Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,211 members, 7,807,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers (12154 Views)

Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? / Do You Consider Somalis As Black? / Africans Agree Somalis, And Ethiopians Best Looking Africans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
OK. So basically, we should start another Rwanda 94 to exterminate the 'cockroaches'. Is that it?

You think there's no 'phenotypically black' on 'phenotypically black' violence going on right now?

You think 'phenotypically black' people never enslaved other 'phenotypically black' people?

And please don't resurrect that crap about Tutsis being from the Horn. Genetics have debunked that. They are basically the same people as the Hutus. Historically their difference has been largely occupational.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Africa4Africans: 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
Radoillo II: OK. So basically, we should start another Rwanda 94 to exterminate the 'cockroaches'. Is that it?

You think there's no 'phenotypically black' on 'phenotypically black' violence going on right now?

You think 'phenotypically black' people never enslaved other 'phenotypically black' people?

And please don't resurrect that crap about Tutsis being from the Horn. Genetics have debunked that. They are basically the same people as the Hutus. Historically their difference has been largely occupational.

It doesn't matter if they are actually from the horn of not-who cares?Just like those black-looking Arabs in Darfur who think they are Arab or Tippu Tip of Zanzibar, they think they are from the Horn and they act like them-they enslaved Hutus for years and you are surprised the Hutus rose up? They killed every democratically elected leader and attempted to reinforce their feudal system. The only reason the slave trading past was not reported was because it was all through the western or other media and who of those Europeans and Arabs want to paint it as a slave rebellion in countries that used to own slaves? But all East Africans know about it. Yes, if I was a slave and the only way to gain my freedom was through violence, who are you to judge? I do not advocate violence because I've luckily never been in such a situation. Stop worshipping the children of slaveowners and slavetraders. It is embarrassing and an insult to all phenotypically black people all around the world. South Sudan battled for years from Arab oppressors in Sudan with funding from their East African neighbors. They know all about these Horn of Africans and we do not blame you if you don't so here is an education. Do not get angry with the information being passed on. Why worship these slaveowners and slavetraders of another era who would continue doing it if they could get away with it? They will just as soon call you baria and jareer while advocating for African unity. Are you so shameless that you would worship such people? Perhaps you worship Arabs and Europeans too and if so, you are a lost cause. But at least I do not see such threads on Nairaland. If you do not know your history and the history of your brothers and sisters on the continent you are lost.

Tutsis as slavowners:

smiley PBS - HOPES | Rwanda | Essay
www.pbs.org/hopes/rwanda/essays.html
I would never know the difference between Hutu and Tutsi if I did not learn it from ... 1959 when Tutsis were the oppressors, treating Hutus like serfs or slaves.

smileyRwanda | Women Under Siege Project
www.womenundersiegeproject.org/conflicts/profile/rwanda

by Lauren Wolfe - in 177 Google+ circlesFeb 8, 2012 - The Belgians favored the Tutsi minority among the country's three ethnic .... of family members, kept these women in a form of coerced slavery

smileyHistory of Hutu – Tutsi Relations | The Rwandan Genocide
modernhistoryproject2012./history-of-hutu-tutsi-relations/‎
... Genocide. One must look back to the 14th century, when the Tutsi first arrived… ... Corvée is a semantic that is one step higher than slavery. The only

smileyPurity and Exile: Violence, Memory, and National Cosmology Among ...
books.google.com/books?isbn=0226502724

Liisa H. Malkki - 1995 - ‎Political Science
The name Hutu, the refugees said, was imported by the Tutsi from their home in the north and means "slave" or "servant." Thus, "we became their Hutu," "we ...

smileyBurundi: The Hutu and The Tutsi Cauldron of Conflict and Quest for ...

books.google.com/books?isbn=998716031X

Godfrey Mwakikagile - 2012 - ‎Burundi
5 A discussion of Hutu massacres by the Tutsi is not in any way intended to justify ... own homeland and have worked for the Tutsi as virtual slaves for 400 years.

smileyFear in Bongoland: Burundi Refugees in Urban Tanzania
books.google.com/books?isbn=1571812636
Marc Sommers - 2001 - ‎History
Ultimately the opposing force was connected back to the Tutsi, who either ... As one refugee historian explained, "the Hutu were like slaves before the Tutsi," and ...

smileyThe great lakes in conflict | Feature Article 2013-04-08 - Ghana Web
www.ghanaweb.com › Opinions › Feature Articles › 2013-04-08‎

Apr 8, 2013 - The Tutsis soon instituted a tyrannical, feudal system in which the Hutus were treated as slaves rather than serfs. This control was both physical ...

smileyRadio in the Rwandan Genocide | The Devil's Tale

blogs.library.duke.edu/rubenstein/2013/.../radio-in-the-rwandan-genocid...‎
May 10, 2013 - Freedom from slavery, according to this narrative, lies in the ability to ... the Hutu became slaves to the Tutsi “who, according to the colonial ...

smileySlave Revolts: Johannes Postma: 9780313338540: Books - Amazon ...
www.amazon.ca › ... › Economics › Labour & Industrial Relations‎

For just as long those under subjugation have rebelled against it. From Palmares in Brazil to pre-Civil War slave revolts to the modern-day Hutu/Tutsi conflict this ...

smileyRadio in the Rwandan Genocide | The Devil's Tale
blogs.library.duke.edu/rubenstein/2013/.../radio-in-the-rwandan-genocid...‎

May 10, 2013 - Several journalists recall the state of Hutu slavery during colonization ... broadcasts attempt to illuminate the Rwandan genocide as a slave rebellion. ... He evokes Tutsi discrimination against Hutus in the colonial educational ...
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 10, 2014
Get a grip. Nobody is worshipping anybody. At least I'm not. I simply refuse to be irrational. Hutus massacred fellow Hutus in northwestern Rwanda. Northwestern Rwanda had practically no Tutsis living there. The Hutus there had nothing to do with Tutsis. Yet their brother Hutus descended on them with machetes.

Look around! Black Africans are killing Black Africans all over the continent. I hate when people like u come on here and point fingers at a particular people and claim they are the source off all of Africa's headaches. I know enough to know how dangerous that type of thing can be.

Again, get a grip!

1 Like

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2014
and what is the meaning of 'Horn Africans are Eurasian invaders'?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Africa4Africans: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
Radoillo II: Get a grip. Nobody is worshipping anybody. At least I'm not. I simply refuse to be irrational. Hutus massacred fellow Hutus in northwestern Rwanda. Northwestern Rwanda had practically no Tutsis living there. The Hutus there had nothing to do with Tutsis. Yet their brother Hutus descended on them with machetes.

Look around! Black Africans are killing Black Africans all over the continent. I hate when people like u come on here and point fingers at a particular people and claim they are the source off all of Africa's headaches. I know enough to know how dangerous that type of thing can be.

Again, get a grip!

They descended upon them because they supported the Tutsis. Why does the media always try to make the violence in Africa seem irrational? Even the war in the DRC stems from the Genocide in Rwanda-they continue to be funded by the west that is happy to have a destabilized country to steal resources from. Why do you think the "rise of Rwanda" is so reported in the media and authoritarian Kagame is the darling of the west? Uganda is also run by a semi-Tutsi: both Uganda and Rwanda are now raping and pillaging the richest country in Africa in terms of natural resources and you are telling me to "get a grip"? Do you really think Africans are so "savage" that they will kill 1 million of their countrypeople with no back story? If so, you are lost and I have nothing to add to this conversation. Believe what you want to believe, but East Africans funded South Sudans' 30+ fight for independence from Arab Sudan and East African countries will continue to fight these slaveowning and slave trading descendants in the Horn of Africa. If you want to sit back and watch just go ahead. But we honor those millions of Bantu and Nilo-Saharan peoples savagely killed, raped and pillaged by these people that are spamming your boards with psychological propaganda and still oppressing and humiliating their minorities. Do you know many of the Somalis in Bantu are being specifically targeted by the warfare there and murdered because of the size of their nose or the texture of their hair? Or are we all going to hold hands and sing kumbaya like we did in Libya as these Eurasian invaders continue to pillage the continent. It is absolutely shameful and the fact that you could even defend it after countless references for you to educate yourself about these people tells me Africa has a long way to go before it can protect itself from its enemies.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Africa4Africans: 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
Radoillo II: and what is the meaning of 'Horn Africans are Eurasian invaders'?

These are not our people, at least us East Africans have realized it. Maybe West Africans are not as aware, but then that is why people are trying to educate you. People don't come from the sky spewing racist nonsense and glorifying light skin and wavy hair. There is a backstory, unless you think phenotypically black Africans are just born self-haters? People born and raised stretching back to pre-history in a continent full of phenotypically black people are born self-haters? Jareer (Bantu slave)! Baria (Nilotic slave)! shouted in the streets of Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti. Glorification of light skin and wavy hair and insults spamming this board. "Negroid" "Negro" "Monkey." Who taught you to hate yourself? Their ancestors did, they are just tens of miles away from Yemen. Their DNA shows influence from Yemen. Their oral history (Queen of Sheba/Solomon) (Isaaq/Arab) shows influence from Yemen. Their food shows influence from Yemen. Their clothes show influence from Yemen. Their writing script shows influence from Yemen. Their language shows influence from Yemen. Their names show influence from Yemen. Their architecture shows influence from Yemen. Their music shows influence from Yemen.

Their racism shows influence from Yemen.

Either you are a rationalist or you like to sit in the clouds hoping someone will come save Africa. Africans need to wake up and see who their enemies are or your descendants will once again be slaves and you will have no one but yourself to blame. Instead of being excited by the prospect of light-skinned and wavy-haired Africans being related to you realize what an easy trick that is and how you are being used and exploited.

"There are none so blind as those who refuse to see."

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2014
I'm not talking of the Hutu moderates who were killed in major cities like Kigali. I'm talking about Northwestern Rwandan Hutu villagers living in a part of Rwanda that was homogenously Hutu, and who had little contact with Tutsis. Thousands of them were murdered by fellow Hutus.

May I suggest u go back and re-read the history of the genocide.

I suppose u'll also say the crisis in CAR is the fault of Horn Africans and Arabs.

By the way, South Sudan that YOUR people helped liberate is tearing itself apart. But of course, you'll blame it all on Arabs in the Sudan.

Its fine.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Africa4Africans: 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
Radoillo II: I'm not talking of the Hutu moderates who were killed in major cities like Kigali. I'm talking about Northwestern Rwandan Hutu villagers living in a part of Rwanda that was homogenously Hutu, and who had little contact with Tutsis. Thousands of them were murdered by fellow Hutus.

May I suggest u go back and re-read the history of the genocide.

I suppose u'll also say the crisis in CAR is the fault of Horn Africans and Arabs.

By the way, South Sudan that YOUR people helped liberate is tearing itself apart. But of course, you'll blame it all on Arabs in the Sudan.

Its fine.

CAR conflict risks becoming religious war: UN

The Nation ‎- 2 days ago

UNITED NATIONS : Violence in Central African Republic risks escalating into a religious conflict amid an increasing number of clashes ...

I rest my case. Which religions do you think are in conflict, pray tell? Whether Christian (European religion) or Muslim (Arab religion) these are outside conflicts that layer on ethnic divides that stemmed the religious difference. Of course Africans are not perfect people-there are numerous conflicts just based on jousting for power, were countless people are killed. But yes I would claim the majority of conflict in Africa stems from outside influence on the continent or the aftereffects.

But that is besides the point-if you know who your enemies are you can protect yourself and at least reduce conflict on the continent. All I am trying to do is add to this discussion: Are Nigerians and Somalians brothers? As someone with understanding of the conflict in the eastern right half of Africa, I am just giving you information for you all to make your decision. East Africans have made their choice, West Africans are free to do as they please of course, but at least have the knowledge to make the right choices, that is all. Pointing out history and culture of a people is not wrong, sugarcoating reality is.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 10, 2014
LOL.

Can I ask you one question: are u a christian, a muslim, a traditional religionist or an atheist?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Africa4Africans: 1:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
Radoillo II: LOL.

Can I ask you one question: are u a christian, a muslim, a traditional religionist or an atheist?

Traditional religionist with a splash of irreligion/rationalism. I am for the total liberation of African people physically, emotionally, spiritually and economically. I am unwavering in my commitment to the total liberation of phenotypically black people. To pursue this I have learnt the ins and out of both Islam and Christianity, languages, rituals, histories, modes of thinking, scriptures, modes of speech, turns of phrases, and am happy to stealthily attack both religions with complete force as necessary to protect any of my future descendants and ensure a future for them of total liberation. I can easily pass as either a Christian or a Muslim and am happy to do so to achieve the goals of total liberation of phenotypically black people.

And you? Let me guess that you are a Christian. I have nothing against that. But if your practicing or belief of your religion ever presents any obstacle to the total liberation of phenotypically black people be certain I will tear it down from the inside with my own hands. Abibifahodie! (Complete African Liberation)!
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hmm. I believe in a creator (or more accurately, supernatural force). But I choose to have no religion. I was raised a Christian though.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Africa4Africans: 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2014
Radoillo II: Hmm. I believe in a creator. But I choose to have no religion. I was raised a Christian though.

Good continue in the good fight for complete liberation of phenotypically black people. Open your eyes to see- Africans must create their own reality and worldview-the European or Arab one was made to support Europeans and Arabs, no more and no less. And why would we expect any different? I have no hatred for any person or thing except the oppression of human beings. As a phenotypically black person my particular interest on this earth is the complete liberation of phenotypically black people. Like a mother with her young, anything that will stand in the way of my brothers and sisters and any of my descendants achieving that liberation will be torn down with my own hands. And that includes phenotypically black people who don't get it even after being educated.

smiley“Powerful people cannot afford to educate the people that they oppress, because once you are truly educated, you will not ask for power. You will take it.”

smiley“Racists will always call you a racist when you identify their racism. To love yourself now - is a form of racism. We are the only people who are criticized for loving ourselves.”

smiley“History is not everything, but it is a starting point. History is a clock that people use to tell their political and cultural time of day. It is a compass they use to find themselves on the map of human geography. It tells them where they are, but more importantly, what they must be.”

Abibifahodie! (Complete African Liberation!)
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 10, 2014
LOL. We disagree on the right path to African 'liberation'. But its ok.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Africa4Africans: 2:10pm On Jan 10, 2014
Radoillo II: LOL. We disagree on the right path to African 'liberation'. But its ok.

smiley Abibifahodie! smiley
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by ladionline: 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2014
Radoillo, you ask the king question. @Africa, a soul is turn apart if all these bug forms the core of your value. This 'messiahnic complex' is the crux of how you see the world? It is a form of 'megalomania' from which 'world war' often spawn. People are problem: the racist somali beefing the black are finding consolation for not being their obsession, Arab/white. Yet like somali king here, some want to be blacks or Africans. Enter our brother, the Liberator. I take this from Wyclef: two wrongs don't make a right.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 10, 2014
Africa4Africans: West Africans who do not know about eastern African history, let me warn you: Somalians are the enemies of all phenotypically black people. They are the offspring of Eurasian invaders onto the continent. They have enslaved Africans on the eastern coast of Africa for years. As have Ethiopians. Ethiopia abolished slavery in the mid-20th century. The Somalians traded in Bantu slaves, the Ethiopians in Nilotic slaves. The Ethiopians used to castrate the slaves for Arabs as Islam prohibited castration and Ethiopia was a pre-Islamic Arab/Yemeni Christian nation. The Somalians used to help in raiding slaves. All the groups of the Horn of Africa (Ethiopia, Eritrea, Somalia, Djibouti) are the children of the slave traders of the eastern right half of the continent historically, even before the rise of Islam and the Arab Muslim and Portuguese Christian slave trade. Like all mixed race offspring they have served as middle-men between their two ancestries.

Ethiopia has attempted to cash in on African liberation by spearheading the African Union so it may continue to act as a middleman for Middle Eastern and European interests. As soon as Somalia reaches peace they will do the same.

Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Djibouti are the pits of hell in Africa where millions of our phenotypically black African ancestors were captured and sold in their slave markets. They as well as Arabs and Europeans deserve no place in the African continent:

"Emperor Menelik II, who has been described as Ethiopia's "greatest slave entrepreneur", taxed the trade to pay for guns and ammunition as he battled for control of the whole country, which he ruled from 1889 to 1913. " http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14357121

The descendants of these slaves which are called black people in Ethiopia and Eritrea and Somalia and Djibouti are still known as Baria (slave in Ethiopia and Eritrea for any of their Nilotic minorities) and Jareer (slave in Somalia and Djibouti for any of their Bantu minorities), just like the Arabs still call black people Abd as a common name.

These are your enemies they have shown their stripes! I am happy they have trolled around online so their racism and this hidden history can be exposed and we can unite against them in honor of our ancestors they burned, raped, pillaged and killed. Abibifahodie (Complete African Liberation!)

All non-phenotypically black Africans are enemies of Africa by definition but pay careful attention to and protect yourself from three historically dangerous groups: (1) Horn of Africans (2) Arabs (3) Europeans.

Former slaveowners will always treat you in the way these three groups treat Africans. Do not be surprised. It is expected. But their whitewashing of their history and creation of AU headquarters there, propaganda towards Africans and attempt to take advantage of the rise of Africa has obscured this history to many Africans, especially those in West Africa who are far from where the history of this trade occurred. But be sure, phenotypically-Black Africans - Bantus and Nilotes especially in southern Somalia and southern Ethiopia and Eritrea respectively know very well these people are their enemies. Do not dishonor your ancestors by befriending the enemies, killers, capturers and slaveholders of your African brothers and sisters.

Their intermixing and cooperation with the invaders of the continent created the results of what you see today on Nairaland and elsewhere online- historical and continued enemies to phenotypically-black African people everywhere. Beware!

If you are the black people then what are we?
Back in the day you either ruled or you were ruled. Even other Africans owned and sold slaves, so what makes Horn Africans a special case?

Africa4Africans:
These are not our people, at least us East Africans have realized it. Maybe West Africans are not as aware, but then that is why people are trying to educate you. People don't come from the sky spewing racist nonsense and glorifying light skin and wavy hair. There is a backstory, unless you think phenotypically black Africans are just born self-haters? People born and raised stretching back to pre-history in a continent full of phenotypically black people are born self-haters? Jareer (Bantu slave)! Baria (Nilotic slave)! shouted in the streets of Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti. Glorification of light skin and wavy hair and insults spamming this board. "Negroid" "Negro" "Monkey." Who taught you to hate yourself? Their ancestors did, they are just tens of miles away from Yemen. Their DNA shows influence from Yemen. Their oral history (Queen of Sheba/Solomon) (Isaaq/Arab) shows influence from Yemen. Their food shows influence from Yemen. Their clothes show influence from Yemen. Their writing script shows influence from Yemen. Their language shows influence from Yemen. Their names show influence from Yemen. Their architecture shows influence from Yemen. Their music shows influence from Yemen.
Their racism shows influence from Yemen.

Either you are a rationalist or you like to sit in the clouds hoping someone will come save Africa. Africans need to wake up and see who their enemies are or your descendants will once again be slaves and you will have no one but yourself to blame. Instead of being excited by the prospect of light-skinned and wavy-haired Africans being related to you realize what an easy trick that is and how you are being used and exploited.
"There are none so blind as those who refuse to see."

It is the other way around, we influenced them in every way except for the language. Even the Horn African/Berberi DNA - E1b1b is found in many Arabs including the Hashemites-Quraish who are the family of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh.

ladionline: Radoillo, you ask the king question. @Africa, a soul is turn apart if all these bug forms the core of your value. This 'messiahnic complex' is the crux of how you see the world? It is a form of 'megalomania' from which 'world war' often spawn. People are problem: the racist somali beefing the black are finding consolation for not being their obsession, Arab/white. Yet like somali king here, some want to be blacks or Africans. Enter our brother, the Liberator. I take this from Wyclef: two wrongs don't make a right.

It is not about wanting to be black. No one can deny what they are.

2 Likes

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by macof(m): 6:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
yousuf12:

If you are the black people then what are we?
Back in the day you either ruled or you were ruled. Even other Africans owned and sold slaves, so what makes Horn Africans a special case?

It is the other way around, we influenced them in every way except for the language. Even the Horn African/Berberi DNA - E1b1b is found in many Arabs including the Hashemites-Quraish who are the family of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh.

It is not about wanting to be black. No one can deny what they are.

Technically Somalis aren't 'black'. The Negroid race are the Western and central Africans stretching to the South

Your people are best placed as Hamitic
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 10, 2014
The word 'Hamitic' is out-dated. No serious scholar still uses it in racial classifications.

2 Likes

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
Why do we want to limit 'black' to the West African and Bantu types, while 'white/Caucasian' has such a wide application...from the blue-eyed blond straight-haired pale-skinned Swede to the brownish, curly, dark-haired black-eyed Southern Portuguese?

Can someone explain that to me?

2 Likes

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Fulaman198(m): 8:38pm On Jan 10, 2014
Radoillo II: Why do we want to limit 'black' to the West African and Bantu types, while 'white/Caucasian' has such a wide application...from the blue-eyed blond straight-haired pale-skinned Swede to the brownish, curly, dark-haired black-eyed Southern Portuguese?

Can someone explain that to me?

No explanation for that black is much more than west African and Bantu. There are nilotic people and sahelians as well. You can add horners too.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by morpheus24: 8:49pm On Jan 10, 2014
Fulaman198:
No explanation for that black is much more than west African and Bantu. There are nilotic people and sahelians as well. You can add horners too.

Personally I now prefer the term.."old world black" taking in to consideration there are a variation of black people in the new worlds.

Somali are old world blacks......
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by morpheus24: 8:53pm On Jan 10, 2014
macof:
Technically Somalis aren't 'black'. The Negroid race are the Western and central Africans stretching to the South
Your people are best placed as Hamitic

False anthropological terminology.

Hamitic is a pseudo-nomencleture used by the "old world" using biblical references by non Africans in recognition of the first black people they encountered in mostly the coastal parts of Africa.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by macof(m): 9:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
morpheus24:

False anthropological terminology.

Hamitic is a pseudo-nomencleture used by the "old world" using biblical references by non Africans in recognition of the first black people they encountered in mostly the coastal parts of Africa.

Ok but You can't classify people like the Somali as Negroid.
Wat then is the technical classification?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by morpheus24: 9:19pm On Jan 10, 2014
macof:

Negroid should be used in its strict anthropological designation.... describing the cranio-metric and body morphology of "typical" interior Africans (West, east and central Africans) excluding Khoisans of the south.

The correct anthropological designation to identify the cranio metrics and body morphology of a horner would be Aethiopid... not the erroneous Afro-Caucasoid....

Many people in Africa fall within a spectrum of so called "negroid" and "Aethiopid
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2014
macof:

Racial classification is always a problematic issue. Till date, anthropologists do not agree on how many races are in the world. Some even think the concept of race is meaningless, and should be dropped alltogether.

There are many blurred areas on the margins.

All darkskinned subsaharan Africans fall under what I'll call 'black'. And that includes the yellowish Bushmen and Hottentots of Southern Africa, who are believed by some people to form a distinct race.

Question: if u think the narrow features and not-so-tightly-curled hair of Horn Africans make them non-black, what do you think of some Northern Nigerian people with similar features? Are they non-blacks as well?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by macof(m): 10:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
Radoillo II:

Racial classification is always a problematic issue. Till date, anthropologists do not agree on how many races are in the world. Some even think the concept of race is meaningless, and should be dropped alltogether.

There are many blurred areas on the margins.

All darkskinned subsaharan Africans fall under what I'll call 'black'. And that includes the yellowish Bushmen and Hottentots of Southern Africa, who are believed by some people to form a distinct race.

Question: if u think the narrow features and not-so-tightly-curled hair of Horn Africans make them non-black, what do you think of some Northern Nigerian people with similar features? Are they non-blacks as well?

by this you probably mean Fulani people. I don't know much about fula, fulaman would answer better
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by morpheus24: 10:55pm On Jan 10, 2014
macof:
by this you probably mean Fulani people. I don't know much about fula, fulaman would answer better

Arid region dwellers have adaptations that are similar to each other in Africa probably due to generations of diet, bottle neck effects and genetics

All the below individuals are arid/sahel dwellers and exhibit elongated limbs and head shapes different from a typical west or central African.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do We Cook And Eat At Funerals? / I Am Still Alive, I Am Still Relevant / Can Minorities Be Racist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.