Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Lafayette(love Her, Yet) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lafayette(love Her, Yet) (500 Views)

Why I Love Her So Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lafayette(love Her, Yet) by MzExpose: 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
[/left]i want to kill her. Yes I want to, to squeeze her neck so bad, to make her eyes pop out like a disney character, i wanna see her blood run through my fingers in long, long, lines. I wanna feel her body go limp, watch her eyes become deadened, hear the last breath she takes before it all ends.

[left]
She doesnt know me, she has never noticed me, been coming to this cafe for 8months and she has never even looked at me! She just takes her usual order of coffee and muffins and sits down with the morning newspaper open in front of her. Today, its The Times, yesterday, she bought The Daily Mirror, she comes here everyday, same chair, same order, coffee, three sugars and milk, gets here seven am and leaves eight am for her shop. Like clockwork, she leaves her house forty minutes past six, walks for seven minutes to the Newstand across main street, chats with the paper guy while she peruses the news of the day before making her selection for five minutes, then walks for eight minutes to the cafe and she always gets there seven am, not a minute earlier, not a minute late.

I have to kill her, i have to! Such beauty, such order, such perfection, such discipline is unnatural. I just wish she would look at me once! She talks to other regulars in the cafe, i even overheard them talking about a book club she's starting. She invited everyone but me. I'm serious, i'm not exaggerating or over-reacting here, she invited literally everyone, even Jim the waiter, i mean seriously? The guy's barely literate! Sometimes he gets even the simplest order mixed up. Just the other day, he brought me 2cubes of sugar instead of my usual standing order of I and half cubes of sugar( who does that?) and she invited him! Thats just so disrespectful!

The other regulars, Doug, Courtney and Patrick, they come in at different times. Sometimes Doug takes his coffee and cookies here, sometimes he takes them in a doggy bag. He's a realtor, once i stood behind him in the line and his business card fell on the floor, i picked it up and tried to give it back but he asked me to keep it. Always wearing black suits with ties that look like they were made in boringville, and a very creepy smile( sorta like Joker's).

Courtney, she's an aspiring actress, left her small town to the big city, hoping to find a break that'll make her the next Angelina Jolie, yeah right! She's a walking cliche . But reality doesnt work that way so she does a lil strip-dancing to help her pay the rent i presume. I dont really know much about her, i only know about the stripping 'cos i once overheard Archie telling tom that she gave him a lapdance for free. I figure she stops at the cafe for coffee on her way back from work. She's always here when i come in, i dont really like her, she's always smiling and laughing(creepy anyone?).

Now Patrick, he is an interesting one. Never repeats an order, reads only Danielle Steele Novels, always on Jeans and Tweeds( yeah,i never thought they could go together till i met him) and for some reason, the only guy that is allowed to smoke in here. Also he's the only regular that talks to me.

And Kimberly, oh Kimberly. She has eyes so deep, i feel like i could get lost in them. Look at her smile, wait....where did she go? She was here just a minute ago, i cant believe i lost her....

"Hi"

I paused,

"Hi" the voice repeated again

I turned around, and there she was.

(1) (Reply)

Heartbreakers Dirge / Improvisation,nigeria Culture / Solve The Riddle......help Us Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.