Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,329 members, 7,808,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

What Do You Think? Is There God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think? Is There God? (550 Views)

Is There God / IS THERE GOD? / Six reasons for you to believe that there's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think? Is There God? by sammieguze(m): 5:29am On Jan 05, 2014
In reference to a topic that hits the front page yesterday, (His Atheism And It ' s Effect On His Mum {https://www.nairaland.com/1576114/atheism-effect-mum}), i personally think it is very foolish for someone to think there is no GOD when everything points and bears manifestation to the very existense of a supreme being and with some undisputable facts recorded in the Bible.
I just want us to share some of the things in the Bible and in the world generally shows evidence of the existence of a supreme being maybe this might help someone come to the realisation of the realisation of the existence of GOD.
As for me, the genesis account is a good enough explanation of the creation of the earth as well as the proof that there is GOD. Please, feel free to add yours
Re: What Do You Think? Is There God? by obisage(m): 7:44am On Jan 05, 2014
if you listen to yourself very well, you'll discover that you have not made any points.
you are using account in the genesis to prove the existence of God??

it is like using the word "SWEET" to describe the candy called sweet.
no one would ever understand that, when you wanna prove a point,
go from a totally different angle, especially from physical things,
and not from a bible that a God Atheist Will never read.

I am not an Atheist, but a free thinker who questions everything he believe.
I have sometimes question the existence of God, cos I don't have to believe
in God/Allah cos I was born into a Christian/Muslim Family...

when you question and you understand what you believe, you Will have
more reasons to believe, but when you believebecause you are born into
it, it's very easy for you to change your your mind.
that is why we have many religious/Christian "Prostitutes" today.
Re: What Do You Think? Is There God? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:50am On Jan 05, 2014
OP. Do you believe in Thor?
Re: What Do You Think? Is There God? by sammieguze(m): 8:03am On Jan 05, 2014
FOLYKAZE: OP. Do you believe in Thor?
i am a free thinker but i believe in the supremacy of God. Could be allah, God, thor, budha... Thats an individuals choice.
Re: What Do You Think? Is There God? by sammieguze(m): 8:14am On Jan 05, 2014
obisage: if you listen to yourself very well, you'll discover that you have not made any points.
you are using account in the genesis to prove the existence of God??

it is like using the word "SWEET" to describe the candy called sweet.
no one would ever understand that, when you wanna prove a point,
go from a totally different angle, especially from physical things,
and not from a bible that a God Atheist Will never read.

I am not an Atheist, but a free thinker who questions everything he believe.
I have sometimes question the existence of God, cos I don't have to believe
in God/Allah cos I was born into a Christian/Muslim Family...

when you question and you understand what you believe, you Will have
more reasons to believe, but when you believebecause you are born into
it, it's very easy for you to change your your mind.
that is why we have many religious/Christian "Prostitutes" today.
. That is my own personal opinion. The reason for dis is for different people to contribute so that those that dont believe could believe
Re: What Do You Think? Is There God? by psalm68(m): 8:22am On Jan 05, 2014
in ma own view,i think every living think believes in something.those that call themselves atheist,pagan free thinker or whatever surely believe in a force powerful than them and whatever they believe in is their god.
Re: What Do You Think? Is There God? by sammieguze(m): 8:35am On Jan 05, 2014
psalm68: in ma own view,i think every living think believes in something.those that call themselves atheist,pagan free thinker or whatever surely believe in a force powerful than them and whatever they believe in is their god.
. I concur. But, ow can one influence the belief of an atheist towards dix direction?
Re: What Do You Think? Is There God? by Kay17: 9:04am On Jan 05, 2014
1. Who is God? Is he comprehensible?

2. Did the author of Genesis, witness the events of creation prior to recording them?
Re: What Do You Think? Is There God? by sammieguze(m): 9:12am On Jan 05, 2014
Kay 17: 1. Who is God? Is he comprehensible?

2. Did the author of Genesis, witness the events of creation prior to recording them?
What is air? What shape is it? Av u ever held it, touched it or seen it?
Re: What Do You Think? Is There God? by Kay17: 9:35am On Jan 05, 2014
sammieguze: .
What is air? What shape is it? Av u ever held it, touched it or seen it?

The invisible gaseous substance surrounding the earth, a mixture mainly of oxygen and nitrogen

Air is the Earth's atmosphere. It is the clear gas in which living things live and breathe. It has an indefinite shape and volume. It has no color or smell. It has mass and weight. It is a matter as it has mass and weight. Air creates atmosphere pressure.

How was man able to know this? Experience. If man sits in his living room all day, he would have no idea/concept of what air is. Neither would faith led him to such knowledge. Our senses feed us with the raw impressions of what air is, and we conceptualise it, measure it and manipulate it. (This question is clearly irrelevant however I decided to indulge you)
Re: What Do You Think? Is There God? by psalm68(m): 10:13am On Jan 05, 2014
sammieguze: . I concur. But, ow can one influence the belief of an atheist towards dix direction?
i really agree with u that our pastors,evangelist and those men of GOD needs to do more in that regard.
However i think until those pagans and atheist have a personal encounter with GOD(the supreme of all),they may remain same

(1) (Reply)

Paso / APC Calls Smuggled $50 Million Chicken Change / Trying time for men Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.