Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers (12152 Views)

Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? / Do You Consider Somalis As Black? / Africans Agree Somalis, And Ethiopians Best Looking Africans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
^^^^^^^^^I guess the "Arab admixture" is mostly with Banadiri/reer xamar groups.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by ladionline: 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
To say the fact your response impress me, I like it when friends are very clear about themselves and what they believe. With this I have a clear picture of you, sort of. As such, I respect your choice to be different, as I am different. Wont like to derail this brother's thread, but sometime we would have more friendly encounter and conversation somewhere freer. Goodluck this year.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
Thnx and Goodluck 2 you aswell.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by SomaliKing: 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^^^^^^I guess the "Arab admixture" is mostly with Banadiri/reer xamar groups.

Yes benadiri reer xamar people have mixed blood
you can find many tipes of benadiri some are almost arab looking,some look like regular somalis and some look bantu

Some of the benadiris have light complezion and big nose and full lips
but in most of the cases they look like the other somali

All somali clans have an arab ancestor linked to prophet mohamed family....i am from the darood clan,the legend says that Darood ismail jabarti was an arab sheikh whi descended fro the prophet and came to somalia in the 10th Century.....he is burried in Haylan in northen somalia

Probably these are all legends created because the people wanted to be linked with the prophets so it is just for religion
Somalia is in the arab league just because Siyad barre our former president wanted support from the other muslim states

But genetically speaking somalis are a unique etnic group of the Horn of Africa
And anyway everybody is mixed many arabs have african blood

And also many african americans have white blood but they are still blck

Eveb hausa and fulani have a litle admixture
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
ok I get you.

I have seen pics of those benadiris. they looks Arab, some of them.

btw I dont care for the ancestry links. Most of them are forged. The Arab tribes themselves have forged ancestry links relating to Joktan and other jewish sources.

Hausa and Fulani dont have admixture with Arabs. some Hausa are mixed with Fulani though. However Maguzawa Hausa like me are pure.

1 Like

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Adamskuty(m): 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:
ok I get you.

I have seen pics of those benadiris. they looks Arab, some of them.

btw I dont care for the ancestry links. Most of them are forged. The Arab tribes themselves have forged ancestry links relating to Joktan and other jewish sources.

Hausa and Fulani dont have admixture with Arabs. some Hausa are mixed with Fulani though. However Maguzawa Hausa like me are pure.

what's maguzawa hausa,my guy?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Adamskuty(m): 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
What about the kanuris,tauregs do they have admixture.. Mister.pagan??

And what's the difference btn shuwa arabs of nigeria and the real arabs??

P.s i find it difficult to believe u are hausa,a pagan one for that matter, grin so what's the name of the idol u worship? cheesy
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by SomaliKing: 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
macof:

I agree Somalis are our brothers by racial grouping that is....however you Somalis have a stronger allegiance with Arabs than you can ever have with the larger part of Africa.

It's a fact and the whole world knows it, Somalia is more or less like an Arab colony.

So If I migrate to Somalia and construct an altar dedicated to Ogun(A pagan deity) I won't be criticized for practicing my tradition?

You just dont know Somalis....somalis respect arabs because the prophet was an arab but most somalis actually dislike arabs

As i said here in italy when i needed some information to go to some offices i always asked to senegales guys who sell stuff in the streets of Milan....this because most if my somali friends told me that you can trust black people in italy while arabs have a reputation of drunk rapists and robbers

Senegalese people are true muslim and most of them are better than the arab moroccabs and tunisians

Anyway somalis dont like foreigners wether they are black or arab or white

And when we had a good functioning governement during the Siyad barre regime the somali gov was close friend with mozambique and angola
Our governement supported the struggle if black people in south africa and zimbabwe

There is a somali song called "midab gumeysi diida" in support oc the struggle of the african nation still under the colonial rule

Siyad barre sent money and aid to the liberation movments of mozambique and angola against the portoguese

Here is siyad barre with mozambique president Samora Machel an Julius nyerere president if Tanzania
Siyad barre is the first on the left LOOK AT THIS PHOTO...I SEE 3 BLACK AFRICANS LEADER ...

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2014
Adamskuty:

what's maguzawa hausa,my guy?

Maguzawa Hausa are Hausa that follow Hausa religion.

Like Azna, etc., subgroups.

SImilar to Egyptian Copts who are a ethno-religious group.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Adamskuty(m): 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
Somali King:

You just dont know Somalis....somalis respect arabs because the prophet was an arab but most somalis actually dislike arabs

As i said here in italy when i needed some information to go to some offices i always asked to senegales guys who sell stuff in the streets of Milan....this because most if my somali friends told me that you can trust black people in italy while arabs have a reputation of drunk rapists and robbers

Senegalese people are true muslim and most of them are better than the arab moroccabs and tunisians

Anyway somalis dont like foreigners wether they are black or arab or white

And when we had a good functioning governement during the Siyad barre regime the somali gov was close friend with mozambique and angola
Our governement supported the struggle if black people in south africa and zimbabwe

There is a somali song called "midab gumeysi diida" in support oc the struggle of the african nation still under the colonial rule

Siyad barre sent money and aid to the liberation movments of mozambique and angola against the portoguese

Here is siyad barre with mozambique president Samora Machel an Julius nyerere president if Tanzania
Siyad barre is the first on the left LOOK AT THIS PHOTO...I SEE 3 BLACK AFRICANS LEADER ...
is they a somali president among the 3 men
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Adamskuty(m): 3:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

Maguzawa Hausa are Hausa that follow Hausa religion.

Like Azna, etc., subgroups.

SImilar to Egyptian Copts who are a ethno-religious group.
lol! But u people are the minority?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
Adamskuty: What about the kanuris,tauregs do they have admixture.. Mister.pagan??

And what's the difference btn shuwa arabs of nigeria and the real arabs??

P.s i find it difficult to believe u are hausa,a pagan one for that matter, grin so what's the name of the idol u worship? cheesy

Kanuri are not mixed. They are similar to other Chadic Sahelian groups, like Hausa, etc.

Tuaregs are not all mixed. Mostly Tuareg Bella are mixed with SOnghai, Fula, etc. groups.

Shuwa Arabs are not real Arabs. They are Arabized Africans nomads. Shuwa Arab is not exactly a tribe but a coalition of different tribes.

Tribes such as Fur, Nuba, etc., are 100% not Arab. Infact the Fura converted to islam barely 100-150 yrs back.

The remaining are of Nubian/Sudanese descent.

Diffa Arabs are a branch of these Shuwa migrants in Nigeria. They keep fighting with all of us (Hausa, Tuareg, etc.).

Pure Arabs are the Bedu and other tribal Arabs from the mainland Peninsula + the Rashaida in Erithrea.
The looks , culture, etc., are all different.

I dont worship idols. I worship Gods like Sarkin Iskoki, Mayyali, Kure, etc.

1 Like

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Adamskuty: lol! But u people are the minority?

Right now, yes.

where are you from? Somali?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by SomaliKing: 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
Adamskuty: is they a somali president among the 3 men

Adamskuty: is they a somali president among the 3 men

Startung from the left Mohamed Siyad Barre president of somalia, Julius Nyerere president of Tanzania and Samora Machela.leader of the mozambiquan liberation army

This is another pi of Siyaad Barre
He is a pure somali from the darood marehan clan

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Adamskuty(m): 3:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

Right now, yes.

where are you from? Somali?
nigeria..kogi state.

My great grand-dad was a hausa or fulani man(i'm not sure) or he could be the combination of the two, he migrated down here,so "we" were told by our fathers and we became igalas by birth

My full name "adam ,aminu haruna,mohammed, yahaya" grin grin

1 Like

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
Adamskuty: nigeria..kogi state.

My great grand-dad was a hausa man who migrated down here,so "we" were told by our fathers and we became igalas by birth

My full name "adam ,aminu haruna,mohammed, yahaya" grin grin

lol so you are Igala muslim?

there are not many is there?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Adamskuty(m): 3:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
Somali King:

Startung from the left Mohamed Siyad Barre president of somalia, Julius Nyerere president of Tanzania and Samora Machela.leader of the mozambiquan liberation army

This is another pi of Siyaad Barre
He is a pure somali from the darood marehan clan

wow! Interesting.

One more thing,have any bantu somali ever taken up any govt. Office?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Adamskuty(m): 3:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

lol so you are Igala muslim?

there are not many is there?
they are more igala muslims than christains.

I would say 70percent or 60percent are muslims
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
Adamskuty: they are more igala muslims than christains.

I would say 70percent or 60percent are muslims

wow reallY? dayumm I never knew.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Adamskuty(m): 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

Kanuri are not mixed. They are similar to other Chadic Sahelian groups, like Hausa, etc.

Tuaregs are not all mixed. Mostly Tuareg Bella are mixed with SOnghai, Fula, etc. groups.

Shuwa Arabs are not real Arabs. They are Arabized Africans nomads. Shuwa Arab is not exactly a tribe but a coalition of different tribes.

Tribes such as Fur, Nuba, etc., are 100% not Arab. Infact the Fura converted to islam barely 100-150 yrs back.

Diffa Arabs are a branch of these Shuwa migrants in Nigeria. They keep fighting with all of us (Hausa, Tuareg, etc.).

Pure Arabs are the Bedu and other tribal Arabs from the mainland Peninsula + the Rashaida in Erithrea.

lol! Okay grin

does these gods have their different roles?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
btw I just realized , Siyad Barre died in Lagos, Nigeria.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Adamskuty(m): 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

so they might be responsible for boko-haram?

Those shuwa arabs i mean?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
Adamskuty: so they might be responsible for boko-haram?

Those shuwa arabs i mean?

no Boko Haram is a muslim group. There are Shuwa in it but Boko Haram was started by Kanuri.

1 Like

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Adamskuty(m): 3:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

no Boko Haram is a muslim group. There are Shuwa in it but Boko Haram was started by Kanuri.
hmm! Nawa ooh!

So hausas and fulanis are innocent!
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by SomaliKing: 3:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
Adamskuty:

wow! Interesting.

No somali politics is related ti clan and bantus rapresent only 5% of the population traditionaly the president is from the hawiye clan and the prime minister is darood

There are 4 major clans in somalia Darood,Dir,Hawiye and Rahanweyn

Currently the president of somalia is Hawiye the prime minister is darood the minister of foreign affairs is Dir(isaaq) and the head of the parlament is rahanweyn

Anyway we have the minister of infrastructure who is Bantu somali

Bantu somalis and arab mixed somalis are categorized as Beelaha shanaad or minorities

We also have a Bantu national hero named Nasiib Bundo who fought against the italian colonization...he was a former slave on a plantation he escaped his somali masters and settled in the shabelle.regiom with his people....he was a brave man and a devote muslim he is one of our national heroes many schools are named after him
There is a small city in jubbaland somali region wich is named Nasiib bundo

2 Likes

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
Adamskuty: hmm! Nawa ooh!

So hausas and fulanis are innocent!

no there are some of us as well.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Adamskuty(m): 4:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
Somali King:

No somali politics is related ti clan and bantus rapresent only 5% of the population traditionaly the president is from the hawiye clan and the prime minister is darood

There are 4 major clans in somalia Darood,Dir,Hawiye and Rahanweyn

Currently the president of somalia is Hawiye the prime minister is darood the minister of foreign affairs is Dir(isaaq) and the head of the parlament is rahanweyn

Anyway we have the minister of infrastructure who is Bantu somali

Bantu somalis and arab mixed somalis are categorized as Beelaha shanaad or minorities

We also have a Bantu national hero named Nasiib Bundo who fought against the italian colonization...he was a former slave on a plantation he escaped his somali masters and settled in the shabelle.regiom with his people....he was a brave man and a devote muslim he is one of our national heroes many schools are named after him
There is a small city in jubbaland somali region wich is named Nasiib bundo
wow! That's cool
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by SomaliKing: 4:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
Adamskuty:

wow! Interesting.

And we had a bantu women as family and minority people rights minister in the former administration 2008-2012
Bantu people have the same rights as any somali...sometimes they are treated bad but there are some pure somali looking smal clans like Midgaans who are even treated worst than bantu

During siad barre rule calling somebody slave because he was bantu was illegal and punishible with prison

2 Likes

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
I have a friend who is Isaaq, SaƔd Musa.

btw isnt Dir different from Isaaq?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
Also is there any cultural differences between the different clans?

or any differences for that matter?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by SomaliKing: 4:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

no there are some of us as well.

I love nasiib bundo figure because he was a hero...there were many ethnic somalis whi where collaborating with the italians while he was a former slave and fought for our country

Bantu somalis are good people.....the whole civil war issue is because ethnic somalis are too proud if their clan.....bantus are the only group who doesn't participated in the civil war fightings

1 Like

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by SomaliKing: 4:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:
Also is there any cultural differences between the different clans?

or any differences for that matter?

Well the 4 major clans have the same language and culture the only different group are the bantus who speak af maay(a somali dialect) and mushunguli(their original bantu language)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do We Cook And Eat At Funerals? / I Am Still Alive, I Am Still Relevant / Can Minorities Be Racist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.