Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! (841 Views)

List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs / See The Condition Of The 3 Battalion Nigerian Army Barracks In Effurun(pics) / The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by agabaI23(m): 6:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
Fellas.Thank GOD for this last Christmas holiday. Many who have heard different lies by the Powerful Lagos Media and the Saboteurs of this Administration are now wondering why the lies ?

My Friend Dad left Lagos on Christmas day at 4am for Onitsha. While the family members were still sleeping and finally woke up around 8am to Pray for their Dad and wish him safe Journey. He called and said Guys" can you believe that am already at Onitsha at 9:15am ?
A friend wrote the above on his facebook wall and below are the responses. I have removed the names of the commentators because I didn't take permission from them.

A Ithink this man Jonathan is shaming them and their lies. A relation left onitsha this morning at abt 7:30am and got to lagos abt 12am. This was never possible in OBJ's 8 yrs of governance.
Yesterday at 17:25 · Like · 2

OP Nigerians have beginning to see the difference and wondering why ? It is sad that millions will stop reading our daily media and listening to Channel News and other channel soon.
Yesterday at 17:31 · Like · 1

B, no matter the intensity of lies, the reality on ground will prove the truth. I started plying the Lagos-Ibadan expressway since 1983 as a secondary school boy and I even though there has been renovations, rehabilitation and some...See More
Yesterday at 17:36 · Like · 5

OP[/b]I will be glad if the Lagos-Ibadan can be completed before 2015. Not because of GEJ election but because we need that road to be in Good Condition and if change of Government happen, it may never be completed again. That is one BIG Achievement if this administration can complete the Reconstruction.
Yesterday at 17:40 · Like · 3

[b]C
I am a regular traveller on d road,travelling to Asaba weekly. The journey takes me 4hrs 15minutes to 4hrs 30minutes.2hrs 15minutes Lagos to Ore, Ore to Benin 50minutes to 1hr and fr Benin to Asaba 1hr 15 minutes. I have made this observations against d former of spending a whole day sleeping on d road.
Yesterday at 17:42 via mobile · Like · 4

C I drive and sometimes, its based on a speed DAT fluctuates between 100 and 120speedlimit.
Yesterday at 17:44 via mobile · Like · 2

C,the Ibadan expressway is on repairs. The work has started fr Shagamu on ur way going. Julius Berger suspended works on the 21st of Dec to resume on the 6th of January.The work will be completed b4 2015.Even RCC has started their work fr Shagamu going to Ibadan. Let's b hopeful.
23 hours ago via mobile · Like · 3

OP Thanks for the Info. I haven't ply that route lately.
23 hours ago · Like

D[/b]Some Weeks To CHRISTMAS,On My Way From BENIN To LAGOS,I Was So Marvelled At The Level JOB Done So Far On The ROAD,That I Had To Stop-By__Took Pictures Of The ORE ROAD & Then Posted On My FBK Wall For All To See;And You Know What?...Some MALICIOUS ARMCHAIR CRITICS,FAILURES & WET BLANKETS Started Attacking Me That I'm Lying..Can U Just Imagine?...A Road That I Saw With My 2KOROKORO Eyes With 2O-2O Vision?...I Was So Angry That I Had To Immediately BLOCK The NITWITS,Cos I Don't Need Such BRAINLESS Friends On FBK...Thank GOD Other Travellers Are Reporting My Story
23 hours ago via mobile · Edited · Like · 5

[b]E
God will expose their lies one by one.
23 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

F:i disagree with your friends Dad on this,i travel alot across the country by road driving myself and there is no way anyone can make it to Onitsha from lagos in 4 hours considering 1.Some bad spots from shagamu,ijebu and parts of ore.2.Not possib...See More
23 hours ago via mobile · Like

G I just came to Abuja and was surprised that Abuja Lokoja dualization is 70% complete

OP Pls, double check your calculation. 4am tp about 9:15am is not FOUR hrs.
23 hours ago · Like · 3

G. I had a woman arguing on Ena Ofugara's post that she spent d whole day on dat road and I said it was a fat lie.I immediately posted pics I had also taken seeing however I was on my way to Asaba on that particular day. I don't know why some of this evil critics will never post truth and our media houses completed biased.

H [/b]May be he did not pass tru benin-ore-shagamu and east west road!cos I take this route weekly!and the condition is bad!4lanes nw 2lanes
23 hours ago · Like

[b]I
:dont say someone is saying a fat lie,i have had experiences on that road over the years.you maybe lucky to travel on that road on a particular day and the road is free,most times a part of that road could be block for hours as a result of accident,truck break down and careless driving by other road users.

Repeat comment ..,I'm Not Surprised..They Are Only Living Up To Who They Truly AresadMALICIOUS ARMCHAIR CRITICS & WET-BLANKETS)...Its Really Pathetic..And For Our Media Houses__Most Journalist Are Bunch Of Lazy Brains Who Don't Bother Doing Investigat...See More

Repeat comment I bet it u cannot drive 20minutes without marchin brake
23 hours ago · Like

C Those that we call journalist today in Nigeria are not journalist, there were principles we learnt as journalist, d ethics that guided d profession and our unbiased reportage. It's shameful that brown envelope is the order of the day. I still bliv d regulatory bodies are not doing their jobs well, no balance reportage, just selfish bias news.

C,[/b]not from Ore to Benin. The Ore Benin road is a smooth drive

[b]Repeat comment
..,Pls I Want You Both To Kindly Tell This Forum The Last Time You Plied That ORE-BENIN Road & Then Give Us Your Objective Impressions Compared To Some Years Back B4 PRESIDENT JONATHAN Came Up The Saddle,Or You Both Wo...See More
23 hours ago via mobile · Edited · Like · 3

J Jonathan has fixed the road so well you can make Lagos to Onitsha in just two hours sef ! Ahmed Propagandist, if you however dey sure, post your friends granpa number join your post.

C [/b]Maybe I would invite u to join me on a trip to Asaba on Monday, so u can come to testify and spread d good msg, not hearsay or belated news.

[b]Repeat comment
the trip get "estacode" @Charles ?

Repeat comment following which we go analyse the vuvuzela broadcasting charges. we all know FG pay in dollars so all's good
23 hours ago via mobile · Edited · Like · 1

C. A traffic situation caused by accident should not make us blind to d repair DAT has been done. I hv been a regular traveller for 15yrs and virtually every week. I ply this routes and can u almost weekly experiences. My time statistics is based on d experience. I speak because I use d road often.
23 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2

C ,no worries. We are well able in any currency. Lol

C !I ply this road weekly!nobody can say lagos tru shagamu,ijebu-ode,ore is good for God sake!u can't move for 20minutes without marching ur brake for pot holes!this is not a lie
22 hours ago · Like · 1

D..,Bro!,Pls Stop Wasting Your Precious Time With People That Have Closed-Mindset.

22 hours ago via mobile · Edited · Like · 5

OP How are you doing ? Well I don't have to. Even Jesus was crucify by his own People. My Friends is reading and Laughing at You. She is she and a PrettyShe. I can ONLY Inbox you her name and FaceBook Page for you to say Hello and if you chose to confirm you can.
22 hours ago · Like

C ,lol, Bros u no go kill person with laugh o
22 hours ago via mobile · Like

D..,Abeg,Nor Mind Me Jaare!..Just That,Some Kind Pipo Dey Tire Me For Social-Media.
22 hours ago via mobile · Like

C U know say many atimes, I dey use fb dey laugh, when I look ur wall,Ena,FBA,Ahmed,Hope of Nigeria etc and I see arguments, some very blind argument out of shared hate for GEJ.I go just dey laugh scatter.Babs no worry some of us can't be deceived. We kn...See More
22 hours ago via mobile · Like · 3

D..,I Feel U Ma Broda!...Infact,Ena Ofugara Dey Really Try,As I Dey See Many Pipo Dey Yarn Anyhow For Him Wall..Well,Na Just Hatred As You Yarn.
22 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

K A friends dad also left Lagos at 4:30 am and got to Nanka around 11 am
22 hours ago · Like · 1

K Peeps not just Lagos-Onitsha, Abuja Lokoja is under the hammer. If you passed that road in December 2012 and pass the same road today, you won't believe what has struck you.
22 hours ago · Like

L [/b]I travel often on that road. Work is ongoing. Compared to the past the road is really good. Between ijebu ode and sagamu there layer peels of a former relaying scatterred along the road. You could still make 120km/hr on it. Leaving umuahia for 6am, i will be in Abeokuta for 2pm. Not bad.
21 hours ago via mobile · Like · 3

[b]M
All your argument here is baseless. A good, fast, sharp and calculated driver can maneuver his way. Driving within the period in argument, that does not mean the road is smooth. On January 1 I drove 6hours from Omu-Aran in kwara to Aba.
20 hours ago via mobile · Like

D..,How Dare You Just Barge Into & Discourse With The Assertion That The Arguements Of Respondents Are BASELESS?...Are You Sure You Really Know The Lexicon Meaning Of BASELESS?
20 hours ago via mobile · Edited · Like

N I drove on that road in August and it was better, construction work was ongoing at the ondo state axis. I left ibadan by 7am and arrive asaba at about 12 noon, people just make dumb criticism.
19 hours ago via mobile · Like

O Me I am a trader base in Benin, so am always on the road. Warri to bomadi junction is done, Benin-Ore is superb, I just came in from Auchi and I can testify that Benin-Auchi is under construction, Abuja-Lokoja is progressing. Let's put sentiments aside, since 1999 to date. This is the first time all major federal roads are "ALL" being attended to sincerely, unlike before. Thank u all
18 hours ago · Like · 6

OP. Thank You for your candid contribution.
18 hours ago via mobile · Like

P GEJ is working QED! Don't mind their lies!
10 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Q Why the massive debate? Wouldn't it just be simpler to post a video clip driving along the road?
6 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

R The roads are just too good
about an hour ago · Like

Well you cannot cover the truth. The testimony of Nigerians!!!!!
Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by agabaI23(m): 6:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
GEJ is working!
Nigeria has never had it so good!!
Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by jmaine: 6:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
A trip on our roads dispels all lies and,evil propagandas of the opposition. . . . cool

5 Likes

Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by agabaI23(m): 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
jmaine: A trip on our roads dispels all lies and,evil propagandas of the opposition. . . . cool
Very true
I am a witness ooo

2 Likes

Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by agabaI23(m): 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hello Shymexx!!!!
Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
How are we sure those aren't political jobbers and sycophantic pseuds? Oh, because a few clowns could travel, that means Mr. Cluelessness personified is working?

I thought you were born and raised in the UK? You probably attended one of those dumps-turned-schools in East London. undecided
Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
agabaI23: Hello Shymexx!!!!

You need to give me more proofs that this man is actually working.

- What happened to the Nigerian middle class?
- Why's the premier Nigerian airport in Lagos so shabby?
- Why's the electricity supply in the country so messed up?
- Where are there no infrastructures everywhere and almost everyone seems to be poor and needy, yet the country has the highest GDP in Africa? Where's the wealth?

Just too many things to talk about.
Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by agabaI23(m): 6:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
shymexx: How are we sure those aren't political jobbers and sycophantic pseuds? Oh, because a few clowns could travel, that means Mr. Cluelessness personified is working?

I thought you were born and raised in the UK? You probably attended one of those dumps-turned-schools in East London. undecided
Did I ever tell you I was born and raised in the UK sir? grin grin
Don't be mad at me. I dey Naija with you as I dey type!!!

9 Likes

Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
agabaI23: Did I ever tell you I was born and raised in the UK sir? grin grin
Don't be mad at me. I dey Naija with you as I dey type!!!

My bad, I thought you alluded to that in one of your posts. Where about are you? I'm on the Island?
Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by agabaI23(m): 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
shymexx:

Grew by 28 % since 2009 according to world bank http://www.ventures-africa.com/2013/09/nigeria-dot-com-emergence-ecommerce/
[quote]Why's the premier Nigerian airport in Lagos so shabby?
-
It will take so much money and time to get the standard you see outside just like it is difficult for Fash to get Lagos to what level he desires in 7 years despite his hardwork. Heathrow was 'sold out' to a foreign company because the British does not have money to get what they want. Gatwick same

Why's the electricity supply in the country so messed up?
Electricity generation and management has improved. What has not improved mostly is the transmission especially as it has to do with the replacement of low capacity transformers and cables that serviced areas that previously had a population of 30 and 1000. I had such experience. We had issues, low voltage etc. Firstly, the government gave us a new transformer but it didn't solve the problem because the 35 mm cables were not good enough. We spent more money to get high capacity cables and we were having weeks of steady power. I don't stay there anymore but not has changed.

Your state governors and senators have a lot to do in this aspect.

- Where are there no infrastructures everywhere and almost everyone seems to be poor and needy, yet the country has the highest GDP in Africa? Where's the wealth
Everybody is poor but the number of tasty automobiles on our roads are increasing daily. Everybody is poor but houses are springing up daily! What do we call wealth? When everyone owns a house is VGC, ministers hill...? It could be better but it is not that bad.

Goodluck is building institutions and infrastructures but the people who have been holding this nation down do not want him to succeed. Don't join them. It is all about power grabbing.

9 Likes

Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by agabaI23(m): 7:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
Did I answer your question?
Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by luvinhubby(m): 8:01pm On Jan 04, 2014
agabaI23: Did I answer your question?
*standinginmyovation*.....That was a masterpiece response to a poorly informed fellow that refused to see facts as they are but is rather too blinded by petty tribal sentiments that he has found it difficult to reason properly.
Free-at-last, thank God Nigeria has been freed from the clutches of a looting, hyper-greedy political class and will never be entangled again.

8 Likes

Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by sCun: 8:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
While some are doing all their work in the media, GEJ is making things happen without much noise.
Like GEJ, like Sullivan Chime

5 Likes

Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by agabaI23(m): 8:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
luvinhubby:
*standinginmyovation*.....That was a masterpiece response to a poorly informed fellow that refused to see facts as they are but is rather too blinded by petty tribal sentiments that he has found it difficult to reason properly.
Free-at-last, thank God Nigeria has been freed from the clutches of a looting, hyper-greedy political class and will never be entangled again.
You are so on point bro.

In 2011, People were saying Jonathan is weak, Jonathan cannot transform PDP, Jonathan cannot confront them but I told them, it takes someone like Jonathan to transform PDP. What we are seeing is that he is transforming the PDP by gentle soldiering. They are all running away to APC not the old PDP while the new PDP is emerging.

The only president that listens to the voice of his people when they disapprove of his move and the opposition will call it being weak because he does not insist on his view. Where will I start?

GEJ till 2019

6 Likes

Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by agabaI23(m): 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
sCun: While some are doing all their work in the media, GEJ is making things happen without much noise.
Sullivan is not the talking type. An action man whose results talk for!!!!

GEJ is like that too but I would prefer his media team to highlight his achievements so that like Paul his silence may not be misconstrued as non achievement.

Nigeria is large unlike ENUGU. People in Borno should know what is happening in Uyo and vice versa grin
#Team Fresh air 2019

8 Likes

Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
sCun: While some are doing all their work in the media, GEJ is making things happen without much noise.
Nice but enough of the silence oooo plz
He needs to make much more noise now than ever whilst continuing on more giant strides and FRESH AIR, especially now that people can move around and prove these facts for themselves.
I am currently on leave, made and still making visits to these places with lots of pictures and videos taken.
I'll soon share with all, it'll be a masterpiece.
If Channels, AIT, TVC, SB et al won't broadcast all these achievements to the people WE WILL.

@Sincere 9gerian, hope your massive collections are being updated even with pictures and videos? God Bless! 'Cos it's really winning more and more people to GEJ, and changing their perceptions alltogether, whilst making some few 'sponsored' LIARS look like FOOLS

#No Vacancy in Aso Rock - GEJ till 2019#

1 Like

Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by agabaI23(m): 8:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
Drop your experiences guys! Stop peeping! Many of you just travelled by road.
I saw agbameta in the neighbourhood peeping!
Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by agabaI23(m): 9:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
Gabbysky:
Nice but enough of the silence oooo plz
He needs to make much more noise now than ever whilst continuing on more giant strides and FRESH AIR, especially now that people can move around and prove these facts for themselves.
I am currently on leave, made and still making visits to these places with lots of pictures and videos taken.
I'll soon share with all, it'll be a masterpiece.
If Channels, AIT, TVC, SB et al won't broadcast all these achievements to the people WE WILL.

@Sincere 9gerian, hope your massive collections are being updated even with pictures and videos? God Bless! 'Cos it's really winning more and more people to GEJ, and changing their perceptions alltogether, whilst making some few 'sponsored' LIARS look like FOOLS

#No Vacancy in Aso Rock - GEJ till 2019#
We can't wait!!!
Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by vocalprince(m): 9:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
It really feels gud to be a nigerian under this GEJ's leadership. I specially commend his job well done on that Otukpo(from round about) to the college of Education Ugbokolo, Benue state.

*Team freash air till 2019*. grin

1 Like

Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by agabaI23(m): 9:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
vocalprince: It really feels gud to be a nigerian under this GEJ's leadership. I specially commend his job well done on that Otukpo(from round about) to the college of Education Ugbokolo, Benue state.

Tell us about it. Haven't been to Otukpo before!
Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by taharqa: 9:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
Of course d roads are Improving. Nobody argues that anymore. This Xmas season Every single person I asked (they were few though) about their travelling experience, told me without exception how the roads have generally improved (both FG and State). Even the APC e-demons (apologies to @sincere 9jeria, lol) no longa dispute it as often as they did, previously.... GEJ is Working
Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by agabaI23(m): 9:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
taharqa: Of d course d roads are Improving. Nobody argues that anymore. This Xmas season Every single person I asked (they were few though) about their travelling experience, told me without exception how the roads have generally improved (both FG and State). Even the APC e-demonswarriors (apologies to @sincere 9jeria, lol) no longa dispute it as often as they do, previously.... GEJ is Working

You are correct
Look at this
shymexx:
- Why's the premier Nigerian airport in Lagos so shabby?
- Why's the electricity supply in the country so messed up?
- Where are there no infrastructures everywhere and almost everyone seems to be poor and needy, yet the country has the highest GDP in Africa? Where's the wealth?
Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by 1MCN: 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
It's becoming more difficult for these spent aggrieved politicians and their peasant hirelings to continue in the trade of peddling lies these days because Jonthan's works speak volumes for him. You just don't want to hear people's commendations this yuletide about the roads and electricity supply and relative (and comparative) price stability. Jonathan is stiffling and wrenching the cords of misinformation and mal-information.
Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by agabaI23(m): 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
1MCN: It's becoming more difficult for these spent aggrieved politicians and their peasant hirelings to continue in the trade of peddling lies these days because Jonthan's works speak volumes for him. You just don't want to hear people's commendations this yuletide about the roads and electricity supply and relative (and comparative) price stability. Jonathan is stiffling and wrenching the cords of misinformation and mal-information.
No I want to hear them commendations grin grin Who no like better thing!
Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
What about Ilorin-Kabba Road? The road is unmotorable, you just have to bye-pass it by taking the Ekiti route to Kabba(a waste of time and resources).
Ilorin-Bida road is a death trap.
Ajase-Ipo to Osogbo is also bad(Ogbeni is rehabilitating the Osun end of the road. The Ilorin-Ibadan express way? Work on Ogbomoso-Oyo part of the road is at a halt. The only completed area of the road is the Ilorin-Ogbomoso axis and it's been completed since 2009.
These are federal roads around my state.
Besides, if I can drive from Ilorin-Abuja in 5hours time, I wonder why I'd spend more time from Lagos-Onitsha which is just about the same distance. I wonder if all the federal roads in Nigeria are just along Lagos-SS/SE
Re: More On The Condition Of Roads From Facebook Discussion!!! by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2014
vocalprince: It really feels gud to be a nigerian under this GEJ's leadership. I specially commend his job well done on that Otukpo(from round about) to the college of Education Ugbokolo, Benue state.

For where? Eke to Ugbokolo is very bad bro. Its from Eke to Otukpo round about that is OK oooo

(1) (Reply)

I Can Sacrifice Presidential Ambition For NFF Job –dr Orji Uzor Kalu / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Approved The Sack Of Doctors / Former VP Atiku Abubabkar Disapprove The Sacking Of Resident Doctors By FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.