Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder (2576 Views)

National Assembly Set To Take Over Rivers Assembly / Zamfara Assembly Majority Leader & Governor’s Driver Exchange Blows Publicly / Ex-militants Among Newly Elected Lawmakers In Rivers Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by atlwireles: 12:56am On Jan 03, 2014
THE Rivers State Police Command said it had arrested the Leader of the Rivers State House of Assembly, Mr. Chidi Lloyd, for the alleged murder of his kinsman, Mr. Kingsley Ejeuo and a police sergeant, Urang Obediah.

A statement made available to The PUNCH on Thursday night indicated that Lloyd was purportedly arrested on his way to join the state Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, in his private jet in order to escape justice.

The statement sent via e-mail by the State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ahmad Mohammad, specified that Lloyd knocked down Obediah while pursuing Ejeuo, identified to be his political opponent.

Lloyd, who was still standing trial for his involvement in the fracas that took place in the State House on July 9, 2013, was said to have rammed into Ejeuo’s Passat car with a bulletproof vehicle and killed him (Ejeo).

The police command pointed out that it had initially thought it was an auto accident until Lloyd relocated to another hospital, “conscious of what he did.”

“The Rivers State Police Command has arrested Hon. Chidi Llyod of the Rivers State House of Assembly for murder of police Sgt. Urang Obediah and Mr. Kingsley Ejeuo, his kinsman and arch political opponent.

“He was arrested on his way to join Governor Amaechi Rotimi in his private jet at the Airforce base to escape justice.

“Hon. Chidi Lloyd on December 30, 2013 while pursing his political opponent, knocked down Sgt. Urang Obediah, in spite of his effort to stop him, rammed and killed him and went ahead to crush the Passat car of Mr. Kingsley Ejeuo was driving and killed him.

“Initially the Police thought that it was a mere accident, which ought to have been a manslaughter. The Commissioner of Police directed ACP Aliyu Garba, the Area Commander Metro, to visit him in his hospital bed and commiserate with him, conscious of what he did, Chidi Lloyd relocated to another hospital.

“Facts emerged that Chidi Lloyd drove a bullet-proof vehicle while pursuing his political opponent, late Mr. Kingsley Ejeuo, and he (Lloyd) knocked down Sgt. Urang Obediah, who died on the spot and (Lloyd) moved ahead to smash a political opponent in his Passat car who equally died instantly,” the statement reads.

The statement added that late Ejeuo, who hailed from the same place with Lloyd was believed to be in the PDP camp led by Elder Felix Obuah.

The statement also indicated that the Leader of the House allegedly escaped from the hospital where he was being guarded by four policemen.

However, a top government official told our correspondent that the claim by the police that Lloyd tried to join Amaechi in his (Amaechi) private jet in order to escape justice was a blatant lie.

It will be recalled that Lloyd, who presented himself to the Nigeria Police after a video clip showed him hitting a member of the House of Assembly, Mr. Michael Chinda, with a mace on the head, was charged to court on a six-count charge, including attempted murder.

Lloyd was later granted bail in order to receive medical attention after sustaining injury during the July 9, 2013 free-for-all in the chambers of the State House of Assembly.

http://www.punchng.com/

Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by atlwireles: 12:59am On Jan 03, 2014
This mad man almost killed Chinda on the floor of the house. He has finally, successfully killed two people. This is the kind of politics, we have been trying to avoid in SS.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by jmaine: 1:14am On Jan 03, 2014
This Llyod na real rude boy . . . . angry
Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by Waspy(m): 1:15am On Jan 03, 2014
Elected Honorable Touts
Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by tyson99(m): 1:16am On Jan 03, 2014
Educated tout
Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by Demdem(m): 1:38am On Jan 03, 2014
Bashing of chindas head to me is justified but this new act if true isn't.
He must face justice.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by papannamdi1(m): 1:39am On Jan 03, 2014
Nigeria is a country!
Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by Nobody: 1:39am On Jan 03, 2014
i hope justice is served speedily.
justice delayed is justice denied.
Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by scribble: 2:13am On Jan 03, 2014
ghen ghen...sounds like action film...these APC actors sha

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by Garrithe1st: 2:15am On Jan 03, 2014
If true, then Hon. Chidi should be made to face the full wrath of the law...

cool
Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by Lusola15: 2:18am On Jan 03, 2014
even if he kills a million people nothing will happen
ALUU 4 what happened undecided
Bola Ige what happened undecided
Kudirat Abiola what happened undecided
The lists goes on cry

I can't bet you he will contest for governor and win lipsrsealed
Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:20am On Jan 03, 2014
APC. Party of touts.
Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by obuksjr(m): 3:35am On Jan 03, 2014
It is high time I got myself a bulletproof car to survive this jungle state of honorable touts.
Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by omenka(m): 4:17am On Jan 03, 2014
If guilty, let him face the music. And if i must add, the police are begining to sound all too political. Their telling us he drove a 'bulletproof car', and was going to join the governor in his 'private jet', are irrelevant after the facts. Of what use are these extra info? Seems like they are trying too hard to smear the gov's image.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by figment232(m): 4:28am On Jan 03, 2014
omenka: If guilty, let him face the music. And if i must add, the police are begining to sound all too political. Their telling us he drove a 'bulletproof car', and was going to join the governor in his 'private jet', are irrelevant after the facts. Of what use are these extra info? Seems like they are trying too hard to smear the gov's image.
But that was a fact Amaechi was trying to assist him to escape.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by gramci: 5:55am On Jan 03, 2014
Demdem: Bashing of chindas head to me is justified but this new act if true isn't.
He must face justice.

Dummydummy, so you carry this thing when de worry you enter 2014? shocked

#daft-analysis

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by dayokanu(m): 5:58am On Jan 03, 2014
And this guy was voted into the House under the "umblerra" of the PDP.

No wonder they are called the Killer party

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by Goddex: 6:03am On Jan 03, 2014
[size=14pt]So, Chidi Loyds too drives a bulletproof car?
Rivers state is in deep shit[/size]
Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by OneNaira6: 6:11am On Jan 03, 2014
atlwireles: This mad man almost killed Chinda on the floor of the house. He has finally, successfully killed two people. This is the kind of politics, we have been trying to avoid in SS.

They have. They've brought that SW type of politics to SS. Mschewww. I hope the ediot rots in prison.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by atlwireles: 6:37am On Jan 03, 2014
One_Naira:

They have. They've brought that SW type of politics to SS. Mschewww. I hope the ediot rots in prison.

I hope he sits in prison through out this case. The man committed another crime while on bail.
Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by Goddex: 6:52am On Jan 03, 2014
Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 03, 2014
dayokanu: And this guy was voted into the House under the "umblerra" of the PDP.

on the contrary, his madness began when he started fraternising with your paymasters

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by agitator: 10:32am On Jan 03, 2014
ok shocked
Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by kingthreat(m): 10:42am On Jan 03, 2014
Please someone should please show this lunatics that there are laws in this country. For him to have the audacity to do such simply means that this man Chidi LLoyd must have killed before.
Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by oshyno(m): 10:51am On Jan 03, 2014
I wonder why police let this walk sef. This is what u get when u mix security of lives n properties with politics. They shud av arrested him when he came back from his medical trip. Afterall I watched him during Amaechi defection to APC shouting. Whenever he commits a crime , he runs to hospital fegning sickness.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by Rad1cal: 11:07am On Jan 03, 2014
dayokanu: And this guy was voted into the House under the "umblerra" of the PDP.

He is now a "saint" in the retrogressive APC. Have you forgotten so soon ?

Your leaders went prostrating and pleading for this killer party members to join you, before dancing gleefully when they defected.

Abeg enjoy the show cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 03, 2014

No, it ain't PDP making. Chidi Lloyd smashed his fellow parliamentarian head as a NewPDP member and committed this present crime as an APC member.

Read the report clearly, slowly and you will understand he killed his political OPPONENT, a PDP member.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by Igwe9(m): 11:08am On Jan 03, 2014

Not that I belong to any political party but it looks more to me that he became what he is now the moment he started associating with Amechi and his APC goons.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by hardywaltz(m): 11:11am On Jan 03, 2014
Shebi murder cases fall under the jurisdiction of the State High Court and Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) a civil servant under the office of AG of the State and not the Police that will charge him to court. Make we dey look shaa.
Anyways let's wait for the other side of the story. NPF especially Rivers command can be very funny.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 03, 2014
Amaechi, it's time to help your boy 'Lloyd' as usual. 1000 Mbu no reach smiley
Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by Clerverly: 11:11am On Jan 03, 2014
Is all political drama being directed from Abuja. It was just a pure case of an accident, the worst the police can do is to charge him for manslaughter, any extraneous charge will allow him work home free on technical ground. Meanwhile lets wait for the advice of the DPP, a civil servant under Rivers State Government. cool cool
Re: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder by oshyno(m): 11:12am On Jan 03, 2014

Soo what shud we call him now ? Won't it be wise to boot him out back t PDP .

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Son Wants To Kill Me- Apiti Of Rumueme / Why Buhari Should Not Be Allowed To Rule Nigeria / PDP Primaries Result From CRS Central Senatorial District

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.