Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian (1886 Views)

Download 2go Version 4.5.1 By 2go Team With Screenshots Java And Symbian / Best Websites To Download Hd Symbian Games And Apps? / Java And Symbian Users Can Now Download Any Jar File With Ease! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by physise(m): 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2014
Nokia announced in October it will be ending all
developer support for MeeGo and Symbian on
January 1, 2014. Well, the deadline has passed
and the Ovi Store won't accept any more apps.
Nokia announced the end of the era via the
official Symbian Team account on Twitter.
That was it; we are officially closed. Thank
you all for the past years!
— Symbian Signed Team (@SymbianSigned)
January 2, 2014
In case you've missed the news, the dropped
MeeGo/Symbian support and app publishing
means developers will be no longer capable of
pushing new apps or updates in the Ovi Store.
They will continue to receive revenue from their
apps, of course, and all currently available apps in
the Store will remain available for download.
So, if you are interested the Ovi Store is still open
and your device isn't rendered worthless just yet.
But maybe, just maybe, it's about time you
jumped ship.

source:gsmarena

Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 03, 2014
*exclaims* KAAII!
so you mean my faulty nokia C6-01 is'nt worthy to be fixed?
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by physise(m): 9:01am On Jan 03, 2014
awesome99: *exclaims* KAAII!
so you mean my faulty nokia C6-01 is'nt worthy to be fixed?
still worthy

bt dnt expect any new apps on ovi store
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by wheesin(m): 9:55am On Jan 03, 2014
Never got d chance to use this badboy.. welll fair well old man

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by stonemind(f): 10:02am On Jan 03, 2014
space reserved in case of incasity.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 03, 2014
physise: still worthy

bt dnt expect any new apps on ovi store
*EXCLAIMS* KAAII!! .ARU EME.it has happened finally

1 Like

Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 03, 2014
wheesin: Never got d chance to use this badboy.. welll fair well old man
OGA you miss sha

1 Like

Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by Archangels1: 10:14am On Jan 03, 2014
life is funny. a few months ago i craved to use nokia c7 and even offered a guy 20k for it but he refused then along came tecno which changed the landscape of smartphones in nigeria.... farewell symbian. i flexed u while u lasted. still miss my coreplayer though

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by Habidab: 10:59am On Jan 03, 2014
I bid fairwell to you(NOKIA SYMBIAN),one of my long strict used gagdet but now I don upgrade to Both BB and Droid things

1 Like

Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by Lionbite(m): 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ladies and gentlemen what we are witnessing is an important phase in the evolution of smartphones.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by OCTAVO: 12:38am On Jan 04, 2014
Lionbite: Ladies and gentlemen what we are witnessing is an important phase in the evolution of smartphones.
Oh yeah!

1 Like

Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by Nobody: 1:59am On Jan 04, 2014
Nice move
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by Sirgen05(m): 2:57am On Jan 04, 2014
We're now in the world Android and blackberry phones!
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by ibietela2(m): 4:44am On Jan 04, 2014
Chai
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by krugar07(m): 6:48am On Jan 04, 2014
runzlord: Nice move
why?
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 04, 2014
krugar07: why?
It makes them concentrate more on lumia
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
runzlord:
somehow true
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by physise(m): 10:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
Sirgen05: We're now in the world Android and blackberry phones!
android and ios
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
Sirgen05: We're now in the world Android and blackberry iOS phones!
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by Marvyx(m): 11:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
Airtel bb subscription seems not to work in my techno p5 but works in my c5. make i hear say i throway this phone cool...totally luv dia products.. Cant wait 4 d Nokia android 2 cum awt.
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by physise(m): 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
Marvyx: Airtel bb subscription seems not to work in my techno p5 but works in my c5. make i hear say i throway this phone cool...totally luv dia products.. Cant wait 4 d Nokia android 2 cum awt.
No nokia android(might be a rumour)
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by physise(m): 12:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
runzlord:
yea
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by omoalayo(m): 3:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
physise: yea
Lumia is no longer owbed by Nokia...bt Microsoft
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by omoalayo(m): 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
physise: yea
Lumia is no longer owned by Nokia...bt Microsoft
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by omobone(m): 3:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
Archangels1: life is funny. a few months ago i craved to use nokia c7 and even offered a guy 20k for it but he refused then along came tecno which changed the landscape of smartphones in nigeria.... farewell symbian. i flexed u while u lasted. still miss my coreplayer though
You haven't used MX-Player bro
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by Youngpo413: 4:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
Eyaaaa
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by samsard(m): 4:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
Complicated OS.
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
samsard: Complicated OS.
SECONDED
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by physise(m): 11:11am On Jan 06, 2014
omoalayo: Lumia is no longer owned by Nokia...bt Microsoft
sure
Re: Nokia Waves Final Goodbye To meego And Symbian by Defaramade(m): 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
R.i.p symbian

(1) (Reply)

Sharp Aquos Crystal 'edge-less' Smartphone! / Transfer Contacts And SMS From Samsung Galaxy To Iphone 6s/iphone 6 / The First Cheapest MTK6737 Phone In The World: HOMTOM HT17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.