Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step (5847 Views)

Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Largest Population? / Which Tribe Has Hardest Dancing Step / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Most Beautiful Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by shakol91(m): 8:37am On Jan 05, 2014
According to my experience,I choose igbo they dance with all the parts of their body followed by tiv (benue people) they dance with the tip of their toes. Let's have your own opinion. But checking the easiest,I think hausas don't dance,they like to blow that long thing maybe it is called (kakaki)I don't know what it's called followed by the yorubas. Should I make front page I have to say this: coming back for modification
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 05, 2014
In my own opinnion its the tivs,they dane wit all part of their body,while goin round in circles
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by Ichel: 9:07am On Jan 05, 2014
If u ask meee................
And should u mk Fp, jst knw dat dis space is not for sale.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by castielo(m): 9:11am On Jan 05, 2014
• •
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by castielo(m): 9:12am On Jan 05, 2014
• • •
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by kemiola89(f): 9:58am On Jan 05, 2014
The calabars! The Calabar people are amazing sets of people. Their dancing attire is just outta this world, their steps the way they shake their assets/bums They are good i tell ya
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by Fulaman198(m): 12:25am On Jan 06, 2014
Hard to say really, every ethnic group has difficult dances
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by shakol91(m): 11:30am On Jan 07, 2014
Fulaman198: Hard to say really, every ethnic group has difficult dances
I disagree with u
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by shakol91(m): 11:30am On Jan 07, 2014
Fulaman198: Hard to say really, every ethnic group has difficult dances
I disagree with u base on u can compare hausa dancing step to igbo people
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
The Igbo people especially those from Enugu state that dance on their toes to fast paced, ogene music. I tried it once and I had a muscle pull.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by Fulaman198(m): 3:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
shakol91: I disagree with u base on u can compare hausa dancing step to igbo people

I'm sure that Hausa people have more than just one way of dancing. Tuaregs from what I have seen have difficult dance steps.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by shakol91(m): 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2014
AdannayaBella: The Igbo people especially those from Enugu state that dance on their toes to fast paced, ogene music. I tried it once and I had a muscle pull.
Lol,it shows how muscular you are
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by ketoprofen(m): 10:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
U have to be a good dancer to make graceful moves in Atilogwu dance plus the acrobatics.
And as sb mentioned above, Enugu state dance steps, the one u do stopping down and being on ur toes, while moving ur knees vertically up and down.
Very complex but impressive tnz.
Or the ones u vibrate ur tummy rapidly.
Tiv/Benue ppl dance like their backs are gonna break
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by DocAdray(f): 11:14pm On Jun 27, 2014
The Tivs, IMHO...
Their dancing pattern requires graceful steps and flexibility!
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 29, 2014
Igbos nah.
They also have more diverse steps
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by shakol91(m): 6:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
Evergreen123: Igbos nah.
They also have more diverse steps
how are you? thank God hackers didn't tamper with you,I for vex. cheesy
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
shakol91: how are you? thank God hackers didn't tamper with you,I for vex. cheesy

hahaha, I dey o, u?
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 29, 2014
Caalabar people and their jumping and twisting. Twas fun learning it sha. grin
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by shakol91(m): 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
Evergreen123:

hahaha, I dey o, u?
I'm fine o,hope you didn't miss that thread TOO much? cheesy
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by shakol91(m): 8:15pm On Jun 30, 2014
yeyenatu: Caalabar people and their jumping and twisting. Twas fun learning it sha. grin
Calabar or Benue people especially the IGEDEs
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by barackodam: 6:39pm On Jul 01, 2014
Igbo kwenu jo
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by tpiadotcom: 4:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
not sure.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by tpiadotcom: 4:13am On Apr 13, 2015
Examples:

The yoruba dance incorporates "komole" ie graceful sweeps and curves while dancing.

This contrasts with say a particular fulani dance where the dancers stand straight, sort of military like.

Parts of the middle belt use the entire body when dancing, while in the SE and most of the midwest, the core dance focuses a lot on upper body movements.

Corrections are welcome.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by aliyu2mantafien: 11:26am On Apr 13, 2015
Aliyu mantafien nupes have many type of dancing steps
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by tpiadotcom: 4:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by tpiadotcom: 4:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
shakol91:
hausa dancing step

hausa dance utilizes hand movements a lot, like indian or middle eastern dance.

and then, up/down repeatedly, sort of like the yoruba komole in a way but as a different form.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by Fulaman198(m): 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2015
tpiadotcom:

hausa dance utilizes hand movements a lot, like indian or middle eastern dance.

and then, up/down repeatedly, sort of like the yoruba komole in a way but as a different form.

Not all Hausa dancing, take a look at these women dancing

Watch the video in its entirety. Hausa dancing is purely African. Remember Africans invented choreography

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiE1tIhmtBE
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by tpiadotcom: 7:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
Yes, Hausa dancing has many forms ( as do the other cultures).

The hand movements are not exactly the same as ME/Indian ones, just that it looks a bit similar.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by tpiadotcom: 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
is it just me, or there aren't really a lot of genuine dancing samples on youtube?

especially for Yoruba.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Hardest Dancing Step by Fulaman198(m): 6:01am On Apr 16, 2015
tpiadotcom:
is it just me, or there aren't really a lot of genuine dancing samples on youtube?

especially for Yoruba.

There are, you just can't search explicitly for dance videos. You just have to find a nice traditional song where dancing happens.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wishing You All A Very Merry Christmas And A Wonderful New Year! / Some English Words With Nigerian Origin! Unbelievable / Birds Of Prey In Igbo Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.