Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,422 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) (47737 Views)

See What Was Captured From The Sky JULY 9 / Terrible: A Python Caught On Camera Swallowing A Huge Crocodile (pics) / A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by Smooyis(m): 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
Idoma Likita: My President Is a Zoologist yet my Country Has The Worst Animal Protection Profile in the World!

*sighs*
If our president cannot show some responsibility in his area of academic specialization, I wonder what we can really expect from him. God save Nigeria.
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by RaptorX: 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
Its gonna be hard if not impossible to convince the average Nigerian of the benefit of wildlife conservation with the level of poverty in the land.
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by seangy4konji: 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
pics or it did not happen
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by simdam500(m): 4:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
grin
pembisco:
was dt necessary? Wel weda has or nt, he's d president now. So go nd die
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by kingsleyMbang(m): 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
Abbycite: Where is d Pix?
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by kingsleyMbang(m): 6:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ths post should hv featured d pic of d said crocodile cheesy grin
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by Horus(m): 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

weak laws and lack of commitment by the Govt. It is upto us to pressurize the Govt.

A little money changing hands and you can export an elephant out of Nigeria (if there are any left that is. .)

Maybe the solution is the creation of jobs with an Animal Protection Organisation

1 Like

Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by InvertedHammer: 8:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
eluquenson: Nigerians have a shallow brain, cos its a wild animal & it means they must kill it, na wao

/

You are a hypocrite!

Cow, chicken, grasscutter and other meat wey you dey chop...no be papa born am?

That is why it is called "food chain". Abi make them hug am?

It must be a good day for onions, crayfish, pepper sellers around the area.

Peppersoup thingz on my mind!

\

1 Like

Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by whitecat007: 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ibos will get some meat to swallow their akpu. Yuckk!!!
Freewilly: Very sad, why didn't they relocate the poor animal to an animal sanctuary to promote tourism. But those tiger clawed face oily soup eaters killed the poor crocodile to use in their soup.
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by Decryptor(m): 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
Freewilly: Very sad, why didn't they relocate the poor animal to an animal sanctuary to promote tourism. But those tiger clawed face oily soup eaters killed the poor crocodile to use in their soup.
First of all, they claimed an octopus was an alien...
A toy-craft was a UFO/Drone...
I won't be surprised if what they saw this time was a big monitor lizard and they say crocodile. Illiteracy at it's peak
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
Jakumo:

You obviously checked the wrong place, and obtained falsehood rather than facts, but as long as you are happy, that is all that counts.

YES SIR IM HAPPY AS A SWINE IN FILTH
U CANT BLAME PEOPLE HERE E IF THEY DONT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BTW A NILE CROCODILE ANDNTHE HARMLESS ONE
HAVE U AC5IVISTS BOTHERED TO SPONSOR ANY PROGRAM TO ENLIGHTEN PEOPLE? NO
I TELL U WHAT PEOPLE SAW. THEY SAW A MEAN LOOKING 6 FOOT REPTILE
HOW R THEY SUPPOSED TO KNOW ITS HARMLESS?
OH YEAH ACCORDING TO MR. MUSA IT SPOKE. MAYBE IT WAS TRYING TO TELL THEM IT WAS HARMLESS
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/

You are a hypocrite!

Cow, chicken, grasscutter and other meat wey you dey chop...no be papa born am?

That is why it is called "food chain". Abi make them hug am?

It must be a good day for onions, crayfish, pepper sellers around the area.

Peppersoup thingz on my mind!

\

humans are not part of the food chain. humans can be extremely disruptive and have been known to destroy many food chains over the ages.
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by tijehi(f): 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
Make these estate people check to makee sure say Lions and Tigers no dey live inside their Behind amazon forest estate o.
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
Horus:

Maybe the solution is the creation of jobs with an Animal Protection Organisation

True. that makes sense. Usually it is the locals that are employed by the Forest Dept. as rangers, etc.

Thats what they do in places like Kenya, Zimbabwe, Namibia, etc.
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by pizzaboi55(m): 11:20pm On Jan 04, 2014
Mayor_of_Lagos: Why are they shooting the croc? Africans have no respect for animals and environment.

i see.
And your advice to arms-bearing Security men confronted with the unusual sight of a huge and obviously dangerous crocodile, by 2am, would have been......
?!!!
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by Afritop(m): 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
Wonders they say in naija will never end. Its sounds as if the motocyclist was emphasizing that the Croc was singing! Skekewu. I want to chop you!!!
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by Joeadamxx(m): 1:12am On Jan 05, 2014
Ogechi said " I think it’s very dangerous because a crocodile should not be going about in a neighbourhood,” she said. Well, Ogechi, the Crocodile was in ITS neigbourhood. You humans went and shrank its neigbourhood by buying lands in the swamps. So you are the one encroaching on the Crocodile's habitat. Kapisch!?!

1 Like

Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 05, 2014
Sloan: LWTMB! grin grin How can a crocodile speak in human voice to demand a human being for food?? This country people no go take laff kill person one day!
chairman, u never hear of witch
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by bank2k4real(m): 7:17am On Jan 05, 2014
happy sunday....check my signature
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by InvertedHammer: 8:42am On Jan 05, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

humans are not part of the food chain. humans can be extremely disruptive and have been known to destroy many food chains over the ages.
/
Until you meet a very hungry carnivore like tiger, python, crocodile, etc. then you will know whether

human beings are part of the food chain or not. Heck we are omnivores which is why we eat everything

\

1 Like

Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:05am On Jan 05, 2014
InvertedHammer:
/
Until you meet a very hungry carnivore like tiger, python, crocodile, etc. then you will know whether

human beings are part of the food chain or not. Heck we are omnivores which is why we eat everything

\

I have met pythons and corcodiles. I have even held pythons. undecided
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by jacksony(m): 10:57am On Jan 05, 2014
Na crocodile hear crocodile voice o.I am hearing it for the first time that crocodile speak.infact I no fit laugh finish
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by thasouthwestson: 11:26am On Jan 05, 2014
Too much American movies don dey affect people's brain..dem cum dey form oyinbo here... How I go see something wey fit cause me or ma fellow human harm wey I no go kill? Nawao..

Like dem wild animals get respect for humans abi?
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by stephan24: 11:27am On Jan 05, 2014
Sloan: LWTMB! grin grin How can a crocodile speak in human voice to demand a human being for food?? This country people no go take laff kill person one day!
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
thasouthwestson:
Like dem wild animals get respect for humans abi?

their brains are not as developed as ours (depends on the animal).

I dont understand how can you make such a sillY statement? you lack reason and logic.
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by olu77(m): 1:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
Jakumo: That is an African Dwarf Crocodile, whose diet consists primarily of snails, fish and rodents. These nocturnal creatures, which do not exceed about 6 feet in length when mature, are very timid, and would NEVER stalk a human being. As a kid, I learned to swim in a river that was home to many of these gentle and now critically endangered animals, which would roar now and then, but were never seen during the day. To get a Dwarf crocodile to bite, one would have to corner it and actually try to grab it, because, unlike its larger cousin the half-ton Nile Crocodile, this species will ALWAYS flee, if given that option.

Obviously, the habitat this rapidly dwindling enclave of wildlife occupies in Lagos is being destroyed to make way for the sprawling development of human hordes, who, in their usual ignorance, become hysterical and blood-thirsty at the sight of any living beings besides other humans. Too bad there are no zoos in Nigeria, besides the human zoo, because the fate of all wildlife in the country will ultimately be to die at the hands of screeching mobs, and then to be eaten by greedy mouths.

Our level of ignorance is too high in this part of the world. We have people in town planning who are not doing their jobs, many of these swampy areas where houses are been erected at all cost should have been preserved and fenced off for wildlife. We spend years in schools and fail to understand the importance of our environment and the ecosystem. According to an expert, “Crocodiles are known as the species that clean up the river as they eat carcasses of other species and balance its population in the habitat. These had been seen as a major role to ensure rivers are functioning smoothly" http://www.theborneopost.com/2012/04/01/crocodiles-play-important-role-in-ecosystem/

1 Like

Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by thasouthwestson: 2:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

their brains are not as developed as ours (depends on the animal).

I dont understand how can you make such a sillY statement? you lack reason and logic.

And you lack manners... Chicken brain
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
thasouthwestson:

And you lack manners... Chicken brain

your father has chicken brain.
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by omotaio: 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
na wa o, e be like after una capture d crocodile una carry go Dolby go snap
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by thasouthwestson: 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

your father has chicken brain.

Grow up.
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by Huzzie: 3:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
Please let's stop acting like we are in an advanced country...what's all d blabbing about relocate or sth, *if u had seen dt same croc in ur neighboorhood, wot would av bn ur thought? Call d police or wildlife rangers or what?
Usually, in US if you see a wild animal in your house, compound or neighboorhood, you arenot to take any action other than report to the apporpriate authority.its up to them to figure out what should be done....back to nigeria, you see a cobra or viper even scorpion in your compound, are u telling me relocating the animal would be ur first thought?
The only Zoo I av bn to in nigeria is U.I zoo and I bet you, if you take such animal there they would gladly refuse it because it is weigh weigh below standard and cannot accomodate such...I only saw one croc there in wan thiny pool or pond#whor efa#.

Disclaimer: I am indifferent to either killing it or relocating it, I am only tryna share my opinion as a realist.cheers
Re: A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) by thasouthwestson: 4:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
Huzzie: Please let's stop acting like we are in an advanced country...what's all d blabbing about relocate or sth, *if u had seen dt same croc in ur neighboorhood, wot would av bn ur thought? Call d police or wildlife rangers or what?
Usually, in US if you see a wild animal in your house, compound or neighboorhood, you arenot to take any action other than report to the apporpriate authority.its up to them to figure out what should be done....back to nigeria, you see a cobra or viper even scorpion in your compound, are u telling me relocating the animal would be ur first thought?
The only Zoo I av bn to in nigeria is U.I zoo and I bet you, if you take such animal there they would gladly refuse it because it is weigh weigh below standard and cannot accomodate such...I only saw one croc there in wan thiny pool or pond#whor efa#.

Disclaimer: I am indifferent to either killing it or relocating it, I am only tryna share my opinion as a realist.cheers

Thank u o... Wow so nairaland still get correct ppl with brain like this and not em chicken brain fools.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Epic 1960 Guiness Billboard Advertisement (PICS) / Photos: Military Officer Orders Man To Frog Jump For Scratching His Car. / What Sounds As A Compliment But Is Actually An Insult. ? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.