Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,834 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Girls night out discussions - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girls night out discussions (86517 Views)

Home Economics Discussions For Moms / Girls Night Out Part 2!!!! Better And Simplified / Boys Night Out Discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 3:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
cococandy:
Any Man below 5 years older than I am is too young for me. lipsrsealed
I knew that right from when I still dey belle.
I can do 2 or 3 years younger, anything short of that will feel like we are from different world and time, but I do know that this can depend on individuals sha, just on a general level, this is the lowest I can go.

I also don't like older men, if you are 5 years older than me, I'm not sure how that will make me feel, I just really love men in my age range, I believe we will connect better that way.
Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2015
^^^^ I think the important deciding factor is what stage of marriage the couple are in.
For a newly wed (aka below 5-8 yrs of marriage. that's my newly wed number), it is so not ideal. I don't see myself agreeing to that. I'd feel like of that time passes, we will never get it back until our twilight year when our bones ache and are too stiff to enjoy each other as much as we should.

But after the honeymoon and post honeymoon phases are over, then I won't mind being more practical about what kind of sacrifices to make to ensure we get to our goals sooner.
2-3 yrs at a time is much IMO. Things can happen within that long window of time.
I may agree to a few months out of the year. It doesn't seems so bad. After all apart from me, the kids also need to bond with their father. They can't do that if he's abroad chasing paper years at a stretch.

Cc damiso.
Re: Girls night out discussions by edwife(f): 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2015
Ladies please i know we women love gist but we need to organized a bit. cheesy

Are we talking about older men?Long distance marriages?little misunderstanding which one?

I think we need to cover a topic before moving to the next and try expand on it accurately.

It will be a bit confusing and not interesting.Just trying to keep us in order. smiley
Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2015
Yipee BABE3 is here, how can I forget to mention you?cheesy

Kandikane
Damiso
And many more, make all of una land here.
Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 3:54pm On Aug 05, 2015
freecocoa:
I can do 2 or 3 years younger, anything short of that will feel like we are from different world and time, but I do know that this can depend on individuals sha, just on a general level, this is the lowest I can go.

I also don't like older men, if you are 5 years older than me, I'm not sure how that will make me feel, I just really love men in my age range, I believe we will connect better that way.
different strokes I guess. smiley
Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
Lol.

As the spirit leads.
edwife:

Are we talking about older men?Long distance marriages?little misunderstanding which one?

I think we need to cover a topic before moving to the next and try expand on it accurately.

It will be a bit confusing and not interesting.Just trying to keep us in order. smiley
Re: Girls night out discussions by BABE3: 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
freecocoa:

Do you think those things are too trivial a thing to look out for in a man and hold onto? Or is she stuck in lalaland?

...stuck in lalaland/hollywood/disneyworld/Aruba. cheesy
Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 3:56pm On Aug 05, 2015
Babe3. How are you? smiley
Re: Girls night out discussions by edwife(f): 3:56pm On Aug 05, 2015
cococandy:
Lol.

As the spirit leads.

Lol i know we women...plenty to say... grin
Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 3:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
edwife:

You are right though, maybe we should pick a topic and decide how long we can stay on it, before picking another.

But thing is, how do we do that? It's obvious everyone can't be on the thread at the same time and new people may join in at any point, which may make it a bit difficult to achieve our aim.
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 3:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
Still observing

@freecocoa
If you are dead certain of the sincerity of his love then surely the only noticeable gap in the relationship is the issue of flexibility as far as opinion and positions are concerned.

These may appear trivial at the minute but they can be huge in the wider scheme of things. It appears that both of you are strong opinionated and the only way to counter two strong personality is by ensuring there is constant consistent communication between you two. You both have to keep reassuring one another about respecting each other's views and sometimes even go extra length to see the other person's point of view when taking informed decisions

You both have to learn to listen and accommodate each other's differences where possible

Find common ground some times and see how the relationship changes course.
Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 4:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
BABE3:

...stuck in lalaland/hollywood/disneyworld/Aruba. cheesy

Lol, I trust you to drop it as it's hot.grin
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 4:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
I hope i ain't intruding una sacred space ooooo

If i am make una just tell me so i can vamoose pronto
Re: Girls night out discussions by BABE3: 4:01pm On Aug 05, 2015
cococandy:
Babe3. How are you? smiley

I'm fine, thank you. smiley You?

Oh For those that care to know, I'm no more a vegan. A couple of months into the journey, I realized it isn't my calling. grin

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
cococandy:
different strokes I guess. smiley
Yea.
Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 4:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
BABE3:

Oh For those that care to know, I'm no more a vegan. A couple of months into the journey, I realized it isn't my calling. grin
I just take one eye dey look you, as you be like agbani, you come still decide say na grass sure pass, that na die na.grin
Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
BABE3:

Bwahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhaha!

Sweetheart, not laughing at you, laughing with you grin

How are you?

Sorry for not mentioning you earlier.
Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
jaybee3:
Still observing

@freecocoa
If you are dead certain of the sincerity of his love then surely the only noticeable gap in the relationship is the issue of flexibility as far as opinion and positions are concerned.

These may appear trivial at the minute but they can be huge in the wider scheme of things. It appears that both of you are strong opinionated and the only way to counter two strong personality is by ensuring there is constant consistent communication between you two. You both have to keep reassuring one another about respecting each other's views and sometimes even go extra length to see the other person's point of view when taking informed decisions

You both have to learn to listen and accommodate each other's differences where possible

Find common ground some times and see how the relationship changes course.
Albright, I will tell the lady.cheesy
Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
Freecocoa.

If you're the one in question, pls don't lose a man that adores you. Those are hard to come by.

I've not even seen any much faults you listed there except the getting angry part. If he doesn't get violent when angry, what's the big deal? Just that he sulks longer? Everyone is not the same.

Wish for Taller, funnier? pfft. inconsequential in the long run as you will find out.

Him not giving second chances may be harsh but it could also mean that he's disciplined. Does it reflect in his character? If it does, then you know you've gat yourself a keeper who won't stray on you because he doesn't believe in second chances.
Hopefully it's not one sided. That's the part you might want look into very well. But that's what courtships are for.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
tollu:
between you people and I, his age wasn't a problem at all. His "something" was unbelievably small, almost like a child's. I couldn't understand why a fine strapping guy like that had a kini that couldn't belleful me

Taste is everything.

shockedshockedshocked

cheesygrincheesy
Freecocoa thanks for bringing me here smiley
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
@damiso,im a 100% practical and realist fella.
I will agree. Konji won't kill me.
And him either.
A cheating man will always cheat under ur nose.
If it's for the good of d family,why not?
Unless we r ttcing.
But if not,he has my support.

Even in obodo naija here, me and hubby r miles apart.
Very hard decision for me considering the fact that I just put to bed and in a new place but I have since adapted. Wasn't easy but d advantage out ways d dis.
Not for a long time though

I hv also conditioned my mind for d inevitable cos his work always take him miles away most times so even when we were together, he was o no nso eru aka(lol)
Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
BABE3:

i'm fine too.

Good. I was almost feeling sorry for you that time.
Like 'how will she manage without meat'?
Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
edwife:

Are we talking about older men? Long distance marriages? little misunderstanding which one?

It will be a bit confusing and not interesting. Just trying to keep us in order. smiley

I agree.

Seems we are done with managing time (even though you did not drop yours as you promised to do so grin) and moved to age difference of couples...

So

Anything above 5yrs is 'old' for me

As per younger, wouldn't mind 1 -2yrs younger.
Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
edwife:

Lol i know we women...plenty to say... grin

I guess you're right anyway.
Re: Girls night out discussions by edwife(f): 4:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
freecocoa:
Okay ladies, so when does it become "expecting too much" in a man?

I should give a synopsis for better understanding.

Ok so you were in a relationship for say 2 years or more and it was okay, you both were in love but usually argue about things, not like in a quarrelsome way, just tend to see things differently a lot and are both very passionate about your views which kinda makes it get personal most times, but along the line, you noticed he's tilted a whole lot to your side, while still holding unto some of his.

It is okay for a couple to see things differently,after all we are different.A relationship is based on two individuals with different background,what you need to do is to learn to accommodate your partner thoughts and views.Whenever i see that we are not on the same page,i usually let go and change subject.If you are the type of always wanting to have the last say or win an argument then it will be difficult if you meet such partner.

He tends to get really angry when he gets angry and doesn't really give people second chances and that's something you don't like, as you on the other hand can give chances die and you wish he was taller than he is, funnier and act in what you believe is a "more civilised" way, he's not bush or anything, you just believe there's still room for refinement.

This is a problem,it is either you live with it or you don't.If he is not hiding the fact that he does't give a second chance and you know that you are also bent on your way,you need to rethink darling.

But are you sure this guy loves you? You can say a resounding yes and he does it with a passion that can literally be felt, sometimes you even fear if this is just love, he is extremely proud of you, all his friends place you on a pedestal, you are sure he'd defend you even if they say something not pleasant about you, in plain word he adores you. Yet somehow, you can't get to look past the things listed, as you keep feeling like if he doesn't meet up to those expectations, you'd never really be happy with him, you realise you love him but just can't seem to admire him.

Do you think those things are too trivial a thing to look out for in a man and hold onto? Or is she stuck in lalaland?

Sweetheart if you feel it within you that the guy loves you,try to always compromise.There is no perfect man out there who is gonna tick all your criteria,it looks to me as trivial but to you i don't know.

You need to see what is important in this relationship,make a list of things you think you can live with and things you can't live with,weight them and answer them.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
Freecocoa,stop living in wonderland cheesy cheesy
U won't kill me with that post of urs cheesy
(sorry o u might be very serious but... cheesy)

On a more serious note,if u don't feel it, pls take the dreaded walk away.

U must hv peace of mind with whomever u r dealing with(d most important).

U sound resigned.

If ur temperament falls among d melancholic type,abeg,run!
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
@post cc Freecocoa

Tell the lady that height or whatever never really matter if she is truly in love. From your narration, she seem to be feeding off the man's love (while thinking that she is also in love with him)
If the man doesn't meet up to her expectations, even when she knows/feels that he loves and adores her, then IMO, she should just leave him be and look for a man that fits her specs; instead of letting her feeling of resentment/irritation for him grow.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
cococandy:
i'm fine too.

Good. I was almost feeling sorry for you that time.
Like 'how will she manage without meat'?

Chei! Bad mouth cheesy
How can u feel sorry for her?
U! Eeh! cheesy
Re: Girls night out discussions by damiso(f): 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
grin grin grin grin

edwife no vex I guess me and Freecocoa were typing at the same time..

Ok lets debate matters of the heart first then more practical stuff.

Cococandy nice perspective.

freecocoa I believe a couple will have common interests and goals BUT definitely almost always have tons of issues that they disagree. The key thing is learning to agree to disagree. Me and husband have so many things that we disagree we still had an argument last night about 'benefit scroungers' as he calls them. The description you gave about not giving people second chances/ and the other person giving chances is like me and my husband. Me , i can make excuses for people ehn. But my husband once you mess up twice (ok maybe he gives 3rd chance ) that's its. I still got burnt last week by a tailor that has repeatedly always never sewn my fabrics when needed. I was just trying to help cos i know she needs that money but to my husband she has done it twice so he cant understand why i would use her again just because of sentiments( papers etc ). If she needed the money she would be more efficient is his argument( which is sorta true).These days though he gives people more chances( guess my influence) and I also can see when i am being taken for granted a bit more. If my husband tells you he will be somewhere at 8pm he will be there at 8pm. and kinda holds people to his owns standards which I try to tell him is not possible. He cant stand deceit,ineffiency,pretense etc.

If those are the only issue you just need to learn how to communicate with each other.
Re: Girls night out discussions by edwife(f): 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
BABE3:

I knew it,was just a matter of time.I didn't start this journey today.... wink
Re: Girls night out discussions by damiso(f): 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
BABE3:

Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
The train has obviously moved.

Over to freecocoa

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (41) (Reply)

Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez / Man Discovered He Is Not The Father Of His Children Through Wife's Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.