Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter (132033 Views)

What Basketmouth Just Found In An Airplane / #jadapose - 16-year-old's molest Video Goes Viral On The Internet / No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by ijbeauty(f): 7:17am On Jan 06, 2014
There is Power in d tongue, abi na hand...

He was cLearly misunderstood...

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by RuuDie(m): 7:23am On Jan 06, 2014
Wonder why nobody is talking about the earlier part of the joke where he paints a scenerio of the woman "incessantly" extorting the man...!? Isn't that where the whole joke started from...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 06, 2014
toluene12: Justine sacco also twitted something similar and I quote: ' I'm going to a country in Africa and I hope I don't get infected with AIDS.......just joking' The tweet was considered insensitive and she was attacked both online and offline.
Despite her sincere apology, she was sacked by her employers- a media company and her appointment with the AIDS agency terminated.
There's a responsibility that comes along being a celebrity.
U just dont transfer beer parlour gist to social media.
That u pour out ur unprocessed and crude thoughts on a faceless forum like nairaland doesn't mean u do the same on sites that reveal identity. There's a reputation to protect.
By the way, there's nothing funny about that crude and insensitive joke.

100000000000000000 likes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by fayne(m): 7:28am On Jan 06, 2014
-Mr Cork-:
...basket mouth spoke the truth & every boody agree wit him 1000 00000 times...black women are gold diggers...period.

...even women agree that black women are gold diggggars (no ooofesnce)
angry
Jus because evribo and women agree wif Him doesn't allow u to say all women are golddiggers.buh if u will do, dt means ur mother is a golddigger well. Tink bfor u comment pls, dnt jus do it for d sake of gaining attention or looking for likes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by maasoap(m): 7:45am On Jan 06, 2014
I have a feeling that this guy is going to pay heavily for this true but inappropriate joke. Celebrities like Basket mouth should know that any comments related to rrape should be avoided. The world doesn't joke with rrape comments.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 06, 2014
A joke is a joke period. And basketmouth is a comedian. His job is to tell jokes. Nobody should take what basketmouth says as serious. In fact anybody that does is quite stu.pi.d.
But you know the thing about this women right people is that you can never beat them. They are a strongly emotive group, use emotional blackmail and have connections all over e.g oprah, mo abudu, linda, stella damascus, PEJ etc. Whether they are right or wrong they always win. Basketmouth is in for it grin That glo contract is the punishment they have deemed fit for basketmouth in their one sided court. And they always get it grin

PS: I just wonder why it's the contract they want. They can ask for so many things. Why not ask for basketmouth to be banned from comedy entirely. I guess they still want to hear albino and imb.ecile jokes from him angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by maasoap(m): 7:58am On Jan 06, 2014
His joke justified molestation. It didn't necessarily encourage it.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 06, 2014
dabossman:

Hahaha, you fell into it headlong several posts ago. Your grandparents joke indeed. You seriously think that would give you a soft landing, right? So, it was your grandparents that came to the conclusion that I'm Yoruba, right? Keep telling yourself that and you just might believe it.

BasketMouth has apologised for his gaffe, you can remain here defending what cannot be reasonably defended. I'm through with you.
if i hear! oga, u be confirm yoruba person. take it or leave it
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by kushfc(m): 8:28am On Jan 06, 2014
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by PezzoNovante(m): 8:48am On Jan 06, 2014
nex: Basket Mouth is a very funny comedian, and one of his funniest features is the ability to make fun of what most comedians don't. I was in UNIBEN when he started, and I nearly laughed my head off during promotions for his first major event in Lagos with Ali Baba. As Teju Babyface mentioned the N1,000 gate fee, Basket Mouth looked so alarmed, he said even he wouldn't part with N1,000 to watch himself. I bet that must have cost them a few tickets, but it honestly was spontaneous, very funny, and indeed very fresh. Though possibly counter-productive.

[img]http://1.bp..com/--oi7hTr6zLs/UsmA7gKXQbI/AAAAAAAABXY/mJ7U2at0zhA/s640/basketmouth12.jpg[/img]

I've heard jokes from various Nigerian comedians, which to a large extent are very disgusting to me. The ones which border around ethnicism, and tribalism mostly. It was quite an overwhelming outrage which followed Basket Mouth's joke about dating a Caucasian girl VS dating an African girl, particularly as it ended in "RAP-E!!!".

[img]http://4.bp..com/-67b_8UlyQUU/UsmM2jkPzUI/AAAAAAAABXo/kNqgoc40KeI/s640/Basket+Mouth+Joke+.jpeg[/img]

The thing these days, is that there're these people who are hyper-active on Twitter, and every once in a while, they like to test their might, and also the loyalty of their minions. One of them got a hold of a Zimbabwean's rant, and blew it up to what it became this morning. Some of those among the sets of mindless drones that initially liked that comment, were later seen on Twitter castigating same Basket Mouth.

The originator of this beef on Twitter, whom I refuse to glorify with a mention, has finally retweeted Basket Mouth's apology as a trophy to himself. But then, suddenly, this same man has decided to push his luck a bit harder: prevailing on Globacom and GTBank to terminate any endorsement deals they have with the comedian. As much as I'd be pleased to see this outcry sanitize Nigerian comedy, I'd be absolutely irate to see people making this matter into what it isn't.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-XkkvFDFvggc/UsmVsvB_nII/AAAAAAAABX4/QQN0aiWPOsA/s640/Rape2.jpg[/img]

Rap-e is a very serious crime, yet oddly enough, this joke has been told by other comedians in other arena, and also previously by this particular Basket Mouth, whose moniker by itself conveys his tendency to unguarded speech. The question which critics and anti-rape activists are not asking themselves however is "DID THE COMEDIAN BASKET MOUTH GLORIFY RAP-E?". Although he's tendered an apology, but it's not hard to tell from the tone, that is wasn't in any way heartfelt.

On my part, I'd say Basket Mouth depicted what happens a lot in our society. He didn't say go out and do it. He said this is what happens. What are comedians meant to do? Comedians joke about death, about poverty, disability, tribe, race, hunger, drug abuse, robbery, they even joke about the Devil and Almighty God Himself. Filmmakers do the same, yet, I've not seen such mobilization against a movie that depicts rap-e, or any of the other ills of life. In fact, Martin Scorsese wins an Oscar award for such.

http://thediaryofabadman..com/2014/01/the-joke-that-raped-basket-mouth.html

This is a very good reply, I like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by MsSantaClaus(f): 8:56am On Jan 06, 2014
aux409: one question: are u a victim of R..PE?

Does one have to be a victim of rape to empathize with rape victims? every single woman , from the time she understands what it means to be a woman is in constant mortal fear of being Raped! It is the one thing women fear above all else, many would rather die than be raped! Have that discussion with any female in your vicinity ! Armed robbers, strangers , husbands boyfriends , male siblings , cousins, drivers , cooks , gate men , soldiers during war, etc the list is endless! Every single woman is a Target and has in one way or another been molested by a male, sadly to say even female children as young as 6 months have been sexually molested by men. If u think my statistics are wrong, visit a police station one day and ask, ask google if u can't be bothered to do that, and furthermore , have a candid conversation with any woman folk near you! As I type this a woman somewhere is being raped! It is that bad!
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by RuuDie(m): 9:01am On Jan 06, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

Does one have to be a victim of rape to empathize with rape victims? every single woman , from the time she understands what it means to be a woman is in constant mortal fear of being Raped! It is the one thing women fear above all else, many would rather die than be raped! Have that discussion with any female in your vicinity ! Armed robbers, strangers , husbands boyfriends , male siblings , cousins, drivers , cooks , gate men , soldiers during war, etc the list is endless! Every single woman is a Target and has in one way or another been molested by a male, sadly to say even female children as young as 6 months have been sexually molested by men. If u think my statistics are wrong, visit a police station one day and ask, ask google if u can't be bothered to do that, and furthermore , have a candid conversation with any woman folk near you! As I type this a woman somewhere is being raped! It is that bad!

Make your comments within the context of the joke, tweet or comment made by basketmouth... what do you understand from what he wrote!?
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 06, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

educating me on what i already knw about! my point, it was only a joke, he apologised. why is everyone creating a monster out of it? why not also take on movie producers that act r-ape in their movies! u all mis-interpreted his joke. did it ever occur to u that his joke culd hv been a better way to pass a message of "be carefull ladies, not all guys are who u think they are" . so thnk u, i dont nid to do the findings, i knw! and i understand.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by MsSantaClaus(f): 9:09am On Jan 06, 2014
RuuDie: Wonder why nobody is talking about the earlier part of the joke where he paints a scenerio of the woman "incessantly" extorting the man...!? Isn't that where the whole joke started from...

That part of the joke is even ridiculous, can a woman extort money or anything from a man he is not willing to give? What was his intention in giving in the first place? Did he make it known to her that the giving was in return for intimacy at some future date? Dating does not necessarily have to lead to intimacy, or even a relationship for that matter. That is just what the warped mind of Nigerian men tell them, that because they have spent money on a lady, they are entitled to intimacy and if she does not give in, then it's their privilege to take it by force! What arant nonsense! Women , teach your sons to respect the right of a woman to say NO! If you want to pay for intimacy please visit a commercial intimacy worker ( even they have rules )! Anything apart from that would be considered a violation of a woman's rights, the body does NOT belong to you, because you spent some money!

Dating as defined by Wikipedia -
Dating is a form of courtship consisting of social activities done by two people with the aim of each assessing the other's suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or as a spouse. While the term has several meanings, it usually refers to the act of meeting and engaging in some mutually agreed upon social activity in public, together, as a couple.
The protocols and practices of dating, and the terms used to describe it, vary considerably from country to country. The most common idea is two people trying out a relationship and exploring whether they are compatible by going out together in public as a couple who may or may not yet be having sexual relations. This period of courtship is sometimes seen as a precursor to engagement or marriage.[1][2]
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by MsSantaClaus(f): 9:18am On Jan 06, 2014
aux409: educating me on what i already knw about! my point, it was only a joke, he apologised. why is everyone creating a monster out of it? why not also take on movie producers that act r-ape in their movies! u all mis-interpreted his joke. did it ever occur to u that his joke culd hv been a better way to pass a message of "be carefull ladies, not all guys are who u think they are" . so thnk u, i dont nid to do the findings, i knw! and i understand.

It was a joke in bad taste, Justine Sacco also made a joke , everyone was up in arms about it, I'm sure even you, if you were aware, Senator Cruise also made a comment about Nigerian Yahoo boys and Obama, why didn't we laugh at that? What about the Oga at the Top saga? None of these comments are anywhere as bad as Molestation , which is a crime in and of itself.
Basketmouth is a public figure with a Corporate endorsement, he should as of necessity be careful what he jokes with. He owes his corporate sponsors the duty of care and unfortunately, in my mind, maybe he has apologized, but if the sponsors do nothing, it is tantamount to condoning what he said and it makes them look bad too. Also it will be a lesson to others to be careful how they utter comments in public, an ambassador should be discreet and responsible! Nigeria has to veer away from sentimentality and uphold, acceptable values.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 06, 2014
Basket mouth forgot he was on twitter and not at night of a thousand laughs with his fellow neanderthal Nigerians for whom there is absolutely nothing wrong with forcing yourself on a woman. This is just one of many crude gutter jokes by our comedy elite. Now if he had joked about a really sensitive subject like MOGs, you can be sure all his defenders would be up in arms

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Saintkeirrison: 9:24am On Jan 06, 2014
Abeg joor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by showby: 9:31am On Jan 06, 2014
Basket Mouth don leak again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by neyobillz: 9:34am On Jan 06, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

It was a joke in bad taste, Justine Sacco also made a joke , everyone was up in arms about it, I'm sure even you, if you were aware, Senator Cruise also made a comment about Nigerian Yahoo boys and Obama, why didn't we laugh at that? What about the Oga at the Top saga? None of these comments are anywhere as bad as Molestation , which is a crime in and of itself.
Basketmouth is a public figure with a Corporate endorsement, he should as of necessity be careful what he jokes with. He owes his corporate sponsors the duty of care and unfortunately, in my mind, maybe he has apologized, but if the sponsors do nothing, it is tantamount to condoning what he said and it makes them look bad too. Also it will be a lesson to others to be careful how they utter comments in public, an ambassador should be discreet and responsible! Nigeria has to veer away from sentimentality and uphold, acceptable values.

Justine Sacco said,"Going to Africa,hope i dont get AIDS,just kidding.Im White." this is exactly what she said,not that thing u posted above, and she work as a top PR person for InterActiveCorp, the New York media conglomerate run by Barry Diller,InterActiveCorp owns the Daily Beast, Vimeo, About.com, Match.com and Ask.com, among many other so she isnt a comedian,BTW this is more of a racist statement than a joke,anyone who sees this as a joke has a warped sense of humor.

What BM wrote was RAYPE and not the GIRL WAS,IS OR BEEN RAYPED,as u can see,its just an exclamation of the word RAYPE,it doesnt mean it actually happened,people actually have to understand the English language perfectly before jumping into baseless conclusions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by ocelot2006(m): 9:34am On Jan 06, 2014
There's nothing wrong with the joke. Just a bunch of idiots over reacting.

2 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 06, 2014
It seems to me that certain people have been waiting for this guy to make a mistake like this so that they can pounce on him.
The guy has apologised, why are they still insisting that glo terminates his contract again? To what aim? I may be wrong but some people are more interested in ruining this man's career than in the so called insensitivity of his joke.
Besides I have been seeing this joke around even before he posted it..it was even trending on twitter, why didn't all this people screaming now complain about it or advocate that the joke wasn't funny? I bet they all laughed at it sef. Now basketmouth posted it and they want his head...
I really hope he pulls through this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by IYANGBALI: 9:38am On Jan 06, 2014
maasoap: I have a feeling that this guy is going to pay heavily for this true but inappropriate joke. Celebrities like Basket mouth should know that any comments related to rrape should be avoided. The world doesn't joke with rrape comments.
pay?pay for what?I laff?it seems you have forgotten that this is Naija,a jungle where anything goes,nothing is going to happen,instead he would still be smiling to the bank
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 06, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

so u wuld want his head on a plate shey? haba! i knw abt justine sacco, she didnt even get the opportunity to apologize as she was airborne. leave basketmouth alone. he already appologised.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Speakdatruth: 9:39am On Jan 06, 2014
i tnk d mumu shu knw dat sum tins cnt b usd as play

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by IYANGBALI: 9:39am On Jan 06, 2014
ocelot2006: There's nothing wrong with the joke. Just a bunch of idiots over reacting.
they are all haters,all na beef
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by IYANGBALI: 9:42am On Jan 06, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

abeg spare the guy jo,it was just a harmless joke
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by peren: 9:49am On Jan 06, 2014
I see nothing wrong with this joke! Nigerians and social media follow follow..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by brightnelly(f): 9:53am On Jan 06, 2014
clearly this is just a harmless joke, this joke was all over Facebook some days ago, don't know Why some trolls would go to the extent of calling on GLO to terminate his contract even when he has apologized!!!

to all the haters I have one word for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by isaiahethan: 9:53am On Jan 06, 2014
Basket I love ur joke,keep it up grin
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Kris01: 9:58am On Jan 06, 2014
For goodness sake, what connection has the joke with his contract with glo? #ENEMIES OF PROGRESS# una go die o.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Kul3ger(m): 10:01am On Jan 06, 2014
OMG!!! See what joblessnes can cause? Presenting reality in a funny way has simply made a comedian a molester..All you haterz simply help yourselves and go get a life *i smell insanity*

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? / Maryam Booth Reacts To Her Leaked Nude Video, Accuses Deezell, Her Ex Boyfriend / Joke Silva Pictured With Olu Jacobs & Their Son At Her Mum's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.