Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,413 members, 7,800,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters (2489 Views)

Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) / Nneka Ararume: ''Metuh Gave Me $2m Cash To Invest'' / Photos: Senators Chris Ngige, Ararume Visit To Congratulate Rochas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by manuch(m): 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters

Three years after he left the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), defecting to the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), a frontline politician in Imo State and former senator, Chief Ifeanyi Ararume, Tuesday formally announced his return along side his numerous supporters.

The ceremony, which was accompanished by jubilation at the party’s headquarters in Owerri, was witnessed by the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Chief Emeka Ihedioha, Senator Arthur Nzeribe and his wife, Senate Committee Chairman on Aviation, Senator Hope Uzodiimma, Hon. Bethel Amadi, National Women Leader of the party, Dr. Kema Chikwe, South-East zonal chairman of the PDP, Col. Austin Akobundu (rtd), outgoing State Chairman of the party, Chief Eze Duruiheoma (SAN), state Secretary, GeorgeUzoma Eguh, a former Managing Director of the Daily Times, Chief Innocent Opkaradike, former Speaker of the Imo State House of Assembly, Chief Kelechi Nwagwu, among others, Ararume said he returned to the party to contribute his might to building the party at all levels.

He expressed optimism that with his re-entering, the feat the party recorded
during the elections from 1999 to 2007, would be repeated, asking for the
support of all.

Ararume said in 2011, the party in the state mobilised Imo voters to garner
several million votes for President Goodluck Jonathan, commending
Duruiheoma, Ihedioha and others who made it possible for him to return to the
PDP after more than two-and-a-half years.

He said: “I am going to put in everything to support PDP at the local
government, state, and national levels.”
Paying tribute to those who made him return, he said: “They have made it
possible for me to come back. This is democracy. It is not politics of
exclusion.”

He also thanked the immediate past governor of Imo State, Chief Ikedi Ohakim, for his efforts.

Ararume said he would ensure that PDP displaces the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) government of Rochas Okorocha, to make the PDP take the seat of government in the state.

Speaking, Ihedioha opined that Ararume’s re-entering had shamed political foes, stating that the party in the state would move from strength to strength.

He described Ararume as a political worrior and juggernaut who will make a
great difference in the party come 2015 elections.

Duruiheoma, Chikwe, Eguh, Akobundu who later handed over the party card to
Ararume, said he was not indebted to the party, stating that his spirit had been in the party while his body was outside, expressing joy that he had returned, an indication of better days ahead in the party.
Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by Nctrice(m): 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2014
Let's wait n see!
Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
Welcome back to pdp rochas must go and Apga must take over in 2015

7 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
PDP will reclaim Imo

Ararume has seen the hand writing on the wall

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by HowFar: 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
They will all return but not all of them would be welcomed. For example Obj's return would be denied.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by validplanet: 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
mikeansy: PDP will reclaim Imo
Ararume has seen the hand writing on the wall

the pple of Imo State has tasted the good side of governance under gov rochas okorocha.
and they now know the difference. smiley

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
validplanet:

the pple of Imo State has tasted the good side of governance under gov rochas okorocha.
and they now know the difference. smiley

really?
Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by validplanet: 7:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
mikeansy:

really?

Yes. rochas is far better than pdp's ohakim. and anywhere u see arthur nzeribe, run away from there.

what we care about is good governance. whether u r from pdp or apc or whatever.

we dont care about ur political party.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
validplanet:

Yes. rochas is far better than pdp's ohakim. and anywhere u see arthur nzeribe, run away from there.

what we care about is good governance. whether u r from pdp or apc or whatever.

we dont care about ur political party.

unfortunately Rochas is all talk and no substance

he has done nothing in Imo State!

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by validplanet: 10:26am On Jan 06, 2014
Enigma17: Bye bye to Rochas...

rochas gave u free education.
pays salaries promptly
develops imo state

am i correct?

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
What is this?

What kind of useless title is this?

Please. OP correct this title or ..
If it was another party that moved to APC, come and see headlines!

Consider these:

"APC chieftain moves to PDP with thousands of supporters"

"APC is dying in Imo State"
Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
validplanet:

rochas gave u free education.
pays salaries promptly
develops imo state

am i correct?
as well as has not paid gratuity of retired civil servants, , has skinned the allowances of civil servants (study leave pay..etc)...has converted most lands belonging to struggling imolites without compensation (nworie ave...world bank road etc..) has abandoned major projects such as bridges started by d past government for useless flyovers (amakohia bridge, orji etc..) has deceived the people of imo state with d idea of his rural roads development (d only roads being developed are in orlu...substandard still...I don't know about u guys buh I'm yet to see a road constructed by rochas in my village. ..or even lga...right in front of my lga headquarters u hv potholes and gullies. )..Other previous governments made sure all rural roads were graded with laterite during xmas period...ohakim enhanced d practice using iroma...he purchased big trucks n machines. .where are they now??...if I continue eeeh...I don tire joor. ..its just irritating wen people come on nairaland.com with pictures ...saying wat they don't know. ..u passed imo state on ur way to anambra ..u come n start posting pictures and arguing dt rochas is working. ...like say imo state was a virgin land b4 rochas. ..95percent of the roads I've seen on nairaland.com being accorded to d rochas government were there b4 he came in....even if u see ongoing construction on roads know that he's removing d dualization structure and constructing another one. ..he's good at it...anybody wey pass owerri and see that its fine will start shouting rochas is working wen infact it was gov.ikedi ohakim that beautified owerri. ..infact dt was one of the reasons why he was voted out ..cos he used entraco to remove all illegal structures mostly belonging to the poor. .
any way u guys can kp passing owerri and kp taking pictures. ..come 2015 we will vote rochas out cos he is a disappointment
Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by jamace(m): 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
Soja go, soja come, but barrack remains. cheesy
Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by validplanet: 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2014
BADNEAT: as well as has not paid gratuity of retired civil servants, , has skinned the allowances of civil servants (study leave pay..etc)...has converted most lands belonging to struggling imolites without compensation (nworie ave...world bank road etc..) has abandoned major projects such as bridges started by d past government for useless flyovers (amakohia bridge, orji etc..) has deceived the people of imo state with d idea of his rural roads development (d only roads being developed are in orlu...substandard still...I don't know about u guys buh I'm yet to see a road constructed by rochas in my village. ..or even lga...right in front of my lga headquarters u hv potholes and gullies. )..Other previous governments made sure all rural roads were graded with laterite during xmas period...ohakim enhanced d practice using iroma...he purchased big trucks n machines. .where are they now??...if I continue eeeh...I don tire joor. ..its just irritating wen people come on nairaland.com with pictures ...saying wat they don't know. ..u passed imo state on ur way to anambra ..u come n start posting pictures and arguing dt rochas is working. ...like say imo state was a virgin land b4 rochas. ..95percent of the roads I've seen on nairaland.com being accorded to d rochas government were there b4 he came in....even if u see ongoing construction on roads know that he's removing d dualization structure and constructing another one. ..he's good at it...anybody wey pass owerri and see that its fine will start shouting rochas is working wen infact it was gov.ikedi ohakim that beautified owerri. ..infact dt was one of the reasons why he was voted out ..cos he used entraco to remove all illegal structures mostly belonging to the poor. .
any way u guys can kp passing owerri and kp taking pictures. ..come 2015 we will vote rochas out cos he is a disappointment

so do u think ararume can govern better than rochas? compare rochas to ohakim. what is athur nzeribe doing there if not for his godfathers allocation?
Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
validplanet:

so do u think ararume can govern better than rochas? compare rochas to ohakim. what is athur nzeribe doing there if not for his godfathers allocation?
never said ararume could govern more than rochas. ..not saying he can't either....he only went back to pdp...he's not their flagbearer. ..besides pdp will never field anybody that is not from owerri zone...pdp is obviously in control of Owerri zone. ..and with ararume ...ikedi ohakim. .emmanuel iwuanyanwu..ebere udeagu n d rest in Okigwe zone ...pdp has taken over Okigwe zone. ..left is orlu zone. .rochas ll get lots of votes from there buh he still has hope uzodimma and Arthur nzeribe to contend with and if pdp finally succeeds in wooing achike udenwa....Rochas is finished
Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by Kponkwem(m): 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
I used to respect this man for his innovativeness in business with those Benin and Abuja superstores with provision for London-type windowshopping, and being among the first to introduce e-recods and POS payment. But I was disappointed when he allowed his son to marry a T.A. Orji daughter.
What has he gone to PDP for if not chop chop?
Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
Kponkwem: I used to respect this man for his innovativeness in business with those Benin and Abuja superstores with provision for London-type windowshopping, and being among the first to introduce e-recods and POS payment. But I was disappointed when he allowed his son to marry a T.A. Orji daughter.
What has he gone to PDP for if not chop chop?
my brother. ..thank God u didn't say he allowed his 5yrs old son to be friends with sm1 bad....or he asked his 10yrs old son to go on holidays to a thief's house. ..for Christ sake his son is matured enough to marry who ever he so wishes...he can only offer advice or opinions buh the decision isn't his to make. ..I'm sure we will still be calling him names if a serious war and enemity had erupted in d cos of stopping the marriage. ..Naija I hail thee
Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by validplanet: 11:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
What impact has Ifeanyi Ararume made on people's lives so far? i learnt that rochas was impacting the pple even b4 he became governor with his free education to the poor. being a governor only gave him a platform to expand his impact.
Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by Nobody: 5:19am On Jan 07, 2014
validplanet: What impact has Ifeanyi Ararume made on people's lives so far? i learnt that rochas was impacting the pple even b4 he became governor with his free education to the poor. being a governor only gave him a platform to expand his impact.
u kp on getting it wrong. ..ifeanyi ararume is only a pdp member just like every other person. ..he may not even partake in the primaries talk more of the election proper....besides....imolites looked at wat u said about rochas and voted him in saying he'll do more...buh he has disappointed us...Rochas government is a government of the more u look....the less u see....he is deceitful in nature...his first year. ..he started well...he opened about 4 new roads in owerri. ..buh ever since he started playing politics again things changed. ..did u hear of jp bros?? the contractor that was used to get rid of rochas former deputy?? jp bros is a big company with office base and wat hv u in his country. ..so why has he not been arrested haven taken over 1bn and running away....i'l answer that for u'**rochas okoroocha's contracts for imo state are given by rochas. ..no proper documentation by the ministry involved ...some times contracts are given orally...the office of the governor authorises every pay straight from d government house. .a contractor has no business going to the ministry concerned to collect money. ..well....the money jp bros took was payment for another contract deal he had with rochas and this contract deal was indicting agbaso in a bribe scam and getting rid of him...that explains why rochas is not after jp bros ...not that he can do anything to him cos there is no binding document btw jp n imo state
Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by Nobody: 5:20am On Jan 07, 2014
And we were deceived

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ararume Returns To PDP With Supporters by ChimaAgbalajob: 8:45am On Jan 07, 2014
I think with the way things are going, a hard line is being drawn in the sand by PDP to match APC with real politics.
Personally, i don't see the APC achieving much if the plot by a section of the party to snatch the Presidential ticket from Buhari and hand to Kwankwaso succeeds. If that happens, the 2015 election will be a mere formality as GEJ will win landslide. Kwankwaso cannot even win in Kano state,talkless of other states all across Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News!! NMA President Has Resigned!! / ABU Don Caught In Female Hostel / herbert Macaulay story was a 419 scam story by Nigeria because occupation .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.