Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Finish Your Four Years And Leave. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finish Your Four Years And Leave. (686 Views)

Fashola's 8 Years And Gej/FG/All PDP State's 16 Years Record. Compare. PICS.... / APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day / Picture Of Gej In His Younger Years And Now. A Big Difference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finish Your Four Years And Leave. by ohisola(f): 11:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
It surprises me, how many a times u hear politicians say word like, I need to complete this or that, please vote for me for a second tenure ......... I mean when u were vying for the position, did u not realise it would be for just four years? So why didn't you set machineries in place that would see your plans (that's if you have any) become reality within that four years u were given. I keep saying it. Whatever you cannot do in 4 years, you can't do in 8years.

I would like to buttress my points with examples.
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo would have been referred to as a messiah in Nigeria if only he had left after his first 4years. People willing went to the polls 2 vote for OBJ when he contested the second time because of what he did in his first tenure. He completely changed the lives (standard of living) of millions of Nigerians especially the civil servants.

His second tenure obviously was a total flop and almost nothing to write home about.

Adams Aliyu Oshiomole. This man was nominated for the award as the best performing governor of the year during his 1st tenure. He rehabilitated a lot of roads, built schools, gave the capital of Edo state a face lift. Yes his impact was felt by even the blind.

Of course like all the others before him his second tenure so far has been more than horrible. No new achievement has been made by him (close to 2years in the office) instead it has been hardship upon the indigenes. From telling a widow to "go and die" an action that cost him a great deal, to relieving from duty close to 900 teachers (that's an alarming number especially in a country were unemployment is on a geometric increase. Worse was the fact that he did it during the yuletide season, refused to pay these teachers their salaries after making them work till on the 20th of that month, as though that was not enough sacked some teacher who were due for retirement this year 2014. I mean what can be worse than that? After serving for over 35years to be relieved of duty just because the governor thinks " you shouldn't have your primary six certificate before u are 9years old." Someone who couldn't produce his own certificate, a case that had 2 be struck out at the supreme court, and not because he had evidence to back his claims!!!!

And the list goes on and on.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan would be clocking six years as Nigeria's president come 2015. (He was fighting for a one tenure of 6years, and this faith has given to him on a plater of gold) If after six years this is how far he can take the nation (knowing fully well, he stands a higher chance to be re-elected by the masses if he performs well) and he is performing like this, then one wonders what his government will be like when he comes back for second tenure.

Probably one of the reasons Nelson Mandela did so well, was the fact that he didn't allow himself to be consumed by power.

N.B: No matter how good a leader is, let us stop encouraging them to make these seats of power their home.
Re: Finish Your Four Years And Leave. by waleadex(m): 12:01am On Jan 03, 2014
I am a Lagosian and it will be so bias of me to judge Adams Oshiomole based on what I hear or read about him. Like you stated,most of the leaders fail drastically during 2nd term in office. We can only have few exceptions of BRF of Lagos,Mimiko of Ondo etc. If re-elected into office,GEJ may join that category.

However,in my own candid opinion and as an observer of political events,GEJ has good intentions towards making Nigeria better but he's just surrounded by noise-makers ranging from Okupe to Abati to information minister,etc. I just hope,if re-elected,he realises his obvious shortcomings in first 4yrs and give us the chance to celebrate him as,at least,a fair performer.
Re: Finish Your Four Years And Leave. by ohisola(f): 8:22am On Jan 03, 2014
@ Wale, I am from Edo state and I live in benin, so yes I kn wat am talkin abt.

@ ur analysis abt GEJ, my point exactly, this will be his 5th year as a president. If in all these while, he hasn't figured out what his problems are, those he should keep, and do away with, or probably caution, do u in all honesty tink he wld do beta if given a second chance?

Learning from history, has there been any president or governor within or outside Nigeria, whose second tenure in office was "better" than the first? (in all aspect, and I don't mean an improvement of the 1st, I mean wen put on a scale, a total outdoing of the previous)

You know why? Because POWER CORRUPTS

If for six years, all he has for Nigerians are "good intentions" (dats 2years left to complete 2 tenures) when do you honestly tink these intentions be realised
Re: Finish Your Four Years And Leave. by citizenisb: 9:12am On Jan 03, 2014
Fani Kayode mr cram jones. people like us know how Lola wrote the Mind Bending Tv series to speak about your chronic cocaine addiction.

If fools like you feel you are what we need to save Nigeria, I will prefer GEJ a million times over.

APC is made up of power hungry, corrupt Nigerians ready to continue the vicious cycle and for all Nigerians let me tell you why 2015 is so heated up:

The privatization of the Nations cash cow NNPC is to occur between 2015-2019. The elites knows who ever controls the 60% equity in all our oil wells owns Nigeria for life!!

So do not be surprised when Buhari, Tinubu and OBJ are smiling and joining forces, it is not about you but the Money and the Power!!

(1) (Reply)

Cross-carpeting: APC Calls To “pliant” Judges / Activists Organise Mock Session At Edo Assembly / Adamawa CJ Setsup Seven Man Committee To Investigate Nyako, Deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.