Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

MEDITATION - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MEDITATION (479 Views)

Meditation To Bring Money / Meditation Of The Day(john 5:31-47) / Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MEDITATION by Nobody: 4:56am On Jan 04, 2014
How do i meditate effectively, How do i achieve inner peace and serenity, i want to align with the peacefulness of nature thus forgetting my troubles, worries and anxieties.
I was wandering if i can hear or gain from the experience of any Buddhist or experienced fellow in the house, not just from Google.
Thanks.
Re: MEDITATION by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
Buzzonix: How do i meditate effectively, How do i achieve inner peace and serenity, i want to align with the peacefulness of nature thus forgetting my troubles, worries and anxieties.
I was wandering if i can hear or gain from the experience of any Buddhist or experienced fellow in the house, not just from Google.
Thanks.

There are two main things you will need to learn in order to meditate effectively.

First you need to learn how to quieten your mind, still your random thoughts. This is easier said than done.
Second, you need to learn how to centre yourself.

If you are a beginner, do a few yoga asanas for a few months, coupled with breathing exercises, I have found Pranayama invaluable.
Re: MEDITATION by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
Sarassin:

There are two main things you will need to learn in order to meditate effectively.

First you need to learn how to quieten your mind, still your random thoughts. This is easier said than done.
Second, you need to learn how to centre yourself.

If you are a beginner, do a few yoga asanas for a few months, coupled with breathing exercises, I have found Pranayama invaluable.
Thanks a lot. How did you come to know about the pranayama and other techniques?
Re: MEDITATION by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
Buzzonix: Thanks a lot. How did you come to know about the pranayama and other techniques?

You're welcome.

I practice Tantra, pranayama is a significant part of tantric meditative practices.

(1) (Reply)

Today Jan 8 Open Heaven By Pst Adeboye / Pope Francis Says No Individual Salvation Outside Of Catholic Church Does Exist / Beware Of Disobedience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.