Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,041 members, 7,807,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

100 Days Fasting: Can Married Couples Be Intimate After Breaking The Fast? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 100 Days Fasting: Can Married Couples Be Intimate After Breaking The Fast? (4175 Views)

RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 / Christians- Is It Right To Be Intimate With Your Wife During Fasting? / Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Days Fasting: Can Married Couples Be Intimate After Breaking The Fast? by jagabanban: 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
I am a married man, attend the RCCG and currently observing the 100 days fasting and prayer as directed by God through the General Overseer.

Some set of people are excepted from the fasting for valid reasons. However, I need to know if being intimate with my wife during the fasting period is allowed? Body no be wood o! If I am feeling like this after 4 days, I dont want to go and commit before the end of the fast o.

For the spiritually matured and married, please assist to answer the questions with biblical references. I have searched the scriptures and unable to locate any definite passage that addresses the topic of abstinence from intimacy during fasting.
Re: 100 Days Fasting: Can Married Couples Be Intimate After Breaking The Fast? by lomprico(m): 3:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
What dose fasting entail? Loco!
Re: 100 Days Fasting: Can Married Couples Be Intimate After Breaking The Fast? by Acidosis(m): 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
Over the years, we've been made to understand FASTING is all about food. Fasting cut across every other aspect of our life e.g food, s€x, football, movies, games, work etc..
Fasting is all about leaving aside those things we love to do (food inclusive).

If you remember vividly, you'll discover Jesus didn't just stay without food, he left the crowd, the disciples, and the merriment to a secluded place for 40days and nights.

However, the present condition of man made it almost impossible to stay without these things.

Even though s£x with your wife isn't a sin, for a better dedication you can choose (a personal decision) to stay without it. You won't die afterall..

btw, hope you paid your 'wife's' dowry? if you didn't, then shes not even your wife yet...
Re: 100 Days Fasting: Can Married Couples Be Intimate After Breaking The Fast? by adaobasi(f): 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2014
My family and I attend RCCG too,and we're fastn.Back to topic,please do away with everything that gives you pleasure.Fasting is a spiritual exercise which purifies your inner man and edifies your soul.
Re: 100 Days Fasting: Can Married Couples Be Intimate After Breaking The Fast? by buchi4action(m): 3:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
suscribing
Re: 100 Days Fasting: Can Married Couples Be Intimate After Breaking The Fast? by daylae(m): 4:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
fasting is all about sacrificing the flesh and edifying the spirit,not about the meals alone. If is possible for you to deny the flesh of any other kinds of pleasure,gladly do.
Re: 100 Days Fasting: Can Married Couples Be Intimate After Breaking The Fast? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
No you are not allowed to sleep with your wife during the fast. After all sex itself is a form of pleasure Read 1 cor 7:5.
But you guys can meet when you break your fast. After all you are going to break your fast at a particular time everyday, am I right?
Also I hope you know that fasting isn't just about depriving yourself of food and water o but whatever gives you pleasure..so if you are a nairaland addict for instance, you have to stay away during the time your fast. When you break, you can log back in.
Happy fasting sir.
Re: 100 Days Fasting: Can Married Couples Be Intimate After Breaking The Fast? by jagabanban: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
lomprico: What dose fasting entail? Loco!

You can respond without resulting to insult. Try it. Its possible.

1 Like

Re: 100 Days Fasting: Can Married Couples Be Intimate After Breaking The Fast? by jagabanban: 5:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
Acidosis:

btw, hope you paid your 'wife's' dowry? if you didn't, then shes not even your wife yet...

Thanks man!

And yes, I paid my wife's dowry. Thanks for asking.
Re: 100 Days Fasting: Can Married Couples Be Intimate After Breaking The Fast? by jagabanban: 5:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
JustifiedChild: No you are not allowed to sleep with your wife during the fast. After all sex itself is a form of pleasure Read 1 cor 7:5.
But you guys can meet when you break your fast. After all you are going to break your fast at a particular time everyday, am I right?
Also I hope you know that fasting isn't just about depriving yourself of food and water o but whatever gives you pleasure..so if you are a nairaland addict for instance, you have to stay away during the time your fast. When you break, you can log back in.
Happy fasting sir.

If I can meet her after breaking the fast is what I'm asking and is it biblically supported explicitly.
Re: 100 Days Fasting: Can Married Couples Be Intimate After Breaking The Fast? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
jagabanban:

If I can meet her after breaking the fast is what I'm asking and is it biblically supported explicitly.

yes, you can. I gave you a scripture to buttress my point in my former post.

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Healed Of Shortsightedness By God / Back To The Illusion: How Can We Know Our Reality Is An Illusion? / My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.