Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ (3329 Views)

Biafra FM, Ndigbo Should Avoid That Thrash / Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s / Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by Onlytruth(m): 9:50am On Jan 03, 2014
There seems to be a new sense of desperation on the part of APC and its supporters about the block vote support GEJ enjoys in SE -the Igbo heartland.

At first I thought that APC was a truly national party with plans better than those of the incumbent, but the more I look the less I see, or should I say the WORSE I see.

Recently, the party has started to agglomerate all manner of bad and unpatriotic elements -those who destroyed Nigeria ab initio (Fela kuti) -into the party, with the hopes of overawing the incumbent and deceiving gullible Nigerians.
But what is becoming more and more clear is that APC is in fact a gang up against a sitting president from a minority tribe of Eastern Nigeria.

This has NOTHING to do with performance in office whatsoever. Make no mistake about this, GEJ can NEVER please these people. The only way he can please them is for him to hand over power to them in 2015.

Because of this, I predict that a watershed in Nigeria's history is approaching. This watershed shall define the destiny of Nigeria.
Somehow, Ndigbo are getting their politics right for the first time in a very long time.
I say we ignore few clueless reneges from the East that are dining with APC for now. The APC has NOTHING to offer us, I double dare APC to tell us what they will do for the East if they win. I dare them to tell us how they will outperform GEJ in developing ALL parts of Nigeria like GEJ is doing now.

I say we stick to Jona and NEVER let go of him no matter what!

If we do this, I promise you that APC will "go and die" somewhere outside of our territory!

20 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by Onlytruth(m): 10:01am On Jan 03, 2014
I am particularly happy that almost ALL of the TOP Igbo politicians from ALL parts of Igboland are staunchly in PDP or APGA.
As long as they remain there, our future is very bright.

The APC noise train will come and pass. grin

Signing off for now...

8 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by Mynd44: 10:02am On Jan 03, 2014
So we are back to the usual ethno-religious politics right?

Okay, I stay in the south west, Lagos in particular and I ask why I should vote GEJ in 2015. I am here right now wondering what the hype about GEJ is all about and you say he is developing ALL parts of the country.

What has he done that I can see and point to that he did and lets start from there. I keep saying that politics is not about what you say but what you can point to. When was the last time the FG commissioned a major project in the SW that affects me? When did any policy made by the FG affect me positively apart from the institionalization of corruption?

You keep saying Igbos should vote GEJ butt you forget that the SE and SS alone can't make him president.

The current apathy towards GEJ is a performance thing and not tribal but people would not listen cos we love to view things through our own myopia.

The current kick cluelessness out of Aso Rock by 2015 is not an anti-GEJ campaign, it is one that means we dont want a clueless leader. If between now and 2015, GEJ proves himself a worthy president, he gets my vote and that of a lot of people. That is what politics is about.

If I were an adviser of the president, I would advise that he focus on building projects in the regions where support for him is dwindling as that would increase his popularity but the current divide and rule thing will be his waterloo.

28 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 03, 2014
If GEJ and his cabinet is the Definition of Daftness, OH lord my GOD make me as daft as all of them this 2014.
@ OP, pls tell ndi igbo. Me I say it anywhere I go no matter d opposition that GEJ is the best thing that has happend to Nigeria so far. Like u said, APC is just a gang up against a sitting president and they will soon fall like a pack of cards.

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by Tallotti: 10:04am On Jan 03, 2014
Is he not IGBO again?
Abi is his name not EBELE AZIKIWE?
Are you not tired of fighting within yourselves?

Igbo man has ruled Nigeria. . . .GEJ is IGBO.
Period! kiss
Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by funnyx(m): 10:06am On Jan 03, 2014
torhuke: If GEJ and his cabinet is the Definition of Daftness, OH lord my GOD make me as daft as all of them this 2014.
@ OP, pls tell ndi igbo. Me I say it anywhere I go no matter d opposition that GEJ is the best thing that has happend to Nigeria so far. Like u said, APC is just a gang up against a sitting president and they will soon fall like a pack of cards.

And so shall it be for you, amin ase.

7 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by AndroBlaze: 10:14am On Jan 03, 2014
Did you really need to start a post to tell us this nonsense? Its like someone starting a post to tell us Osama Bin Laden's mother will always believe her son was a freedom fighter...... a "duh" moment.

Anyway just like you pointed out but really in inverse, no matter what atrocities he commits he can always count on you peoples support... just wonder where your peoples courage was when he was hiding under his desk from the Mighty Turai. You will never learn that you can never change history no matter how hard you cry... keep antagonizing the true kingmakers, keep sectionalising most of Nigeria and decieving gullible SS figureheads ( thank God the masses there remember your trick from the 60s)..... you never learn.

11 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 03, 2014
Yoruba ppl think they can decide which part of Nigeria development should go or should not go, they are even more wicked than the North, if Jonathan eventually lose as not the case, I can assure all yoruba oil worker have to vacate Naijadelta first, then we can decide where to belong russians and American are waiting there is nothing oil cannot do

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 03, 2014
Mynd_44: So we are back to the usual ethno-religious politics right?

Okay, I stay in the south west, Lagos in particular and I ask why I should vote GEJ in 2015. I am here right now wondering what the hype about GEJ is all about and you say he is developing ALL parts of the country.

What has he done that I can see and point to that he did and lets start from there. I keep saying that politics is not about what you say but what you can point to. When was the last time the FG commissioned a major project in the SW that affects me? When did any policy made by the FG affect me positively apart from the institionalization of corruption?

You keep saying Igbos should vote GEJ butt you forget that the SE and SS alone can't make him president.

The current apathy towards GEJ is a performance thing and not tribal but people would not listen cos we love to view things through our own myopia.

The current kick cluelessness out of Aso Rock by 2015 is not an anti-GEJ campaign, it is one that means we dont want a clueless leader. If between now and 2015, GEJ proves himself a worthy president, he gets my vote and that of a lot of people. That is what politics is about.

If I were an adviser of the president, I would advise that he focus on building projects in the regions where support for him is dwindling as that would increase his popularity but the current divide and rule thing will be his waterloo.
Bros, u will be deceiving your self to say that that GEJ isn't doing much. Our hopes are high as a people and that is what the opposition is taking advantage of. GEJ is listenning and working assidously to move these country forward. there are too many sboteurs working assidously too to make sure he fail. Like your signature, politics is a dichotomy of good and evil. GEJ is good and APC is evil.

12 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 03, 2014
torhuke:
Bros, u will be deceiving your self to say that that GEJ isn't doing much. Our hopes are high as a people and that is what the opposition is taking advantage of. GEJ is listenning and working assidously to move this country forward. there are too many sboteurs working assidously too to make sure he fails. Like your signature, politics is a dichotomy of good and evil. GEJ is good and APC is evil.
Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by AndroBlaze: 10:21am On Jan 03, 2014
Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by Mynd44: 10:24am On Jan 03, 2014
torhuke:
Bros, u will be deceiving your self to say that that GEJ isn't doing much. Our hopes are high as a people and that is what the opposition is taking advantage of. GEJ is listenning and working assidously to move these country forward. there are too many sboteurs working assidously too to make sure he fail. Like your signature, politics is a dichotomy of good and evil. GEJ is good and APC is evil.
the point is clear, give me reasons why I or anyone else should vote GEJ with his present performance

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 03, 2014
Onlytruth:
At first I thought that APC was a truly national
party with plans better than those of the incumbent,
but the more I look the less I see, or should I say the
WORSE I see.

Bloody Lair.

If we do this, I promise you that APC will "go and die" somewhere outside of our territory!

whining old man.

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by 1MCN: 10:28am On Jan 03, 2014
@OP, I think you should rather say that Nigerians should stick with GEJ, and not just Nd'Igbo 'cause the SS and SE bloc votes alone can't make him president according to our Laws, if you truly want him returned.
@Mynd, you said you stay in Lagos and cannot see a single FG project in the area that affects your area. I wonder where the trains were first rehabilitated. After Abuja, no other state has recieved more attention in this gov't than Lagos, but the gov't and people chose to be what Igbos call "ori ago". They're a steep opposition state and will corrosively rust out any FG interventions just so that people will be kept to the opposition. You remember MMIA rehabilitation, Lekki seaport project, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway, etc. Just remove hate, listen to the other side of the story. Maybe you'd come to know how much you've been intentionally and mischievoulsy under-informed. Even Fashola himself knows in his heart that the FG under Jonathan has been uncommonly progressive and helpful, but for party reasons he dares not say it. Have you ever heard him fall out on any issue with the President? I hope you know he's groaning under pain with the Jagaban and is on the brink of exploding? Just give us six months or less, and then remind me this comment.

6 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by Afam4eva(m): 10:31am On Jan 03, 2014
I think Igbo should be left to decide personally who they want to vote for and should not be cajole based on ethnic sentiments. But for me personally, i think the devil i know is better than the angel i don't know. I'll stick with Jonathan for now cos if what i'm hearing from APC is anything to go by, there's going to be a Northern presidential candidate and a SW vice and i don't see how that portends anything for Ndigbo. As much as Jonathan is not a messiah, i think his tenure as president has touched on some salient issues facing the east and even Nigeria. If our eye is on the presidency, then as things stands, we stand more chance of sticking with Jonathan as even if he decides to hand over to a Northerner after his tenure in 2019 or even 2015, most definitely, there would be an Igbo vice. That's my personal submission.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by solomon111(m): 10:32am On Jan 03, 2014
Can any intelligent APC apologist give me one good reason why i should vote for APC and be ready to thoroughly defend it.
Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by Clerverly: 10:32am On Jan 03, 2014
Op, no need to reiterate it we all know, While the major ethnic groups negotiate and build bridges of political roads, we take the easier route of pandering to any government in power. It is not a Jonathan thing, PDP or APGA factor, it is just a case of people who have either deliberately refused to tow a path of political sagacity or people who have allowed selfish political opportunists masquerading as leaders to brainwash and shape their political thought. Have you forgotten easily the Obasanjo Third Term brouhaha, with exception of Nnamani, Orji Kalu and Chukwumerije, the rest Igbo leaders of note were champions of the third therm, including the so called Igbo Governors you are celebrating now as arrowhead of your political future .

I can bet with anything that, when APC takes over in 2015, the South East noise about "our Jonathan' will naturally die when appointments start flying up and down. So spare us this your archaic political enlightenment

6 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by mike404(m): 10:38am On Jan 03, 2014
solomon111: Can any intelligent APC apologist give me one good reason why i should vote for APC and be ready to thoroughly defend it.
THE IGBO WANNABE(CLEVERLY) IS HERE TO TELL YOU WHY YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD PARTY SORRY APC grin

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by Clerverly: 10:38am On Jan 03, 2014
1MCN: @OP, I think you should rather say that Nigerians should stick with GEJ, and not just Nd'Igbo 'cause the SS and SE bloc votes alone can't make him president according to our Laws, if you truly want him returned.
@Mynd, you said you stay in Lagos and cannot see a single FG project in the area that affects your area. I wonder where the trains were first rehabilitated. After Abuja, no other state has recieved more attention in this gov't than Lagos, but the gov't and people chose to be what Igbos call "ori ago". They're a steep opposition state and will corrosively rust out any FG interventions just so that people will be kept to the opposition. You remember MMIA rehabilitation, Lekki seaport project, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway, etc. Just remove hate, listen to the other side of the story. Maybe you'd come to know how much you've been intentionally and mischievoulsy under-informed. Even Fashola himself knows in his heart that the FG under Jonathan has been uncommonly progressive and helpful, but for party reasons he dares not say it. Have you ever heard him fall out on any issue with the President? I hope you know he's groaning under pain with the Jagaban and is on the brink of exploding? Just give us six months or less, and then remind me this comment.

"Lekki seaport project, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway2

Is either you are ignorant or you deliberating spreading falsehood to hoodwink the uninitiated

Have you ever heard him fall out on any issue with the President? I hope you know he's groaning under pain with the Jagaban and is on the brink of exploding? Just give us six months or less, and then remind me this comment

That is what PDP hopes for! But just know APC is not PDP! So you go wait tire for that to happen.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by solomon111(m): 10:39am On Jan 03, 2014
Afam4eva: I think Igbo should be left to decide personally who they want to vote for and should not be cajole based on ethnic sentiments. But for me personally, i think the devil i know is better than the angel i don't know. I'll stick with Jonathan for now cos if what i'm hearing from APC is anything to go by, there's going to be a Northern presidential candidate and a SW vice and i don't see how that portends anything for Ndigbo. As much as Jonathan is not a messiah, i think his tenure as president has touched on some salient issues facing the east and even Nigeria. If our eye is on the presidency, then as things stands, we stand more chance of sticking with Jonathan as even if he decides to hand over to a Northerner after his tenure in 2019 or even 2015, most definitely, there would be an Igbo vice. That's my personal submission.
Lagos is probably the state that has benefited the most from this administration.
That 200billion seaport should be built in akwaibom.
I wonder why akpabio is silent.
Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by Mynd44: 10:40am On Jan 03, 2014
@1MCN, what MMA rehabilitation? The same MMA that is leaking and the air-conditioning does not work? Seriously due wrong point

*Did you just mention the Lagos-Abeokuta expressway? When did you pass through that place? I have gone through that road to as far as Sango-otta this month and even last week, I was there too.

**The Lagos-Ibadan expressway is a project that just started after years of maddening noise making. And as for now, only a portion has been made

oh you mentioned the railways right? When was the last time you sent anything by rail or travelled by rail? I know someone who sent tiles for his new home in Ibadan by rail and they got there broken. If the rails are so good, dont you think goods and people especially from the north will go through there?

Lemme help you some more. The handing over of the Badagry expressway to the state is another way the FG is showing it's backside. Look at the Ikorodu road too.

Oh I dont think I need to remind you that there are calls for the FG to handover the 3rd mainland bridge too

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by jamace(m): 10:58am On Jan 03, 2014
OP, thanks for having the courage to come up with this thread. I agree totally with what you said.

Apart from garnering support for GEJ through ethnic lineage, I personally feel Jonathan is working. My conviction is from what I read on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1557746/another-look-president-jonathan-achievements, and seeing some of the developments in my area. Even OBJ in his 8 years in democratic leadership have not achieved what GEJ has achieved in his short span of being in power.

OBJ is a self-serving person who has seen Nigeria as his personal estate and wants every leader to worship him. OBJ is behaving like an AGBERO because he has not met his match.(Oh, this is where I missed General ABACHA).Jonathan's respect for OBJ portrays Jonathan as being weak. OBJ is a man that should not be respected because he doesn't even respect himself. Thanks to Iyabo who exposed the high ego, selfish nature and incompetent characteristics of her father, obj.

Please, read this thread for the developmental strides of Jonathan:
https://www.nairaland.com/1557746/another-look-president-jonathan-achievements

People should see for themselves what GEJ has achieved and stop listening to those politicians who said Jonathan is not working just because they want GEJ to relinquish power to them. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by Igwe9(m): 11:20am On Jan 03, 2014
/\/\/\/\/\

Thanks for the ref, Just as Love is blind, Hate is also blind!
Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by holyvirgin: 11:43am On Jan 03, 2014
Nope stick with Jonathan not just because you are igbo but because you believe he has what it takes to deliver Nigeria from wicked old people whose only aim is to destabilize the economy.
Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by solomon111(m): 11:49am On Jan 03, 2014
So Nobody took up the challenge.
Ok.
Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by danot1030: 12:56pm On Jan 03, 2014
it wont be a suprise since we already knw dat it is common wit the igbos 2 carry last in everything, that is why they cant be d first citizen in nigeria. if u are grudge wit u can hang on a high tension.
Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by egift(m): 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2014
solomon111: Can any intelligent APC apologist give me one good reason why i should vote for APC and be ready to thoroughly defend it.

Because the PDP for 15 years have failed to uplift Ndigbo and Nigerians in general. Everyone is just trying very hard to find some positive result to justify the waste and expenditure over these years.

Voting for APC in 2015 will mean better leadership than what we have seen so far. It also help the PDP to go back to the drawing table and restructure.

If we keep rewarding failure with re-election, we will keep getting the result we have been getting. So I encourage you to vote for the APC to help our nation move forward.

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by ikeyman00(m): 1:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
@@@

yes we should stick with oga jon cuz we are heading to Biafra lipsrsealed
Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by slimming: 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
The best candidate will win.
Re: Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
Clerverly: Op, no need to reiterate it we all know, While the major ethnic groups negotiate and build bridges of political roads, we take the easier route of pandering to any government in power. It is not a Jonathan thing, PDP or APGA factor, it is just a case of people who have either deliberately refused to tow a path of political sagacity or people who have allowed selfish political opportunists masquerading as leaders to brainwash and shape their political thought. Have you forgotten easily the Obasanjo Third Term brouhaha, with exception of Nnamani, Orji Kalu and Chukwumerije, the rest Igbo leaders of note were champions of the third therm, including the so called Igbo Governors you are celebrating now as arrowhead of your political future .

I can bet with anything that, when APC takes over in 2015, the South East noise about "our Jonathan' will naturally die when appointments start flying up and down. So spare us this your archaic political enlightenment

They are using the blood of my kinsmen to build bridges in the North!

Down with one Nigeria!

@OP, we are sticking with Jonathan!
If not for anything, the Jihardists can get angry and break Nigeria for good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yamaha To Manufacture Motorcycles In Nigeria / See What Nigerians Expect Buhari To Do For Them. Picture . / Revenge Killing: Christian Reportedly Beheads ISIS Jihadist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.