Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F (1395 Views)

Nigeria In The World-cup Group F With Argentina, Iran and Bosnia Herzegovina / Nigeria In Danger Of Group Of Death As FIFA Announce The Allocation Of Pots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by safarigirl(f): 11:35pm On Jan 02, 2014
So, here on NL, it's obivous Nigerians think we've got a fairly easy sail through to the Round of 16 (and even QF). Well, I did a little research and came up with a site that has a good number of Bosnians, Iranians and some Argentines.

Well, suffice it to say, these guys really don't think much of Nigeria, we're barely part of the equation to them and they know little to nothing about our team. Here are some of their comments:

s7kru
Red Card
It's a pretty close group.

1. Argentina

Obviously the strongest NT out of all 4.

2. Bosnia/Nigeria/Iran

It's hard to pick a NT who is clearly better than the other 2, which makes this group interesting. While Bosnia does have the better players when you look how many of them are playing in Europe, their H2H record with Iran suggests something else. I haven't watched Nigeria enough times to form an opinion about their team overall but with players like Onazi, Musa, Mikel, Enyeama, Yobo, Emenike, Ameobi and Moses they certainly are not a weak team.

Close, very close.
Dec 9, 2013
teammellieIRANfan and Iranian Monitor repped this.

Iranian Monitor

@jimimoh Can you ask you to share your views on what lessons you might have learned from Argentina's recent victory over Bosnia in a friendly. I know you didn't have Messi, and I am told Bosnia missed a couple of its players too, but seeing that match, do you think Bosnia is a side that can trouble Argentina in the World Cup? How would you rate Bosnia from what you saw compared to some of Conmebol sides you play regularly, excluding Brazil? Thanks.
Dec 9, 2013

jimmi_moh

@Iranian Monitor, the friendly which we played , we comes up with a testing formation of 3-5-2 . we know our fullbacks are our weakest link of our defense . and by having 3 CB , we are able to contain most of the bosnian threats .
and it was not just messi , we played with out pipita,gago,garay too .
nobody going to write it of any teams in WC , all can cause threat to any team with right strategy , but yes considering the first match for both of us , we are expecting strong 11 from both teams . this going to be a interesting match . but i am expecting a 3-1 victory for argentina

teammellieIRANfan
Member+

@jimmi_moh, What kind of scoreline do you predict in second match against Iran?
Our defense have not been tested in friendlies with strong teams, but I hope that Iran will contain it so the scoreline does not become more than 3-0 for Argentina.
Goal difference may prove to be a decider for 2nd place.

Team Melli 2014
teammellieIRANfan said: ↑
What kind of scoreline do you predict in second match against Iran?
Our defense have not been tested in friendlies with strong teams, but I hope that Iran will contain it so the scoreline does not become more than 3-0 for Argentina.
A better question here might be that how does Argentina perform against defensive minded teams who pull back to their own half with 10 men, as this might be the strategy deployed by Iran in the match vs Argentina
Would your guys get frustrated and under perform if unable to score in say the first hour of the match?

teammellieIRANfan
Member+
Team Melli 2014 said: ↑
A better question here might be that how does Argentina perform against defensive minded teams who pull back to their own half with 10 men, as this might be the strategy deployed by Iran in the match vs Argentina
Would your guys get frustrated and under perform if unable to score in say the first hour of the match?
"Park the bus" from Iran is inevitable, but it will not be able to prevent loss against a team like Argentina. Only keeping the score down. They have several players like Messi, Higuain, Aguero that can penetrate tight spaces
Dec 9, 2013

jimmi_moh

@teammellieIRANfan, yup , we never faced such situation in our qualifiers and friendlies either , but as you said its quite difficult to park the bus against the team which has , dimaria,aguero,messi and higuain .
Dec 9, 2013
teammellieIRANfan repped this.

Sarajevsko Pivo
Member+
A good thing for us is the fact that our first match is against Argentina. I think both teams will play cautious because it's the first duel of the group for both teams and you can't afford to drop points in opening games. That being said, i still expect Argentina to dominate the game but hopefully they won't play with too much intensity.

jimmi_moh

@Sarajevsko Pivo, IMO we should try to play much intensity as possible and try to grab the match as early as possible , and 3 points in first match will surely ease the pressure for us
Dec 9, 2013

Sarajevsko Pivo
Member+

@jimmi_moh, Well, that's logical but i still expect Argentina to not give everything they have for this game. Argentina are heavy favourites to win this game and they're favourites in my book too, but i'm hoping we can atleast cause some danger with a corner or so. It'd be a victory if we can manage to leave the pitch with atleast a point, but unfortuneatly, i don't see it happening.
Dec 9, 2013

Team Melli 2014

Sarajevsko Pivo:
Well, that's logical but i still expect Argentina to not give everything they have for this game. Argentina are heavy favourites to win this game and they're favourites in my book too, but i'm hoping we can atleast cause some danger with a corner or so. It'd be a victory if we can manage to leave the pitch with atleast a point, but unfortuneatly, i don't see it happening.
By the same token, I am quite happy to be playing Nigeria in our opener as the same might hold true with regards to Nigeria. If they play cautiously in the opener we have a far better chance of taking away a point or three in our opener than Bosnia V Argentina. In my book Argentina should have no problem taking 9 points in this group if they don't underestimate the opponents and if one of those classic world cup upsets doesn't happen. So if Iran manages to get something out of Nigeria, then we'll go into Argentina game with less worries. What we don't want is to lose our opener which means we then have to perform a miracle against Argentina to stand a chance to advance.
Dec 9, 2013

Iranian Monitor
The idea situation for me is if we faced Argentina last. Opened with Nigeria, 2nd game Bosnia, and then to Argentina. That would have substantially improved our chances. As it is, just as in 2006 but with much greater emphasis, our opener against Nigeria pretty much decides our World cup. If we come out with a point or more, we are in good shape. If not, its over for us before we have even warmed up!
Dec 9, 2013
Unak78 repped this.

Sarajevsko Pivo
Member+

Team Melli 2014:
By the same token, I am quite happy to be playing Nigeria in our opener as the same might hold true with regards to Nigeria. If they play cautiously in the opener we have a far better chance of taking away a point or three in our opener than Bosnia V Argentina. In my book Argentina should have no problem taking 9 points in this group if they don't underestimate the opponents and if one of those classic world cup upsets doesn't happen. So if Iran manages to get something out of Nigeria, then we'll go into Argentina game with less worries. What we don't want is to lose our opener which means we then have to perform a miracle against Argentina to stand a chance to advance.
I understand your point.

I believe we will face Nigeria in the second game which will be a very tough game and for us, probably our most important one. If Nigeria manages to win against Iran and we lose against Argentina, what will most likely be the case, then they'll play with much more confidencee than us which may give them the edge. I'm hoping for a draw between Iran and Nigeria since these teams are obviously our biggest contestors for the second spot.

Those are just comments from 1 of 13 pages. You can read more on: http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/world-cup-2014-group-f-preview-analysis.1997806/

Notice how they're all looking to get a point or 3 off of us. So ladies and gentlemen, we seem to be the least considered team by these guys. What do you think?
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by striker9(m): 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2014
They weren't really interested about Nigeria,its obvious they know next to nothing about Super eagles,even iran is confident on getting 3points off naija just like that.Only one guy mentioned naija players up there,and he doesn't even know much about them.
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by Dubby6(m): 11:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
OP please edit ur post there are many repeated sentences there.
Chai we don suffer oo see small Iran dey feel say dem go win us when win never even sure for Argentina...God punish devil
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by aboto49(m): 12:05am On Jan 03, 2014
let us wait and c.
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by safarigirl(f): 12:10am On Jan 03, 2014
Dubby6: OP please edit ur post there are many repeated sentences there.
Chai we don suffer oo see small Iran dey feel say dem go win us when win never even sure for Argentina...God punish devil
edited as much as possible
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by Arinze4eva(m): 12:52am On Jan 03, 2014
It's left for the super eagles to prove them wrong
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by adegwurulez(m): 1:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
LoL.. its funny o but do you know the funniest part?

some Nigerians are also looking down on the super eagles.
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by iamdhebuck(m): 2:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
the bosnians aren't so scared of us in my opinion...but the Iranian guy is,notice how he mentions getting one point off us..he wouldn't say that if he believed Iran could beat Nigeria any day.Personally Bosnia is our major obstacle..and I hope we don't play argentina with that 'we have lost from the kick off' mindset
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by safarigirl(f): 2:55pm On Jan 03, 2014
iamdhebuck: the bosnians aren't so scared of us in my opinion...but the Iranian guy is,notice how he mentions getting one point off us..he wouldn't say that if he believed Iran could beat Nigeria any day.Personally Bosnia is our major obstacle..and I hope we don't play argentina with that 'we have lost from the kick off' mindset
generally, they don't think we're as much a threat as Argentina.

The difference between them and us is, they've collectively agreed that Argentina is taking the top spot and are content with dragging the second position, Nigerians on the other hand, are looking to de-throne the Argies. We're more ambitious
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by iamdhebuck(m): 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
safarigirl: generally, they don't think we're as much a threat as Argentina.

The difference between them and us is, they've collectively agreed that Argentina is taking the top spot and are content with dragging the second position, Nigerians on the other hand, are looking to de-throne the Argies. We're more ambitious
I agree with u..I eventually read through from page 1 to 13 ,I must say those Iranians are pretty funny,they don't know jack sshit bout football
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by safarigirl(f): 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
iamdhebuck:
I agree with u..I eventually read through from page 1 to 13 ,I must say those Iranians are pretty funny,they don't know jack sshit bout football
Tell me about it, even the Bosnians tried to break it down to them slowly that they stood no chance in our group, and they were still looking for holes where there was none.

I really found their whole "we've got the best goalie" arguement funny. Dem never see goalie, Enyeama will school their GK and Emenike will show him the difference between African Champions and Asian group toppers. Even Burkina Faso would dust Iran.
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by modextus(m): 6:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
I think that zahzah on that site is a ghanian he knows quite a lot about the super eagles and he's selling us out big time..
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by CrudeGH: 1:49am On Jan 04, 2014
modextus: I think that zahzah on that site is a ghanian he knows quite a lot about the super eagles and he's selling us out big time..
why do you think he is Ghanaian?
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by Jiggaman101: 2:09am On Jan 04, 2014
safarigirl: So, here on NL, it's obivous Nigerians think we've got a fairly easy sail through to the Round of 16 (and even QF). Well, I did a little research and came up with a site that has a good number of Bosnians, Iranians and some Argentines.

Well, suffice it to say, these guys really don't think much of Nigeria, we're barely part of the equation to them and they know little to nothing about our team. Here are some of their comments:

s7kru
Red Card
It's a pretty close group.

1. Argentina

Obviously the strongest NT out of all 4.

2. Bosnia/Nigeria/Iran

It's hard to pick a NT who is clearly better than the other 2, which makes this group interesting. While Bosnia does have the better players when you look how many of them are playing in Europe, their H2H record with Iran suggests something else. I haven't watched Nigeria enough times to form an opinion about their team overall but with players like Onazi, Musa, Mikel, Enyeama, Yobo, Emenike, Ameobi and Moses they certainly are not a weak team.

Close, very close.
Dec 9, 2013
teammellieIRANfan and Iranian Monitor repped this.

Iranian Monitor

@jimimoh Can you ask you to share your views on what lessons you might have learned from Argentina's recent victory over Bosnia in a friendly. I know you didn't have Messi, and I am told Bosnia missed a couple of its players too, but seeing that match, do you think Bosnia is a side that can trouble Argentina in the World Cup? How would you rate Bosnia from what you saw compared to some of Conmebol sides you play regularly, excluding Brazil? Thanks.
Dec 9, 2013

jimmi_moh

@Iranian Monitor, the friendly which we played , we comes up with a testing formation of 3-5-2 . we know our fullbacks are our weakest link of our defense . and by having 3 CB , we are able to contain most of the bosnian threats .
and it was not just messi , we played with out pipita,gago,garay too .
nobody going to write it of any teams in WC , all can cause threat to any team with right strategy , but yes considering the first match for both of us , we are expecting strong 11 from both teams . this going to be a interesting match . but i am expecting a 3-1 victory for argentina

teammellieIRANfan
Member+

@jimmi_moh, What kind of scoreline do you predict in second match against Iran?

Team Melli 2014
teammellieIRANfan said: ↑
What kind of scoreline do you predict in second match against Iran?

teammellieIRANfan
Member+
Team Melli 2014 said: ↑
"Park the bus" from Iran is inevitable, but it will not be able to prevent loss against a team like Argentina. Only keeping the score down. They have several players like Messi, Higuain, Aguero that can penetrate tight spaces
Dec 9, 2013

jimmi_moh

@teammellieIRANfan, yup , we never faced such situation in our qualifiers and friendlies either , but as you said its quite difficult to park the bus against the team which has , dimaria,aguero,messi and higuain .
Dec 9, 2013
teammellieIRANfan repped this.

Sarajevsko Pivo
Member+
A good thing for us is the fact that our first match is against Argentina. I think both teams will play cautious because it's the first duel of the group for both teams and you can't afford to drop points in opening games. That being said, i still expect Argentina to dominate the game but hopefully they won't play with too much intensity.

jimmi_moh

@Sarajevsko Pivo, IMO we should try to play much intensity as possible and try to grab the match as early as possible , and 3 points in first match will surely ease the pressure for us
Dec 9, 2013

Sarajevsko Pivo
Member+

@jimmi_moh, Well, that's logical but i still expect Argentina to not give everything they have for this game. Argentina are heavy favourites to win this game and they're favourites in my book too, but i'm hoping we can atleast cause some danger with a corner or so. It'd be a victory if we can manage to leave the pitch with atleast a point, but unfortuneatly, i don't see it happening.
Dec 9, 2013

Team Melli 2014

Dec 9, 2013

Iranian Monitor
The idea situation for me is if we faced Argentina last. Opened with Nigeria, 2nd game Bosnia, and then to Argentina. That would have substantially improved our chances. As it is, just as in 2006 but with much greater emphasis, our opener against Nigeria pretty much decides our World cup. If we come out with a point or more, we are in good shape. If not, its over for us before we have even warmed up!
Dec 9, 2013
Unak78 repped this.

Sarajevsko Pivo
Member+

I understand your point.

I believe we will face Nigeria in the second game which will be a very tough game and for us, probably our most important one. If Nigeria manages to win against Iran and we lose against Argentina, what will most likely be the case, then they'll play with much more confidencee than us which may give them the edge. I'm hoping for a draw between Iran and Nigeria since these teams are obviously our biggest contestors for the second spot.

Those are just comments from 1 of 13 pages. You can read more on: http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/world-cup-2014-group-f-preview-analysis.1997806/

Notice how they're all looking to get a point or 3 off of us. So ladies and gentlemen, we seem to be the least considered team by these guys. What do you think?

To be honest I know Nigeria is going to come out of this group, is just that my brothers from the east are so noisy that they leave no room for others to embrace them.

The real match in this group is Nigeria vs Bosnia because this will be the do or die. I know for sure Nigeria will beat Iran 2-1, Nigeria can draw against Argentina if they keep possession of the football as Argentina will be looking to score early. They have to play the same way they played against Spain in the confed. I think they loose this 0-2.

So Nigeria vs Bosnia who wins I think Nigeria would squeezed it with another 2-1 victory. So you have it the african champs onto the next round.
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by safarigirl(f): 2:11am On Jan 04, 2014
modextus: I think that zahzah on that site is a ghanian he knows quite a lot about the super eagles and he's selling us out big time..
I don't think he's Ghanaian, maybe from SA, but not GH. Vancity eagle is also giving info- he's nigerian. The Iranians grossly underestimate us, they don't even consider Enyeama a top player and think Omeruo is weak because of his age. They're way off the mark.
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by safarigirl(f): 2:17am On Jan 04, 2014
Jigga_man101:

To be honest I know Nigeria is going to come out of this group, is just that my brothers from the east are so noisy that they leave no room for others to embrace them.

The real match in this group is Nigeria vs Bosnia because this will be the do or die. I know for sure Nigeria will beat Iran 2-1, Nigeria can draw against Argentina if they keep possession of the football as Argentina will be looking to score early. They have to play the same way they played against Spain in the confed. I think they loose this 0-2.

So Nigeria vs Bosnia who wins I think Nigeria would squeezed it with another 2-1 victory. So you have it the african champs onto the next round.
all things being equal, we should survive this group, I doubt Argentina will win us by 2 goals to nil, we're sure to pull one back or get a draw even, word on the streets say the Argies have a weak defence and a shiitty goalie, we need to capitalise on that.

1 Like

Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by Jiggaman101: 2:28am On Jan 04, 2014
safarigirl: all things being equal, we should survive this group, I doubt Argentina will win us by 2 goals to nil, we're sure to pull one back or get a draw even, word on the streets say the Argies have a weak defence and a shiitty goalie, we need to capitalise on that.

That's why you have to keep possession of the game, because Argentina arguably have the best attackers in the tournament. Nigeria needs to keep them from and Nigeria must score first. From what I remember about Argentina in the 2010 World Cup and copa america is that they tend to panic when they don't score early
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by safarigirl(f): 7:12am On Jan 04, 2014
True. But the present SE team don't give up even when they're a goal down. They struggle for an equaliser, the old team would score the first goal and go to sleep
Jigga_man101:

That's why you have to keep possession of the game, because Argentina arguably have the best attackers in the tournament. Nigeria needs to keep them from and Nigeria must score first. From what I remember about Argentina in the 2010 World Cup and copa america is that they tend to panic when they don't score early

1 Like

Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by Bravoosii: 9:49am On Jan 04, 2014
I don't blame them to be honest. I don't think much of the Iranians, I believe we'll defeat Bosnia and get a draw out of Argentina. Everyone believes what they want to believe.
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by modextus(m): 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
Bran: Argentina should by all means win all 3 matches
with relative easy. However this is football and
nothing should be taken for granted. Argentina
face Nigeria last and may want to rest certain
players to avoid suspensions and Nigeria can
grab their chance.
Bosnia has a big chance for the second place it
they maintain their cohesion and avoid injuries.
Bosnia is more than Dzeko as they have players
such as Lullic(one of the highest rated players of
Lazio), Pjanic(responsible for the rise of AS
Roma this season), Ibisevic and Spahic. They
also have a better defence than Nigeria. Dzeko's
lacklustre form maybe a cause for concern but
Ibisevic can bring in the goals as well. Bosnia
also have a very consistent record all wins except
for a loss against Slovakia and a draw against
Greece.
Nigeria is the main favourite and if no internal
problems will rise they will most likely will
advance. They have the most favourable
schedule; face the weakest team Iran first while
other bigger contender Bosnia will face
Argentina and most likely lose while Nigeria will
have the first 3 points in the bag and can rest
more easily. They also face Argentina as last and
may get a draw out if it because Argentina will
rest and avoid suspensions. While Bosnia has
problems with Dzeko's current form Nigeria has
it's own form problems as well while Emenike is
in good form others are not; Brown is more often
than not a bench player at Kyiv and Obinna plays
even less at Lokomotiv and Moses has little luck
at Liverpool. They do have some other luck in
that despite Chelsea's troubled form Mikel is
getting regular play time even with the heavy
competition, people may lambast him but he is a
solid player. I was kind shocked by the reaction I
read from the Nigeria camp when they saw that
they drawed Bosnia they reacted like they won
the lottery and acted as if Bosnia is a team of no
importance, really arrogant. It's also kind of
funny; if an European team responded like they
would get destroyed on the spot for being so
arrogant and condescending and probably even
called racists by the African fanbase but if an
African team does it? no worries - it's justified.
It's to hope that the Nigerian players themselves
are more professional and don't underestimate
Bosnia or else a nasty surprise will await them.
Iran has a relative comfortable draw for them,
while they are the underdogs of the group Carlos
Querioz has a gift for grinding out wins against
seemingly better opposition such as the 2 solid
wins against South Korea. Maybe some of that
magic will work against Bosnia and Nigeria. Iran
while on paper having humble players with no
real big names they do have some decent players;
Ghoochannejhad was not that impressive during
his Eredivisie time but he was a slow grower just
like Morocco's Boussoufa and he plays now at
Standard liege who are on top of their league.
Nekounam also still looks good and Jahanbakhsh
is guiding NEC out of the relegation zone in the
Eredivisie and looks to be a promising new
talent. Nevertheless the odds are stacked against
Iran.
This guy made lotsa sense tho undecided

1 Like

Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by deor03(m): 12:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
I really appreciate the maturity and civility on that Iranian blog. Points were being made with fact and references, arguments were put forward with mutual respect.

When are we going to have same here on Nairaland?
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by modextus(m): 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
deor03: I really appreciate the maturity and civility on that Iranian blog. Points were being made with fact and references, arguments were put forward with mutual respect.

my thoughts exactly
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by safarigirl(f): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
deor03: I really appreciate the maturity and civility on that Iranian blog. Points were being made with fact and references, arguments were put forward with mutual respect.

lol, English isn't their first language
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by Bravoosii: 1:29pm On Jan 05, 2014

Well I've observed that most Nigerians need drama to coexist
Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
Football ain't won by mere analysis, its what happens on the field that matters....That's the beauty of the game...

Let them keep underrating us

1 Like

Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by Emmysteve(m): 1:19am On Jan 06, 2014
I am happy they know nothing about us, so we can go there and play our hearts. Nigeria will top the group with 9 or 7 points. I am very confident of that.

1 Like

Re: What Bosnians, Iranians And Argentines Think Of Group F by SassyKwin(f): 7:28am On Jan 06, 2014
I love it when ghanians n nigerians speak wit a common voice...nt all the cyber war thing...

I really admire u SAFARI GIRL....ur analysis are off the hook...just like u are always reading my mind.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Soccer Bets Predictions & Tips With Accumulation Of Over 10 Points / Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) / Nobody Can Break This Mikel Obi Of Chelsea Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.