Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,070 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements (1726 Views)

Guaranty Trust Bank: Would You Rather Work With Them? (A Victimised Former Staff / Gtb Or Diamond Bank? / The Managing Director Of Guaranty Trust Bank (gtb) Plc, Olutayo Adeleye Aderinokun, Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements by Alenkakent(m): 8:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
This is a note of warning to the management of guaranty trust bank and I would be glad if they act fast before I take legal actions on behalf of Nigerians...
It happened last on Tuesday 31st dec 2014 that I had to call GTB customer care number which I copied from their website but to my greatest surprise, I started hearing machine voice playing as if I'm calling a MTN "to be served in English,press 1.... To speak with an agent, press 0" ... I eventually pressed 0 and was asked to wait for d agent...
Abt 2 mins later, a lady answered from d other end and after greeting I asked her if I was being charged for the call and she said YES...
God, my brain spark but I kept my cool and made my complain and she told me to hold on so she can check the transaction and copy an email for me to contact @ a branch close to me but again I was amazed when they started playing GTB advert into my hears on top my credit... My head wan blow with vex...
When she finally came back, I burst my anger but she just kept saying sorry so I thot I shldnt let out my anger on d innocent lady... I HUNG UP

Now...
From my knowledge of customer's rights, I customer is allowed to SUE any service provide directly or indirectly that extorts customers...

In this case, GTB is advertising its company at the expense of our (customer's) airtime... That's not acceptable and I'm sure if this gets to the right places, GTB is in for a poo*...

So I will urge the concerned office or anyone who knows them to sound this note of warning to them ...
I hereby give GTB a week ultimatum to either make the so called customer care line free for customers or remove all those nonsense* machine voices and crazy* adverts from the customer care line...

SERVED
Re: An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements by Alenkakent(m): 9:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
@ mods...
Pls move this thread to fp and let people get the message across to GTB management so that this extortion can stop...
This is the kind of thread that shld hit fp and not threads like " baba suwe in a new outfit"

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements by uboma(m): 10:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
^^^ your complain holds no water dude. If you want free customer service, walk up to the nearest branch and lay your complains/inquiries.
Re: An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements by chikejude(m): 10:24am On Jan 04, 2014
Alpha Technologies are offering toll free lines to companies. Last time I called ecobank customer service I wasn't charged. If the customer has to call with his credit then I don't think its fair to advertise. We don't have a strong consumer protection in this country shaa.
Re: An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements by Alenkakent(m): 11:38am On Jan 04, 2014
uboma: ^^^ your complain holds no water dude. If you want free customer service, walk up to the nearest branch and lay your complains/inquiries.
Dude, don't u ever use ur brain or is it that u didn't read my conclusion?
If GTB can't make a free customer service like MTN, then they have no right to be playing adverts on the customer care call like MTN... How would I be paying for their advert?
Are u so senseless* to see my point?

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements by uboma(m): 8:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
Alenkakent:
Dude, don't u ever use ur brain or is it that u didn't read my conclusion?
If GTB can't make a free customer service like MTN, then they have no right to be playing adverts on the customer care call like MTN... How would I be paying for their advert?
Are u so senseless* to see my point?

You should learn to converse without resorting to insulting me or anyone @ that. As it stands @ the moment, is there any bank whose customer care service line is free? The answer of course is *NO*. So why compare GT Bank with MTN that is a communication body? Any co-relation? I have to really point out here that it is you that is indeed senseless to be comparing the customer care service of MTN and that of GT Bank.
Re: An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements by 1stUnique(m): 8:21am On Jan 05, 2014
uboma:

You should learn to converse without resorting to insulting me or anyone @ that. As it stands @ the moment, is there any bank whose customer care service line is free? The answer of course is *NO*. So why compare GT Bank with MTN that is a communication body? Any co-relation? I have to really point out here that it is you that is indeed senseless to be comparing the customer care service of MTN and that of GT Bank.

he is not actually concern abt free customer care but why would they advertise there product when am been charge for the call.. this total cheating..
@mod. pls move this topic to d front page..
Re: An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements by 1stUnique(m): 8:24am On Jan 05, 2014
good. am coping this to there Facebook page.
Re: An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements by Alenkakent(m): 2:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
1stUnique:

he is not actually concern abt free customer care but why would they advertise there product when am been charge for the call.. this total cheating..

@ 1stUnique, thanks for reading and understanding my statements and I'm glad to see @ least someone with brain on nairaland unlike @Uboma who can't even be patient enuf to read my statement and understand my plight...

@uboma, if ure so *dumb not to understand, I can explain again... GTB can have their customer care which I pay for but they have no right to advertise into my hears when I call them with my money... Its as simple as that *dummy...
Re: An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements by uboma(m): 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
Alenkakent: This is a note of warning to the management of guaranty trust bank and I would be glad if they act fast before I take legal actions on behalf of Nigerians...
It happened last on Tuesday 31st dec 2014 that I had to call GTB customer care number which I copied from their website but to my greatest surprise, I started hearing machine voice playing as if I'm calling a MTN "to be served in English,press 1.... To speak with an agent, press 0" ... I eventually pressed 0 and was asked to wait for d agent...
Abt 2 mins later, a lady answered from d other end and after greeting I asked her if I was being charged for the call and she said YES...
God, my brain spark but I kept my cool and made my complain and she told me to hold on so she can check the transaction and copy an email for me to contact @ a branch close to me but again I was amazed when they started playing GTB advert into my hears on top my credit... My head wan blow with vex...
When she finally came back, I burst my anger but she just kept saying sorry so I thot I shldnt let out my anger on d innocent lady... I HUNG UP

Now...
From my knowledge of customer's rights, I customer is allowed to SUE any service provide directly or indirectly that extorts customers...

In this case, GTB is advertising its company at the expense of our (customer's) airtime... That's not acceptable and I'm sure if this gets to the right places, GTB is in for a poo*...

So I will urge the concerned office or anyone who knows them to sound this note of warning to them ...
I hereby give GTB a week ultimatum to either make the so called customer care line free for customers or remove all those nonsense* machine voices and crazy* adverts from the customer care line...

SERVED
Re: An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements by uboma(m): 3:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
1stUnique:

My friend, did u not read the part of his post where he said that *his brain sparked when the customer care officer confirmed to him that his call is being charged*?

The op shouldn't compare a communication outfit like MTN, GLO and the like with Banks. There is no correlation at all. The communication outfits can afford to offer FREE customer care service via the phone so long its an intra call (calling MTN customer care with another MTN line is free but won't be free if u use any line other than MTN). If he wants FREE customer care service from GT Bank or any Bank at all, let him visit the nearest branch and stop whining about suing the bank for billing his call and advertising their products and services while keeping him on hold. This is simply my advice to him.
Re: An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements by uboma(m): 3:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
Alenkakent:

@ 1stUnique, thanks for reading and understanding my statements and I'm glad to see @ least someone with brain on nairaland unlike @Uboma who can't even be patient enuf to read my statement and understand my plight...

@uboma, if ure so *dumb not to understand, I can explain again... GTB can have their customer care which I pay for but they have no right to advertise into my hears when I call them with my money... Its as simple as that *dummy...

You are the one that is dumb, failing to reason logically. Go ahead and sue them. Don't forget to update us on the proceedings.
Re: An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements by 1stUnique(m): 4:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
uboma:

My friend, did u not read the part of his post where he said that *his brain sparked when the customer care officer confirmed to him that his call is being charged*?

The op shouldn't compare a communication outfit like MTN, GLO and the like with Banks. There is no correlation at all. The communication outfits can afford to offer FREE customer care service via the phone so long its an intra call (calling MTN customer care with another MTN line is free but won't be free if u use any line other than MTN). If he wants FREE customer care service from GT Bank or any Bank at all, let him visit the nearest branch and stop whining about suing the bank for billing his call and advertising their products and services while keeping him on hold. This is simply my advice to him.

yes I gat it. why wount his brain sparked when they are advertising on top of his money.
Re: An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements by 1stUnique(m): 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
uboma:

yes I gat it. why wount his brain sparked when they are advertising on top of his money... if they must advertise., they shouldn't av charge for the call and if they insist on charging, let them remove d advert and let me speak to d agent.
its just a simple logic..
Re: An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements by 1stUnique(m): 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
uboma:

uboma:

yes I gat it. why wount his brain sparked when they are advertising on top of his money... if they must advertise., they shouldn't av charge for the call and if they insist on charging, let them remove d advert and let me speak to d agent.
its just a simple logic..

(1) (Reply)

Environmental Management / Pls Help. Benefits Of Writing An Article For Publication. / 10 Things I Hope To Do In The Next Few Years!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.