Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,943 members, 7,803,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Please, Is This TRUE From PEOPLES' BANK? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please, Is This TRUE From PEOPLES' BANK? (713 Views)

Mass Migration To Europe , Nigerian Amongst Migrants -is This True ?? (from BBC) / Akwa Ibom State 22 Aggrieved Aspirants- Fresh Injunction From Peoples Court / Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Is This TRUE From PEOPLES' BANK? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
Can someone help me out with this information?

Can you recollect a bank called PEOPLES's Bank in early '90s?

Truly I was their customer in 1992 before they foldup. Infact, my N1,200 that I could not recover then caused me a lot of trouble.

But I got shocked when a sms alert entered my phone yesterday January 3rd, 2014 at about 2pm. The message reads that I should send my data to claim the money forfeited to the bank 22yrs agao.

The message claims that

"Federal Government has concluded the arrangement to repay everybody who forfeited their money into PEOPLES's Bank before their closure. Send ur data and current Bank acc to 25766".

Hello my people, is this true or scam? Even if it's true I believe my N1,200 would have yielded to N12M.

22 years after, na waooooo
Re: Please, Is This TRUE From PEOPLES' BANK? by Ellidude(m): 6:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
Make i laugh jare..

Lol..I've never heard such before o..
Re: Please, Is This TRUE From PEOPLES' BANK? by samik900(m): 7:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
Sirniyeh: Can someone help me out with this information?

Truly I was their customer in 1992 before they foldup. Infact, my N1,200 that I could not recover then caused me a lot of trouble.

But I got shocked when a sms alert entered my phone yesterday January 3rd, 2014 at about 2pm. The message reads that I should send my data to claim the money forfeited to the bank 22yrs agao.

The message claims that

"Federal Government has concluded the arrangement to repay everybody who forfeited their money into PEOPLES's Bank before their closure. Send ur data and current Bank acc to 25766".

Hello my people, is this true or scam? Even if it's true I believe my N1,200 would have yielded to N12M.

grin grin grin @ 12m.dream on bt remember to take ur antimaleria wen u wake up
Re: Please, Is This TRUE From PEOPLES' BANK? by economia: 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
CAN YOU PLEASE REASON LOGICALLY? DID YOU HAVE THIS YOUR PHONE NUMBER BEFORE THE BANK FOLDED? HOW DO THE BANK OR ITS ALLIES GET THIS YOUR NUMBER. NOTE THAT LONG AFTER THE DEATH OF THE BANK COMES GSM IN NIGERIA. SOMEBODY MUST BE TELLING US LIE; IT IS EITHER THE RECEIVE OR THE SENDER OF THE SAID MESSAGE.:-/:-P:-P

2 Likes

Re: Please, Is This TRUE From PEOPLES' BANK? by Sirniyeh(m): 7:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
@samik900:
grin grin grin @ 12m.dream on bt remember to take ur antimaleria wen u wake up
Is N1,200 not an investment for 22yrs. I was working in a Textile Industry then and we were been paid......hun un un.....I cant remember again but may be around N250 per month because I remember that WAEC in 1992 was N35, thats our town because it may vary then.

So 22yrs investment no be smalll thing
Re: Please, Is This TRUE From PEOPLES' BANK? by FastShipping: 7:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
Sirniyeh: Can someone help me out with this information?

The message claims that

This seems to be scam. Did you have this phone number 22 years ago? If the answer is no, then ignore the SMS.
Re: Please, Is This TRUE From PEOPLES' BANK? by Sirniyeh(m): 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
economia: CAN YOU PLEASE REASON LOGICALLY? DID YOU HAVE THIS YOUR PHONE NUMBER BEFORE THE BANK FOLDED? HOW DO THE BANK OR ITS ALLIES GET THIS YOUR NUMBER. NOTE THAT LONG AFTER THE DEATH OF THE BANK COMES GSM IN NIGERIA. SOMEBODY MUST BE TELLING US LIE; IT IS EITHER THE RECEIVE OR THE SENDER OF THE SAID MESSAGE.:-/:-P:-P
The message was sent like general message.
Re: Please, Is This TRUE From PEOPLES' BANK? by eluquenson(m): 7:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
You receive the message for your dream abi @Op
Re: Please, Is This TRUE From PEOPLES' BANK? by Sirniyeh(m): 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
Fast Shipping:

This seems to be scam. Did you have this phone number 22 years ago? If the answer is no, then ignore the SMS.
The message was not directed to me directly. It was like a general message to all
Re: Please, Is This TRUE From PEOPLES' BANK? by tpia5: 6:45am On Jan 05, 2014
eluquenson: You receive the message for your dream abi @Op

maybe on his webcam.
Re: Please, Is This TRUE From PEOPLES' BANK? by Goanddie(f): 6:59am On Jan 05, 2014
Send ur details if u care,there is no harm in trial
Re: Please, Is This TRUE From PEOPLES' BANK? by tpia5: 7:01am On Jan 05, 2014
sounds like onila.
Re: Please, Is This TRUE From PEOPLES' BANK? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 05, 2014
if this is true, then this country is getting better

(1) (Reply)

What Does APC Mean To You / Why PDP Wants To Win Back Osun / IMPEACHMENT:Nyako on the Brink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.