Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,499 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time (33327 Views)

Flop Musicians Of 2014 / Top 1o Richest Musicians Of All Time / Top Ten Rappers Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
PhysicsQED: 1. Jimi Hendrix
2. Robert Johnson
3. Bob Marley
4. Donny Hathaway
5. Nas
6. 2pac
7. John Coltrane
8. Fela
9. Miles Davis
10. Michael Jackson

I see we've got the same taste in black culture (music wise).

However, Curtis Mayfield should be ahead of Miles Davis. grin
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by deo24128: 11:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
I can tell some of our ages (or mental ages) from all these lists flying about. How do you ever in all honesty create a top 10 without feeling guilty of bias
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
PhysicsQED

No love for g-funk and Wu Tang (5 %ers)?

Show G-funk some love, bruddah!
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by fruityjojo(f): 12:01am On Jan 09, 2014
Hmmm mine should be
Adele,
Tu face,
King Sunny Ade,
Eminem,
Bob Marley,
Sandi Patty,
Flavour,
Aretha Franklin,
Mariah Carey,
Dolly Parton &
Whitney Houstoncheesy.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by boban007: 12:01am On Jan 09, 2014
DAGRIN,ABBA,MICHAEL JACKSON,BOB MARLEY,FELA,WHITNEY HOUSTON,KENNY G,NEW EDITION ANDR KELLY.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Ossaifamous(m): 12:02am On Jan 09, 2014
Marian Carey
Fallout boy
Nickleback
Phil Collins
Lanre fasasi
kanye east
India arie
Lira (south Africa
Soha
Asa
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Btruth: 12:03am On Jan 09, 2014
Whatever, ..... you guys should remember Fela Anikulapo Kuti oooo. He was a prophet.

Suffering & Smiling! Nigeria wake up from your slumber.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by boban007: 12:03am On Jan 09, 2014
DAGRIN,ABBA,MICHAEL JACKSON,BOB MARLEY,FELA,WHITNEY HOUSTON,KENNY G,NEW EDITION AND R.KELLY.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:03am On Jan 09, 2014
I v varieties of them But if I m to pick 10, they ll be
10. Wasiu Ayinde (KWAM 1): Popularly known as KWAM 1, the Oluaye of fuji music is a legend. I acknowledge him for introducing instruments like saxophone & guitar to fuji music. Formerly, fuji Artistes play drums & keyboard which is not giving enough rhythm to their song.
Tracks like Solo Makinde, Vivid Imagination, Consolidation, Susun, Live in Berlin are classics.
9. Billy Ocean: Songs like: Love Zone, Carribean Queen, When the going gets tough & Suddenly are classics
8. Madonna: She's the godmother of pop.
Songs like: Who's that girl, Keep it together, La Isla Bonita are masterpieces.
7. Whitney Housten: She's the queen of pop.
Song's like: How will I know, Saving all my love for you, When do broken hearts go are classics
6. Atlantic Starr: This talented groups rocked the 80s with alot of romantic songs. If you wanna woo a lady & you are short of lines, just listen to tracks like Masterpiece, Love Crazy, Circles, Silver Shadow, I will love you for always are grammylized.
If you just do wedding, just select these tracks on your wedding night. You & your lover ll travel to el dorado sharperly.
5. Mariah Carey: I love her voice, beauty (when she was in her 20s). Listen to 5 star songs like: Love takes time, I still believe, My all, Miracles.
4. Wyclef Jean: The Haitian/American r&b rapper, songwriter, whatever. Songs like Wish you were here, Diallo, Two Wrongs, 911, It doesn't matter (Feat Dwayne Johnson The Rock), Something about Mary, MVP, Sweetest Girl, Industry & all his duets with the Fugees & Refugee All Stars.
3. 2Face Idibia: Our own Innocent Idibia is the greatest Nigerian R n B musician. Na only P-Square fit match am.
Songs like: Olè, If love is a crime, Implication, Raindrops are good for grammy.
2. Michael Jackson: Ah, Maikel Janson, crying.
Why did you die young?
I love most of his songs. To me, he's the greatest musician of all time since creation.
Songs like: Beat it, Rock with you, Stranger in Moscow, Speechless, Give it to me, Smooth Criminal, Thriller are record shatters.
1. Tope Alabi: Yes!
Lady Evang. Tope Alabi, a Nigerian gospel musician.
She sabi sing die.
She has composed & sang the soundtrack of most Yoruba movies produced between year 2000 till date.
Hit tracks like: Uncommon Favour, Olorun Gbangba (Big God), Jesu Olurapda (Jesus the Redeemer), Opin Irin Ajo (The end of the journey) are grammy bound if only *** lol!
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 09, 2014
dat list z a fake!!! y z Mi nt dia
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by boban007: 12:07am On Jan 09, 2014
DAGRIN,ABBA,MICHAEL JACKSON,BOB MARLEY,FELA,WHITNEY HOUSTON,KENNY G,NEW EDITION AND R.KELLY.MICHAEL BOLTON,PHIL COLLINS.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by not4sure(m): 12:08am On Jan 09, 2014
boban 007: DAGRIN,ABBA,MICHAEL JACKSON,BOB MARLEY,FELA,WHITNEY HOUSTON,KENNY G,NEW EDITION ANDR KELLY.

Hope u still dey alive because dose are names of d dead
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by boban007: 12:09am On Jan 09, 2014
DAGRIN,ABBA,MICHAEL JACKSON,BOB MARLEY,FELA,WHITNEY HOUSTON,KENNY G,NEW EDITION AND R.KELLY.MICHAEL BOLTON,PHIL COLLINS,BOYS TO MEN,BILLY OCEAN.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Negation: 12:10am On Jan 09, 2014
Raptor X: Most nairalanders are too young too be familiar with his music. Op ask for the ten best of all times and not your top 10 favorite musician cause peeps here are listing new artists with limited volume of work.

Bros, list your 10 and keep it moving, hitlerism is not needed.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by PhysicsQED(m): 12:10am On Jan 09, 2014
shymexx:

I see we've got the same taste in black culture (music wise).

However, Curtis Mayfield should be ahead of Miles Davis. grin

shymexx: PhysicsQED
No love for g-funk and Wu Tang (5 %ers)?
Show G-funk some love, bruddah!

Had to leave out a lot of the greats, since the list is supposed to be a top ten only. I agree that Mayfield is one of the best ever, but I'd rate Miles slightly above him personally and in terms of influence. But my list isn't really meant to be a proper ranking anyway, just the top artists that really appeal to me - for example, I know Donny Hathaway isn't really the 4th best musician ever, but I just think so much of his music was great and he died too soon, and if he had kept going and put out more music he could have been vying for that spot. I love Wu-Tang and G-funk but I made everyone in my list only individuals, not entire groups to keep things way simpler.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Darey00(m): 12:11am On Jan 09, 2014
10. Coldplay: soft rock at its best..
9: Don moen: Arise..arise...arise...arise.. take ur place!!!
8.R.Kelly: D boss
7. Taylor Swift: can't get enough of her country music
6. Tu face: big star with an humble heart
5. Owl City: dz guy is simply OMG!!
4. Celine Deon: Love songs
3. Lara George: voice is awesome
2.ASA!!!!!!!!!
1. Chris Brown... i love love CB!! enuff said
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Chrisdmeek(m): 12:11am On Jan 09, 2014
bluejeff: 10. Modenine
9. Tuface Idibia
8. Celine Dion
7. Nas
6. Jay Z
5. Kanye West
4. Lucky Dube
3. Bob Marley
2. Fela kuti
1. Micheal Jackson
who d f***** is Kanye west?? Jay Z can be manageable a little. Plss consider lyrics (meaningful ones for dat matter ) I'd rather pick Nas in place of dat two. @OP ur list is OK. Jst dat I couldn't find Fella Anikulapo Kuti .............. d I luv Don moen alot too
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by say4gunit(m): 12:12am On Jan 09, 2014
10. African China
9. Danfo drivers
8. Stormrex
7. Sloowdog
6. Flavour
5. Eldee
4. Mallam spicey
3. Syko
2. TerryG
1. Mr Raw (dat nogga raw)
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by DBlackCeazer(m): 12:13am On Jan 09, 2014
Anita Baker
Sade Adu
Light House Family
Fela
Femi Kuti
2 face Idibia
snoop dog
2 pac
Michael Jackson
and my best R kelly.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 09, 2014
9ice
Nas
Seal
Chris Brown
Nickelback
Justin Timberlake
Craig david
Boys2men
Micheal Bolton
Micheal Jackson

1 Like

Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by boban007: 12:16am On Jan 09, 2014
@ not4sure.ure definitely not 4 sure.may be ure the dead one.cos d last time I checked,abba are still alive so also R.kelly,Kenny G and New edition.im sure uve gone extinct.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by ace1(m): 12:17am On Jan 09, 2014
I tried several times creating a list of my top ten artiste of all time but I just couldn't. Maybe a top 10 for each genre would be easier
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Chrisdmeek(m): 12:18am On Jan 09, 2014
Pamcrest: In no particular order

Whitney Houston
Celine Dion
Luther Vandross
Donna Summer
Beyonce Knowles
Lionel Ritchie
Michael Jackson
Psquare
Dbanj
Diana Ross
King Sunny Ade
Fela

Beyonce kee?? Dbanj ....
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 09, 2014
PhysicsQED:

Had to leave out a lot of the greats, since the list is supposed to be a top ten only. I agree that Mayfield is one of the best ever, but I'd rate Miles slightly above him personally. But my list isn't really meant to be a proper ranking anyway, just the top artists that really appeal to me - for example, I know Donny Hathaway isn't really the 4th best musician ever, but I just think so much of his music was great and he died too soon, and if he had kept going and put out more music he could have been vying for that spot. I love Wu-Tang and G-funk but I made everyone in my lists only individuals, not entire groups to keep things way simpler.

I know, I was just messing about with you. I grew up on G-funk and west coast rappers were the first rappers I started out with as a youngin - because that was what my brother used to play. And Ice Cube will always be one of my top-10 favourite musicians ever. However, I didn't put him in my top 10.

I like your list, though.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by boban007: 12:19am On Jan 09, 2014
DAGRIN,ABBA,MICHAEL JACKSON,BOB MARLEY,FELA,WHITNEY HOUSTON,KENNY G,NEW EDITION AND R.KELLY.MICHAEL BOLTON,PHIL COLLINS,BOYS TO MEN,BILLY OCEAN,PETER TOSH,ROY C.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by leggo: 12:20am On Jan 09, 2014
shadrach77: The compiler of this list is silly> How will you have such a list without Fela Kuti, Bob Marley and Sunny Ade? angry angry angry angry
you are the foolish one, bro
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Cdspencer(m): 12:23am On Jan 09, 2014
1: Bob Marley
2: Tupac
3: 50 Cent
4: Majek Fashek
5: Peter Tosh
6: Mobb Deep
7: Shabba Ranks
8: Pericoma of Aro ndi Izüögü
9: Osadebe
10: Gregory Isaac
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by gabelogan(m): 12:25am On Jan 09, 2014
1. Luther vandross
2. Yukmouth (1 half of the rap duo, the luniz. I knw very few people knw about him)
3. 2pac
4. Micheal jackson
5. Se7en (that guy can sing!!!!!!!!!!!!)
6. Whitney houston
8. Dmx
9. Kevon edmonds
10. Brian mcknight

Honorable mention: fela anikulapo-kuti, poetic lovers, sisqo/dru hill, boyz 2 men,
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Nazcoj(m): 12:33am On Jan 09, 2014
These are my favourites... Note that the order is not according to preference:
10. Fela.
9. Bob Marley.
8. Whitney Houston.
7. Maria Carey.
6. Celine Dion.
5. 2pac.
4. Michael Jackson.
3. Adele.
2. 2face.
1. Kenny Rogers(Don Williams).
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 09, 2014
As a critical fan of Naija Musique:
10. Choc Boiz(ICE, MI, JESSE, BRYMO)
9. Chidinma
8. Davido
7. Banky W
6. D'banj
5. Asa
4. PSquare
3. Jeremiah Gyang
2. Wizkid
1. 2face
jam their songs anywhere, anytime. Plus i mixd up choc boiz coz they remain that to me no mata hw they split

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Portable Releases New Song Criticizing Apostle Suleman For Using Bulletproof Car / Music : Bro Collins Ononuju - Look To You / Nigerians And South Africans Unite To Mock Meek Mill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.