Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO (5678 Views)

Abdulfatai Emetumah: The Igbo Muslim King (Photo) / Ify Okoye, Igbo Muslim Woman On Cnn / Lol: Igbo Muslim In Ebonyi Declares Jihad Against Igbos. Joke Of The Millenium (2) (3) (4)

WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by macjive01: 6:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
Good day people,

I advocate that an igbo man has to be the next sultan, this is coming on the heel of Igbo contribution to the greastest expansion of islam since usmma dan fodio.
Igbos in the northern hemisphere of the country is now the second largest ethnic group, surpassing kanuri + yoruba+ plus every other minority combined.

There are 3 million plus high calibre, tax paying residents of igbos descent in kano alone.
The new kwankasa city has been oversubscribed chiefly due to igbos involvement.

Igbo make up a gigantum propotion of the population of southern kaduna.

Jos, bauchi, abuja

In Abuja ... we all know the statistics

These numbers are impressive and even more appealing to the growth strategy of the islam faith.

Igbos has been known to throw their support - financial and human capacity - on any developmental initiative of their new states and hence same attitude will be replicated in the islamic region.

What better way to improve igbo-muslim relation than to make an igbo the next sultan to continue this impressive growth of high quality educated import into the islamic faith.

Igbos know, since Abraham, that Ismael was the choosen one and has decide is time to recognise that.

Lagos has been transformed, what igbos did in Lagos -turning a slumish village to a city of repute. over night . They have the potential to do same in/with islam.

Please support the Igbo.

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by Blackteeth(m): 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
Some posts on Nairaland sef. undecided

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by adezjamz(m): 6:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
seconded!
Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by docsholz(m): 7:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
Wow this is a new level of lack of sense undecided

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by misterh(m): 7:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
Na wa o! Well, in Islam, there are laid down rules on how to elect a leader. This is an Islamic position, if you must know.
Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
NL could be funny. BTW why should Ibo be sidelined?
Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by Beetwo(m): 7:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
yeah, dats correct. plz pass me dat ganja so l can get high like dis. am wonderin why a fulani man can't b eze igbo too. or is it not possible ne?

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by Garrithe1st: 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
macjive01: Good day people,
I advocate that an igbo man has to be the next sultan, this is coming on the heel of Igbo contribute to the greastest expansion of islam since usmma dan fodio,
Igbos in the northern hemisphere of the country is now the second largest ethnic group, surpassing kanuri + yoruba+ plus every other minority combine.
There are 3 million plus high calibre, tax paying residents of igbos descent in kano alone.
Jos, bauchi, abuja
These numbers are impressive and even more appealing to the growth strategy of the islam faith.
Igbos has been known to throw their support - financial and human capacity - on any developmental initiative of their new states and hence same attitude will be replicated in the islamic region.
What better way to improve igbo-muslim relation than to make an igbo the next sultan to continue this impressive growth of high quality educated import into the islamic faith.
Igbos know, since Abraham, that Ismael was the choosen one and has decide is time to recognise that.
Lagos has been transformed, what igbos did in Lagos -turning a slumish village to a city of repute. over night . They have the potential to do same in/with islam.
Please support the Igbo.

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
macjive01: Good day people,

I advocate that an igbo man has to be the next sultan, this is coming on the heel of Igbo contribute to the greastest expansion of islam since usmma dan fodio,
Igbos in the northern hemisphere of the country is now the second largest ethnic group, surpassing kanuri + yoruba+ plus every other minority combine.

Jos, bauchi, abuja

Please support the Igbo.

guy u well so?

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
misterh: Na wa o! Well, in Islam, there are laid down rules on how to elect a leader. This is an Islamic position, if you must know.
With all due respect to Islam, I see no reason why an Ibo muslem shouldn't be the Sultan. Lol.

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by Habakus: 7:20pm On Jan 05, 2014
I totally support this. I think it's a good step in fostering our national unity.

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by unmask: 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
na so them talk say them wan become president sef.....others they carry candidate comot say make people vote am.......them dey for one side they count who don rule and who never rule......Nobody will hand you anything on a platter, if you have a credible candidate present him and he will be voted for.....shikena

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by misterh(m): 7:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
Orlando Owoh:
With all due respect to Islam, I see no reason why an Ibo muslem shouldn't be the Sultan. Lol.
Sure. If the Igbo is a muslim, he can. But anyone that has to be the sultan should have some qualities. I was only talking about the op's style of trying to politicize a religious position.

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
Sokoto is a no man's land......so Ibos can lay claim to the Sultanate.

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by macjive01: 8:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
ilugunboy: Sokoto is a no man's land......so Ibos can lay claim to the Sultanate.

Dont be silly, sokoto is sokoto land.

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
macjive01:

Dont be silly, sokoto is sokoto land.

Stop exhibiting foolishness! According to Ibos....anywhere in Nigeria is no man's land.

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by misterh(m): 8:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
ilugunboy:

Stop exhibiting foolishness! According to Ibos....anywhere in Nigeria is no man's land.
iWeak
Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by perez019(m): 8:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
@ op, o tin yo igbo mu... Nonsense undecided
Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by cannonnier(m): 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
gringringringringringrin

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2014

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by macjive01: 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
Orlando Owoh: An Ibo man must be the Sultan because they contribute 98 per cent to the growth of the economy of Sokoto State else there won't be peace. MASSOB members are on ground to effect a sit-at-home order to all Ibo traders (the pillars of Sokoto economy) should the Sultanate fail to turban Ibo as the Sultan.

Please be objective, this is religion we are talking about here. Have you no respect For the Sultanate ?

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
ilugunboy: Sokoto is a no man's land......so Ibos can lay claim to the Sultanate.
grin my ibo brothers dem 2 like wahala hanhan! Na evrywhere una wan lay claim 2... First it was Lagos talking about how u raised it 4rm scratch and all that. Now it's laying claim to the sit of sultan, need I remind u that these notherners don't take BS una don 4get wetin happen during civil war abi... Na we 'Yoruba's' dey tolerate, notherners don't o. I don't know what it will take u guys 2 sit back in ur region and develop it than going about boasting about how u help others 'developed' their region, and tryn 2 clain their lands 4 urself. Smh! Nuff said!

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by size38: 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bullshit! The Igbos should go home and develop their place and stop causing problem where ever they go. In fact, their various states government needs such tax to develop their states

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by macjive01: 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
size38: Bullshit! The Igbos should go home and develop their place and stop causing problem where ever they go. In fact, their various states government needs such tax to develop their states

Sorry for any misunderstanding, igbos only want peace and fair justice, level playing ground to displays their God given capability and strength.
Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by misterh(m): 9:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
macjive01:

Sorry for any misunderstanding, igbos only want peace and fair justice, level playing ground to displays their God given capability and strength.
Oh! Level playing ground means them dragging a religious post? If only the op had mentioned a Muslim igbo, i'd have agreed but trying to say they should be given such post coz they've been resident in such place for long doesn't quite cut it.
Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by FakeJews: 9:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
@op! Do You Know Yaba Left.!

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by macjive01: 10:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
Fake Jews!!:
@op! Do You Know Yaba Left.!

No sir , I dont
Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by FakeJews: 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
macjive01:

No sir , I dont
[/quote]but are u yiboo muslim just curious.!
Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by macjive01: 10:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
Fake Jews!!:
but are u yiboo muslim just curious.!

No I am not yiboo muslim sir, I am Igbo.

Re: WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO by FakeJews: 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
macjive01:

No I am not yiboo muslim sir, I am Igbo.
u can't claim it here go n confront sultan nd tell him.!

Governor Okorocha Got The Disgrace Of His Life Yesterday.. / Tinubu As A Leader Is Responsible For His Own Misfortunes ~ Fayemi / Ikoyi-gate: US Dollar Bills Recovered Had A Print Date Of 2016