Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter - Celebrities (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter (132038 Views)

What Basketmouth Just Found In An Airplane / #jadapose - 16-year-old's molest Video Goes Viral On The Internet / No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by IYANGBALI: 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby4u2: He did the right thing by removing the joke. I know he loves himself and his Glo contract.
he removed it because of witches and wizards like you
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by maxtamazin: 4:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
Nadia_SA1: Aggg its just a harmless joke...

I guess u have not been raped b4? say that to victim of rape

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by maxtamazin: 4:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
maxtamazin:

I guess u have not been rap-ed b4? say that to victim of ra-pe

stop editing my post, you are polluting my english...lol
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by baby4u2(f): 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
IYA NGBALI: he removed it because of witches and wizards like you

Why are u investigating people's post and insulting. You don't hv better things too do ni. You support his post I don't haba, na by force. If he really saw that he did nothing wrong he will not remove it regardless of anything anyone says. Trust people,like u should not be calling for witches and wizards.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by baby4u2(f): 4:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by qtx(m): 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
I know the joke was funny at the same time too delicate bc rape is a traumatic thing to happen to anybody so the funniness just had to die naturally as soon as rape was mentioned as an end.
However, he has tendered an unreserved apology, to me no one is perfect. Hence he should be pardoned.
Else those who insist apology not accept are trying to tell us they have some personal problems with him or it simply means they haven't talked amidst or done anything imperfect b4 in their various lives before which of course is impossible.
Temper justice with mercy.
(basket_market buh u sef somtime mek u try close that ur basket hole shocked )
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
naijacutee:

This thread proves that the class of human beings on Nairaland are very different from those on Twitter. Nigerians truly do not want change. The fact that he has been making jokes like this and getting away with it does not mean they are right. Some people are even justifying the joke by saying "foreign comedians also joke about rape". This is beyond ridiculous, and proves that Nigerians deserve what is happening in their country. How can anything change, when people are comfortable with crap? You can't even speak out for what is wrong, because it is more important to "feel among".

In more progressive societies, they SACK public figures who make light of serious issues like rape, racism to at least send the message that such attitudes are not acceptable (even though it doesn't completely eliminate the problems - it sends a message).

See examples:

1. UK : This guy covered his face and rapped about rape in a jocular way - he got sacked http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2013/aug/20/coronation-street-chris-fountain-sacked

2. Australia: This judge made a joke about rape victims and they called for him to get sacked : http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-22/court-urged-to-sack-judge-who-made-rape-joke/4477222

3. United States: This nightclub tried to make a rape joke while advertising its prices, it lost customers : http://www.kansascity.com/2013/12/31/4723653/rape-joke-a-big-fail-for-nightclub.html

It's not about trying to pull people down. It's about sending a message. Come back here and tell us whether or not this is a message that needs to be sent if your mother/daughter/sister gets raped.

You have very good points but unfortunately, majority of Nigerians are not educated enough to understand the message you are trying to pass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by okeke2: 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
basketmouth wan start to talk again ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Johnjack: 5:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
Let them free the guy joor,after all the joke is real hence some people tongue lashing him. In the clime where I live,most times 1st date and sex
happens same day but in Africa and Nigeria especially the girls always make full commercial use of their things before giving to the guys.When he said ''RAPE'' he meant the African girl especially Nigerian girls hardly give in willingly without a little force from the guy hence he preferred the word ''Rape''.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by naijaboiy: 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

It was a joke in bad taste, Justine Sacco also made a joke , everyone was up in arms about it, I'm sure even you, if you were aware, Senator Cruise also made a comment about Nigerian Yahoo boys and Obama, why didn't we laugh at that? What about the Oga at the Top saga? None of these comments are anywhere as bad as Molestation , which is a crime in and of itself.
Basketmouth is a public figure with a Corporate endorsement, he should as of necessity be careful what he jokes with. He owes his corporate sponsors the duty of care and unfortunately, in my mind, maybe he has apologized, but if the sponsors do nothing, it is tantamount to condoning what he said and it makes them look bad too. Also it will be a lesson to others to be careful how they utter comments in public, an ambassador should be discreet and responsible! Nigeria has to veer away from sentimentality and uphold, acceptable values.
E don do you! Wetin sef angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by osavasvic(m): 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
Na small matter wey no carry weight with small people all of una fit show sey u dey vex, oga at d top wey dey chop Nigeria, u no fit show sey dem dey do wayo. Like sey the joke pain dem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by MrDisciple(m): 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
Abrg they shuld cut d ƓƱY some slack asiv ∂ιѕ is d 1st rape joke mtchew, rubbish i wuld rape any girl after goin thru all those troubles. Asiv naija girls don't like gettin raped mtchew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Akiika: 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
Agreed, error in judgment, bad joke and he's apologized.
So y'all need to STFU!
I even saw some idiots actually calling for GLO to drop him as an ambassador! for real?
Is this about the joke or bad belle! i tire for Nigerians with their "pull me down" syndrome. sad
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Akiika: 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
Mr. Disciple:
Abrg they shuld cut d ƓƱY some slack asiv ∂ιѕ is d 1st rape joke mtchew, rubbish i wuld rape any girl after goin thru all those troubles. Asiv naija girls don't like gettin raped mtchew
For real? guy, in US for example, what you just typed may haunt you for the rest of your life. Job, School, political ambition e.t.c don't leave comments you don't mean.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by homesteady(m): 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2014
toprealman:
It will be very funny when your mum, sister or loved one is raped.
bla bla bla
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by DocAdray(f): 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
Abeg make una forgive the poor guy, I believe he is most remorseful at this point in time.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by soulglo: 6:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
Rape is woven into the very fabric of Nigerian culture. You can all start convulsing if you want to but it is a fact. If you think I am lying round up your 10 closest Nigeria female friends and find out how many of them have been sexually assaulted. 90% of them will say yes. Some of these females do not even know that they have been. Basket mouth is a basket head. Nothing in there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by alomeda600(m): 6:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
small small #basketmouth career dey finish...trust Nigerians tho..veri sure he ll be regretting dis...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
soul_glo: Rape is woven into the very fabric of Nigerian culture. You can all start convulsing if you want to but it is a fact. If you think I am lying round up your 10 closest Nigeria female friends and find out how many of them have been sexually assaulted. 90% of them will say yes.

Its not surprising, considering the fact that some Nigerian men think that girls like being raped. Just look at Mr. Disciple's comment.

Psychopaths rapists everywhere.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by binhozie(m): 7:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
To begin with the part of the "joke" that says rape didn't INSTRUCT anyone to rape anyone. It just implies that rape usually happens (if infact it does)
Giving a rape statistic doesn't make me a rapist. Kini big deal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by segnys007(m): 7:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
IYA NGBALI: no we are not all his fans,the guy did nothng to warrant the attacks on him
did you hear about the Justine Sacco I'm going to Africa i hope i don't Catch Aids twit? Just wondering, you think She did nothing wrong?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by soulglo: 7:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
Johnjack: Let them free the guy joor,after all the joke is real hence some people tongue lashing him. In the clime where I live,most times 1st date and sex
happens same day but in Africa and Nigeria especially the girls always make full commercial use of their things before giving to the guys.When he said ''RAPE'' he meant the African girl especially Nigerian girls hardly give in willingly without a little force from the guy hence he preferred the word ''Rape''.

really? Little force? When I hear Nigerians talk like you I just shake my head. Why not use a little force on some of your foreign females in the country you live and see how quickly they throw you and your little p3nis in a little cell. Someone like you will visit Nigeria and commit rape and then go back overseas and respect the women there. The same way you people give bribes in Nigeria but go back to your respective countries where you live and obey the law. This is why Nigeria is a shit hole. It is Nigerians ruining Nigeria not foreigners. You people should shut up about Indians and Chinese treating your arses like second class citizens in your mother land because that is exactly what you are. They even treat you better than you treat yourselves. Degenerates

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by LOSKYXANDER: 8:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
As we can see from his apology, the joke was misunderstood. But wether it was or not, the fact remains that he has appologised and promised such won't repeat itself again. Is that not enough to end the story?? So what's all these noise about sack Die the matter joor!!!! Nobody is above mistakes and deserves a second chance angry
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by ideyvexnow: 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
http://onubiyi..co.uk/2014/01/oby-ezekwesili-shocked-by-basketmouths.html

To you Oby Ezekwesili,
Your anger and disgust is directed at the wrong person.
Basket mouth didn't rape anyone.
Basket mouth didn't encourage anyone to rape anyone, be it male or female.
Basket mouth only told us what has been happening in this country and should be commended for doing so.
If you think I am wrong, just read the joke again.
He is a good Glo ambassador for exposing the mind set of gold digging ladies and sex hungry men in Nigeria and as such, should be commended for saying it as it is.
If you are looking for someone to blame or punish, go and meet Yerima for that one.
Leave Basket Mouth alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by njokujay: 8:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
Why would these jobless pepo on twitter be allowed to say nonsense on twitter... Wat is basket mouth blocking dem 4rm Is dis d 1st time basket mouth is cracking a joke like dis... Abeg dis is nt n shuldnt b a news...mak d pesin cme collct d "ambassadorial appointmnt" 4rm am nah!!! NONESENSE!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Youngzedd(m): 8:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
Akiika:
For real? guy, in US for example, what you just typed may haunt you for the rest of your life. Job, School, political ambition e.t.c don't leave comments you don't mean.

You said my mind.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Youngzedd(m): 8:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
LOSKYXANDER: As we can see from his apology, the joke was misunderstood. But wether it was or not, the fact remains that he has appologised and promised such won't repeat itself again. Is that not enough to end the story?? So what's all these noise about sack Die the matter joor!!!! Nobody is above mistakes and deserves a second chance angry

GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Michyeddy(f): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
-Mr Cork-:
...basket mouth spoke the truth & every boody agree wit him 1000 00000 times...black women are gold diggers...period.

...even women agree that black women are gold diggggars (no ooofesnce)
angry
ebot.... E-diat....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by ideyvexnow: 9:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
Michyeddy: ebot.... E-diat....

Why is he an E-diat?

Is it because he supported Basket Mouth for voicing out what has been happening in our society and university campuses on a daily basis since God knows how long or because he doesn't agree with those calling for Glo to drop him as their ambassador.

Or may be it's because you are a gold digger yourself?

Whether you like it or not, the truth is that Basket Mouth never told anyone to go and molest anyone and if you are too blind to see this, then it's just unfortunate..
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Shwarz: 9:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
Rubbish! Some Nigerians are just plain daft, unimaginative, ignorant n hateful. WTF is so baad abt what he said? Even @ that, d next tin d bad belle people would say is for glo to terminate his contract with them n all sorts of arrant nonsense... 9yr old grls r being raped in d house next to urs, husbands beating dia wives, wives killing dia husbands all without any legal implication whatsoever..., n now somebdy cracks a harmless joke n u all open ur dirty stinking mouths...mtcheew... n just for d record, i have no relationship or any sorta relationship with basketmouth, m not even dt much a fan but m just simply being realistic...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
Even the joke is kind of a warning to girls from my point of view. So when u are eating a guy's money u must be ready for intimacy, and any boy/young man/man spending for a lady will one day ask for her kitten #RapeIsNotJoke #ButEatingOurHardEarnMoneyIs?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by kgbd(m): 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
For dos of u saying d joke is harmless u obviously need redemption from ur state of "crude wickedness". I mean u a mocking thousands of victims of d act and u say that is funny?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? / Maryam Booth Reacts To Her Leaked Nude Video, Accuses Deezell, Her Ex Boyfriend / Joke Silva Pictured With Olu Jacobs & Their Son At Her Mum's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.