Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,874 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Is This Dv Lottery 2009 A Double Entry Or Not? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is This Dv Lottery 2009 A Double Entry Or Not? (1931 Views)

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Dv Lottery 2009 A Double Entry Or Not? by mr08: 7:20pm On Aug 06, 2008
Hello House,
Please help me to judge this case whether this application is DOUBLE ENTRY OR NOT ?

I was among successful dv2009 applicants that received Notification Letter from KCC (USA),but i have little problem during my application.
Around october last year 2008,i received a mail from an association called United State Association Immigrant(myusai.org) that i can apply for dv lottery for free and with some others free benefit if i register with them for free.But this association will collect all the applicant data and apply at Federal Gov. Official site (dvlottery.state.gov).It si not a fraud site when i glance through their site to see the service that they are rendering, etc.(myusai.org).
Then i did so,but after a week that i applied via this site i received a message from this association.Here is the message i received from myusai.org:

Dear Bunga:

We have been unable to upload your US. Green Card Lottery application to the US. Government web site as submitted.

To confirm you are entered in time for the current DV-2009 program, you must re-submit your entry directly to the US. Government site at www.dvlottery.state.gov.

Do not worry, THIS WILL NOT RESULT IN A DOUBLE ENTRY.

We apologize for this inconvenience. However, we want to be certain you are entered well before the deadline of December 3rd.

TO BE SURE, PLEASE GO TO www.dvlottery.state.gov AND RE-ENTER NOW!

Good luck and best wishes,
Customer Support Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent by United States Association of Immigrants
2132-A Central Avenue SE #267 Albuquerque, NM 87106
To change your email preferences, log into your account at http://myusai.org

Mr_007:
So House when i received this message,i did so and i re-applied at www.dvlottery.state.gov,unfortunatly I was among successful dv2009 applicants and also some of my friends that applied during that period received this message aswel.
So my mind is not at rest because i'm not sure whether they apply for me through their site or not.
So guzy,Please help me to judge this case whether this application is DOUBLE ENTRY OR NOT ?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is This Dv Lottery 2009 A Double Entry Or Not? by uspry1(f): 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2008
I don't know whether your DV 2009 lottery a Double Entry or not! As long as I know DV 2009 lottery registration is closed.

Warning * Warning * Warning * Warning *
The DV Lottery is true one and operated by the American Goverment.

2008 USA Diversity Visa (DV) lottery registeration period on October 3 to December 2, 2006 WAS OVER.

2009 USA DV lottery registeration period on October 3 to December 2, 2007 WAS OVER.

You have TO WAIT FOR 2010 USA DV lottery registeration period will start on October 3 to December 2, 2008.

The DV-2009 lottery that was played in 2007 will release result between March-May 2008. DV-2009 winners were selected by computer random draw and were notified by postal mail between May and July 2008. DV-2009 winners will not be informed by email or by any other means other than postal mail. The postal mail will contain winning notification and further instructions.

Real official US DV lottery link: http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

Please Note: There have been instances of fraudulent websites posing as official US. Government sites. Some companies posing as the US. Government have sought money in order to "complete" lottery entry forms. There is no charge to download and complete the Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form. The Department of State notifies successful Diversity Visa applicants by letter, and NOT by email. To learn more see the Department of State Warning and the Federal Trade Commission Warning.

@topic

All DV lottery program is administered directly from the U.S. Department of State Kentucky Consular Center in Williamsburg, Kentucky in the USA. Only ONE CONSULAR!

PLEASE NOTE: The Department of State has only one Kentucky Consular Center. Other organizations using similar names have no connection to the Department of State or KCC. There is no fee charged by the Department or KCC for sending an entry to the lottery program. Applicants selected in the Diversity Visa random drawing are notified by the Department of State, Kentucky Consular Center by letter, NOT e-mail and are provided instructions on how to proceed to the next step in the process. No other organization or company is authorized by the Department of State to notify Diversity Visa lottery applicants of their winning entry. See our Fraud Warning. A Diversity processing fee is only charged when a winning lottery entrant applies for the Diversity visa. At the time of the visa application at a U.S. consular office, each applicant (the DV entrant and any accompanying family members) will be charged a DV processing fee and immigrant visa fee. Both of these fees are non-refundable if the visa is refused. If the visa is issued, a separate visa issuance fee is then charged for each visa.
Re: Is This Dv Lottery 2009 A Double Entry Or Not? by mr08: 2:16pm On Aug 10, 2008
Hi uspry1 & askme,
thanks for all your response in helping me out,i pray that this so called association (myusai) do not applied for me as they say so.
askme, i think you are right due to the message i received from the association.They even told me that i should not worry that i will not result into double entry and so on according to the message if you read mesage i posted.
uspry 1,thank you aswel,the site is not fraudulent site,they'll help applicant interested in applying for dv lottery to apply for free of charge and also every in case of any latest news from us Gov. concerning the dv lottery.
i just want to give them a trial,so they why apply for dvlottery via site.Since i've being applying for dv lottery for almost 11years by myself through gov. site aswel,
Thanks Guyz.,Hope to hear more advise from House concerning this case whether this Dvlottery is Double entry or Not
Re: Is This Dv Lottery 2009 A Double Entry Or Not? by ENNYsmart: 11:48am On Aug 14, 2008
I hereby bring to the notice of the public and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs an issue I’m having with the American Embassy in Lagos.

I had entered for and won the visa lottery DV 2008, with case number 2008af00014855, and my name, Omiyale Morufat J.

To my utmost surprise, however, on the interview day, I presented my original

WAEC certificate, but the consular officer that attended to me rejected it on the grounds that it was falsified.

He did not do any verification whatsoever, and how she arrived at the summary conclusion that it was forged beats my imagination.

Worse still, it was after I had paid $1,550 for my husband and I.

Also, she further informed me that I have been barred permanently from entering the United States.

Later, I got a WAEC scratch card to check if the error was from the examination body, and discovered that the same result still exists.

For God’s sake, if Americans are not ready to issue Nigerians visas, they should not obtain money, only to refuse them on baseless accusations.enny1020@yahoo.com
Re: Is This Dv Lottery 2009 A Double Entry Or Not? by mr08: 1:17pm On Aug 14, 2008
maybe on your certificate,waec write Omiyale Morufat J.

i mean the middle name suppose to written in full i.e J

But dv entrance forms that you sent to kcc you write the middle name in full

They may use that middle name to disqualify you

But it is not good at all,upon all the stress and money

(1) (Reply)

Want To Travel Abroad Please Advice on business visa.. / 44 Countries Nigerian Passport Holders Can Visit This Holiday Without A Visa / Which Country Can Relocate With My Family With 1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.