Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper (1881 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Wins Ligue 1 Team Of The Year Award For Best Goalkeeper / Europe's Best Penalty Takers In The World Of Football / Vincent Enyeama Is Man Of The Match For the 2nd time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by mikwayne(m): 11:25pm On Jan 02, 2014
Statistics shows that Vincent Enyeama is the best goalkeeper in the major leagues across Europe in the 2013/14 football season.

Painstaking research by supersport.com proves that the ratio of saves made to goals conceded by the Nigerian is by far and away the most impressive, compared to any goalkeeper at any football club in any of Europe’s top leagues this season.

The 31-year-old conceded eight goals in 19 league appearances for Lille OSC this season and was voted best player in Ligue 1 on two consecutive occasions ahead of stellar individuals like Thiago Silva, Edinson Cavani, Mathieu Valbuena, Radamel Falcao and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Enyeama’s saves made to goals conceded ratio stands at seven, well ahead those of established goalkeepers like Victor Valdés (FC Barcelona), Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus) and Morgan de Sanctis (AS Roma).

Valdés’ saves made to goals conceded ratio in the 13 league games he played for FC Barcelona this season stands at 4.4 while Neuer’s in his 16 Bundesliga games this season was pegged at 3.9.

Italy, the land famous for tight defences, catenaccio and legendary goalkeepers produced the fourth and fifth best stoppers using statistics in the first half of the 2013/13 season as the yardstick.

Veteran Juventus man, Buffon’s figures as far as the ratio of goals conceded to saves made stood at 2.3 while De Sanctis who has been in supreme form for AS Roma managed 2.2.

Buffon has made 16 league appearances for La Vecchia Signora this season while De Sanctis has made 17 Serie A appearances for the Giallorossi this term.

Enyeama’s recent accomplishments have attracted words of adulation from Nigeria’s goalkeeper trainer, Ike Shorunmu who believes the former Enyimba star has had a barnstorming season.

“I work with (Enyeama) whenever he’s back on international duty so this news brings a smile to my face. He is making us proud and more importantly the fact that these things are happening during the season leading to the World Cup is fantastic,” Shorunmu told supersport.com on Thursday.

Enyeama made his debut for Nigeria in 2002 and has been capped 88 times by the Super Eagles

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by ckkris: 11:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
Congratulations Vincente

Re: Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by Arinze4eva(m): 12:56am On Jan 03, 2014
Cool, I hope he can be this world cup's best goal keeper
Re: Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by mikwayne(m): 1:07am On Jan 03, 2014
We all hope he maintains this form untill d world cup starts proper.congrats Vincent Enyeama
Re: Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by ROCKJ1(m): 2:42am On Jan 03, 2014
Good defenders also help the goal keeper..... I am just imagining Enyeama keeping for Tahiti. cheesy
Re: Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by adegwurulez(m): 1:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
The true African player of the year.
Re: Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by iamdhebuck(m): 1:50pm On Jan 03, 2014
he had more than 10 clean sheets for lille
..we are not asking for much vincent,just give us 6 at the world cup smiley
Re: Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by HERYTAGE: 6:38am On Jan 06, 2014
To create a 1960BET online account, please visit
click on this ‘registered’ link, https://
www.1960bet.ng/Odds/registration/affiliate9143
follow directions to start experiencing the best of
gaming excitement.
To deposit money into your online account,
choose any of the following multiple options
available to you:
i. Instant over the counter bank deposit in all
Skye bank branches Nationwide
ii. Using all Nigeria Banks Accredited Debit cards
(ATM cards)
iii. Via Mobile money (ReadyCash, firstbank,
skyebank, Stanbic and GTBank mobile banking
platforms) iv. In 1960BET Shops nationwide
For more enquires please call; 07086840775
Re: Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by Forzap: 7:51am On Jan 06, 2014
@safarigal were @ thou?dere say ur crush is d best goolie in europe grin
Re: Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by babyboy3(m): 8:26am On Jan 06, 2014
mikwayne: Statistics shows that Vincent Enyeama is the best goalkeeper in the major leagues across Europe in the 2013/14 football season.

Painstaking research by supersport.com proves that the ratio of saves made to goals conceded by the Nigerian is by far and away the most impressive, compared to any goalkeeper at any football club in any of Europe’s top leagues this season.

The 31-year-old conceded eight goals in 19 league appearances for Lille OSC this season and was voted best player in Ligue 1 on two consecutive occasions ahead of stellar individuals like Thiago Silva, Edinson Cavani, Mathieu Valbuena, Radamel Falcao and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Enyeama’s saves made to goals conceded ratio stands at seven, well ahead those of established goalkeepers like Victor Valdés (FC Barcelona), Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus) and Morgan de Sanctis (AS Roma).

Valdés’ saves made to goals conceded ratio in the 13 league games he played for FC Barcelona this season stands at 4.4 while Neuer’s in his 16 Bundesliga games this season was pegged at 3.9.

Italy, the land famous for tight defences, catenaccio and legendary goalkeepers produced the fourth and fifth best stoppers using statistics in the first half of the 2013/13 season as the yardstick.

Veteran Juventus man, Buffon’s figures as far as the ratio of goals conceded to saves made stood at 2.3 while De Sanctis who has been in supreme form for AS Roma managed 2.2.

Buffon has made 16 league appearances for La Vecchia Signora this season while De Sanctis has made 17 Serie A appearances for the Giallorossi this term.

Enyeama’s recent accomplishments have attracted words of adulation from Nigeria’s goalkeeper trainer, Ike Shorunmu who believes the former Enyimba star has had a barnstorming season.

“I work with (Enyeama) whenever he’s back on international duty so this news brings a smile to my face. He is making us proud and more importantly the fact that these things are happening during the season leading to the World Cup is fantastic,” Shorunmu told supersport.com on Thursday.

Enyeama made his debut for Nigeria in 2002 and has been capped 88 times by the Super Eagles

Please tell me where is Lille in the Champions League?

Please tell me where is Lille in the Europa cup?

Please tell me where is Lille in Ligue 1?

You guys need to calm down he plays in the French League for Christ Sake

http://www.fifa.com/ballondor/news/newsid=2237848/

iamdhebuck: he had more than 10 clean sheets for lille
..we are not asking for much vincent,just give us 6 at the world cup smiley

Well he shipped 6 in 3 games at the confederation cup!

Please stop the hype he is a very good goal keeper, he is not tested.
Re: Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by AbuMikey(m): 8:31am On Jan 06, 2014

Yaaga!

CAF goalkepper of the Year!

Maybe if he keeps up this great form, he might get featured in FIFA FifPro XI for 2014 cheesy

Re: Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by ichommy(m): 8:35am On Jan 06, 2014
Congratulations to him
Re: Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by IKON360(m): 11:25am On Jan 06, 2014
Baby boy, Messi in 2010 scored hw many goals against Vincent? Ibrahimovic's goal ws a deflection. Guy u c good, u talk good or u b enemy of progress...
Re: Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by babyboy3(m): 11:45am On Jan 06, 2014
IKON360: Baby boy, Messi in 2010 scored hw many goals against Vincent? Ibrahimovic's goal ws a deflection. Guy u c good, u talk good or u b enemy of progress...

What the hell are you talking about, does Messi have to score just to prove your point? or are you talking about the Nigeria v Argentina game at the world cup! it doesn't change the fact that he shipped 5 goals in the group stage!

All I said was he is not playing in any of the top level competition to really prove himself, who cares whether Messi doesnt score against him. Diego Maradona and Hristo Stoijkov didn't score against Rufai at the 1994 world cup, does that mean Rufai is the best?
Re: Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by safarigirl(f): 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

What the hell are you talking about, does Messi have to score just to prove your point? or are you talking about the Nigeria v Argentina game at the world cup! it doesn't change the fact that he shipped 5 goals in the group stage!

All I said was he is not playing in any of the top level competition to really prove himself, who cares whether Messi doesnt score against him. Diego Maradona and Hristo Stoijkov didn't score against Rufai at the 1994 world cup, does that mean Rufai is the best?
so you have brought your low IQ here too? Please read the original post again before foaming in the mouth like a rabid dog. @ Forza P, I'm here o, waving my pompoms "GO ENYEAMA, SHOW EM WHAT YOU'VE GOT, GO ENYEAMA, BREAK RECORDS WHILE HATERS TALK, GOOO ENYEAMA!"
Re: Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by striker9(m): 3:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
Enyeama we are proud of you,some people never ap8t other people's achievements,its a shame,bad belle people.
Re: Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper by bishophenry(m): 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

Please tell me where is Lille in the Champions League?

Please tell me where is Lille in the Europa cup?

Please tell me where is Lille in Ligue 1?

You guys need to calm down he plays in the French League for Christ Sake

http://www.fifa.com/ballondor/news/newsid=2237848/

Well he shipped 6 in 3 games at the confederation cup!

Please stop the hype he is a very good goal keeper, he is not tested.

if at dat club he makes such impact. i wonder hw double impact he ll make wen he get to a good club like barcelona,madrid,juv,chelsea e.t.c wr dy ve gud defenders and team. so haters pls shun.....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Make It Big In Betting / The Complete 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw (PHOTO) / Neymar Will Never Be Admired Like Messi, Mikel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.