marriage ASAP?
From this your comment it shows you are far from being married. i dont blame you. e easy?

You are on point!
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Sagamite(m): 11:19am On Jan 04, 2014
haryourbarmeah: It is only an immature man that does not eat his wife's food when he is angry with her.You can be angry with ur wife but never stay angry for a long time,it breaks ur marriage.Just pray to God to touch his heart and if there is anybody he respects and looks up to e.g your pastor,you can tell him about it and he can talk to your husband about it.

And I guess you will say a mature man kisses his wife's arsse irrespective of what she did.

Real man training!
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by MrAboki: 11:26am On Jan 04, 2014
shoerack6: Hello house,

Whenever I have disagreement with hubby, he'll decide not to talk to me. He won't eat my food and also will not sleep on the same bed with me. I'll have to beg and beg before he finally decides to talk to me.
I'm so sick and tired of his attitude. I tried discussing with him that we should look for a better way to resolve issues but he said he doesn't want to discuss anything with me.
We are presently not talking and have promised myself that this year, no more begging and begging. Have apologised to him like thrice since yesterday, i've sent him messages apologising even though I know that i've done nothing wrong.
Now i'm always in my room because even when I go to where he is, he'll stand up and leave d place.
This is killing me inside. Don't know what to do.
Pls mature advice only.
Mod pls I don't want this thread on front page.

Argh!! This is serious o!!

I used to do same to my wife (the not talking part only, but not the walking away or not eating) but she would just ignore me and continue to play with me like nothing happened and now I cant seem to do it anymore.

I really don't know what advice to give you..

Please just keep at it. No begging.. Just treat him like a grown up baby. That's what my wife used to cure me. Cook him a nice meal and keep working at peace from a light angle. That is a really bad habit that he needs to grow out of.

I thank God that I have stopped that kind of foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by BlossomP: 11:26am On Jan 04, 2014
Op, I can identify with ur predicament.Some years back I was in a relationship where the burden of maintaining peace rested squarely on my shoulders. I had to keep apologising both for my slips and his wrongdoings just to maintain a peaceful atmosphere. There were clear evidence of cheating on his part but I was never antagonistic. I sensed he was begining to take my amicable nature for granted, hence I called it quits.

Did u not see signs of his curret behaviour during courtship? Whateever bad signs u ignore during courtship are most llikely to resurface during marriage with increased force. Now that u are already married, try and make d most of it. If u notice that a particular reaction of yours yields no result, try another. If continually begging him makes him more hardened, then apologise once (if u did wrong) and leave it that way. Go about your normals day's activity acting oblivious of his mood. Serve him food at meal times. If he refuses to eat, don't rant. Quietly return d meal back to d kitchen. But always remember not to make him feel u are upset or hurt by his actions. I tell u, after a while he will advise himself and start behaving normal.

Wish u d best!

1 Like

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Mekyno(m): 11:30am On Jan 04, 2014
shoerack6:
The most annoying thing is that he understands this dialect, but can't speak well.
d solution mayb psychiatric........he has OLD.....obsessive language disorder
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Mekyno(m): 11:43am On Jan 04, 2014
shoerack6: The most painful part is when it comes to begging. I can stand for 1 hour begging him.
Just how many days ago, he was angry that my aunty's husband called me.
He's so jealous and practically controls my life. If not that I already have kids, I would have asked him to divorce me.
He has another wife (i'm the first) so whenever he's not talking to me, he'll just face the other wife and abandon me. This breaks me down.

no wonder aaaah.....no ur tokin....dats y his feelin lyk a king or biblical solomon? I laff
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by nwgoziri(m): 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
Mynd_44: Childish husband. He drops money for food and refuses to eat. Smh
U R D CHILD....Dropin moni 4food is his respnsibilty,ok
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by seun1995: 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2014
Dont get it twisted,love is a beautiful tin.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by uzornoble: 12:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
@poster, pls never get tired of begging if u are still interested in ur marriage. That u are always begging even when u are not wrong does not mean u are a fool but simply because u value ur love more than ur ego. pls try and amend on all the things that always pissess him off and improve on ur attitude. For me i will prefer a man who refuses to talk to me when he is angry to a man who will roar and hits me at every slight provocation. Just try and make a change and then try to change him........pls be prayerful.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Tunbolity(m): 12:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
shoerack6: It's today I know we have useless moderators. Even when you give them instructions, they don't adhere to it.
Madam! You want your problem to be solved and you don't want it to take front page? You've got alotta issues if I must tell you the truth.I would not have read this if it was not on front page. More so,this is just like a blog in which you put attractive stories on the headline and which yours is one of them. I can see through your profile that you are new to Nairaland but atleast, you should know that as people comment,it makes the story more popular and thereby attracting other commentators hence,the need to hit the headline...I believe,in all, you would have picked one or two worthy advices here cos thats the basic instead of complaining about hitting the front page afterall,your pic is not there if you are concern about protecting your identity.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by crazymommy(f): 12:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
uzornoble: @poster, pls never get tired of begging if u are still interested in ur marriage. That u are always begging even when u are not wrong does not mean u are a fool but simply because u value ur love more than ur ego. pls try and amend on all the things that always pissess him off and improve on ur attitude. For me i will prefer a man who refuses to talk to me when he is angry to a man who will roar and hits me at every slight provocation. Just try and make a change and then try to change him........pls be prayerful.
i think the OP begged and begged still the husband did not change and that was why she brought the case to nairaland,in as much as i like a man to stay calm with his wife i feel silent treatment for a long time might be bad,but we humans nothing can really satisfy us though,if he keeps silent we will complain if he talks again we will complain,but i think the OP husband needs to grow up and show his wife love,care and be responsible to his kids,the moment i discovered that the OP husband married another wife then i knew that the marriage will be faced with so much problem,i personally was born into a polygamous family,my mum is the first wife ,trust me i know the dangers of polygamous marriages,that is why since when i was a child i have always vowed and prayed that i will never support a polygamous marriage because most times it ends in a violent way.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by crazymommy(f): 12:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
uzornoble: @poster, pls never get tired of begging if u are still interested in ur marriage. That u are always begging even when u are not wrong does not mean u are a fool but simply because u value ur love more than ur ego. pls try and amend on all the things that always pissess him off and improve on ur attitude. For me i will prefer a man who refuses to talk to me when he is angry to a man who will roar and hits me at every slight provocation. Just try and make a change and then try to change him........pls be prayerful.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by kandiikane(m): 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2014
Bantino: If you offend him, ensure that you appologise accordingly. If the cause of your misunderstanding is not your fault, ignore him for a while, ensure you prepare his food even when he refuses to eat.

If you guys don't have kids yet, wear some skimpy cloths at home, and try so many ways of seducing him without talking to him.

Walk out of the bathroom unclad most times, he may behave as if he's not noticing your moves, just continue. To break him, at night, just pretend to feel cold and tell him to hold you, beleive me, he will gladly hold you and from there one thing leads to another.

When you guys are done making love then you can have a 'brief discussion' with him concerning his attitude, Bleep him after the discussion then sleep off. If you get it right, he will change with time and learn how to talk issues over.

Lol nice one.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by kandiikane(m): 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
shoerack6:
Thanks for your advice but the thing is we have separate room but when it's time to sleep he comes to my room. So practically, when he's angry, he'll decide to sleep in his room.
Yes I have two kids. I've stopped cooking for him whenever is angry cos if I see d food there on the table, I get more heart broken.

Separate rooms? Are you in a polygamous marriage.?
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by hamzeiy: 1:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
@BABYy mama....and @ OP..why u day fear islam room nw...abi you think say we go send u nairaland electronic bomb...or rather because you no pple in d room would discover ur false story and proofs....i dun day park my quran keep 4 wan syd sef as i tnk say u actually get proof wch i no there is non.....i for dun liv islam tay tay (aa udhu biLahi)....tcheww,...

......@ Op...my sincere advice to u is to meet ur husband and have a chat with him...let him know u dnt like his methods of showin his anger....talk to other married women nd family membrs to give u gud nd sincere advice...as people hia on nairaland are hardlly serous with matter like ds.....i dnt knw y you wud post ur marriage challenges on s.media its not advisable as u wud come across a lot of people dt have nothin to offer.....talk to ur hussy,avoid things that mke him do those things u dnt like and if its un avoidable like d case of talkin to ur family on phone..xplain things to him....a sensible man shud listen to u...above all pray 4 Allah,s help on the matter...wishin u d best in ur marriage lyf
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by kandiikane(m): 1:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
ileobatojo:

More twists and turns? grin

Superstory tinz.
grin

I guess my previous question has been answered.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by warrior101: 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
36 likes for this dry comment? Wow

@topic- madam, I think he wants you to fear him. you're standing up to him too much or/and he's cheating on you...

Mynd_44: Childish husband. He drops money for food and refuses to eat. Smh
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by kandiikane(m): 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
shoerack6:
Lol at additives. But when will all these stop. I'm actually tired but don't want to leave because of my kids.
Stop using your kids as an excuse to your unhappiness. If you want to leave, leave and have your kids visit the father every week or stay over.

*rollseyes*
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Arewaswagga: 2:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
@OP, my candid advice is dat u shudnt giv up yet. Be prayerfl abt it & try as much as u can to avoid makin him angry/upset. I guess he is an introvert cos dts hw most introverts display their anger/annoyance. Also, u can involv a 3rd person into d issue bt such a person must be sm1 whom ur hubby respects soo much or revers. Be nice to him & dont distnce urself frm him pls.
Finally ma, u better nt get tired of sayin sorry if realli u want peace in ur home. My ppl hav an adage dat goes thus, "mata mai na-tuba ba ta rasa miji" "any woman dat alwys says sori can never lack/lose a hubby".
(my 2cents)
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by gabbytabby: 2:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
Mr Aboki:

Argh!! This is serious o!!

I used to do same to my wife (the not talking part only, but not the walking away or not eating) but she would just ignore me and continue to play with me like nothing happened and now I cant seem to do it anymore.

I really don't know what advice to give you..

Please just keep at it. No begging.. Just treat him like a grown up baby. That's what my wife used to cure me. Cook him a nice meal and keep working at peace from a light angle. That is a really bad habit that he needs to grow out of.

I thank God that I have stopped that kind of foolishness.

I am all for this treatment as he is totally being childish. Find the right happy time to discuss this with him and begging does not solve it.

You have to help him act more like a grown man and not submit to his immaturity. Make the food and serve it for a day if he does not eat it then still make the food and tell him to let you know when he is ready and you serve it. Talk to him as usual but if you notice that he is getting verbally abusive or aggressive leave him alone.

If he understands your language then there is no reason why he should be upset that you are speaking to your family. If he does not understand then make an effort to speak a neutral language that you both understand and only limit your language to elders from your family who might not understand any other language. He married someone from a different tribe and needs to learn to deal with it.

In a polygamous setting he is at an advantage as he can ignore you and concentrate on the other partners and you need to find a way to deal with this aspect of your life. When you say I do you need to be realistic about what you are agreeing to do.

I wish you well.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by babaisale01(m): 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
I'm a guy, and I don't like talking when I'm upset. Its normal for some people. I'd suggest you stop disturbing him when he's upset. Just send him a text saying how sorry you are and leave it there. When he feels like talking, he'll come to you himself. At least, this is how I would react.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by meekhat: 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
My advice to you is to resort to Jesus Christ. You need Him in your life my sister. Believe me, Jesus will take care of every aspect of your life including your marriage.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by alakuna: 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
my dear, ur case is not strange. Most women faced such mostly in the 1st year of marriage. If you hav not given birth to a baby for him, cool down. As soon as dat happens, he will change n wil even be the one to beg you. Babies tend to soften most hard men. I'm talking frm experienc and keep on praying. He will change. For now when he does dat, I know its not easy but try n occupy ur mind wit some other things and stopp begging him mostly if you ar not the one @ fault. Goodluck
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Arewaswagga: 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
Baby mama:

That was your first post
I was about to respond and offer my advice until you hit me with this shocked shocked

U
Then I am thinking,there is still some hope here
When I read

And just before I was fully recovered from the first posts you said this shocked shocked shocked

And also shocked shocked shocked

And then about your co wife you said

Then back to the situation you said

Then as I was getting a good grasp of the situation I said hmm
A Muslim woman with two kids for a tribalist polygamist who controls her every move including her associations with family members on the phone.
A man who gets angry ,with violent tendencies and doesn't care reconciling since there is a spare wife around
A man she knows in her heart she ought to leave
what did this wife say shocked shocked shocked

Maybe I don't know the definition of good
Everything you described here is far from good my dear
Read the highlights
You better wake up
This time next year there could be two other wives
If you think it is hot now,wait till then
There is no advice anyone can give you regarding being happy in a polygamous home
You can never be happy married to a man that you will be lying in bed and hearing moans from your fellow woman across the hallway
No woman born of a woman would tell me she enjoys that
There is no incentive whatsoever for this man to be good to you
He doesn't miss you when you have a disagreement
There is a readily available alternative right under your roof
If he doesn't eat your food,he will eat hers
If both of you are in the dog house,he goes outside to the potential 3rd wife
A polygamous man can never be committed to you and can never be faithful
You can't demand or have all of him,bits of him are everywhere,
The mere fact that he couldn't stick with you as his one and only speaks of his unfaithfulness and lack of commitment
He is allowed to play you all,if he couldn't he will stick with you and work things out with you.
You have two and half options

1. Either stay and collect the little attention he gives you and spend 12 hours of your day begging for love like an Almajiri begging for alms

Or

2. You insist that you want to find you a proper job starting with going for NYSC

Or

2.5 get you a little "undercover lover" to "tidy sequences" when he is doing inyanga ( this is me speaking without the Holy Spirit) grin

No 2 advice is because ,when or if he meets your demand and divorces you ,he may also repossess the so called business he opened for you
So whatever you have with his name on it,is still his including the roof over your head.
He will keep the children and they will become boi boi for the other wives or you get custody but no money to take care of you or them. Islam may permit polygamy,it doesn't mandate polygamy so any man that tells you he is doing it because Islam permits him is using it as a cop out for his infidelity.

wowww! Me likey dis post gaskiya.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by chucky234(m): 3:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
shoerack6:
I don't even want to explain what happened cos if I do, u people will help me insult him.
Ok, let me explain. Hubby is a tribalist. He said he doesn't like me speaking this particular language and that's the language I use when communicating with my family.
So yesterday, my aunty called. I tried as much as possible not to speak this language so was just answering her hun, ehn ehn but at the same time I don't want him to think i'm talking with someone I don't want him to know, so I decided to ask after her son in the language. That's where the trouble started oo.
I'm so sick and tired of all this. When I tried begging, he asked me to leave his presence and that was when I asked him if he was trying to frustrate me. He now said these days that my mouth is becoming too sharp and even threatened to slap me.
Your hubby a tribalist? He must be a permanent resident of NL politics section, put him on the phone let me talk some senses into his tribal brain.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by titomontana(f): 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
Madam please don't try seduction it won't help becos he has another woman and also note that ignoring him won't do much either becos he has others to turn to.

As per ur NYSC if u aint nursing u can make enquiries at their secretariat u might need it in the future even if u don't want to work for any organisation.

Try ur best to build ur business and save up to payback the capital he invested and if the business is not in ur name start working towards building a business that is solely urs becos u aint the only wife. Asides securing ur children's future, u will be happy when u see what u achieved.

Finally be the best wife u can be to him in good and bad times

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

5 Generations Of Beautiful Nigerian Women (Photo) / Lady Heartbroken After Her Kid Sister Married Her Husband / Father Forces 13-Year-Old Daughter To Marry 56-Year-Old Man With 3 Wives In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.