Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,230 members, 7,780,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:23 PM

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Or Read John Irving - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Or Read John Irving (1332 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview / The Adventure Of Corper John (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Or Read John Irving by runsaway: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2006
no one in this forum seems to know who this fellow is. all i hear are the already popular names.

i bought "a widow for a year" for a give away price of 250 naira because i couldnt find any of the popular author i was looking for at the time and it was one of my best investments ever.

reading " hotel new hampshire" now but i never find anyone to discuss his books with apart from my brother.
nigerians please dont disappoint me. HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF HIM BEFORE?

PS: he is the author of 'cider house rules' and 'simon birch/a prayer for owen meany'

http://www.geocities.com/irvingophile/Books.html
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Or Read John Irving by uche1(m): 1:56pm On Jun 21, 2006
The Hotel New Hampshire, The Cider House Rules and A Prayer for Owen Meany. In these novels his originality and striking vision came brilliantly to the fore, along with his trademark subjects – as wide-ranging as feminism, religion, wrestling, sex and New England life.

More recent novels include the complex bestseller A Son of the Circus, the dark and funny novel A Widow for One Year and The Fourth Hand, a black comedy that was another popular success.
I have been looking for them but i can,t really get them here in Lagos. The one i like most is Until I Find You

A melancholy tale of deception, Until I Find You is also a swaggering comic novel, a giant tapestry of life’s hopes. It is a masterpiece to compare with John Irving’s great novels, and restates the author’s claim to be considered the most glorious, comic, moving novelist at work today.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Or Read John Irving by runsaway: 2:41pm On Jun 21, 2006
uche,
did u copy that off a website or u really know what i am talking about?
the books are all over lagos island. which have u read?
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Or Read John Irving by uche1(m): 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2006
please can you tell me the bookshop i can get some of his books?
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Or Read John Irving by runsaway: 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2006
i dont have any particular place. i just ask all those guys that sell books on lagos island or at yaba and they are usually willing to sell it at a very affordable price
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Or Read John Irving by uche1(m): 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2006
ok i will check them out
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Or Read John Irving by shantell(f): 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2006
yeah i've read one of john irving's book until i find you quite good

(1) (Reply)

Screenplay Problem / How Often Did You Loss Your Pen While Secondary School / Making Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.