Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (36415 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Suspected Attitude Of Each Dude/lady In The Romance Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Polio: 1:09am On Jan 07, 2014
It is so not cool.

ladies, ya'all need to stand on your own twos, for Gods sake!
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Skinni10ne: 4:32am On Jan 07, 2014
Theblessed: [size=16pt]
That way you will be able to instill in them, confidence and independence but hey, knowing Nigerian men and their ego problems - can they handle it, when a woman stand on her own feet and demand respect?

You see, Nigerian men are not emotionally and psychologically mature enough, to deal with this kind of values (a Nigerian woman's independence) that you seem to be suggesting.

Until then don't even think about it because if encouraged, it will throw open alot of worms, from the can - can you take it? grin
[/size]

I dont think we should care about nigerian mens ego. I would rather nigerian girls be known as independent women than money hungry women who sleep with men for money.

The insults from these men are sad. Theres obviously no respect for the nigerian woman and we need to get that back.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jtenna: 10:34am On Jan 07, 2014
frank043:

Kul!!!...sensible tlk,i need ur type 4a GF cos I'm single,buh nt seriously searching.wat do u say?no offence,pls.
sorry love, i have a really cool guy already. But we can be friends though :-D
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by PreciousBro: 10:48am On Jan 07, 2014
^^ By "Really cool guy" I'm sure you mean one that buys all you demand ? lipsrsealed .. grin lol
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by bleeper: 6:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
Do I blame you? If not for some guys with low self-esteem that would make some silly, smelling, half-educated girls who have nothing to offer but their pussy to push them around.

And when you call them weaklings, they complain. People with low lives who can't affort N500= recharge card without a male bank rolling it. Girls with your type of mentality need to get a life. It's not compulsory to say yes to him. If you know it is only his money you want, say no and then go to a proper ashawo joint and display your ware. shameless olosho!!

black_beau: So,when its time to wash your clothes,cook your meals,keep your house clean ,grace your bed and in some cases,go to your parents place to help out,there are no complaints. Abi,u don't know its your mothers responsibility? When its tym to foot her bills,it automatically becomes her fathers responsibilty. I'm not saying its right for a girl to put all her financial responsibility on her bf but if she decides to,keep quiet and take care of it.she puts up wiv all your 'nonesense' afterall
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jtenna: 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
~PreciousBro~:
^^ By "Really cool guy" I'm sure you mean one that buys all you demand ? lipsrsealed .. grin lol
see me see wahala oh! Trouble dey sleep yanga wan wake am. Well, am not gonna wake dude. U are just like most of my stingy ex bfs dat can't even boost of having spent up to 20k on me. For the record, am a very independent chick and i don't need to inform any man b4 i eat! :-P
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
jakesund:

I read your post thoroughly and truth be told I'm not surprised... the thread owner was stating his opinion and was asking what we all think about the Nigerian girl over dependent mentality..

if you were so different as you're trying to portray your Ill mannered self, courtesy demands you politely state your opinion and leave...

you went all out calling the thread owner "DAFT" for stating his opinion which last time I checked he's entitled to...

it hurts when you see people talking about the kinda person you are... which is over dependent and greedy...

THREE ADVICE FOR YOU...

-GET SOME MANNERS...

-STOP BEING DEPENDENT ON YOUR BOYFRIEND

- AND STOP TRYING SO HARD TO PROVE YOU'RE DIFFERENT JUST TO GET A BOYFRIEND ON NAIRALAND

NO ONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT YOU shocked
Harshness shocked shocked but you made a good point. We dont have to result to insults to get points across. Because someone's opinion differs from yours does not give anyone the right to insult the other for no reason. It's a form of bullying. People should learn to communicate in a mature manner.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by PreciousBro: 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
j.tenna:

see me see wahala oh! Trouble dey sleep yanga wan wake am. Well, am not gonna wake dude. U are just like most of my stingy ex bfs dat can't even boost of having spent up to 20k on me. For the record, am a very independent chick and i don't need to inform any man b4 i eat! :-P

Wake up jor tongue grin I want you to wake. lol

Speaking of .. lipsrsealed ex BFs ? So them many like that, and they haven't spent up to 20k on you ? Awww grin grin Maybe they feel you don't deserve "up to" 20k worth spending considering your sense of reasoning isn't up to per... after all, they are many and you're independent na ,so why should they spend ? grin . As for me being stingy in your minds eye just because I dey talk true ..lol ,I don't know o
but I'm guessing you have a knack to be deeply imaginative of ones life via disagreement

There must be something attractive in a local girl,I'm still searching,you seem interesting! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by JamesPanya: 7:18am On Jan 08, 2014
Poverty is the cause of all this funny act from naija babes and that's why they easily fall into various kinds of mishap. May God help us.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by cheezypeachy(f): 8:50am On Jan 08, 2014
frank043:

Hmmm!ur types' kinda rare right?I wudnt mind hv'n u as my gurl...I wnt v 2 spend much,right??#winks#
dummy sad it means let them go out and get a decent job.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jtenna: 10:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
~PreciousBro~:

Wake up jor tongue grin I want you to wake. lol

Speaking of .. lipsrsealed ex BFs ? So them many like that, and they haven't spent up to 20k on you ? Awww grin grin Maybe they feel you don't deserve "up to" 20k worth spending considering your sense of reasoning isn't up to per... after all, they are many and you're independent na ,so why should they spend ? grin . As for me being stingy in your minds eye just because I dey talk true ..lol ,I don't know o
but I'm guessing you have a knack to be deeply imaginative of ones life via disagreement

There must be something attractive in a local girl,I'm still searching,you seem interesting! cheesy
arrgh!!! Now you just poured me a cold bucket of water, i am so fully awake.
Not only do you have a defective reasoning, you also have a gutterish mind. Can't a girl who have had just 3bfs in her life refer to them as ex-bfs? Uhmmm.
Really? You are a really nas.ty guy for writting that maybe they feel i dont deserve up to 20k. Wow! I must confess u got me pissed there. U know what, now i see why gals go for the cash. I don't blame them anymore. Talking 4rm personal experience. A girl never really asked for anything except love instead of cherishing her type which is hard to come by, they would take her 4 granted while still asking too much from her. Its guys like u dat change good girls like me... smh
what truth are your talking? Do u think u are really making conversation from your sh.it filled mouth? :-x :-D . . .lol. Funny
and who's a local gal? Pack go one corner or go hit seun's a.s.s. I don't do NL romance. BG tins :-P
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by PreciousBro: 12:38am On Jan 09, 2014
j.tenna:

arrgh!!! Now you just poured me a cold bucket of water, i am so fully awake.
Not only do you have a defective reasoning, you also have a gutterish mind. Can't a girl who have had just 3bfs in her life refer to them as ex-bfs? Uhmmm.
Really? You are a really nas.ty guy for writting that maybe they feel i dont deserve up to 20k. Wow! I must confess u got me pissed there. U know what, now i see why gals go for the cash. I don't blame them anymore. Talking 4rm personal experience. A girl never really asked for anything except love instead of cherishing her type which is hard to come by, they would take her 4 granted while still asking too much from her. Its guys like u dat change good girls like me... smh
what truth are your talking? Do u think u are really making conversation from your sh.it filled mouth? :-x :-D . . .lol. Funny
and who's a local gal? Pack go one corner or go hit seun's a.s.s. I don't do NL romance. BG tins :-P

Sssssh Shut It!

Why are you getting frustrated over nothing ? You fail to defend your hungry-like characteristic tongue You're scared of what Nairalanders would see you as, grin eyaah. They already know".I was actually trying to be cool even though I knew you clearly don't deserve it.

I'd respect you more if you defend what you believe in(Anyway,you're trying to but halting and I wonder why ? ) and what you are, a gold-digging money hungry leech with money detecting proboscis attached to your oesophagus.(Long Throat grin )

Check the previous post of yours for proof of your miserable state where you even went as far as calling figures grin "20k" like everyone doesn't know how its relative to each one,20k might be money to you and change to another,you know ? You believe in asking/receiving like its a right and then still claimed you're independent,.. grin my foot!!!!who cares about your hungry ex boyfriends and how many they are ?

Cheap shiiit like you don't know how to give but to collect collect and collect..lol. Guys like me ? shocked wetin you know about me ? You,out of paranoia again,seem to guess my life style on here like a frustrated wife to a drone. Smh abegi you park next to your own gutter where you were birthed, its no wonder your brain is filled with dirts and all manner of traits associated with a woman of easy virtue. Razz she-goat.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jtenna: 6:41am On Jan 09, 2014
Lol. There is nothing to defend bro. Just speaking the truth which is clearly bitter. Anyway, u can haul insults at ur future wife, not me. I will pass on dat cause you don't know me to conclude anything. Check previous posts, u were the one who started hauling insults. If my posts where gold-digger-like as u say, many others would have quoted and bashed me but u seem to be the only one. Pick on someone else 'promisebro' lol. Am not interested anymore. It degrades me to exchange words with an egomeniac tout like you.....how did i get hooked? . . . Smh . . . *unfollows thread*
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by PreciousBro: 9:53am On Jan 09, 2014
^^Do you know how many times you have intended to unfollow thread ? Smh

Why are you covering your traits of a dependent girl-like personality ?, Read through your very unlettered and on-precise input,how you talk about a "man can't even gimme bla bla bla ,mentioning amounts sef lol as 20k, calling all your ex bfs stingy, and then subsequently stating how it isn't even a girl's fault to be money conscious, because a boy like me will make them be ? So now you know me but I can't say the same about you when yours is as clear as a blue sky ..lol grin

Kai.. Girl you're a cheap thing, don't be scared of what you like to do naa lol, it doesn't take a brainy person to see your avaricious manner, tongue you just don't wanna come out of your shell and be a grown and certified virile gold digger. My pity goes out to the future man you'd trap via fakeness and lies.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by addictiv(m): 10:31am On Jan 09, 2014
Think the problem lies with their mentality. Most people get into relationships for different reasons. Its very few who actually date cos they truly love the other half. People should come clean and declare their intentions at the beginning. If you need a guy that ll assist financially, pls let him know at the beginning the capacity you ll want him to assist in. So he ll know if he can bear such task or not.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by PreciousBro: 1:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
addictiv: Think the problem lies with their mentality. Most people get into relationships for different reasons. Its very few who actually date cos they truly love the other half. People should come clean and declare their intentions at the beginning. If you need a guy that ll assist financially, pls let him know at the beginning the capacity you ll want him to assist in. So he ll know if he can bear such task or not.

You kinda have a point there, however,this pattern doesn't and wouldn't proffer the change of wiping the ill mentality we want out of the society, it'll only help put the gold-diggers in recognition and in fact,encourage it/them(Gold-digging/Gold-diggers).

Cheap Slu.ts like J.tenna would always leave her providing partner in the future should a higher bidder surfaces and hence selling out love,dignity and all virtue there is associated with se.x . That means we'd all be marrying for wrong reasons, I'm sure God didn't intend for it to be like that.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by GoodFaith: 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
Both poverty and greed
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by TheMyth: 6:55am On Jan 10, 2014
Smh ... Now people justify relationship prostitution garh . When will people start seeing sex as a 2 way thing not just somfyn the guy enjoys
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by sexylogan(m): 11:59am On Jul 01, 2014
Skinni10ne:

I dont think we should care about nigerian mens ego. I would rather nigerian girls be known as independent women than money hungry women who sleep with men for money.

The insults from these men are sad. Theres obviously no respect for the nigerian woman and we need to get that back.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by kelvinclint(m): 12:48am On Jul 02, 2014
xynerise:
Have you seen a dollar or pound since you were born? tongue
LOL, maybe na frm ur hand she wan take see am na..
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by oyinbogirl(f): 1:34am On Jul 02, 2014
From my eyes, its just the society and how girls are kind of raised being dependant on men. That combined with lack of job opportunities, would be the case for most. However im sure there exist greedy & lazy ones as do in every culture
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by shezit(f): 9:05am On Feb 27, 2015
Smh..look at y'all..i think it is also questionable for it to seem like a burden to provide simple material things for your girlfriend(guys).ok..quick case study...a girl never asks for anything and buys things for her boyfriend instead.honest and mature opinions only..every normal guy would call the guy names..unless for the silly/naughty/immature ones..although some girls over do it wanting to compete with their friends and all..i'm trying not to be biased here because personally i don't fancy all the hair do and crap that ladies are soo much into these days.(my friends say i shoulda been a guy) i have been in 2 relationships and i have never asked my past acquaintances for nada! But they surprise me atimes and that is something i enjoy....total dependence is bad but niggas come on!date a girl you can handle.if you work and earn income i see nothing wrong in buying such petty things for your girlfriend seriously broes!! undecided..a 28 year old lady should still ask her dad for hair do allowance!who does your mum ask for money? Your grandpa?no offense meant.it's not just an african thing..it's a human thing..after divorce why does a wife get half of what she didnt work for?(not in naija sha *naughty smile*)Adam tilled the the soil for both of them..check out this song "gimme you" by tamia..to whom it may concern..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? / Where Do Girls Meet And Marry Guys Living In The US ? / All Your Wives Are In My Dms, Nigerian Lesbian Brags To Married Men (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.