Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,986 members, 7,799,372 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Same Genotype As - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Same Genotype As (1288 Views)

Dated For 9 Years Just To Fine Out That Both Of Us Have Same Genotype (as) / Genotype AS and AS: Can We Get Married? / Can A Man With Genotype As Get Marry To A Woman With Thesame Genoype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Same Genotype As by sheyai: 8:11pm On Aug 07, 2008
Hi, i need everybody in the house to pls contribute 2 dis. does it make sense 2 break up with my fiancee of 5yrs just because we are both AS!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Same Genotype As by kathyekiti: 1:45am On Aug 08, 2008
As someone who just experienced my cousin's 4 yr old daughter die from complications secondary to ss and as a medical practitioner and sickle cell trait carrier, I think it would be wise to consider the option of ivf with preimplantation genetic diagnosis(PGD) if you want to marry your fiancee. 1/4 is too high a risk to take. You should also consider that the ivf with PGD is very expensive but if you love the person, it may be worth it. good luck
Re: Same Genotype As by madan(f): 5:06pm On Aug 11, 2008
If both of you really love each other I will advise you break up. It's deadly for the two of you to get married considering the fact that you both are AS.

If you don't want to jeopardize the future of your children, then I guess it is wise to call off the relationship.
Re: Same Genotype As by folabola: 1:51am On Aug 12, 2008
Hi, it is a decision only the two of you have to take . You will only be adviced that you risk of having issues who are sicklers. Taking care of children who are sicklers could be very distressing to the couples. It is important that this before taking a decision on whether you`ll stick together or part ways before marriage
Re: Same Genotype As by camry2008: 10:25am On Aug 12, 2008
if u realy love the guy the best thing is to break up, instead bringing innocent children into he world to start suffering, u may think that it does not matter but am putting it to that by then the man u claim that loves u will be pissed off.

other wise i will do it for him cos i am AA grin marry him and come to me for jigbi jigbi grin grin grin

DONT MARRY HIM, PERIOUD!!!!!!
Re: Same Genotype As by oderonke: 4:01pm On Aug 14, 2008
uhm!!!!! well, marriage is the realistic aspect of love. if u really love ur potential wife, i guess u won't like to see her terminate every pregnancy cos of genetic incompartibility that is if u can afford it, if not having a SS child is a cruel option. the chance of having either AA, SS or AS are equal. thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk undecided
Re: Same Genotype As by morpheus24: 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2008
You have a one in four chance of having an SS child. which means if you have 4 children. It is very likely that 1 of them will be SS but not all.

I have many friends who are from such homes and I really don't know what to say cause most of them came out healthy cept one. Its up to you my friend. If you are ready to live with the consequencies then go ahead and procreate.

Life is better that no life.
Re: Same Genotype As by 1k001(m): 12:19am On Aug 19, 2008
In my opinion your genotype should not influence your decision really. If you're both in love and are compatible then go for it. It's all statistics in the end and it's up to He who gives life to decide how your children will turn out. Moreover in the event you get a sickler caring for a sick child can be one of the most unifying things a couple can experience.
Re: Same Genotype As by Flakybaby(f): 12:57am On Aug 19, 2008
It could be painful but for the interest of the unborn children, u guys shld break-up.
Re: Same Genotype As by kufreabasi(m): 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2008
nothing, as far as I know. I am assuming that both are AS. if so you have 25% chance of having SS baby. if one is AS and one SS the chance is 50%. if one is AS and one is normal there is no chance of having a baby with sickle cell disease, but 25% chance of having a baby with trait

(1) (Reply)

Pain Free Injection Products Developed By Coolsense / Six-legged Baby Born in Pakistan; Doctors Successfully Removed Four! / I Think I Am Anorexic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.