Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,892 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:07 AM

Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? (48708 Views)

What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With #50,000 / 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About / Pls. I Have 300k Which Business Can I Do That Will Give Me 2k - 3k Daily. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by complete1(m): 3:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
Dr2great: U Students should manage the little money ur parent send to u people, u students should please face ur studies.,u cannot pursue two things at a time,leave busines for dangote and the fresh graduates..u students are just looking for money to buy beer,fuçk urselves around campus.,buy expensive things like dress,trousers,brazil hair.,and even sort and block lecturers just to pass an exam E.t.c. Imagin a student buying a plasma t.v worth 70,000 in sch. Please face ur studies and manage the little money that ur parent give to u people. There is time for everything
guy u just spoil d whole show,a little psychological thought for u,a student willing to leave a life of luxury will not want to go tru stress(d above mentioned ideas) to mk money instead they prefer d illegal means,not all parents can mk hands meet,sometimes wat a student spend in skul exceeds wat d parents budgets for dat month

4 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by adexdon(m): 3:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
I
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by ifycent2: 3:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
I based on....
1) Tutorials [Teaching de new entry students]
2) writing students project
3) programming students project [if u ar in Computer science]
4) Doing students assignment.

It payz me wella.
Manageable work @ my sch.

1 Like

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by ifycent2: 3:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
Dr2great: U Students should manage the little money ur parent send to u people, u students should please face ur studies.,u cannot pursue two things at a time,leave busines for dangote and the fresh graduates..u students are just looking for money to buy beer,fuçk urselves around campus.,buy expensive things like dress,trousers,brazil hair.,and even sort and block lecturers just to pass an exam E.t.c. Imagin a student buying a plasma t.v worth 70,000 in sch. Please face ur studies and manage the little money that ur parent give to u people. There is time for everything

Bad Advise.

Note: Five fingers are not equal.

You dont hv to base on ur parentz fully. Find something tangible doing in sch.. Can also help ur parentz out.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 03, 2014
Dr2great: deep in ur heart,u know there is an element of truth in wat i am saying.if not for u,what about others?
Since u knw me more than I knw myself, no qualms then but take it or leave it am nt a girl in dat category!
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by 360command: 3:18pm On Jan 03, 2014
With 10000-15000 naira you can do this business. I do not know what state you are in, but whatever the state, every customer is a potential payee. Pack your bag, go to Lagos market, buy female accessories in bulk. All those ear rings,bangles,hair clips, necklace etc. They are all imported from China. When you see them ,its very flashy and very cheap. Take for instance buying a fancy ear rings @ 500-1000 naira dozen price. Going back to school, you can sell 1 @ 150/ 200 naira if you bought it @ 500naira per dozen. With such business, you will cover your expenses and make a profit. Best time to sell are when school resumes as ladies loves to flash. My sister did this business in her school and I was a helper to it as she needed me to buy the accessories and courier it to her state of study after her first sales. Been a girl studying in the university is to your advantage as you can go through room to rooms to sell your product, unlike an outsider who might be restricted from selling in the school and decide doing it outside. I say this to you cause my sis made money out of it and she was fast in marketing.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 03, 2014
complete1: guy u just spoil d whole show,a little psychological thought for u,a student willing to leave a life of luxury will not want to go tru stress(d above mentioned ideas) to mk money instead they prefer d illegal means,not all parents can mk hands meet,sometimes wat a student spend in skul exceeds wat d parents budgets for dat month
Thank God,some1 knws hw I feel. 10ks dear
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 3:19pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ok. So I have to comment afterall. I will share ideas that I have tried and they worked for me.

1. Printing Business: You made mention of not wanting anything to affect your G.P truth is that there are few businesses out there that won't do that but still you can handle it. And unless you want to remain in the cycle of hand to mouth, you really have to stress yourself. So printing business. I ran printing and photocopying for only 1 semester that was because I left campus after that session. There will always be people who want to print or photocopy. Tell your class rep, friends etc. and you'll be working all day. My starting capital was #9,000. I bought a desk jet series and I laboured the machine. I got back my capital in two weeks. I usually worked till about 2am and woke up at 5am. I stopped attending fellowships, was late for classes because I needed to deliver. etc.
But then I didn't know the secrets behind refilling I bought three new cartridges afterwards each costing #3,000. I got a hang of it and the final cartridge I had was destroyed when my room mate refilled it wrongly. In general, I made profits. With time you could employ others.
And about G.P my G.p was way better than the year I was idle and always in the room. Because I had a sense of responsibility.

2. Graphic design: I learnt graphic design before I got into school. Cut and join, nothing special. But I have gotten several jobs and still getting some with the little knowledge. I am not the best, but I can produce simple yet compelling designs. Trying to learn something new doesn't always hurt.

3.Sewing/ makeup: You are an art student so styling and fashion shouldn't be your problem. Ok this info is particularly useful for 200level students. Freshers need to get a foothold. If you start early, you'll figure out that before you graduate you are the bomb.
For makeup, a lot of my colleagues started while in school.
Truth is the University is the largest market there is. Students are gullible (you can cajole a student who doesn't have a car or gen to buy fuel). And if you start early, you know your way around before you graduate.

These three I have tried. There are several others but I am going to stop here. I hope this helps.

4 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
360command: With 10000-15000 naira you can do this business. I do not know what state you are in, but whatever the state, every customer is a potential payee. Pack your bag, go to Lagos market, buy female accessories in bulk. All those ear rings,bangles,hair clips, necklace etc. They are all imported from China. When you see them ,its very flashy and very cheap. Take for instance buying a fancy ear rings @ 500-1000 naira dozen price. Going back to school, you can sell 1 @ 200 naira if you bought it @ 500naira per dozen. With such business, you will cover your expenses and make a profit. Best time to sell are when school resumes as ladies loves to flash. My sister did this business in her school and I was a helper to it as she needed me to buy the accessories and courier it to her state of study after her first sales. Been a girl studying in the university is to your advantage as you can go through room to rooms to sell your product, unlike an outside who might be restricted from selling in the school and decide doing it outside. I say this to you cause my sis made money out of it and she was fast at marketing.

10ks dear,u av really made my day! Didn't knw those accessories ar dat cheap! Wil also consider.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Laredojohn(m): 3:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
hello have a lucrative business i can introduce and put u thru on, its mini importing and u can start with as little as 5 to 10k depending on the item u wanna import, send me a mail on larushi4luv@yahoo.com
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Laredojohn(m): 3:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
Laredojohn: hello have a lucrative business i can introduce and put u thru on, its mini importing and u can start with as little as 5 to 10k depending on the item u wanna import, send me a mail on larushi4luv@yahoo.com
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Madamspeaker(f): 3:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
[quote

author=Dr2great]U Students should manage the little money ur parent
send to u people, u students should please face ur studies.,u cannot
pursue two things at a time,leave busines for dangote and the fresh
graduates..u students are just looking for money to buy beer,fuçk
urselves around campus.,buy expensive things like dress,trousers,brazil
hair.,and even sort and block lecturers just to pass an exam E.t.c.
Imagin a student buying a plasma t.v worth 70,000 in sch. Please face ur
studies and manage the little money that ur parent give to u people.
There is time for everything
[/quote]

i am sorry for u nd d kind of mindset u av. keep on depending oo,...u
are d kind of person dat will keep on being spoonfed nd cant contribute
anyfin. so if u can balance ur studies 2geda wiv business in order to be
independent,it is now a bad thing. many nigerian parents are really
struggling to sponsor dia kids nd u suggest dat d children shud keep on
managing peanuts wen dey can better their situations. shioooor.

3 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by tellwisdom: 3:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
If u sell beer..i will be ur number one customer sad
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by 360command: 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
holuphumy:
10ks dear,u av really made my day! Didn't knw those accessories ar dat cheap! Wil also consider.
they are very cheap, that is why I said, whatever state you are studying ,people are potential payee.not everybody knows the market or goes out on the street. You welcome and I wish you success in your business endeavours
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Bwaal(m): 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
naijacutee: Why don't you look around the campus and think about what students need, and provide it for them? This is what most fail-proof businesses are based on -: identifying a need, and fulfilling it competitively. For example, I've just sent from the UK, USB drives to a similar student in your situation. She bought them from me at N950 each, and is reselling at her campus for between N1,800 - N2,000. And students who need it are buying. There might be other things students might be interested in : stationery, etc. All the best.
cutie can we talk if you can also supply me tinz from that place
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by PROFLOVY(m): 3:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
Dr2great: deep in ur heart,u know there is an element of truth in wat i am saying.if not for u,what about others?
Wat u said is selfish..All fingers re nt equal..U said 'little from ur parent' lyk a student given 3000 naira for a semester will survive..Doin sth on campus is a way of supporting ur parent n making urself a reliable as a man..wat he does with d money is his problem..Atleast God is watching..
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by tushd(m): 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
@op what school ar u and all that ar intrested...i'm a student like you, and i sale female shoes nd accessories in school. I also some protected hard drive of 215 for project nd files alone, and im doin quite well...in essense i was spread to other schools and i need students who ar intrested..wld give u d goods u wld sell, give me my capital nd we wld share d profit..thats a way to start small..whatssapp only on 07038711886
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by ndubisik(m): 4:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
We are all in the same boat my dear. For me , I have decided to go into online biz once I get back to campus, at least dedicating 2hrs per day to my work. Thank God for steady internet connectivity at school
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by flexpro(m): 4:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
Follow https://www.facebook.com/YouthEmpowermentInitiative

For business tips and ideas.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Abeos(m): 4:17pm On Jan 03, 2014
pls what's one saying
pls what's one saying
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by mormoni(m): 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
Yea dat dpends on the nature of d campus,lyk in ma skool I sell alomo and dry gine and I thank God biz is moving well ma frnd...
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Timijo(m): 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
Donbabaj: The type of business u can start with depends on how much capital you have!

if your capital is upto 400k u can get a tricycle (Keke Napep) or Okada (80k) thats if you are in an area where riding Okada is allowed! I bet you wont regret if you can ride it yourself at your leisure time and even at that you can even be an employer of labour in tricycle business by then u go don become bigger boy for school na! My friend and i tried it and it worked

However, if you dont have enuf capital that means you have to learn a trade as an aprentice
while you save part of the money to fend for yourself

Wish you good luck bro!
Some people will just comment on a thread without minding who the op is. The op is a female for crying out aloud and you gave a piece of advice that can work for a male. How do you expect a female student to cope with riding okada?

@op, this is my candy advice to you.
1. Do a survey about what others are selling/doing to make money on the campus.
2. Try to know the wants of the people around you. I mean ''wants'' not needs. You can take advantage of their need to start your business. For instance, if the needs is bathing soap or oil or any other thing; you can go into such business.
3. Sell what people want not what they need. E.g. Everybody needs food but guys can starve themselves to spend the last card on recharge card in other to call their babes.
4. sell what is very cheap to buy and let it be what people use everyday.
5. please, don't go into a business because someone else is doing it and he or she is making it.
Above all, you must be friendly and courteous to everybody.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Opiosko: 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
Aminat508: My sister u can start dis with atleast 30thousand nair, u can go to lagos and get jeweries like earings, bangles, necklace, and also costmetics like powder, lipstick, wetlips,eyeshadow,foundation powder, nd even weavon nd attachments... U wil just pack dis in a bag nd take it to their hostel one-by-one nd make sure your goods are cheap! Nd pls be patient cos once student don sabi u like dis, na your place dem go dey patroniz. I think dis is okay..
Pls do u knw whr one can get pure gold (18k-24k) jewelries in Lagos or anywhr else? Thnks in advance.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by kayjegs: 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2014
www.nairaland.com/1182280/funds-not-business-actually-need

Have you come across the above thread too. You can check it too.

2014 will be a year of technology especially with many IT related services. There will be lots of mobile apps that will be sold, you could take advantage selling some mobile apps that benefits students. Business is about selling or buying goods and services. There are apps you can sell to secondary school students around you in the town where your school is located. They will easily get from you when they know you are a student in higher institution. There are some you can sell to university students. This is like creating a niche for yourself. We have got some apps that you can help distribute and you can make money from it. You can contact me by sending me a PM here.
You can also think of what is needed by students in your school and think of solving such problems maybe through technology. Get computer programmers who are students like you to start that. Facebook and many other big corporations started in Colleges (Universities). Who says you can't do that too.
Also watch out for our crowd funding platform starting very soon which will help raise money for people with good business ideas especially student entrepreneurs. You can follow me on nairaland here to keep updated.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Timijo(m): 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
@op, this is my candy advice to you.
1. Do a survey about what others are selling/
doing to make money on the campus.
2. Try to know the wants of the people around
you. I mean ''wants'' not needs. You can take
advantage of their need to start your business. For instance, if the needs is bathing soap or oil or any other thing; you can go into such business.
3. Sell what people want not what they need. E.g.
Everybody needs food but guys can starve
themselves to spend their last card on recharge card in order to call their babes.
4. sell what is very cheap to buy and let it be
what people use everyday so that you can be making daily income.
5. please, don't go into a business because
someone else is doing it and he or she is making it.
Above all, you must be friendly and courteous to everybody.
Don't do this business at the expense of your studies in school.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by T4Tsolomon(m): 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
holuphumy: Please I don't know if am in d right section or not cuz dis is my first time of creating a topic on nairaland, presently am in need of ideas. This is a new year and I don't want it to start and end without me achieving anything.

Am a student in a tertiary institution who lives on campus and have been thinking about venturing into a business that will yield a good amount of profit but the problem is that I can think of anything,the thoughts are not flowing in like I want.

Apart from the fact that I want to break the chains of dependency, I also want 2 help out my mum by having her worry less about me and my siblings, even though she rarely complain abt wat she goes thru daily jst to ensure dat all go well with us, the whole thing is weighing her down and it's having adverse effects on her health.

Please note dat I have just little capital, just want 2 start frm sumwhr. Ur candid advice is highly needed.

Thank u
To be frank with you, I was once in your shoes even still in your shoes,Know this that all business feeds on MISERY/PROBLEMS, i mean checkout things that give students in your environment problem and your solution will be your business......TRUST ME,you have to be informed in order to start this BUSINESS of yours (remember Information is valuable)....If you are not interested in a problem or misery and solution, trust me with time you are gonna lose the passion and hope to continue dis business.....You can expect us here to tell you the kinda business you can do though we can give you ideas because what works for Mr A may and can not work for Mr B....Good Luck Dear
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2014
Opiosko: Pls do u knw whr one can get pure gold (18k-24k) jewelries in Lagos or anywhr else? Thnks in advance.
Yes I do. One Italian cole, she is currently in Lagos.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by mcsnup: 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
well thinking is not as easy as people makes it to feel, but i'd try giving you something it may be nothing to you but all i hope to achieve is to get you started wit ideals, i give you a few things i do as a student like you, first i see myself more or less a servant so i render services based on my skill, knowledge, talent and passion! I teach home lessons at different homes after school, as an architect i help wit d assignments of my classmate who are lazy wit there works for a fee and other department, am good wit electronics so most time i get call to configure phones, laptops and other devices, you would be suprise at how much i need to travel to configure phone for forks, transport and feeding covered and sometimes i get call from benin and ph to give step by step guide. In all i render services...presently am thinking of writin a proposal and send to company as many as i can to help with 3d, 2d drawings and designs both plans, perspective, section, elevation and any drawing my targets is fashion designer, architectural firm, firms that works wit furnitures and general designs, i plan on giving it a shot. Plz note that my level in sch presently does not cover the applications i'd use for my work i learn't it from d graduating student and i intend to throw d offer open to abt 3more student i believe are either good at designs or better at management. You have to acquire skill its most important. This is not to say i am comfortable or wealthy as a student but like you have said i need not call home to pay bills and feed.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by tunapa2009(m): 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
holuphumy: 10k y'all 4 d ideas so far,d problem is I av no handwork skills yet! Also am a part3 student who has lesser tym nw,and I don't wnt a business whereby my G.P wil b affected. For those asking for locatn,am a student of OAU. Most of ur advices are d best optn 4 a guy which am nt. So far so good u've all b helpful and am considering some of ur optns already. Also am nt a science student so I don't knw much abt software and apps.

OAU? That makes it very easy.. in OAU there is a lot of opportunities depending on you and the people around you.. In every hall, there is always a "NEED" which require someone to satisfy.. (MOremi, alumni,moz,akintola).. Just look around your block and critically observe their need and step into it.. No idea is foolish, just be creative and unique about it.. Complex that u r seeing today, started his business in 2008 in my room(we were room mate) but now he is a well renowned business man on campus...don't be afraid to compete in market just do it in a positive way... I wish you the best(if you have a good GP, you can also apply for Carnegie, egebe omo odua scholarship, Odua scholarship.. Get information about them).. Shalom
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by dammytosh: 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
Without bugging you with plenty English and being realistic and downto earth as possible.

1. Photography
2. Teach in schools
3. Projects and assignments
4.Aristo
5.Stealing

Will type more
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by nanauju(f): 5:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
You can sell shoes, sandals,slippers....or better still, sell whatever is in vogue @ that moment in the campus. Bottom line is.....never ever sell Aba or fake products to your clients in order for u to earn their trust

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Omofemiwa Ramat Ibrahim Is Dead! Fire Kills Jimoh Ibrahim’s Mother / Angry Nigerian Man Strips Naked At Gtbank To Request Back His Stolen Money / Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.