Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,159 members, 7,780,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:58 AM

Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. (831 Views)

Opinion: Imminent Internet Outage For Infected Computers on 9th July / Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? / Computer Literacy and Uses of Computers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by emerem: 10:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
Over the years we have been loosing our valuables in cash and information due to malwares or computer mal-functions, bearing this in mind, I created this topic so we can assist ourselves in solving some PC related issues. Feel free to drop any problem you have with your system here so we can help fix it. Thank you and remain blessed.
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by Ukeachu1(m): 10:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
dvd drive wont open.it also does not appear on the my computer window
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
Ukeachu1: dvd drive wont open.it also does not appear on the my computer window
I don't know if u can find ur way to unscrew d dvd drive from d board. Remove it and blow out any dust particle u can find there. Then re-insert it to d slot again. I tink it shud work if not replace it.
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by emerem: 12:18am On Jan 03, 2014
Ukeachu1: dvd drive wont open.it also does not appear on the my computer window

Sometimes it can be caused by malware, insurficient hard disk space or the dvd connector cord. What does it do when you slot, does it signify light, with slight shake as in it is working? Tell me all these then I will tell you how to troubleshoot it. Till then, remain blessed.
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by Ukeachu1(m): 9:15am On Jan 03, 2014
emerem:

Sometimes it can be caused by malware, insurficient hard disk space or the dvd connector cord. What does it do when you slot, does it signify light, with slight shake as in it is working? Tell me all these then I will tell you how to troubleshoot it. Till then, remain blessed.

I cant slot cos it wont even open.
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by Dondave11: 2:13pm On Jan 03, 2014
My laptop does not power.
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by digitite: 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2014
Dondave11: My laptop does not power.

Check the battery, charger to see if either is down. Or take it to a PC technician to check the power source.

1 Like

Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by segzytemi(m): 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2014
The problem is my keyboard and wlan... Sometimes the keyboard function and most times it doesn't work at all. And pls, i dont know if their is a way i can change my keyboard... And pertaining to the wlan, i think i tampered with the network when trying to connect to another system, since then, i couldn't use it again....Thanks so much.
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by slap1(m): 9:35pm On Jan 03, 2014
A friend's laptop has refused to load Windows. It'a Hp with Windows 8. The error information on the screen reads:

Can't find script engine ''VBScript'' for script ''X:\Rita Tool\GetUsedLang.vbs''.

Please what can be done? I want to format it with Windows 7. Is there another option? Timely response will be appreciated. Thanks!
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by alasco1(m): 10:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
pls, my laptop just begin to show white screen and the window is still loading. what could be the possible cause?
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by cheerios: 7:55am On Jan 04, 2014
emerem: Over the years we have been loosing our valuables in cash and information due to malwares or computer mal-functions, bearing this in mind, I created this topic so we can assist ourselves in solving some PC related issues. Feel free to drop any problem you have with your system here so we can help fix it. Thank you and remain blessed.

Pls my laptop is a Dell inspiron 15, with 2gig Ram, 150gig hard disk..it has been acting funny since I got it(almostnew)..when I shut it down it takes forever to go off..and also if I load up certain hd games it does play..wat do I do? Moreover it runs vista which I think is sluggish..do I need to install windows 7 to make it work better? And if I intend upgrading d ram how much will it cost? Will upgrading d ram allow me play games?Thank u..
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by emerem: 9:24am On Jan 04, 2014
cheerios:

Pls my laptop is a Dell inspiron 15, with 2gig Ram, 150gig hard disk..it has been acting funny since I got it(almostnew)..when I shut it down it takes forever to go off..and also if I load up certain hd games it does play..wat do I do? Moreover it runs vista which I think is sluggish..do I need to install windows 7 to make it work better? And if I intend upgrading d ram how much will it cost? Will upgrading d ram allow me play games?Thank u..
some programs like Adobe, antiviruses etc are made to run in the background though hidden, and can slow ur system. To solve this all you need do is: click on start menu, type in MSCONFIG in the run window or search window. Click on it, disable all those ticked programs, restart your pc, it will improve. The programs you disabled will still work just that they won't be running to slow ur system. Another thing is to run difragments to remove some corrupt or damaged programs. Try these things and get back to me. Thanks.
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by emerem: 9:24am On Jan 04, 2014
cheerios:

some programs like Adobe, antiviruses etc are made to run in the background though hidden, and can slow ur system. To solve this all you need do is: click on start menu, type in MSCONFIG in the run window or search window. Click on it, disable all those ticked programs, restart your pc, it will improve. The programs you disabled will still work just that they won't be running to slow ur system. Another thing is to run difragments to remove some corrupt or damaged programs. Try these things and get back to me. Thanks.
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by emerem: 9:25am On Jan 04, 2014
cheerios:

Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by emerem: 9:25am On Jan 04, 2014
cheerios:

Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by emerem: 9:26am On Jan 04, 2014
cheerios:

Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by emerem: 9:33am On Jan 04, 2014
Ukeachu1:

I cant slot cos it wont even open.
unscrew it if u can, clean the lens, check the power source if it didnt solve it, get a new one.
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by SHALLREIGN(m): 10:44am On Jan 04, 2014
emerem: Over the years we have been loosing our valuables in cash and information due to malwares or computer mal-functions, bearing this in mind, I created this topic so we can assist ourselves in solving some PC related issues. Feel free to drop any problem you have with your system here so we can help fix it. Thank you and remain blessed.

Nice one bro. for one week now, my system has become another thing. the battery decreases while charging it and when it gets to 0% the system goes off. in fast the charging lights shows completely that the system is charging , while the battery icon writes "plugged in, charging". I have changed and tried several chargers but still the same thing. I bought new battery yet the same problem persists. pls what can I do o
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by cheerios: 10:55am On Jan 04, 2014
emerem:

Tanx for ur help..I did as u instructed and it worked but lost sound. ..all sounds were disable. If I play video it will be mute. .while itunes cudnt play music at all..N.b concerning d fragments u mensioned I dont understand..expectin ur response tanx
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by emerem: 12:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
cheerios:

Tanx for ur help..I did as u instructed and it worked but lost sound. ..all sounds were disable. If I play video it will be mute. .while itunes cudnt play music at all..N.b concerning d fragments u mensioned I dont understand..expectin ur response tanx
not to worry, the sound has been muted, kindly go to control panel, click on sound setting and check if it is enabled or disabled, enable it. Another way is to go back to the msconfig, check on the sound and the itunes, after using them, go back and disable it ( itunes) hence it is aiding in slowing your system. To difragment (get more space), go to: Menu, open accessories, go to system tools, you will see it. Once clicked, it will free some corrupt files in your system, though I suggest you don't do this urself hence u are not familiar with it. Enjoy.
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by emerem: 1:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
SHALLREIGN:

Nice one bro. for one week now, my system has become another thing. the battery decreases while charging it and when it gets to 0% the system goes off. in fast the charging lights shows completely that the system is charging , while the battery icon writes "plugged in, charging". I have changed and tried several chargers but still the same thing. I bought new battery yet the same problem persists. pls what can I do o
bros you forgot to tell me which type of system. Ok, some times it can be caused by a particular dios or ic in the mother board, get a technician to test and change it for you. If properly repaired you will start using the former batteries you changed. Goodluck.
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by emerem: 1:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
segzytemi: The problem is my keyboard and wlan... Sometimes the keyboard function and most times it doesn't work at all. And pls, i dont know if their is a way i can change my keyboard... And pertaining to the wlan, i think i tampered with the network when trying to connect to another system, since then, i couldn't use it again....Thanks so much.
Dear, you can use built-in kboard, on emergency, but I suggest you get a usb keyboard instead of circuit hence it performs better. As for the wlan, there are different settings for certain systems, so go online, Google it and check which setting suits your system. Good luck.
Re: Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. by segzytemi(m): 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
emerem:
Dear, you can use built-in kboard, on emergency, but I suggest you get a usb keyboard instead of circuit hence it performs better. As for the wlan, there are different settings for certain systems, so go online, Google it and check which setting suits your system. Good luck.

that is what I'm using for emergency but i don't know if there is a way to repair it or better still to get another one and for the wlan, i don't know if driving it could solve the problem... Thanks for your time

(1) (Reply)

Ideal Laptop For A 60k Budget? / Why Is Wazobia Linux Distro Discontinued? / My WD Ultra 1TB External Hard Drive Is Not Responding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.