Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) (50880 Views)

Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls / 7 Must-see Places In Eastern Nigeria / Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by NaLaugh: 9:01am On Jan 05, 2014
See the places in the world where nightfall does not come around during the summer,
so if you ever find yourself there you no go confuse like mumu. BTW i made this video. Share with your friends cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIkWOPUL8yw&feature=youtu.be

1 Like

Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by gnykelly(m): 10:19am On Jan 05, 2014
wow
Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by NaLaugh: 10:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
gny kelly: wow

i know right..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by Vicjustice: 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
There are more places than mentioned in the video, i personally experienced the midnight sun in Latvia during its summer, i bet you, the same goes with Estonia and other countries in north Europe zones
Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by NaLaugh: 2:57am On Jan 06, 2014
Vicjustice: There are more places than mentioned in the video, i personally experienced the midnight sun in Latvia during its summer, i bet you, the same goes with Estonia and other countries in north Europe zones

Yup! i know, that is why i say in the video at 2:52 that there are more places (very few though), but these are ten OF those places.
The ones i mentioned are the prime areas recognized for the full effect of the phenomenon. Officially, areas in only 8 countries experience the full effect.

Anyway, how was your experience of the midnight sun.
Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by NaLaugh: 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
cool
Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by NaLaugh: 2:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
Midnight Sun - Top 10
Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by optimusprime2(m): 1:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
I did'nt watch the video but I was stunned when I found out personally what goes on at Alaska-U.S.A, 6months of Sun 24/7 and 6months of Darkness.
Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by optimusprime2(m): 1:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
I did'nt watch the video but I was stunned when I found out personally what goes on at Alaska-U.S.A, 6months of Sun 24/7 and 6months of no Sun.
Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
Wow
Opens mouth shocked
Na Laugh: See the places in the world where nightfall does not come around during the summer,
so if you ever find yourself there you no go confuse like mumu. BTW i made this video. Share with your friends cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIkWOPUL8yw&feature=youtu.be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by zeezahbee(f): 11:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
You made the video, you voice sweet ooo lmao grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by NaLaugh: 8:42am On Jul 02, 2014
optimus-prime1:
I did'nt watch the video but I was stunned when I found out personally what goes on at Alaska-U.S.A, 6months of Sun 24/7 and 6months of no Sun.

fascinating phenomenon huh..

1 Like

Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by NaLaugh: 7:56am On Jul 03, 2014
zeezahbee: You made the video, you voice sweet ooo lmao grin

haha.
Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by UjSizzle(f): 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
I didn't know stuff like this happened until I read it in a novel. Think that was Alaska.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2014
Vicjustice: There are more places than mentioned in the video, i personally experienced the midnight sun in Latvia during its summer, i bet you, the same goes with Estonia and other countries in north Europe zones

I personally experienced it in Ivalo, Finland. not just Ivalo, the whole of Finnish lapland is pretty much like this e.g Rovaniemi, Tornio and kemi. The only problem I have with it is that it is very difficult to sleep, but regardless of the midnight sun, its usually cold and seeing people wearing jackets are not uncommon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by NaLaugh: 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
uj_sizzle: I didn't know stuff like this happened until I read it in a novel. Think that was Alaska.

It's good to read; you find out new stuff. What's even better? Traveling the world. cool
Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by NaLaugh: 4:52pm On Jul 12, 2014
dahonestboss:

I personally experienced it in Ivalo, Finland. not just Ivalo, the whole of Finnish lapland is pretty much like this e.g Rovaniemi, Tornio and kemi. The only problem I have with it is that it is very difficult to sleep, but regardless of the midnight sun, its usually cold and seeing people wearing jackets are not uncommon.

How was your experience of it. Yeah, virtual insomnia is one of its problems. How did you deal with it.
Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by CuteCynthia(f): 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2014
I watched something similar on the Discovery Channel smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by NaLaugh: 8:42am On Jul 14, 2014
CuteCynthia: I watched something similar on the Discovery Channel smiley

cool
Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by NaLaugh: 8:52am On Jul 22, 2014
Slimdel: Wow
Opens mouth shocked

Why u dey open mouth? cheesy
Re: 10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) by tck2000(m): 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2019
get

(1) (Reply)

‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days / Uk Visa. How To Track Ur Application On Line / Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.