Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Did You Get This Message From FG? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Did You Get This Message From FG? (1134 Views)

NNPC 2015 Recruitment- How Authentic Is This Message / Who Else Got This Message From Insourcing / Who Else Got This Message From Idisco? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Get This Message From FG? by stylesco: 12:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
I was shocked as the No of people I met in sterling bank this morning. When I asked what it was for, one of the guys showed this to me.

"This is to inform u dat FG is paying some amount of money (about 100k) to Niger Delta Indigenes, it ends on 3/1/14
Requirements are:
1) passport
2) LGA ID
3) 1k
4) Drivers licence or any valid ID.

Venue any sterling Bank for more info call 08064605739"

I feel its scam. Did anyone here participate in it?
Re: Did You Get This Message From FG? by Obinoscopy(m): 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
style$co:
I was shocked as the No of people I met in sterling bank this morning. When I asked what it was for, one of the guys showed this to me.

"This is to inform u dat FG is paying some amount of money (about 100k) to Niger Delta Indigenes, it ends on 3/1/14
Requirements are:
1) passport
2) LGA ID
3) 1k
4) Drivers licence or any valid ID.

Venue any sterling Bank for more info call 08064605739"

I feel its scam. Did anyone here participate in it?
Pure Scam. If they are to pay you 100K why would they need ur 1K. Why don't they just remove the 1K from the 100K and give you 99K.

Don't mind them. They just want to swindle the money of desperate Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Did You Get This Message From FG? by stylesco: 12:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
I thought as much too.
But all sterling bank branches in ph are filled with people paying for this.
Isn't sterling suppose to know its scam?
Can't they be sanctioned for allowing people to be exploited?
Re: Did You Get This Message From FG? by Obinoscopy(m): 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2014
style$co:
I thought as much too.
But all sterling bank branches in ph are filled with people paying for this.
Isn't sterling suppose to know its scam?
Can't they be sanctioned for allowing people to be exploited?
What concerns Sterling Bank? All they want is the money (1K) that will be lodged into their branch. If EFCC or the police comes calling, they'll simply provide the officers the account details of the scammer to assist them with the arrest of the culprit. The bank will feign ignorance of any scam activity within their branch.

If I may ask, did you ask them why they mentioned the 1K as one of the requirements? What is the 1K for? The answer to this question will determine what my assessment would be of the whole exercise

1 Like

Re: Did You Get This Message From FG? by stylesco: 1:13pm On Jan 03, 2014
None of them seemed to know.
They felt its just part of the requirement.

1 Like

Re: Did You Get This Message From FG? by Obinoscopy(m): 1:18pm On Jan 03, 2014
style$co:
None of them seemed to know.
They felt its just part of the requirement.
Chai, na so poverty reach? They no know wetin the 1K is for but are ready to part with it hoping that 100K will fall on their laps grin. Scammers are obviously having a field day here in Nigeria due to high rate of poverty and illiteracy that pervades the country. I pray everyday that God should protect these weak ones from scammers.
Re: Did You Get This Message From FG? by Gideon1010(m): 5:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hahhahahsha Naija u too sweet oooo!. y wil u pay for sumthn u knw not?. D form issued by stirling bank is jst for opening of account nd nthn else, even d banks ar nt sure of wat dy do!. GOD ll hlp us .
Re: Did You Get This Message From FG? by alotofgrace(m): 6:19pm On Jan 03, 2014
lol....Hehehe.... lol...Hehehe... lol....Hehehe
100k.....bursary.....
for deltans bah..

lol....Hehehe... lol....Hehehe....
our money.....
t
so

so this
s
this is d Latest strategy employd by bank for account opening?

minimum deposit 1k....

Anyways still go sha....u neva tell can
lol....Hehehe
Re: Did You Get This Message From FG? by skfa1: 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
Advance fee fraud.

Meaning, paying money in advance!!!
Re: Did You Get This Message From FG? by Obinoscopy(m): 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2014
Gideon1010: Hahhahahsha Naija u too sweet oooo!. y wil u pay for sumthn u knw not?. D form issued by stirling bank is jst for opening of account nd nthn else, even d banks ar nt sure of wat dy do!. GOD ll hlp us .
If the money is to be used to open a personal account with Sterling Bank then I think it's okay, its not scam, since you can decide to close the account anytime. However if the money is to be lodged into a person's account, then I say it smells of scam

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need A Sales Rep/Account Officer/Cashier/Customer service Rep? / Aptitude Test @ Mar & Mor Integrated Services Ltd / Volunteer Guest Blogger Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.